Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

There are a surprising number of attributes here that would help out in every day situations, but I'll focus on just a couple of them. The first attribute that would translate nicely off the ice is strength. Who doesn't want to be big and strong? With that off-ice strength, you can become a man of women's dreams. They'll imagine you lifting them up and carrying them up a mountain. They'll think big picture of how a nice strong man will build them a house and raise wonderful children, caring a child in each arm with another one clinging to your back. Another attribute that would translate well into the off-ice world is stamina. You're going to want to have a lot of stamina to keep up with your 3 children, and to keep that gal of yours satisfied to produce a potential fourth child. Lastly, I think you'd want to have a lot of bravery. The women don't want to deal with a coward, so you better prove yourself to be brave. There's nothing worse than a man of muscle that's as brave as a wimpy mouse.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Defensive positioning seems like a fun attribute to talk about in this context. How would this help me? Well I would always position myself well when I am in arguments with anyone. Your girlfriend drops aa glass? You are there to catch it. You want to dodge an argument at work? Oh easy, you just position yourself at the perfect spot for it. I think it could be fun while driving too. Always being positioned in the right lane. I think ultimately, the perfect position matters in a lot of aspects. Sometimes you just want to be positioned in the right way for moments where you have to leave too. Like you go to some big event and afterwards you are able to leave much easier than others since you were positioned near the exits when it mattered. Oh and you also get a great seat in restaurants. Always positioned well in life and on the ice!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Aron Hernadivic is a wonderfully-balanced player, focused on a strong two-way game that proves hard for the opposition to overcome. His strengths lie particularly with an 18 Getting Open, and an 18 Offensive Read, while also having strengths in checking and other defensive attributes. This is vital for Hernadivic's secret career, where he sees work as an intelligence operative for CSIS, working specifically to assassinate high value targets in the Middle East. Hernadivic's 18 Getting Open and 18 Offensive Read allow him to read what his targets are doing, allowing him to plan steps ahead to ensure that his target never gets away. Additionally, his strong checking, defensive read, and strength attributes allow him to evade capture when on the defensive, allowing Hernadivic to get away after completing his assigned missions. His middling bravery also works to his advantage, as it means Hernadivic focuses more on stealth, preventing himself from putting him at risk by trying to be a hero. (164 words)

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

PBE PT (AW13)

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

One of Antonescu's greatest strengths is his mental toughness in net. Not letting a flukey goal or an opposing crease-crasher rattle you for the rest of the game is very important as a keeper, but it also helps quite a bit by letting you have a collected picture of yourself off the ice as well. Antonescu doesn't take many things personally, is able to think through conflicts with a calm and collected nature, and is overall a happy and self-reflective person. His mental toughness is great for having and maintaining healthy relationships, like those he has with his parents, siblings, significant others, friends, and teammates. Overcoming obstacles and adversity, and being able to shake off a lot of the negativity that comes up in life while still being able to speak about difficult topics or situations is a skill that everyone should have. Antonescu considers himself lucky that he has the kind of temperament to ensure he lives an overall happy and lower-stress life.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Walton Stromberg would benefit most from mental toughness off the ice. Walton has some bad habits - habits that he knows are bad, but simply can't stop. He's a chocoholic and also addicted to caffeine. Walton comes from Finland, which is one of the countries leading in consuming both coffee and chocolate, so it's kind of understandable. The dark place near the arctic circle has so little daylight during most of the year, that the regular caffeine and dopamine rushes are severely needed. But it would be better to have a life without addictions.

Another attribute Walton needs to improve is stickchecking. Walton keeps on grabbing the wrong stick from the hallway when he heads to ice from the locker room. Teammates constantly have to ask him to give their sticks back. He has to start checking that he takes the right stick, the one that has his name on it. It has become a running joke already, and his teammates sometimes spray his stick completely red so that it stands out enough for Walton to recognize it.

[Image: sulov.gif]

ISFL PT

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

So I think for me, Stamina is definitely the most important skill you can have. The first and foremost was if my player was real and did a virtual hockey league, he would need stamina to write PT's as well as write articles for money. You also need stamina for mundane tasks throughout the day. As you get older, if you have no stamina how do you go grocery shopping. It is one of the most exhausting tasks that is incredibly underrate. With grocery shopping also comes other chores that people of all ages don't like. While I don't find cleaning a bathroom as rough, raking leaves is terrible. Another crappy chore that requires high stamina that will be quite common soon is shoveling snow. Shoveling snow for some people can be more than just a chore or could be their livelihood and ability to get work. Lastly stamina is important for the bedroom. Gotta be ready for the big bang boom

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Checking is the stat king for Minamino I've found. These days life is just too busy to be able to handle all the minor details while taking on major tasks. Checking will allow Minamino to ensure that all of his details are in order and that he hasn't missed a single thing. It'll be the stat that ensures that he'll not only remember if he's forgotten something but also know exactly what it is that he has forgotten. Plus with English being as difficult as it is, being able to check your grammar and spelling will only help to put his stuff out in a way that will be less inclined to be torn down for those minor mistakes. The other big asset to this will be how having a strong Checking means that his chequeing account will also in good shape and Minamino ontop of his finances despite the temptation to buy random things.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

During the ongoing covid-19 pandemic Calvin Hobbes has benefited greatly from all the training and TPE he's put into Getting Open. The skill has allowed him to successfully maintain the recommended 2 meter distance from other people when he's been out in public. Additionally, the points invested in Offensive Read as well as Defensive Read has shown a great addition to know when it's a good time to enter a certain store or area, alternatively, when it's best and safest to keep away. With these abilities combined, his skill to get away from the crowd he's been able to complete most of his Christmas shopping already.
For the times when he's not been able to get a good opportunity, his trade mark hockey skill comes into play, passing, he's delegating away the shopping need to a poor family friend who will gladly do the shopping and drop it of at the door .

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

In most of FSS endeavors off the ice, he uses his aggressiveness to assert himself and be clearly stark about his feelings and attitude. FSS has never been the type of person to spare the feelings of someone or sugarcoat something, for he'll just shoot off what he's thinking and that will be that. It's because of this trait that people have either come to hate FSS for being a rude asshole with no care in the world or respect him for keeping it real and not letting emotions or doubts cloud his judgment for certain things. Love it or hate it, it's a trademark that makes up FSS identity on the ice when he's smashing into people, and off the ice when he's had enough of your bullshit. Speed also plays somewhat of a part in FSS's days as most of his time is spent running around places either in the workout sense, or something trivial like catching a soon departing bus or, leg speed when riding his bike around sights in the town.

For Ruslan, his best attribute would have to be agility. Not because it is the highest of his stats, but because it is very useful for not only the day to day life of grabbing groceries and dry cleaning while dodging paparazzo in the big TO, but also for his long time passion. Horseback riding. THATS RIGHT, you heard it first, Ruslan Zaporozhets rides horses as both a personal passion and training as quoted here in an exposing article one summer before the SHL draft.

"Da, i ride horses on comrade's ranch somewhere in this province. It is important culturally for me as well as for a chance it get away from things."

A kind an nurturing man, you can see why he would be dodging the ladies all around town. For such a thing you would need a very high agility stat...or just a nice, fast horse to ride.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

[Image: F2A7Kbt.png]

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

ISFL PT

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada