Create Account

S58 PT #2 Payday!

Well unfortunately, I need to spend some of that sweet salary money on training. I just hope I have to have enough left over from pay day to buy some decent stuff. Definitely need a new car, I'd settle for an E-class coupe. I guess living in Newfoundland, I wouldn't mind having a boat too. Who knows, I might be able to command my boat into the ocean and catch some lobster, that way I won't need to spend any of that pay day money on lobster. To be honest, I'm more of a crab person than a lobster person, so I would probably end up spending my money on that. After that, I should probably get a new house. Real estate in Newfoundland isn't super expensive, so it would be nice to get some coastline property. Then I would spend all offseason out in the backyard staring at the ocean.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Prospect

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]  Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF] Team Japan | S60 Gold

Pay Day is Best Day! It's a good feeling to wake up and check your bank account to see a big fat deposit come through. For Goku, it is starting to feel like building a retirement fund rather than keep pouring money into training only to see it get ripped away because of regression every season. So, rather than keep fighting a futile battle, Goku is starting to shift that money into investments for the future. While Winnipeg is a great city to play hockey, it's not really the first place you think of when you consider where to spend your golden years - it is much too cold in the winter! So some of that money is being set aside to buy a home in some warmer climate. Maybe Mexico or Spain or something like that. A nice villa on the Mediterranean. Sipping pina coladas on the beach. That would be the life! After a long and largely unimpressive career, Goku will be glad to leave the hockey life behind and focus on just relaxing!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

You can have the most expensive hobbies in the world when you’re worth millions. Mine comes in the form of expensive cars. My current car collection is comprised of 19 vehicles and is valued at $4.9 million. The priciest one in the garage is the Bugatti Veyron, which costs around $1.7 million. Sometimes, you just have to buy things for old time's sake. when I signed my last contract I fulfilled one of my childhood dreams of buying a red Ferrari last year. In a letter to my younger self, FN LN wrote, “If you’ve thought it through, and you can make it work without doing any long-term damage to your finances, then it’s O.K. to reward yourself sometimes. And you love that car. So buy it.” Another crazy expense i had was when I bought three white Bengal tigers. Not only did each tiger come at a price tag of $70,000, but feeding these big cats cost an additional $200,000. It doesn’t stop there though. I even shelled out $125,000 for an animal trainer to care for them.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

When Rhys was promoted to the SHL and thus moved to Toronto from Anaheim, he was single and more likely to spend money. However, this offseason he got married and now has to be much more careful about how he spends his money. Rhys has always liked investing, but he can't be quite a risky as he was in his younger days. Before getting married, Rhys and his then fiance hired a financial manager to help plan for their future as a family. Rhys has been putting a lot of his contract money into investments but also bought a home in the Toronto suburbs. Additionally, he has a passion for giving back to his community and has been looking for ways to invest in areas of need in the Greater Toronto area. Rhys believes in giving back to the city that supports him because without them, he would not have a job and be in a position to be as fortunate as he is.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

The first thing Calvin Hobbes did when he started receiving the contract money was purchasing a home (first in Maine, a home he's now saving for the weekends away) and now after being called up to New England Wolfpack, a bigger home that he can settle with the family. After the living situation was sorted, a hefty chunk went into something as boring as a savings account, as there will be a life after hockey, too many sports stars are broke only a few years after their career has ended.
Now that most these things are sorted, it's finally time to enjoy some more luxury, a brand new golf set was acquired last season, a home gym was bought and installed at home for those days when you feel like doing something but not like leaving the house.
Next on the wish list is a F1 simulation kit, to be able to drive and feel like you're in a real F1 car.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2021, 05:34 PM by puolivalmiste.)

[Image: 4tIlHT9.png]
Leppänen loves cars and wants to be prepared for Texas winter so he finds good use for his contract money.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

After being in the SHL for a couple seasons, I've been making the big bucks. It was time to do a total renovation of my pad. I've been living in a penthouse apartment in Dallas but the place was looking stale. Decided to call in a few favors from some home makeover friends across the pond and now I'm living the dream. Upgraded to a 69" flat screen TV with crazy surround sound system so it's like being at a rave every single inch of my apartment. I had the floor removed and replaced with flashing light squares so it's almost like you're playing Dance Dance Revolution even when you're just walking around. And the best part is I spent a lot of money on a robot chef. It's basically a vending machine but calling it a robot chef sounds much fancier. I gotta be careful about going into debt but luckily I got in on GME before it was hot so my investments should be paying off nicely.

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

PBE PT I'm Kahn on PBE

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

With his first official paycheck on the Seattle Argonauts roster, Dee Centerman IV had a clear plan. "I am putting it in the mattress." Centerman IV's parents grew up in rural Germany, and their money saving habits were not lost on him. "I remember dad telling me to use a bit on yourself, give a bit to your community, and stick a bunch in your mattress. You never know when you will need cash at home." As always, Centerman IV gave a large portion of his paycheck to local charities. The Boys and Girls Clubs of King County were his preferred charity this time around, as he could not participate in live events and fundraisers. However, that leaves one thing. We asked Centerman IV if he gave a bit to his community and stuck a bunch in his mattress, what was the 'little bit for himself?' Centerman IV refused to answer, saying it's rude to be conspicuous about one's wealth. SHN did, however, spot him playing with a cup and ball toy as he walked out of the arena that evening.

With his rookie season just on the horizon, Colin Lambert was on his way to the House Store to buy his parents a new house… But something else caught his eye along the way. Just beside the House Store is H.E. Butts’ Clown Rental Emporium. Without hesitation, he changed course and entered the store. Inside was a beautiful trove of clowny wonder. With the thought of his homeless parents buried deep in the back of his mind, Lambert returned home with hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of rented clowns. At first it was a lot of fun. Colin would skip the ice baths after practice and recuperate with hefty laughs spawned from the brilliant physical comedy of his rental clowns. Eventually though… things took a dark turn. The colorful faces that once filled Colin with a boyish joy began to burn into his head. He would wake up in the middle of the night and see a clown looking right back at him. When he decided he had his fill of rental clowns, he did a good deed and sent all 32 of them to entertain his now homeless parents at their refrigerator box in a Tampa Bay alleyway.

200 Words

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

There’s so many things that I could do with the money from my first major SHL contract, especially now since I’m in the majors, there is a lot I need to do. First and foremost, I need to buy a place down in Tampa Bay, since I have left my Anchorage home behind. After that, I would need to get a lot of furniture so when I can have the teammates over eventually, it will not be a barren wasteland. The third, and probably most important thing to Vladmir Petrov, would be to send money home to his family, so that his younger siblings can continue to train and maybe one day themselves make it over to the SHL and be able to continue and contribute to the family name. The Petrov’s have so much going for them as well, that any extra money they share with their family because that’s just what the Petrovs do. Long Live Petrov.

(159 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Ole Olson is a simple man with a simple background. Before hitting the ice with the Kraken, he spent his time building cabins in the mountains of Norway. He read about hockey and watched as much as he could, but he didn't really believe he'd be able to make it to where he is now. Knowing how fortunate he is, he first purchased one of these cabins for his parents with his first check. He wanted them to have a beautiful refuge to retire to. When he was paid by the Specters, he worked with his agent to create a fund for underprivileged children to attend sports camps. It was his goal to foster an increase these children's access to extracurricular activities. His foundation currently operates out of Charlotte, New Orleans, and Notodden and has helped fifty children in each region obtain equipment and coaching to get involved in a small local hockey league. He hopes to expand to more locations in the coming months.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

Most of my money from contract will go to coaching since I would like to get as many TPE as I can. Sadly bigger amounts of TPEs cost lots of money so I can't really improve as much as I want. Next season I enter SHL and I would like to bank as many TPEs as I can, so I can upgrade my skills a lot and contribute to Auroras. Of course I will spend some of my money on items I like or need for my free time. I need few new video games, new sound system and new, bigger fridge. That big fridge will also need to get filled with food and drinks, that will cost more than before. I would also like to buy new fishing rod and lots of fishing lines, they just break way too often.
So I guess I will spend all money from my contract and nothing will go to my savings account.

[Image: Zyhl0FL.png]

Since gaining a fair whack of money joining the NOLA Specters Friedensreich Hundertwasser has been attempting to commission some art work to line his rather bare walls with.
Being a rather big headed fellow he has been requesting numerous pieces of art from a large number of rather well known league artists.
He is a big fan of being able to stare at a portrait of himself in action whilst he is dropping his hefty morning deuce every day.
He likes to walk down the hallways seeing himself in various matchup throughout his life reliving some of the younger games and even some from this season.
Aside from that he has been building a hefty hot chocolate store - his current favourite being a white chocolate sticky toffee pudding flavour hot chocolate. It gives him that kick in the morning he needs the day after a game. His least favourite so far was a chai latte hot chocolate Cross over. It made his tongue feel fuzzy.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac