Create Account

S57 mPT #2 - the hall of fame where is it

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located in Pierre, South Dakota because it would be somewhere near the center of all SHL and SMJHL teams and every player could easily do their annual pilgrimage to the Hall once they get eliminated from the playoffs.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

The SHL Hall of Fame should be constructed in New Orleans, home of NOLA. Why? Because NOLA recently drafted several future hall-of-famers, such as goalie Jon St. Ark, winger Vlastislav Malik, center Cian McFelter, and defenseman Robert Feltersnatch. You might as well make it in New Orleans so it'll be even more special when we're all inducted into the SHL Hall of Fame together someday!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

The Centre of North Ameriaca is Rugby ND. I think the SHL hall of fame should be built there and the name of the town should be changed to Hockey North Dakota. The whole town could be involved with all the stores themed toward the SHL franchises. Street names could all be changed to match current teams or former players and managers. It could be a big tourist trap!

[Image: 8F99koM.png]

Falcons SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  Falcons

Personally, I'd put the SHL Hall Of Fame in a spot like Edmonton. They have a solid history, fanatical fan base and well, it's always cold there apparently. You could add the feature to skate inside that ice building going around looking at history

[Image: Fsysi9W.png][Image: R6eC8Fu.png]
209 TPE
OTT (S75)
[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
credit: enigmatic
389 TPE
COL (S56-60)

I think there is one clear cut choice where the SHL Hall of Fame should be located and that should be in the city of Calgary. While I know this may sound like the biased answer seeing as I am the member of the Calgary Dragons, I am going to make a logical pitch as to why I made this decision based on the history and stats of the Dragons franchise over the fifty seven seasons it has been part of the SHL.

Being an original SHL team with a ton of storied history. In this aspect the Calgary Dragons hold a lot of similarities to the Toronto Maple Leafs and the NHL hockey hall of fame that is located in Toronto. The Dragons’ franchise history dates back all the way to season one of the league when Waldo Cezar created the team. Calgary is one of the very few remaining original teams that have never under went a name change or a franchise relocation. Its rich history represents that of the SHL and the hall of fame.

The rich history of the Calgary Dragons players in the hall of fame and near the top of the all time stats leader boards. With a deep hockey history in the SHL as one of the original teams dating back to season one, Calgary has developed a ton of SHL hall of fame players and helped many people have successful and fulfilling careers in the SHL. Throughout history many great players have suited up for the Calgary Dragons. A total of thirteen Dragons have been inducted into the SHL hall of fame over the years including: defenseman Eric Chisling (season twelve), left wing Ron Bolt (season thirteen), general manager Nathan D'Angelo (season thirteen), left wing Pavel Skvoznak (season fourteen), goaltender Ryan Jesster (season fifteen), left wing Kain Webb (season sixteen), left wing Christoph Klose (season eighteen), goaltender Hunter Wong (season forty), goaltender Mike Verminski (season forty two), left wing Nicholas Pedersen (season forty six), left wing Esa Anrikkanen (season forty eight), left wing Randy Randleman (season forty eight), and left wing Dani Forsberg (season fifty two). In addition, I expect to see a fourteenth Dragon inducted into the Hall of Fame this offseason with Mike Izzy hanging up his skates and projected to be a first ballot hall of fame retiring with the most career hits in SHL history.
Of these thirteen legendary players, Esa Anrikkanen holds the records for most goals and points scored all time in an SHL career. In addition, five active or former Dragons (Esa Anrikkanen, Joe Kurczewski, Nicholas Pedersen, Randy Randleman, and Mike Izzy) are in the top twenty scorers of all time in SHL history, making up twenty five percent of these top twenty.

On the goalie side of things, Calgary Dragons great Hunter Wong is in the top five for all time goalie wins with three hundred and sixty seven, second all time in shutouts with forty six, and in the top twenty five all time for goals against average with 2.64, as well as, has the second most Challenge Cup championships all time amongst goalies with three. As you can see from all of these stats above, a bunch of the best players in SHL history have donned the red, white and black proudly representing Calgary on the all time leader boards. Finally, Esa is the first player ever in SHL history to have reached two thousand tpe with two different players which is quite the impressive feat. All of these individual accolades show that the Dragons have some of the most decorated players of all time that would be representative of what a hall of famer is all about.

Finally the Calgary Dragons also have some of the most dominant team success in terms of longevity in comparison to all other SHL teams which makes them the perfect city to put the hall of fame in the city of SHL champions. The Calgary Dragons are the most successful and consistent franchise in SHL history, winning eight Challenge Cups and making the playoffs in thirty one of the last thirty three seasons! Overall I think these stat lines speak for themselves.

Word Count: 702

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I think it would be reasonable to put the Hall of Fame in Iqaluit, Nunavut. It is home to around 7000 people and is really hard to get to. What makes this reasonable is that, while the SHL would have a hockey hall of fame, the only way to access it for most SHL users would be online tours, or just via a website which fits in the 'simulation' hockey league by making it a 'simulated' hall of fame experience. Plus, we could tap into the untouched market of Nunavut (Disclaimer; I don't know if we have any users in Iqaluit or any other cities in the territory of Nunavut, so there may already be users there)

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

The hall of fame should be in Scotland. Why Scotland? Because in all the sim leagues I’m in nothing is in my home country. We deserve something. So move the hall of fame over here. Please?

The SHL Hall of Fame should obviously be in my basement, that way I can enjoy it any time I want to. And once Mat Smith retires he can move down there, that way he can always be in the HOF even if he isn't inducted.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I would say in Toronto due to its kind of central location and impact SHL has in Canada with its user and playerbase. Canada is known for hockey and Toronto is a perect spot, also the North Stars are the best and all deserve to be in the HOF so theres that too.

Code:
50 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2020, 06:32 PM by Toast.)

hi ty

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located somewhere with SHL prominence, like a city of one of the OG teams. For that reason my vote goes to Michael Fitted's back yard.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

The SHL Hall of Fame should be located in a unique destination so fans can experience a new city when they want to view the league’s storied history. For this reason, it should be in Stockholm, Sweden.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

The SHL Hall of Fame is located in Winnipeg because Winnipeg is the most storied hockey location in this league and produced legend after legend. Easy choice for the hall.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

The SHL Hall of Fame should definitely be in Winnipeg to acknowledge the Winnipeg Jets, winners of the first-ever Challenge Cup, and a team that has been a part of the league for so long without moving or rebranding.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I think that the Simulation Hockey League Hall of Fame should be located in Hell, Michigan. It would give the town a reason to incorporate and become a true city and it would bring a lot of revenue. It would also be a friendly reminder to all HoF members of what they had to go through to achieve the notable distinction.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

The SHL Hall of Fame (and accompanying museum) should undoubtedly be hosted in the world's greatest hockey town, Edmonton. Without a doubt Edmonton would be the perfect location for such a location and thos hockey mad town would be the mecca for all things SHL.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]