Create Account

Ragnar Punishment

02-02-2021, 06:27 AMMayuu Wrote: Hey here's how you solve this

If a user is being annoying, block them and do not engage with them.
    - Attempts to circumvent a block or instigate drama with blocked users is considered harassment and will result in a suspension.
        - Your first step is always to block any offending users before going to mods.

/thread

this is too smart for SHL
go back to your dungeon

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 12:44 PM by TnlAstatine.)

02-02-2021, 11:38 AMKachur Wrote:
02-02-2021, 11:32 AMfishy Wrote: Sooooo proof of warnings when

Considering the situation doesn't effect you or about you, it really is none of you business. Just Saying

this infinite page argument where everyone is circle jerking about discord reacts has made it everyones business lol

bro learn how to block somebody.

02-02-2021, 12:43 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
02-02-2021, 11:38 AMKachur Wrote: Considering the situation doesn't effect you or about you, it really is none of you business. Just Saying

this infinite page argument where everyone is circle jerking about discord reacts has made it everyones business lol

I was unaware Tyler, The Creator was on SHL. This is exciting news.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

02-02-2021, 12:50 PMztevans Wrote:
02-02-2021, 12:43 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: this infinite page argument where everyone is circle jerking about discord reacts has made it everyones business lol

I was unaware Tyler, The Creator was on SHL.  This is exciting news.

discord react = cyber bullying?

02-02-2021, 12:55 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
02-02-2021, 12:50 PMztevans Wrote: I was unaware Tyler, The Creator was on SHL.  This is exciting news.

discord react = cyber bullying?

Moreso the dismissive "just block him bro" as if it is our responsibility to just ignore people who are assholes, regardless of what vehicle they use for their assholery.

01-21-2021, 03:15 PMztevans Wrote: I feel like I'm setting a reallllllllly low bar at "Just don't be an asshole."

Nikolai Evans

02-02-2021, 01:15 PMztevans Wrote:
02-02-2021, 12:55 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: discord react = cyber bullying?

Moreso the dismissive "just block him bro" as if it is our responsibility to just ignore people who are assholes, regardless of what vehicle they use for their assholery.

01-21-2021, 03:15 PMztevans Wrote: I feel like I'm setting a reallllllllly low bar at "Just don't be an asshole."
Right, like should we just stop suspending people for forum conduct altogether and tell people to block them on here too? No thanks

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

02-02-2021, 01:15 PMztevans Wrote:
02-02-2021, 12:55 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: discord react = cyber bullying?

If you block somebody on discord they can't react to your things. I think there is a difference between being annoying and harassing somebody and being an asshole.

How about we don't put the onus on people who are being harassed to prevent the harassment themselves? maybe we could instead have the outrageous expectation that people not harass others in the first place.

as someone who has been told "don't dress in ways that invite harassment" I gotta say that reeeeeally rubs me the wrong way.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

02-02-2021, 01:20 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
02-02-2021, 01:15 PMztevans Wrote: Moreso the dismissive "just block him bro" as if it is our responsibility to just ignore people who are assholes, regardless of what vehicle they use for their assholery.

If you block somebody on discord they can't react to your things. I think there is a difference between being annoying and harassing somebody and being an asshole.

They actually sound incredibly similar. Reminds me of a Venn diagram, actually, where there are many forms of being an asshole, and like part of the "being annoying" circle would overlap with "being an asshole" and the "harassing somebody" circle would fit entirely inside it.

Not to be grumpy old SHL man, but we've come too damn far as a community from the Wild West of the mid 2010s to turn back now and tell people, "Hey, just don't let that person hurt you and everything will be okay."

Nikolai Evans

Bros this is good discussion but the harassment in question is a fucking dabbing gnome discord react. Like the weight of this whole thing is being made far far worse than the actual offense

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

02-02-2021, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bros this is good discussion but the harassment in question is a fucking dabbing gnome discord react. Like the weight of this whole thing is being made far far worse than the actual offense

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

02-02-2021, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bros this is good discussion but the harassment in question is a fucking dabbing gnome discord react. Like the weight of this whole thing is being made far far worse than the actual offense

the dabbing is not the point. It doesn't matter if you're following somebody around reacting with a dab or a pizza or a duck or if you're just saying "hi" to them repeatedly over and over again, they have expressed that they don't like it and would prefer you did not engage with them in that way and you continue to badger them. I feel like everyone here is so hung up on the friggin gnome when the actual emote is completely secondary to the intent behind the thing.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

There is a time and place for arguing the arguments like this. And they are all right and have merit, I agree with everything said about harassment here.

but it's a discord react gnome dab. ????????? Fight the good fight when it's called for.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 01:31 PM by leviadan.)

02-02-2021, 01:30 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:

the dabbing is not the point. It doesn't matter if you're following somebody around reacting with a dab or a pizza or a duck or if you're just saying "hi" to them repeatedly over and over again, they have expressed that they don't like it and would prefer you did not engage with them in that way and you continue to badger them. I feel like everyone here is so hung up on the friggin gnome when the actual emote is completely secondary to the intent behind the thing.

Yeahthat

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=665ea534&is=665d53b4&hm=80...8cd6be61d&]

02-02-2021, 01:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bros this is a good discussion but the harassment in question is a fucking dabbing gnome discord reaction. Like the weight of this whole thing is being made far worse than the actual offense

So right. So stop making it about the Emoji and read and Listen.