Create Account

S57 SMJHL Rookie Tasks Claim Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:52 AM by reid.)

Task 1 Update page

Task 2 Claim an activity 

Task 3 Week of training 

Task 4 PT

Task 7 Watch a game on youtube;

Although I have seen a few games the one I would like to write about is todays Berserkers vs Kraken game (December 10th). After a good first 3 games to the year our team has seemed to come into a bit of a slump not picking up many points and our confidence has dipped quiet a bit over that. Today we played the Krakens for our final game and after 2 quick goals in the first were having very high hopes to pick up a W along with 2 very important points. the second period was a little bit closer of a game but we ended up getting 2 goals with my second of the year being one of them. The 3rd period is where we just put everything on net and had over 30 shots on goal and I feel we really came together as a team and got a ton of confidence back to go into our next couple games with and hopefully pick up even more 2 point games.

Task 8 I have completed it.

GRADED! +6M @Out of Toast. I was able to find in your post history links for Task 8 and Task 2 (an activity check, not a PT). Make sure to create a separate claim post when finishing the tasks Smile

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:54 AM by reid.)

Previously unclaimed tasks:

Task 4: Complete a PT
S57 PT#1 claimed

Task 6: Write a Deep Dive
Deep Dive I wrote

Completed all tasks now (Previous Claim), bonus pls?

GRADED! +3M @r0tzbua, congrats on getting all of the rookie tasks done!

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:57 AM by reid.)

Deep Dive

Aannnd done! Money money money mooooney!

GRADED!! +2M @Asked Madden, congrats on finishing the rookie tasks! Dolla Dolla Billz yall

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:58 AM by reid.)

Deep Dive

Previous tasks

GRADED! +1M @Urq660

[Image: A3AlstA.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 02:59 AM by reid.)

4) Complete a PT
6) Deep Dive

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 8 complete here. These should be my last 2!

GRADED! +3M @Z-Whiz, congrats on finishing the tasks!

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 03:02 AM by reid.)

1. Create an update page
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training
4. Complete a PT

GRADED! +4M @CaptainAmericanBurger1775! Please remember to make an additional claim post when claiming the other 4 tasks!

“Only Dunlop has seen more rubber than I have”

-Dominik Hasek
(This post was last modified: 12-24-2020, 03:04 AM by reid.)

#1 Task - update page

#2 Task - Activity check

#3 Task - training

#4 Task - PT claim thread

#7 Task - I watched SMJHL stream on youtube
The game took place between Vancouver Whalers and Kelowna Knights. In the first period, within 5 minutes, the Knights took the lead with 1:0. 1st period ended with this result. After the first period, the Knights team attacked more and they had a convincing lead in terms of throws (15 against 7). The 2nd period started well for the Whalers team, as they started to throw more, but again in the 5th minute the Knights team scored and now the result was 2:0. Whalers continued to throw more and they was scored goal, but it didn't take long and the opponents scored another goal, so in the 10th minute the result was already 3:1. In the 2nd period, the Whalers team came to life, attacked more and was not afraid of anything. After the second period, the Whalers team was already in the lead and the result was 3:4, as well as the ratio of throws in favor of the Whalers team (21 against 22). Period 3 was dramatic for Knights as they were no longer able to score. The Knights team threw a lot into the goal, but without a result. However, the Whalers team continued to throw in the goal and was also able to score, even a lot of goals. The game ended 3:8 and the ratio of throws was 32 to 37 in favor of the Whalers team.

#8 Task - rookie survey

GRADED! +6M @advenny4. Please remember to create another claim post when claiming the other tasks!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 02:42 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Task 6 - Write A Deep Dive

Tasks Already Completed

Task 1
Task 2
Task 3
Task 4
Task 7
Task 8

GRADED! +1Mil for completing task 6 @ImYolo, nice job! -ACC

[Image: N6S9i5r.png]
Thank you to @Carpy48 and @rum_ham for the signatures!
<!> Update Page <!> Player Page <!>
Scarecrows Barracuda Latvia   Latvia Barracuda Scarecrows 
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 02:50 PM by SewingWithNancy.)

4. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2949409

6. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2966432

Graded! + 2 Million for completing tasks 4 and 6 @Hazack - Good work - SewingWithNancy

[Image: 63526_s.gif]
[Image: pxjucze.png]          [Image: I3BTEQc.png] [Image: wW0VNnL.png]         [Image: vjZu62e.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 07:25 PM by leafs1997.)

OG Post

6. Deep Dive

7. I watched Game 3 of the Newfoundland/Maine playoff game today. The Berserkers went into the game with a 2-0 lead in the series and looking to make short work of the Maine team. The game started out strong in the first period with Bas O'Bigbers scoring a goal only 3:43 seconds into the game. The Berserkers played like lightning and wanted to finish things out quickly and efficiently. Shortly after, Jesse Trudeau and a teammate were moving down the ice towards the goal. Jesse got the slot and pumped one in for the second Newfoundland goal of the game. The game was now 2-0 with 50 minutes left to play. The period continued quietly until only 44 seconds were left and the Maine Timber proceeded to shoot one in the goal. That would be the beginning of the end for Newfoundland as the Timber proceeded to score 3 more goals in the second period making it a 4-2 game. In the 3rd, the Berserkers did manage to put one more through at the last second, but it was too little too late and the Timber took the win for themselves.

Graded! @supertardis101 +3 Million for completing Tasks 6 & 7 & the Bonus! Great work on completing all the Rookie Tasks! - leafs1997

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2021, 07:28 PM by leafs1997.)

Link to first post Here

5. Graphic

6. Deep Dive

Should have all tasks done with these final two.

Graded! @Out of Toast +3 Million for completing Task 5 & 6 + the Bonus! Great job on completing all the Rookie Tasks! -leafs1997

[Image: kEAy80k.md.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 03:41 PM by SewingWithNancy.)

1. Create an Update Page

2. Claim an activity check

3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)

4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)

5. Create a graphic - I do not know how to draw or colour.

6. Write a Deep Dive

7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube

I took some time away from my research to observe Hockey Talk Tonight with a special appearance by Grok. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/865164049 It was very interesting to see the different ideas that humans have on the topic of ice hockey.  In particular I was very pleased with the in depth discussion that was had regarding the creation of a genetically superior super player that would be a combination of any players currently in the league.  They gave me several good ideas that I will be incorporating into my own research and I look forward to slowly and carefully extracting the pieces that I need.  One day I will perhaps attempt to do my own podcast or show, though it can sometimes be difficult for humans to understand what I am saying.  I was inspired by this podcast and look forward to watch more of them. Well done to everyone involved!

8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit) - I have completed this.

I should have earned 7 million human coins for this.  Thank you humans.

GRADED! @nyumbayangu +7 Million for completing tasks 1,2,3,4,6,7&8. Fantastic job completing all of these! - SewingWithNancy
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2021, 09:51 AM by leafs1997.)

6- Write a deep dive https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2964698

GRADED! @cahtah haht +2 Million for completing Task 6 + Bonus. Great job completing all the Rookie Tasks! - leafs1997

[Image: pub?w=620&h=349]
[Image: pub?w=1816&h=100]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2021, 08:57 AM by leafs1997.)

4. My PT

GRADED! @Canadice +1 Million for completing Task 4. Just Task 6 left now! - leafs1997
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 08:12 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

Last post for Tasks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8

4. Complete a PT: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2966093
6. Write a Deep Dive: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=112802

Congrats on slipping in under the wire, you're all done! +3 mil for 2 tasks and the completion bonus! -ACC

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]