Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

I'm going to say that bravery would be the most applicable attribute to your everyday life, for anyone really. In everyone's life, there absolutely will come a time that you need to have bravery, which can be from something extreme, like coming face to face with a dangerous animal in the woods, to something everyday like standing up to someone in power over something you believe in. There are numerous applications where bravery would absolutely come in handy. Barrett Blackwood uses his bravery off of the ice when he has to catch spiders around his apartment. Those eight-legged devils are an otherworldly level of terrifying and if they all died in some sort of nuclear-inspired spider holocaust, all the better. However, they are everywhere, and as someone suffering with the affliction known as arachnophobia, it takes a great amount of courage to chase one of those spindly bastards down before it makes a web in the corner of the ceiling. Some people will more than likely write about getting into a fist fight here, or something stupid like that, but getting into a fight with another person isn't scary at all because they only have two eyes, two arms, and two legs. Nothing abnormal about that at all.

Code:
208 words

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

The off-ice situation that SHL attributes could be most applied for Parker Smeb would be League of Legends, Parker Smeb used to compete competitively in LoL before turning pro in hockey and being nominated for three straight Stevens awards. There's a lot of different SHL attributes that would translate well to playing League of Legends but the most important to me would be positioning which would allow him to position well in team fights to make sure he's always in the best position to clean up fights, aggression which would allow him to play aggressive in-game, bravery which allowed him to make risky plays without dying, fighting for team fights, rebounds would help him rebound from poor performances without staying tilted, reaction time would be incredibly important to help keep Parker Smebs mechanics sharp and mental toughness which would help Parker spend more time in games improving his gameplay without getting burnt out.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

I think the attribute that will help a player the most off the ice isn't exactly an expected one. People will focus on the speed and agility attributes to in theory move quicker. Maybe they will focus on strength in order to be stronger. In my opinion, the one that will help the most is defensive read. When you think about it, defensive read encompasses all other attributes. It's great if you can move fast but it doesn't matter if you can't figure out where you are going? It is great if you're stronger than everyone else but what does it matter if you don't know how to use your strength? Defensive read will allow you to look at any situation and figure out instantly what the best option is. You're always be two steps ahead of everyone else and you'll never get in any sort of trouble. You'll be able to read any situation and always know the best option for you.

Code:
163 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

shooting accuracy is jason desroulex strongest attribute. he trains on his shooting accuracy all the time. and man oh man does it show up on the score sheet. his high level accuracy traverses through just the ice hockey rink and leaks out to real world situations. He is a hunter. he hunts so many bucks and rabbits. he pulls out his big gun and shoots these animals with incredible aim. He just never misses these animals. bucks cannot out run jason. they try to but he runs them down. runs them down so fast, whips out his big gun and goes bang bang bang. and man is it a gruesome scene. it makes me slightly uncomfortable. but that does not stop jason desrtouelex. he is relentless. its crazy how much knowledge you can pull from the ice hockey rink and apply it to real life world situations. just goes to show how hockey is best sport in world.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

All sorts of the on-ice attributes that Jukka has been focusing on improving over the last 5 seasons can be vaguely applied to any number of situations in every day life away from the rink as well. He uses a combination of speed and agility attributes to get around the annoyingly slow people that walk 3 wide and take up the entire sidewalk. His 16 in getting open has become incredibly valuable these days to get some separation from all the idiots not wearing masks. His offensive read on the ice is used to try and set up plays and facilitate offense, but he has more success using it a the grocery store to figure out which lane is moving the quickest. Balance has become crucial, as he has to remember to balance the amount of shots he takes with glasses of water, so that he's not even more of a liability than normal during the game the next day.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020, 11:09 PM by GCool.)

On-ice attributes always translate to off-ice success. There are no exceptions. Take "Long" John Donair, for instance. His incredible Offensive Read allows him to be very successful on dates. He knows when to not be pushy and understands when the ladies are only looking for a way to get introduced to Ryu Jones. His screening ability comes in handy at parties, as he can keep the goalie from drinking too much before a double-header the next day. His shooting range isn't the best -- he's much better off in person than texting -- but he has great accuracy, and shoots his shot with confidence on all the Anaheim dimes. His average speed and agility doesn't really move the biggest movers and shakers in the fast-paced California scene, but he's a young guy and is fine with playing the long game out there for now. One thing to work on in the future out there? Bravery. Donair is a stud, and he's gotta act like it every now and again when it comes to social interactions.

Slip McScruff is brave as hell and it helps him off the ice. When he needs to do his laundry and the basement is spooky, his bravery helps him power through the initial fear and take his basket into the unknown. You know his clothes be smelling fresh when he shows up to the rink. When he needs to call the restaurant instead of placing his order through the app, his bravery keeps him fed. You know his local pizza parlor be on speed dial. When he need to do his taxes, he fires up the turbo tax and whips out his dubya dubya two. You know his refund hits the bank on day two.

When he watches a sad movie with a compelling plot, his bravery lets him cry in front of his friends. You know this boy is in touch with his emotions and not afraid to show it.

He may be a bit dumb, but that boy doesn't let a little apprehension stop him from screwing up.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

ISFL PT

A lot of those physically attributes help you in on ice situations and they would definitely help me in a variety of off ice situations. Speed, acceleration and agility would all help me in a ton of situations from situations like running and playing sports or even a variety of others depending on what kind of speed we're talking about. Strength, checking and fighting would all help me in not just fighting but daily life stuff like lifting stuff. Defensive read would help me avoid getting hit in fights along with positioning, maybe i'd be always in the right place at the right time. Bravery and aggression could help me do things i normally wouldnt do but maybe it would also make me crazy with too much aggression. Finally stamina would help me not get tired maybe i'd rarely ever have to sleep due to so much stamina. Oh and balance is cool too for not falling over.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Fighting. Aggression. Strength. Bravery. Mental Toughness. When my SHL career ends, and I am past the hump and who knows how many seasons I have left to play (roughly 6-8 for those counting at home), I'm switching over from hockey player to underground fighter. MMA, boxing, you name it, I'm doing it. As long as it brings in that sweet money. I'm clapping moms, sons, fathers, and daughters you name in, all in the name of that cold hard sweet cash. With all these attributes, and maybe perhaps stamina and agility, I'm going undefeated in the ring. After my second career comes to and end, I'm maxing out recovery to fix my body which at this point will be deformed, and then moving on to positioning to start my third career as a social media influencer. I'm gonna be bringing home that money til the day i die.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

PBE PT Affiliate

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

One of my highest attributes is Screening and that's not just for its benefits on the ice. Screening has plenty of benefits off the ice.

Screening is important for when you're swiping on tinder or other dating apps. You have to screen candidates to determine who you like and who you don't.

Screening is also important for who you bring home to your mom at Thanksgiving. The girl from the club on Wednesday night? Probably not. The girl from you Philosophy class who spent the summer interning with the government? Sounds kinda boring but your mom would probably like her.

Screening also has benefits for when you need to become a movie theater. If you can't screen, how are you going to play the movies? Your ability to screen and become a screen are integral.

Finally, screening plays a big role in the COVID pandemic. Like - have you been breathing on other people? Do you think masks are dumb? Do you think the government is somehow injecting you with chips via the vaccine? Very valuable tools to be able to screen with.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Code:
Written task: You've spent lots of time pouring TPE into various attributes to boost your player's performance on ice, in sim. Which of our FHM attributes (listed above) would help your player out in an off-ice situation? Maybe it's high agility that allows you to wake up late and dart swiftly through traffic, positioning helping you in chess, or fighting helping you win a fight (!). Interpret those attribute labels as figuratively as you need to make it work, but make sure you're picking from that list above. (150+ words)

As a frequent competitor in local Lumberjack Games, Elwulf Jericson relies upon his various physical attributes such as Strength, Stamina, Balance, Speed, and Acceleration to beat the competition. Log Rolling and the Boom Running events rely upon not only Speed and Acceleration but also greatly on Balance. Falling off of the logs means that you are eliminated from the competition. By working on these attributes on the ice Elwulf has noticed an improvement in his times in both events as he continues to compete in them during the off-seasons. Another favorite of his is the Springboard Chop. This event relies upon the lumberjack to stand upon a plank of wood jammed into the log while cutting the log. This requires not only great Strength to be able to use your axe to cut through the log (of which you have multiple levels to cut through as the event progresses) but also great Balance to be able to stand on the springboard without wavering. This requires being able to generate a lot of momentum while not getting knocked over. All in all, the Lumberjack Games have become a key part of Elwulf's off-season training and both that and his on-ice training compliment each other greatly.

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Of my many outstanding characteristics, traits, and abilities, none are more crucial to my day to day living than agility. Graceful moves out of bed and into the kitchen in ten steps or less, easily weave in and out of traffic on my way to the rink, dodging ex-girlfriends and child support payments with the silky smooth grace of a ballerina. To so languidly move through life is to achieve maximum efficiency. The quicker and easier you navigate life and her obstacles, the better everything can be. You get things done faster, which opens doors for more things to be done. Without supreme agility, things like social gatherings and dates and even job commitments become a drag, they keep you from enjoying the solitary things in life. Forget all that brothers and sisters, just dodge it all with expert maneuverability. Life can't keep you down if it can't hit you.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

When I think about the number of attributes that could help me off the ice, I have to admit there are quite a few. Not to mention that a number could even help with my player's ability in other sports.

Offensive Read can help in other sports that involve passing like soccer, football, basketball where you have to be able to read the floor/field in order to find open teammates that are in a better position to score than yourself.

Similarly, Defensive Read can help on the other end of the field/floor as it gives you a better ability to read the game defensively in order to be in a better position to prevent your opponent from scoring.

A lot of the physical attributes are huge here as they can help you in everyday life. Agility? Is one that might not be used as often as the rest but is still very useful in a number of situations. Similarly Speed, Balance, Stamina and Strength are attributes that you could use almost everywhere and anywhere. I bet right now you're using one of those.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl