Create Account

S57 mPT #4 - say something nice about someone
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 11:00 AM by notoriousTRON.)

@Geekusoid is my guy. I'm not just saying this because he picked me for the mPT. Geek is probably the biggest reason I'm still on the site after a full calendar year. Our S52 championship run in Anaheim is still the most fun I've had in my SHL journey and Geek was one of the biggest reasons that the ANA LR a blast to hang out in. Like he said, we bond over Dad stuff, the Blues, and helping each other out with analysis and broadcasting. He's a great guy and I'm looking forward to meeting up with him once this COVID crap is behind us. Also thanks for helping add some production value to my podcasting.

@Capt_Blitzkrieg is one of the nicest guys on the site. He was the main organizer of the class 52 podcast that just became a discord hang out but still has some awesome people. When ML said we had a chance to get Blitz in TOR I told him we wouldn't regret it and Blitz proves me right every day with this locker room presence.

@honkerrs thanks for bullying me less lately. I expect it to pick back up after the new year. But seriously, Honks is a great LR presence too and we worked together on some Tableau dashboards early in his time on the site. He's a good dude who is super active on the site and I'm happy we brought him to TOR.

@UrsinZ I've said over and over again that this dude is probably the nicest guy on the site. If anyone has had the pleasure of meeting him, Urs is a genuinely good dude and a fantastic LR presence. I'm pretty sure he talked me up to ML when we shared a LR in ANA so he's a main reason that I'm in Toronto today.

@ml002 thanks for drafting me into a great situation and for being patient with the Toronto rebuild even though I was trying to get you to make a run last year and the year before lol. Thanks for being easy to deal with in contract negotiations and for making a bad player so the rest of our team can look good by comparison.

@Carpy48 makes fantastic sigs and it great to interact with in the locker room and on Twitter. His build should easily be a hall of famer, but he's been stuck on a Toronto team that has been buried at the bottom of the league and is thus the most underrated goalie in the league. Props to Carpy for sticking it out in Toronto through the tough times rather than seeking a trade or free agency. I desperately want to win a cup for you.

@Donini13 thanks for drafting me to Anaheim, naming me captain, and bringing me into the inner circle of the team. As I said above, that cup that we won in S52 was the best time I've had on the site to this point. You and Gibbles did a great job assembling that team.

To the rest of the Toronto LR: I'm not going to tag you all here but you know who you are. You guys are all awesome people and I'm happy to know you. Thanks for believing in what we're building in Toronto and for sticking it out through the rebuilding years. Let's go win a cup in the next few years!

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 11:10 AM by Jogurtaa.)

I would like to say thanks to everyone for keeping this community alive and improving it day by day. Even if the day has been rough or the past few months have been rough, there will always be someone who you can relate to and talk to in this forum, dosn't matter if he/she is from your or a different team. Lets continue to be an inclusive community that celebrates each other not drags them down.
Cheers, everyone! I hope everyone will have a really pleasent and nice Christmas. <3

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

I would like to say thank you to...

... @Gifter of Bikes for bringing me to this place and introducing me to a whole new world of gaming and experiencing sports.

... @Wasty for all your dedication over the years both to LAP but also to the league as a whole and for being my oldest buddy here who is still around :D.

... @W19eaver @Citizen of Adraa @artermis @Pythonic for our EU4 sessions over these last few weeks, those were a blast and I've absolutely loved them!

... and lastly to everyone who has helped and is still helping to keep this place running, especially the people in the thankless jobs around the Head Offices who have to deal with so much day-to-day business that most of us never get to see. Thank you!

@Fitted2106 is a god damn champion. He doesn't let anyone tell him what to do or how to speak or how to be. He is the true embodiment of pittsburgh, for better or worse. He has also torn away the veil of the state, preaching anti-neoliberalism and pro-labor messages. Fitted knows to fuck the police and guillotine the rich (so we can eat them)

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 11:28 AM by Mediocre_Fred.)

@notorioustig you're a cool dude and I'm glad you picked me up for Seattle after my glorious return to the site.
@Rangerjase is a great guy and a very cool person.
@roastpuff your general knowledge on things is seemingly infinite.
@leviadan I love your youtube channel and watching you play games.
@"Awesomecakes" I like watching you play games, but not as much as @leviadan
And to @TheSparkyDee, @Mr. Finland, @eagle_brand, @Aephino, @reid, @Mutedfaith, @feeler, and all the other Falcons I've played with or known, SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

I'd like to thank the following people:

@JR95 for all the years of fun in WKP/BAP. We've gone through many highs and many lows together and is someone I genuinely consider a friend.

@InciteHysteria / @DELIRIVM Honestly someone I genuinely enjoy talking to on a regular basis about everything. S31 buddies for life.

@CementHands & @Rabidsponge21 WoW buddies. Long time friends. Thanks for all the fun in-game and on the site.

@mastersheep For all the SHL Fantasy help and being such a good helpful guy to everyone in the locker room.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

mannnn this shoulda really been a regular PT.

There's a lot of people I can say nice things about in this league so  I am sorry if you don't come up in this, there's just too many of you.

@Zoone16 when I talk about some of my closest friends, it's hard not to mention zoone in the same breath. He's been such a major part of both my sim and real life since I've been on the platoon and I couldn't thank him more for being the upstanding, honest and genuine person he has been.

@Citizen of Adraa Thanks for putting up with my nonsense just about every single day. We don't live anywhere near each other but much like zoone you've been more than just an online presence and I truly hope we can maintain this friendship even when the SHL becomes a thing of the past for us, if that ever happens.

@mastersheep @Jumbobone19 @DELIRIVM @MN_Moosey @Bongo @GeckoeyGecko @Cobbenstein @suavemente @Glyc @Your Mothers Favorite Goalie @CementHands @Thelastheraclid @Loganjj21 @trashae @Wasty @Kraagenskul @Andy @Snuffalupagus @Serpe x 13

I don't even know where to start with my BAP squad.. You guys have been nothing short of amazing. Every single day I find myself thankful for being surrounded by such a great group of people. I know it hasn't been the easiest of times lately and I can't thank you guys enough for sticking it out through thick and thin. Your dedication and perseverance is the reason we will pull through these difficult seasons and come out stronger than ever. I know I don't say it a lot, but you guys mean the world to me, seriously.

12-22-2020, 08:22 AMNokazoa Wrote: There are a lot of people I can appreciate.

@Briedaqueduc Thank you for being one of my best friends on the site. You are always there to listen to me bitch about various things, and I am thrilled you are with me in Canada. Lets win a few more gold for ol' Simo LeBlanc

@"luketd"@aaronwilson Thank you two for taking me in VAN when I first created. Without that almost immediate support, I definitely would have gone inactive and wait that may have been a good thing. Maybe I should not be thanking you. This site takes a lot of my time. 

@Jearim Man its such a pleasure being a co-GM with you in Nevada and I am very happy you reached out to me about GMing with you.

@LairdButler Thanks for relieving me for lunch twice a week. HA see you later today. 

@Gwdjohnson Why the fuck did you get me into management? Why am I doing this to myself? Fucking hell. Anyway, you are such a nice approachable guy who I am sure is getting a lot of pings this mPT, but I just wanted to reiterate that you are a cheater and Simon Tremblay will be avenged. Also nice tongue.

@Keygan@"TommySalami" Thanks for drafting me and making the LR such a nice chill place. Also, your management has only ever been called into question once in recent memory which I think is pretty solid. I mean I got a TD before preseason so there is that. 

There are a lot of people to thank or appreciate in this league so I'll just ping a bunch right here. Just people who make the league better by engaging with it. @Ferda@Kalakar@Mazatt@GeckoeyGecko@DrunkenTeddy @nour

You all do various things for the league or for me and I just wanted you all to know it wasn't going unnoticed, except Nour. No one knows what Nour does. He just hits me up whenever I am FA and I appreciate that.
<3

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Hey @notorioustig you are very cool man and also good GM. I'm glad to be a part of your team and I think we will win a cup together in future.

This is tough. Like, who do i write about? you already know ily all. But @Gwdjohnson puts up with a colossal amount of shit, much of which comes from me, and take it in stride. Its honestly amazing how he hasnt fucking snapped yet - to the contrary, hes a really good dude, and is the best ahri in NA.

im just gonna start pinging people now
@nykonax i guess sometimes u arent awful
@nour sometimes ur blitzcrank isnt dogshit
@JumpierPegasus the renaissance of jaypee is shocking
@HanTheMan_ i got some of ur voltron stickers for my sister for christmas she gon love em theyre good
@Carpy48 mans dedicated what can i say its amazing hes done so much for gfx
@Nokazoa makes better sigs than i do and i dont like it
@sulovilen is consistently underappreciated, I've been watching him make sigs from when he entered the league until now, and his growth has been phenomenal give him his credit
@adamantium
@mastersheep did my update when @Gwdjohnson wouldnt hes better
@Esso2264 r u even active bro ily tho
@jeffie43 we gotta play gta again sometime its easier to flame u
@O4L hey guys its me ofer
@Kylrad me playing adc is ur fault, u did this
@Hallsy i do not know how u play game after game of fucking malphite and dont get bored like im actually in awe
@Your Mothers Favorite Goalie i cant get rid of this mans i love him
@ImShiny e

kk im missing a bunch of people i could single out and ping but im bad at this and kinda gotta work i might update this post later but lets be honest probably wont

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

I want to thank @dmills3 and @boom for drafting me and answering all my old man newbie questions, building up a great team to lead us to a Cup!  Also a shout out to @Dextaria for taking over as GM and working with me to help build out my character.

A shout out to @grok for answering a ton of questions for me early on as well. Good luck on the Armada!

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

@overdoo is a guy I have had really pleasant conversations with ever since I first joined just a season and a half ago. He scouted my leading up to my J draft and after not getting me thanks to @JNH (another great guy on the site) snagging me, he circled back to scout me for the SHL draft as well and both conversations were up there with my best on the site. He even reached out to congratulate me after being drafted by a different SHL team. Class act.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020, 01:21 PM by EricNCSU.)

I want to shout out @puolivalmiste and @RedCapeDiver for the work they have done in the Texas locker room keeping people engaged and excited, cheering on teammates etc.  As the team has improved the locker room has gotten more and more fun and team oriented.  Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't also shout out @dankoa who built this current roster.  This is his team and he put in the hard work to slog through bad years and build a formidable roster that could compete with the best.  Puoli and RCD are building on his legacy and his foundation and turning the Renegades into a team to be feared in the SHL. 

Also, huge toasts to @AgentSmith630 and @Kalakar for doing kick ass sims! That's hard work and very time consuming. You literally keep the SHL/SMJHL going!

[Image: hudson.png]

I want to say that I've been so lucky to be in three great locker rooms on this site, and that I am so thankful to have had this experience.

Detroit - what more can I say? You guys are awesome, and the good times just keep rolling. I can't believe I'm so close to a group of people on the internet. @notorioustig thank you for picking me. 

Winnipeg - what a turnaround we've had. The future is bright, and I can't wait to show people our new identity with the prospects we're building up. @Muerto thank you for believing in me. 

Sweden - we may not have the gold but we have the best damn LR in IIHF. Even if we argue about spaghetti and ketchup all the time. @StamkosFan one day, that gold medal will be ours.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

12-22-2020, 01:19 PMTheBigSandeenie Wrote: @overdoo is a guy I have had really pleasant conversations with ever since I first joined just a season and a half ago. He scouted my leading up to my J draft and after not getting me thanks to @JNH (another great guy on the site) snagging me, he circled back to scout me for the SHL draft as well and both conversations were up there with my best on the site. He even reached out to congratulate me after being drafted by a different SHL team. Class act.
<3