Create Account

[1] Road to the S58 #1 Pick - A new way to evaluate (Need feedback!)

Battleborn  Citadelles  Outlaws  Berserkers  Whalers  Armada  Knights  Raptors  Scarecrows  Kraken  Timber  Falcons
A new way to evaluate
Road to the #1 Pick (S58 Edition)
Falcons  Timber  Kraken  Scarecrows  Raptors  Knights  Armada  Whalers  Berserkers  Outlaws  Citadelles  Battleborn

Need feedback!

I am trying another method with my Road to the #1 Pick series, as last season's articles were becoming a hassle to format the rankings, and I ended up finding that the Player Analyze 2.0 gave a far better TPE ranking than I did. So I sadly left my S57 Road to the #1 Pick series unfinished, trying to find a way to make it more accurate and unique for next season. It's when the S57 draft happened that I realized perhaps my biggest mistake from last season's articles. TPE really isn't representative of a prospect's potential. TPE is a great measure for what a player has achieved so far, but SHL GMs draft for what they hope their prospects will become. It was when I read my draft interviews with scouts that I noticed they all asked for an important factor : MONEY. It costs approximately 8m in your first season with the SMJHL to sustain the weekly training and Personal training, and 16m for every season in the SHL. Many prospects who were drafted ahead of their TPE ranking had the same advantage : More money than the next guy. So I'm trying a new formula, to estimate the value of prospects from what they've done so far in the season (TPE) and their potential (Bank account).

How does it work?

So the prospects will be graded with a super-secret patent pending NASA inspired algorithm to be put into different tiers that estimate the player's career TPE, assuming they would remain as active as they are in their junior year. Here are the tiers : 

S tier (1600+ TPE)

A tier (1300 - 1599 TPE)

B tier (1000 - 1299 TPE)

C tier (700 - 999 TPE)

D tier (500 - 699 TPE)

E tier (300 - 499 TPE)

F tier (0 - 299 TPE)

Now of course players would move up and down the tiers as the weeks go by, since this is relying on their bank account and TPE from their first season in the SMJHL. I'm still debating if I will add the grades the prospects are given, depending if this evaluation method is controversial or not. And so, here is the list :

S58 Prospects Potential Ranking
(Last updated on 19/12/20)

S tier (1600+ TPE)

Knights             #A-Rye Izzy
Falcons             Luc Blouin

A tier (1300 - 1599 TPE)

Kraken             Kit Kirkstone
Armada             Gregory Goode
Timber             Dogwood Maple
Kraken             Friedensreich Hundertwasser
Timber             Jonny Tsunami
Falcons             Kermit Murphy
Knights             Gerry Atrick
Kraken             Jean-Locke Zidane
Kraken             Finn von Murphenstein
Kraken             Ole Olson
Whalers             Zayne Rotzbua
Raptors             Basil Sivart
Knights             Danny C
Citadelles             Bjørn Jakobsen
Raptors             Noel Blanchet
Berserkers             Nike Kickz Jr

B tier (1000 - 1299 TPE)

Knights             Roboute Guilliman
Citadelles             Mew Two
Berserkers             Billy Brooks
Knights             Richard LaFleur
Kraken             Greg Davies
Kraken             Hunter Sharpe
Armada             Bean Beanman
Whalers             Nikolaj Boyle
Armada             David S. Pumpkins
Berserkers             Ric Charlesworth
Raptors             Leon Schweingruber
Falcons             Pavel Jeziak
Armada             Paul Binder
Outlaws             Max Müller
Armada             Jörg Fuchs
Timber             Puddles O'Duck

C tier (700 - 999 TPE)

Armada             Cole Carter
Whalers             Narboza Manyarms
Knights             Travis Konecny
Timber             Fredrik Stefansson
Berserkers             Shion Okamoto
Kraken             Tomas Lind
Falcons             Yan Dolff
Raptors             Ruedi Huber
Berserkers             Jesse Trudeau
Berserkers             Leon Athanasios
Whalers             Austin Smith
Knights             Christopher Ford
Citadelles             Brian Davenport
Battleborn             Vladlen Sidorov
Berserkers             Tim Allen Jr.
Kraken             Daryl Urquhart

D tier (500 - 699 TPE)

Raptors             Twenty Twenty
Berserkers             Hex Rose
Timber             Ellis McPickle
Kraken             Golden Face
Raptors             Rovolio Clocksberg Jr
Whalers             Ako Zile
Falcons             Neal Turner
Whalers             Mats LaFleur
Berserkers             Ilya Sokolov
Outlaws             Jack Lewis
Outlaws             Casey Outlaw
Falcons             Robert Ales
Kraken             Nick Grant
Timber             Don Reid

E tier (300 - 499 TPE)

Raptors             Brian Ruddy
Citadelles             Tyler Cannon

F tier (0 - 299 TPE)

PROSPECTS TO WATCH

Kraken Friedensreich Hundertwasser Kraken

A TIER
+ #1 in TPE Ranking
- Bank account a bit low
Hundertwasser climbed up the TPE rankings this week to get some exposure and steal the spotlight. His work ethic is incredible, he doesn't miss any PTs or Activity Checks, and did his Deep Dives for an easy 10 TPE boost. Despite not having the biggest wallet in the draft class, Friedensreich is constant with his Twitter deposits and he made sure to claim some of the rookie tasks early on to sustain his weekly training. The Kraken right winger will be a prospect to watch closely in the coming weeks, I can see him leading the A tier if he rakes in some cash to develop his potential, and catch the attention of the SHL GMs.

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
with #A-Rye Izzy

Huff : Hey #A-Rye! Thanks for accepting to do this interview. Izzy you are ranked #2 in TPE earned and money earned. Your immense savings show an outstanding potential and you'll be regarded as one of the highest ranked prospects in the upcoming draft. Can you tell me how you earned so much money? Is it true your it could be your father's fortune, as the legends say?

#A-Rye : Hi Huff! It’s a pleasure to be verbally conversing with you via the virtual data packet. My dad is an opportunist. While playing for Kelowna he struck a deal to sell #Brand-Izzy merchandise at his local dollar-store+ in Whitby Ontario.. in fact the Mike Izzy pantry treats on isle 6 were the stores best selling item! From there he built an SHL empire which includes dragons.tv, the Izzy children’s book club and a host of other quasi suspicious endeavours which the people demand. My dad retired in S55 where his net worth hovered over the 110 million dollar mark... that fortune was passed down to me where I have actually increased it by 20 million marketing things that #i believe in.. like my store for people who want nude tattoo washes.. potentially huge idea.. I also sell Squirrel treats made out of naturally seasoned bark. And of course I’m deeply into my foundation named “#A-Ryce Cake for almost everyone”  where our goal is to give a rice cake to every other person in the world!.. my part in ending world hunger.

Huff : I see you are actively growing your bank account every week, and what's impressive is the diversity of tasks you claim. Is there a type of task you prefer or find easier to do?

#A-Rye : I’ve been fortunate in that the SHL and it’s attributes are taylor made for the Izzy’s... I love writing, I love making videos and I’m addicted to the league which has me involved in every opportunity to make that ca$h money. It’s always been very easy for me to accumulate wealth.. Actually my dad had a few seasons where he made 50 million in a year! Of course pops spends as prosperous as he earns. #The-Augment

Keep following #A-Rye this season, as he's one of the two S Tier players who will enter the S58 draft in the upcoming weeks. Players ranked in this tier, the highest to estimate a prospect's potential, are seen as potential generational talents. S Tier players like #A-Rye are expected to have strong consistency in training as well as already having the resources to develop his potential, resulting in an easy choice when it comes to the draft for SHL GMs, having the opportunity to pick a prospect with low risk, high reward.

CLOSING STATEMENT
Thanks for reading, I'd like to remind you I'd appreciate it a lot if you leave your feedback, or PM me if you don't want to leave your feedback publicly. This edition was of course a bit thinner than when I did it with S57, but next editions will be filled with more details and visuals, as well as more prospect analysis. I know we're halfway with the season, but assuming this is working I think I can still cover the prospects battling it out for the first place and keep it entertaining closer to the draft.

...that being said

GO KNIGHTS  Knights 

[Image: Ympmk6b.png]
[Image: KXQzCef.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png][Image: yIvjn4j.png][Image: iB9r7kM.png]
Huge thanks to @Carpy48 and @sulovilen for the signature!

Great job on this!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Only feedback i got my mans is to keep on keeping on! This is one hell of a great article and I look forward to seeing more of these throughout the seasons!! Awesome!

[Image: Off.gif]

Love it! Good article Smile

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Sick read as always! Go Knoots!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Knights
#Killowna

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Damn good article!

Knights

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 08:28 PM by overdoo.)

Great read! I think my only suggestion could be to be a little more generous on the S tier, I think in a draft like this there are a few users that will make 1600+! 

Plus, it’s potential, not predictions. But, that’s not too much of an issue if we’re real. I look forward to the next article!

(Also, I think you’ve confused a few players and their teams, so maybe take a look at that.)

Knights Knights

If I don't get over 1k tpe, the team that drafts me has my permission to have me murdered

Great article! Knights

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 03:37 AM by Asked Madden.)

Hey look, it's me! Great article and thanks for the kind words. Got to represent my scarecrows though Scarecrows

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac