Create Account

S58 PT #1 Empty Arenas

How does anyone get pumped for a game without fans, well its easy first of all it starts with every player chugging a four loko, the sponsored drink of the SHL. From there, in the locker room the boys are playing the best hits of Nickelback volume one - simple because volume two isn't that good. After the pregame skate it is followed up with a push up competition in the middle of the locker room, in which the loser must chug a second four loko. At this point the boys are starting to get amped up and the excitement is rising in the lower room. Before the game, the team has to hone in and focus on the pre game ritual which includes watch episodes 3 and 4 of the second season of Mr Beans adventures. Mr bean is a man of many skills, and these episodes display his great hand eye. Finally, the boys all put their hand in the middle for one final chant before the start of the game.

173 words

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

ISFL Welfare

[Image: bouch22.jpg?ex=65381617&is=6525a117&hm=6...178839271&] [Image: VGl3CB4.png]

It's unfortunate that we can't play in front of fans, because all the fans in the Outlaw Saloon surely give us some energy in close games. We had to come up with another to get us fired up, but honestly, it's kind of hard to replace what the fan bring when they come to see us. Much like every other sports franchises, we have a live streaming so our fans can watch us play safely from their own homes and they love to cheer us during intermissions or before a faceoffs. In the locker room, the guys like to blast their favorite songs from their phones and it surely gets us fired up. To replace the fans energy, when we score a goal and Conga from Gloria Estefan blasts through the Outlaw Saloon, the team has bought fireworks and smoke machines to create some ambiance and honestly it's better than the sound of silence.

158 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

ISFL welfare

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

It definitely puts a damper on the pregame preparations when there are no fans around to cheer you on and get you pumped up. Your pregame music always helps but it still feels like there is something missing without that fan noise in the background. SO what is the solution that has been brought about by Jonas? very simple really. He has gone back to old game tape and recorded the sound of screaming and cheering fans before the games and added it to his music playlist. He puts the recording at the very end so it's the last thing he hears before heading out onto the ice. Since this is his first season up in Los Angeles, he went back and scraped audio of the crowd back in Newfoundland Cheering his name as he stepped out onto the ice and edited it in. Brilliant peace of work by Jonas If you ask me. Helps him keep the fans around until the fans are around.

WC: 166

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

I've started getting into aromatherapy in Detroit since my rookie season, and started using it before games to help get the mood we need before a big game. If the team is really tense or nervous, I break out some lavender incense. If the team needs to get up and get energized, I use my homemade candles made from blend of coffee, smelling salts, and powdered adderall that I mix into the wax. Those are a big hit and I'm planning on selling them on etsy, stay tuned. My favourite road trips are the ones where I get to pack light, and none are better than St. Louis - the smell of dumpster fires throughout the city filling our nostrils is enough of a motivator to help us want to win and get the fuck out of dodge. There truly is a scent for every occasion, and I think it'll be a big help in the room as we look for new ways to stay mentally dialed in.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Unfortunately, since moving to Minnesota Cal Labovitch has not played a single game in front of a home crowd. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the stands are all empty and fans can only support their local heroes from their own home, watching games on the television. In order to give back to the fans, the Minnesota Monarchs, who actually have not played a single game where their fans could see them live since their rebrand, have partnered up with the local broadcasting network to upgrade the camera systems used in the arena to livestream games on television and the internet, as well as encourage retired players to join the commentators in the studio for games. This doesn't do much for the players yet, but keeping the fans engaged during these tough times plays a vital role in filling the arenas again after COVID. And while there is literally nothing anyone can do to ever replicate the feeling of stepping onto the ice in a sold out arena, knowing that the fans will be there to cheer us on when all this is over and giving our best for them every single night because we know their are following us at a distance, is enough for Cal to motivate himself to get out there and be the best he can be out on the ice.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I am very unsure how the rest of the team of Edmonton Blizzard do to get in the zone but for Jon Forty One there is a simple trick he has been doing since he was in the SHL minor league. He focuses within and does a small prayer to his lord before each game and then visualises how he will make the other team suffer. Unusually it would be through violent means if he could get away with it but that usually is not legal even in this sport so he does it through assisting. Which in recent seasons he has actually gotten pretty scary good at doing as he goes for awards now.

He is facing doom though as past his international career being insanely good so far but a lacking career so he will need to step it the fuck up if he is to do anything. Considering I only just made the 2K club mind he has a shot. But he really has to get in the zone this season.

[174 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

ISFL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

Like a true ninja, Yoshimitsu McCloud prefers the silence in the arenas he plays at in order to better work on his craft. Given he spent most of his life in seclusion at places that were purposefully chosen to remain hidden from society at large, not to mention some possible rival ninja organizations and even the yakuza that may or may not wish to obtain revenge on his family over the scenes that occurred in the middle of the 80s back at Tokyo, specifically Kabuki-cho, which may or may not have involved several beheadings, crashed cars, goats, a fallen meteor and the uprooting of the syndicate based out of the crab people clan of Okinawa.

With all of that in mind, the silence of the arenas actually made Yoshi a better player, even if regression has slowly been chipping away his non-existing skills. Still a hell of a ninja though, glad to know that.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

[Image: empty-net-hockey-arena-looking-163586912.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I think the real challenge is not getting drunk. There is plenty of down time before games now without the press and fans so it’s much easier to waste time in unproductive ways.

Most guys do their own thing up until it’s time for warmups. A couple have turned the guest vip room into an iracing Mecca with 4 different pc setups with steering wheels and whatnot. It’s pretty wild. But not really my thing. Plus I hate wandering into their streams...

Potts started a vlog with Kaarlo. It’s alright I guess. Most of the time they are talking about shit I have no idea about. Bjorn and Adam will get us all rounded up and in the right mind set most nights. But we have all been together for a few seasons now. It’s a very comfortable place. We all know each other very well. There is not getting pumped for the game. You better come pumped. Because in the shl today, a mistake will get you left behind. And we can let that happen...

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

pt pss

So even though there is no fans for the Hamilton Steelhawks home games Bork lazer has taken it upon himself to get all the homies on the team hyped during game day. So he brings in the beer bong and the fireball bucket of shooters in to get everyone loose. Of course the lame ass coach has a fit about this so Bork has to find a way to get everyone drinking without him knowing. Which in a way also exciting as well trying not to get caught like some high schoolers who stole their parents alcohol. The Steelhawks are so damn good they can treat this league like a beer league get loaded and just score when they want. Especially when they have the almighty Jobin in the goal it does not matter. Plus the Hamilton fans do not really care about covid protocols and still be tailgating, least they wear their masks. the groups of 10 just stay 6 feet apart of the other groups of 10 it is ok too.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Sometimes it can be pretty hard to get pumped and ready for a game that you are almost playing by yourself. You do not have any fans to pump you up; you do not have any girls up in the audience to look at at and showboat too when you make a really good play or score a goal. I mean, it's not like I score many goals, so it's more so at blocking shots. People love when you block shots. So, I really think the most important thing is to listen to good music. I mean, I think everyone knows the music that I will be choosing to listen to. I really like Taylor Swift, but I would say that more of her old stuff such as Reputation would be a better fit for a song to pump me up than some of her newer stuff. That stuff is what I would listen to before games.

Words: 159

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3