Create Account

S58 PT #1 Empty Arenas

The lack of fans in the rink truly does not mean much to James. Having grown up in Uganda with no fans of the sport at all, he is not used to big crowds cheering him on. He finds it difficult to focus when the roaring of the crowd is in his ears all day and it frequently drives him to mental errors. Nothing major like a slip of the puck or mishandling a shot, but a slight miscalculation in positioning or a a slight misread of a defender's trajectory. Now, it is also strange playing in a completely empty arena with hardly any background noise, but it is much easier to concentrate in the lack of noise than it is to concentrate in the presence of noise. He doesn't make as many mistakes in the quiet. James also is excellent at getting into the zone during the game. He will make an impossible play controlling the puck, and time will speed up. He'll enter the twilight zone, almost, and quite simply make plays without even thinking, only coming out of the zone at a whistle or a goal. It's kind of creepy for those that aren't aware of that already.

Code:
201 words

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

The sport is certainly missing a special element to it with the fans missing, but it is swell to be back on the ice and playing meaningful hockey again. Prior to the game the preparation is pretty much the same. We got our captain and locker room DJ pumping the group up with some bangers. The return of old Tor Tuck has added a bit of a wrinkle as he always complains we don't listen to enough of the old greats, but if you turn it up a bit it'll drown him out. On the ice is hugely different, especially on "home" games. The bench is relied upon heavily to get the guys going and raise morale when motivation is at a low. Clapping the boards between whistles, synchronized cheers, maybe even the odd chant. We've tried it all to some measure of success, but it'll never quite replace the roar of the crowd. Hopefully things can return to some sense of normality in the future once COVID isn't as big of a threat.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

The COVID Situation is a tough one for everyone and in reality having no fans in the building is probably a good thing, and the fact the "energy" isn't in the building is not the end of the world. The Toronto North Stars keep everyone in their thoughts so the energy never dies even if theres no fans. The Toronto North Star start by blasting music in the locker room. Each guy has a song on the playlist which ranges from hiphop, rap, rock and pop you name it is probably on there. The Toronto North Stars basically prepare as they normally would if there was a crowd present. The crowd does not make the Toronto North Stars go. The Toronto North Stars make the Toronto North Stars go. From the walk out of the tunnel, to the fist bumps, to the yelling and head butts. All of that is the same. When the fans return eventually, it will just be a bonus for the Toronto North Stars who look to finally make an impact on the Simulation Hockey League for the first time in awhile.

Code:
187 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Playing without fans after turning pro is a strange experience. You go most of your life with mostly parents in the stands, and they don't always make for the noisiest atmosphere. Then you hit a certain level and suddenly the idea of a quiet stadium is strange. The quiet because synonymous with a practice or a walkthrough, something half speed and to be taken relatively easily. Trying to get in the right headspace without the crowd is a difficult task. For the Vancouver Whalers, there's a few things that folks do to get themselves hyped up for the game. There's usually a TV in the corner that plays a super-cut of inspiring speeches from movies to get everyone going. The Mel Gibson speech from Braveheart is a personal favorite. Other folks on the team with tap sticks together a bit, just to shake things up, get loose, and into the right frame of mind. It isn't easy, but if you're going to succeed in this league its what you have to do.

Quote:Word count: 172

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

The Winnipeg Aurora understand that due to the current vagaries of the COVID-19 pandemic, spectators are not allowed into the arena. Instead of pumping the team down, the great minds in the coaching staff are instead giving the team another way to focus themselves on the upcoming game. They have done this by using ceiling lighting to imitate the Northern Lights - the Aurora Borealis - in order to center the team, calm them down and give them focus on the game and what they have to do to win it. The soothing, haunting music from the Halo series of video games are played as accompaniment, and provide the team with an inspiring, uplifting experience before the game. The light patterns are also played on the ice as the team emerges from the locker room, serene and composed like the Northern Lights. Nothing can disturb their center of balance, and they will be able to let the game flow through them. They will be unpredictable, wild, yet powerful, awe-inspiring. They will overwhelm the opposing team, who cannot do anything but stare at the majesty on the ice.

[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2021, 07:44 PM by leviadan.)

The Texas locker room has a confetti gun that looks identical to an old Western six shooter. We all get the adrenaline going by playing Russian Roulette with our line mates a few minutes before we go out onto the ice. This was a ritual prior to COVID as well, but lately with the absence of fans, coach has amped it up a bit as they keep threatening to replace it with a real six shooter. They would never actually do it... but the idea that they might is always present in my mind.

I mean, what if we lost a big game and coach just snapped? You know? Just lost it? He could easily swap out the confetti gun that we all have a good time with for a real, dangerous one. Hell, we have real ones lying all over the place! There was like nine of them in the lost and found last season alone! Maybe I should put a tiny little mark on the confetti one? Just so I know for sure which is which? But that might take away from the adrenaline rush... and then I'd be performing worse than everyone else. What a predicament!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

Getting up for a game shouldn’t be problem regardless of the attendance level..You’re a quote professional athlete unquote. .You’re being paid for the ability to play a game...There’s a shit ton of people out of work who be more than happy to take your place..But, since this scenario claims that it’s necessary to show some unique way of achieving a level of motivation commensurate with that of 18,000 screaming Battleborn fans. But this IS Vegas and we do things big out here.....

Here’s two items that are being tried out on a trial basis by the Battleborn players.

1. The Houdini Water Torture cell

[Image: usd_dda.jpg]

Nothing like the panic inducing feeling of drowning in front of your line mates to pump the adrenal glands before taking the ice.

And for those who hate having water filled eardrums ..

2.  The “Rick James” Bitch Slap 1000.

It’s guaranteed to get you pumped up for the game and leave a lasting taste of bloody gums in your mouth..

[img] https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773...i-2F1Q8Z2k[/img]

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

While we were hoping to get some fans in the stands for the beginning of this season, COVID hasn't backed down yet so we're starting up, once again, with no fans in the arena. It's tough to play in a empty rink. The silence is deafening and you realize just how much energy the fans bring you during the game. It's hard to keep the energy levels high during the game, but as professionals we need to adapt.

One thing that I love that Minnesota is doing is getting fans to record pump up messages for us. Our plan for this season is to gather in the locker room before heading out onto the ice and going through a handful of messages before each game. Eventually we want to get through each and every video sent to us. Their messages and cheering from the video will hopefully give us some energy and remind us who we're playing for and just how awesome the Monarchs fans are. Nothing will replace fans in the stands and we can't wait to get that back, but for now, watching our fans cheer for us from home will do.

(194 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
5-3-2
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 1] [Pts 1] [+/- +3] [PIM 4] [Hits 7] [SB 33]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Back in the days when arenas and stadiums were filled with eager-for-action faces, the Nevada Battleborn - the SMJHL's lukewarmest team - warm up was basically this: painstakingly walking through the building, giving fans fist bumps, high fives, and for players on the GM's bad side, performing back rubs some of the owners (power is scary). But, now that a pandemic has swept through the world, there's no kids to fist bump, no bros to high five, and part-owner, Matt Hazzard, isn't allowed to attend games, so the Battleborn have a bit more freedom in how they choose to get amped for the game.

Most have chosen to perform a haka - a ceremonial maori dance to invigorate and intimidate. Some have chosen to nap for a little bit longer. Rob Wright likes to body check cars in the parking garage.

Please, please bring back fans. The Battleborn are reaaaally weird.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Code:
Graphic task: Show how all those empty seats in your arena are being used since they're not hosting fans.

[Image: yadKdDW.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

PT Pass

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

One of the biggest draws to playing for the Kelowna Knights is how passionate their fanbase is. So to say that COVID has impacted the team would be an understatement. There is nothing like hearing the roar of the crowd after scoring a big goal that leads to another Knights win. To make up for this, the Knights have taken clips of crowd reactions from some of their biggest wins to celebrate goals for home games. To pump up the team, they will pump in recorded pre-game sounds from their sellout crowds in the past. And to top it all off, the team has agreed that everyone will get to shoot on the cardboard cutout of Sean Avery because who wouldn't want to blast the worlds greatest pest in the face with a puck. Rumor has it that Christopher Ford is running an under the table smelling salts business to keep the lads focused, as well. Here's to hoping there isn't anything funny in those packs!

170 words

[Image: GxHbd5R.png]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: yIvjn4j.png]
Thnx @Carpy48 for the sig!

Anyone else tired of this pandemic? Its quite unfortunate that we've had to play multiple seasons now without the live presence of our loving fans. I really used to enjoy them yelling at Cian McFelter when he wouldn't pass to me. However, the boys have been developing ways of hyping ourselves up. We usually start off with a playful bout between a couple players. Funnily enough, its usually Teddy Park (@trashae) vs someone else. He always wins! But somehow, SOMEHOW, he never wins when it matters. Next, we try to get someone special to read out the opening lineup. One day, it was Robert Feltersnatch's (@Roamus) mom. Another, it was McFelter's (@Titan) grandkids (yes, he's that old). We'll have to figure out the scheduling, but we gotta get Teddy back at some point, now that he's been called up to the big leagues. After that, we all have our little personal quirks and routines. The Quadruplets like to check in our Hockey Dynasty teams right before we head out onto the ice. If fictional players can win games, so can we!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: diBizEh.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

What's all of this pomp and circumstance to get pumped before a game? I personally hated having crowds at games - they were loud and obnoxious and really took me out of my comfort zone for pre-game warmups. I mean sure, the rest of the team still goes off and does their thing, listening to music and slapping each others' butts I assume. This just gives me more time for the Rites of the Sacrificial Goat deep within the confines of the locker room, as close to the center of the Inferno as I can get. Leave me out of your strange hype ceremonies - I'll take the tried and tested method of slaughtering a goat before every game, which is much easier to get away with now that there are no fans to hear the bleats of the goats as they pass into the void. So anyways that's how I prepare before a game and like I said my teammates do t stuff I assume though I am not there to know for sure.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]