Create Account

S58 PT #1 Empty Arenas

The Tampa Bay Barracuda are a team that is based in the state of Florida, so of course there won't be any restrictions on fan attendance in Amalie Arena, obviously. But seriously, the Tampa Bay Barracuda have done a few things in order to make the players doing their hockey business inside the arena feel less lonely. Season ticket holding fans are able to connect to a website where their microphone is directly linked to speakers placed around the seats in the arena, and are able to send their support from home to the Tampa Bay players. Of course, there isn't exactly a system in place to stop people from doing things like blasting music or... other sounds of the less than desirable kind. They, however, are typically silenced by a few administrators relatively quickly by muting them or removing them from the website altogether. On top of that, there are also a number of cardboard cutouts scattered throughout the seats, with pop culture figures such as Breaking Bad's Walter White and Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Jake Peralta being on some of them.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

The Minnesota Monarchs are having no trouble getting pumped up even in empty arenas. Their nickname of the Mayosota Chefs still sticks to the team as they gather with their families on game day for a team meal where everyone brings a dish to share. The long tenured players like Mayfield, Seger, and Gibbles have favorite recipes that get requested fairly often by the rest of the team. The newer players are slowly learning the ropes and coming up with some creative dishes based on their home cuisine. The team management is sure to join in on the fun as well. Last week before the regular season began the Team General Manager bought ribeye steaks for the entire team and set up a grill just outside of the arena to cook them. The desert table is always a hit with the kids of the players. One Gordon William Gibbles was noted to be a friend for the strawberry shortcake often served at the meals.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 10:34 PM by JNH.)

Uh basically we just do a whole lot of screaming on our end to try to replace the fan noise. Some of it's fan stuff where we're very supportive of our team and our players - stuff like LETS GO SYNDICATE or GOOD SHIT LETS GO or COREY HIT THE FUCKING NET. Sometimes it's also fun stuff where we're derogatory towards the other team such as [REDACTED] or FUCK [REDACTED] or GET FUCKED [REDACTED]. We also have the announcement team piping in audio of SHOOT just in case we forget when or how to shoot. It's a pretty important part of the game so that's pretty key to have. You get the gist.

Other than that, we usually just look at pictures of @Patty 's dog Korra who is the sweetest and could will any team to victory singlehandedly. Patty's no longer with us, he passed on far too young but his dog cute af so she will have to suffice for his shortcomings.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Being that fans aren't currently allowed at Madison Square Garden, it feels as though the Manhattan Rage have lost a bit of a home ice advantage. Everyone knows that the fans in the Garden are the most passionate fans in the SHL and it can feel a bit empty without them. To combat this, the Rage have found ways to hype themselves up before and during games to replace that energy. The boys always make sure to have the music blazing before the game to get themselves in the mood. Lots of high beat pump-up music to get the energy going. They also try to act high energy on the way to and from the dressing room. Always loud, always trying to emulate the crowd. They have created chants for each player and specific rituals around this. It may be hard to replace the crowd but as of right now, they Rage are doing their best to recreate the atmosphere.

Code:
160 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

So in Manhattan we just do a lot more roids and coke than usual during pregame.

Oh yeah! There's a little game that I invented that gets everyone super pumped up before the game. I like to think it would work for most teams, so hit me up if you want a consultation. What I do is I hire trained assassins to skulk around the arena as the team members all arrive. The locker room is the safe zone. Our players need to locate the assassins and any potential traps (pattern recognition), formulate a plan to get to the locker room (getting their mind working under pressure), and make a break for the locker room (cardio warmup) while avoiding any previously unseen traps or weapons along the way (adaptability). Everybody shows up super pumped and ready to play. Though I am sitting here writing this alone in the locker room. Maybe adding another 10 assassins to the game was a little much. I should go check on things.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

To get pumped, the Atlanta Inferno found a couple ways to do it even though there's no fans in the stands due to COVID. First of all, we watch cute otter pics or videos. We all love otters and this passion is a thing that unites our locker room. Second of all, we try to find the dumbest horns we can, so that we can potentially switch to them. It makes us want to score so bad, since we want to hear it. And we don't want to score just once, but as much as we can, so that we can hear it over and over and over again. Third of all , we watch our favorite Netflix series, Blown Away. It's just a great series to forget about the anxiety and stress from the game. Finally, we get energy from listening to our favorite song : Outkast, The Way You Move. It's our favorite song and gets us pumped and all that.

161 words

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Playing in games without fans is really weird. But the Arena's sound crews do an amazing job to pump fake sounds through the speakers. So it is not really too bad. We are all professionals here so we know what is at stake in these games regardless of fans in the stands. We know the fans will be watching via streams, tv, radio, or wherever. But in the locker room, we definitely play some pump up music to set the tone. Before every game in the BAP LR, a player selects the music. So far Valentín Kalashnikov is the one who plays the craziest music. Friedland, Park, and LPLL have a small punching match in the hallway. For the guys who dont throw hands, there is grappling/sparring going on as well. Luca and Nat do some weird mind meditation, we dont say anything to them.  For the most part, we are pumped up every game because we get to play hockey for a living and thats all we need. 
-169 words

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

PBE affiliate

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

RESO: I have to admit, it feels unbelivably eerie to play without the massive roar of the fans. I somewhat dislike it. In Colorado, I get a major adrenaline rush whenever I hear the crowd roar like its Jurassic Park on the power play. How else can you explain how I broke out as a scoring defenseman in the SMJHL? I'll try and keep up my pace from last season, but considering what the WJC felt like, with a lack of noice and a barren, empty feeling with no push from behind, this year will feel like a struggle. The team is trying to manage this, however. We still blare out the goal horns and how our announcer around. I feel that this helps not only the fans, but the players as well since we don't want to find ourselves playing without some home familiarity. Blaring out some hype tracks also works alot. Everyone has their own piece, and its pretty interesting.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Me and the teammates at the Simulation Hockey League team, the Hamilton Steelhawks are trying our best during this COVID era. However, this does not mean that the boys in the locker room aren't pumped like we always were before this new disease. In fact, one can say that the boys at the Hamilton Steelhawks are going harder than ever and are motivated than ever. What has really helped are pre game fun activities that the whole team can get behind the idea of and love. Some of these activities include things like pre game chess, pre game soccer, pre game thumb wars. The list of fun things the Steelhawks do pre games to get pumped in an empty arena goes on. These activities surely replace the high tempo energy of fans that always used to give us big boosts pre games. However, the Steelhawks still cannot wait till the first game with fans back.

[Image: 3.png]

The Colorado Raptors are a team that is heavily steeped in tradition, and we’ve used this to our advantage before games in order to get everyone on the same page and ready for the game. Not only in the deep culture of Colorado, such as smoking a lot of weed and eating fried cow testicles, but also in the culture of the late Cretaceous era. This almost ritualistic pregame ritual involves all of our team members getting in inflatable dinosaur costumes and beating up the members that didnt do their PT’s that week. It serves in not only shaming our members into doing the PTs but also gets the team bloodthirsty and ready to destroy the opposition. Of course it doesnt hurt that we also fill our stands with socially distanced strippers and very fluffy dogs. Before the game we take each others sticks and bash them over the head of a clothing mannequin and then use its head as a puck in pregame warmup

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

To replace the fans we chose to have cardboard cutouts of the fans here in the SHL. We have cutouts of superfans like Kermit Murphy who haven't missed a game and casual fans that can't even name their teams star player. Obviously you might be thinking, what's the catch? Do I just get to send my picture somewhere and I'm on there for no reason? No! You just have to pay a low cost of $99.99 USD and you get to have your cardboard cutout in the stands.

To get us juiced and amped before games we have our own SHL Brockhampton perform live before every game while the players are skating out onto the ice. We have JSS, Logan and St4rface perform every game. The trio are absolutely incredible and get everyone juiced for the game. JSS' garbage flow really doesn't help from time to time but the players are very understanding and they feel his pain and it's that pain that gets them juiced up and ready to play

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

With no fans in the building, it was hard at first. It takes away a lot from the atmosphere and it can really change how games are played. But, like everything in life we had to find a way to make it work. So, we started by taking over the jumbotron, and the stereos. Now, we get to choose what plays on the jumbotron, and which music plays in the pre-game, and in warmups. It’s pretty great. I’m surprised other teams aren’t utilizing this, as we have spooked some of the other teams prior to the game with the right music and videos playing. On top of this, we get to yell and scream anything we want in, or outside of the change rooms. Some of the guys even like to head into the stands and boo the opponents whenever we come out for the pre-game skate. It’s pretty damn hilarious. (151 words.)

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 11:36 PM by O4L.)

Parker Smeb couldn't believe it when he found out that COVID-19 somehow broke through his computer screen and infected people in his fake simulation hockey league. At one point he seriously considered retirement from the league to get away from this virus that seemed to follow him everywhere. Eventually, he decided to return ot the Syndicate and try to help the team repeat their cup win from last season. Parker and his Smeb brothers have moved into the United Center to avoid the spead of COVID and have installed computers all throughout the rink. To get pumped before games and in-between periods, they play League of Legends and do in-houses vs other SHL teams. The SHL even hosted a tournament recently with players from multiple other teams competing vs the Syndicate. The Syndicate crushed all the other teams in this tournament before teams started quitting the tournament due to fear of having to vs the Syndicate, these in-houses are a great tool to help the Syndicate's confidence going into SHL games.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2021, 11:37 PM by juke.)

This season is definitely a little strange to play without fans in the stands. Like most teams, we feed off their energy and think that we have some of the best fans in the league, so losing that advantage hurts. However, there's a few things that we do in the LR that helps capture that energy. For example, the fans in Manhattan have taken to the tradition of slow chanting 'juuuuke' on the rare occasion that I do something notable on the ice, but it's one of those chants that sounds like 'boo.' So to make me feel at home, @Buster has really gone out of his way to recreate that atmosphere in the LR. He'll just come up to me when I'm getting ready for the game and just yell 'booooo' right in my face. Really loudly and he really holds that note for a while. He's such a nice guy, he knows I've been missing that cheer so he puts in the extra effort to make me feel appreciated and at home. Buster also goes above and beyond to recapture the excitement of playing on the road. He'll say things like 'holy shit you suck'....'go back to the SMJHL'....and 'please guys can I play with anyone else on my pairing other than him?' So all in all, I really owe a lot to Buster, he keeps me motivated and focused, and it's almost like all our drunk fans, both at home and on the road, are still here in spirit.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92