Create Account

RIP Mac

Man, Rest In peace Mac.

Wish the family condolences and the best during these times.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

RIP Mac
Rest in power my friend

Wow, this really sucks.

Rest in peace, fellow SHLer.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

RIP. Tragic to go this early.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Never met Mac but it sucks loosing a brother in the sim league world. Rest in peace mac.

Wow. Just seeing this now. Mac was a mainstay in this league for ages, someone I played with on multiple teams. I remember his enthusiasm when we talked about Magic: the Gathering, his delight that I had played (at the time) for nearly 20 years. I had actually been thinking yesterday about seeing who's still around from my first stint on the SHL, and he was one of the names that came to mind. RIP Mac.

I'll humbly admit that Mac and I didn't see eye-to-eye at first. He was going through some issues with his work at the time, and I had all of my issues. The Wolfpack LR wasn't the best place for us to meet. It took about a year of real time for us to reconvene, just after seeing several mutual responses to goings-on around here. He reached out to me privately about the tampering charge I received and effectively apologized if he was the one who pushed me over the edge all those seasons ago. I assured him that he needn't apologize, because I was the one who was rude, thinking that I had somehow earned a spot in some inner circle of veterans because I was selected where I was. From then on, we'd check in on each other just for the hell of it every now and again.

If nothing else, Mac had some of the most raw passion I've ever seen in this community. His fervent loyalty to his friends, the enjoyment he took in writing his Colt saga(s), and the delight he found in maintaining rivalries and storylines across the league went relatively unmatched during a period of "pressers" and overall lulls in the unique content of the SHL. Anyone can have good and bad takes on a forum, but to pursue the "right" thing and stay true to yourself often ends up being hard, because at the end of the day the vast majority of the league remains semi-anonymous. Mac was always an advocate for himself and the good of the league in his own eyes, and I can ultimately respect his truth.

Rest in peace, Marshall. I hope that, in some way, you have finally reached happiness we oft dreamt about those years ago. I will miss you.

I absolutely apologize for bringing up an older thread, but this gutted me. Just got done crying a bit. One of my best buds on the site. We'd chat a bit every so often on Facebook after I left, but hadn't talked to him in awhile now.

Mac, dude, I love ya, we will all miss you, and see you when I see you.

02-23-2021, 12:53 AMDuey Wrote: I absolutely apologize for bringing up an older thread, but this gutted me.  Just got done crying a bit. One of my best buds on the site. We'd chat a bit every so often on Facebook after I left, but hadn't talked to him in awhile now.

Mac, dude, I love ya, we will all miss you, and see you when I see you.

I wouldn't have seen it if you didn't, so thanks for bumping. Mac was one of the first people I met on site. We were part of Spangle's Regina Force team and got brought into Ace's (later PrettyBurn's) New England team, finally bringing a cup there in S23. One thing that I always appreciated about Mac was how much he cared about the community here. It was hard not to get invested when you shared a LR with Mac. The last time I spoke to him I know he was going through some things, and I really hope he found some peace, comfort, and happiness. I'm going to miss him.

I talked a lot of shit about Mac during my SHL days. It was never personal, from one hockey player to another I hope you understood. RIP brother.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Was part of the group that welcomed me to the site and helped me feel like there was a thing here that I enjoyed doing. Crushing to lose anyone this young.

Dean colt the third was his player I was team mates with and a junior and anchorage legend.

@nuk hope you are okay I know you guys were closish

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

If you're ever missing Mac check out this thread where he said something to every single user on the forum

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=55352

04-09-2021, 01:53 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: If you're ever missing Mac check out this thread where he said something to every single user on the forum

Right in the feels. Rest in Peace.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

04-09-2021, 01:59 PMmicool132 Wrote:
04-09-2021, 01:53 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: If you're ever missing Mac check out this thread where he said something to every single user on the forum

Right in the feels. Rest in Peace.

Seriously. He was such a nice guy. Hit me hard reading what he said about me.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Mac was a funny dude. I miss him. We've lost too many good people.... 701, Mac, Dangel... who knows who else we've potentially lost and not known.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother