Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

01-21-2021, 01:28 PMreid Wrote:
01-21-2021, 01:26 PMTommySalami Wrote: We should have full integration with Raid Shadow Legends by then
Sponsored by Squarespace! Click HERE for your free trial!

squarespace will never let you down. say goodbye to your old shitty website and create new one today

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

01-20-2021, 11:15 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Jesus Christ people. If you’re not in fucking lockstep agreement with everything on here then apparently it’s just open season for ridicule. You’re all so fair and open minded and inclusive and accepting and oh so very cool. Memes are apparently what passes for original thought. Have fun circle jerking each other over what a swell job you’re all doing. It’s been five fucking seasons now I’ve been hearing about this new index that’s being worked on. But I’m sure glad I can buy a fucking t-shirt.

I have had it with the fucking sanctimonious dickwads this site seems to breed now. Fuck you. Take the fucking league and shove it straight up your holier than thou collective ass.

You can all take turns blowing me.
who are you

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

.......I just wanna podcast, man, don't hit me for being a podcast virgin

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

01-21-2021, 09:27 AMbbp Wrote: @Slappydoodle  I'm with you. All these self righteous morons are too insecure to face the fact that the index should be the PRIMARY concern of this site as it is the main vehicle for EVERYONE to enjoy it. Tons of sim leagues have made faster and better progress with indexes.

It is a just comment and everyone being a dick to Slappy should get their heads out of their ass and face the facts. The index is ass.
where you come from

Can we get grubhub built in to the site so I never have to leave

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

When did we get a/become a Union

01-21-2021, 02:21 PMRuggsy Wrote: Can we get grubhub built in to the site so I never have to leave
Sure, and we bring esilvern with us, dude deserves some cash. Calgary seems to have the money fo it via their podcasts.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

01-21-2021, 09:39 AMztevans Wrote: Do I think Slappy expressed his frustrations in the right way? Not even a little bit.  I think @Avakael summed that up nicely enough, so I won't rehash it.

Is it a laughable, worthy of ridicule point that he thinks the index should be a priority? Not at all. I disagree that we should have waited for a proper index to make the jump to FHM, but I do think progress on that front should definitely be a part of any future "State of the SHL" posts. 

Perhaps the most salient point he made is there do be quite a few people who love to preach tolerance and also love to dunk on people, which sucks.  JUST GET ALONG WITH EACH OTHER YOU NIMWITS.
I think this sums it up perfectly. Slappy is out of pocket for lashing out like that, but for some reason every other person on this site sees someone lashing out and doesn't think "maybe Slappy's going through something," and instead goes ahead and throws their joke onto the 20+ other peoples already calling him out. It's a tired excuse that people bring it on themselves when the same people saying it are the ones who feel like their contributions with dogpiling are necessary to... fixing the site? Nour and Luke summed up all necessary points succintly, but the entire reason there is a thread this long is because of the people who feel they just need to be heard via shit talking someone with some weird, unfounded moral high ground.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

01-21-2021, 02:24 PMProjectSaint Wrote:
01-21-2021, 02:21 PMRuggsy Wrote: Can we get grubhub built in to the site so I never have to leave
Sure, and we bring esilvern with us, dude deserves some cash. Calgary seems to have the money fo it via their podcasts.
Slappy has us covered with his 600 hours of podcasts

Man all I have to say is if you want the index done faster then be my guest to go to school for 4 years with all the debt that comes with, learn how to write react and typescript, then devote all of your time to working on the index instead of your jobs/internships.

That and

01-21-2021, 12:30 PMKlusteR Wrote: 7. @caltroit_red_flames wants to give us all diabetes with his damn recipe

@efiug wrote that recipe I just old the story of how it came to be

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

01-21-2021, 01:44 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote:
01-21-2021, 01:39 PMtrella Wrote: There’s a difference between tolerating beliefs or who people are, respecting their humanity, which is the tolerance we preach. Dunking on some dude for being a dick and shitting on people working very hard for free is in a whole different realm. Its not the same

Call someone out for his choice of words? Sure. Compeletely derail a thread, that up until this point was full of valuable discussion about stuff like milestones or the update scale, with three pages of shitty memes, snide comments and "ok boomer" posts? Not really. "Dunking on people" as you call it to make yourself look cool and progressive is not a virtue, if anything it slows down progress more than it adds to it.

Really the biggest point I was making. Disagree with him, fine. Even a certain amount of snideness in response would have been merited although there is a case to be made for turning the other cheek or being the better person. Three pages of memes went beyond all of that.

Do you think people will become more understanding of the struggle facing the people building the new index by going full send into "Look at this stupid old idiot getting angry because he doesn't have an index! The future is now old man! Let's point and laugh at him for the next six hours!"? No, that's absurd. Explain your stance, outline the issues, move on.

If that isn't good enough for him and he still wants to be a jerk? Then maybe he gets what he deserves. Laughing But the first reaction shouldn't be to ridicule. That's all I'm saying.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-21-2021, 01:59 PMtrella Wrote:
01-21-2021, 01:51 PMDuff101 Wrote: Qanon predicted this, now satanic murderous HO will be finally revealed and destroyed
THIS is Sleepy Joe’s COMMUNIST AMERICA

if only :(

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

01-21-2021, 01:39 PMtrella Wrote: There’s a difference between tolerating beliefs or who people are, respecting their humanity, which is the tolerance we preach. Dunking on some dude for being a dick and shitting on people working very hard for free is in a whole different realm. Its not the same

Sure, it's not the same. It's also completely unnecessary.

Think about it like, well, any job where you are "customer-facing," ... maybe it's retail, maybe it's being a waiter or waitress, maybe it's working on customer service at a call center ... whatever. The specifics can be muddy with this analogy.

Work any of these jobs for any amount of time, you're going to run into an unruly customer. It sucks! Especially since, most of the time, they're taking out frustration on you for something you have no control over! I didn't set the milk prices in this grocery store! I'm just passing the gallon jug over the scanner thingy and it spits out a number. What do you want from me, man?

However, if the customer gets mad at you and completely acts like a POS, that doesn't give you justification to start sounding alarms on your phone and shouting at the top of your lungs. "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY? HE WANTS A DISCOUNT ON THE MILK! IMAGINE WHAT THE DAIRY FARMERS WOULD THINK IF THEY EVER SAW THIS GUY! GET OUTTA HERE, BOOMER! GO BUY YOUR MILK AT WAL-MART AND SEE IF YOU CAN GET YOUR DISCOUNT THERE, LOSER!"

See the issue?

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Give goalies who aren't main-stay starters on their SHL teams the ability to change their build to a forward or a defenseman if they choose to. Choose a date to give them a deadline on deciding. If they miss the deadline to decide, then tough fucking luck they're still a goalie.

Example: Obviously @Evok is Buffalo's starter from now until forever. Obviously I'll be the back up to play 10 games a season when I hit my SMJHL season limit. This will not be fun for me. I'd rather switch to a forward and at least contribute in some sort of meaningful manner.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

01-21-2021, 02:45 PMztevans Wrote:

Sure, it's not the same.  It's also completely unnecessary.

Think about it like, well, any job where you are "customer-facing," ... maybe it's retail, maybe it's being a waiter or waitress, maybe it's working on customer service at a call center ... whatever.  The specifics can be muddy with this analogy.

Work any of these jobs for any amount of time, you're going to run into an unruly customer.  It sucks!  Especially since, most of the time, they're taking out frustration on you for something you have no control over!  I didn't set the milk prices in this grocery store!  I'm just passing the gallon jug over the scanner thingy and it spits out a number.  What do you want from me, man?

However, if the customer gets mad at you and completely acts like a POS, that doesn't give you justification to start sounding alarms on your phone and shouting at the top of your lungs.  "CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?  HE WANTS A DISCOUNT ON THE MILK!  IMAGINE WHAT THE DAIRY FARMERS WOULD THINK IF THEY EVER SAW THIS GUY!  GET OUTTA HERE, BOOMER!  GO BUY YOUR MILK AT WAL-MART AND SEE IF YOU CAN GET YOUR DISCOUNT THERE, LOSER!"

See the issue?

Wait, I thought SHL wasn't a job... I've been lied to.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]