Create Account

S58 PT #3 Storylines

A big storyline in the West has been the Edmonton Blizzard performing well with a roster on a budget. With a staggering $12.5 million in dead cap and a rookie goalie, Edmonton has nonetheless jumped out to a 23-10-2 start to lead their division. The offense this season runs through Barrett Blackwood, who is having a career year with 46 points through the first 35 games. Another breakout star is winger William Hartmann, who leads the team in goals with 19 and is having his first really big season. The team isn't short on depth either, with players like Jon Forty-One, Julio Tokolosh, Tony Pepperoni and others all having point-per-game campaigns. On the defensive side of the game, FR Finn-Rhys just keeps being one of the best defensive defensemen in the SHL, while Karlstrasse Scholz is an offensive weapon with ten goals. In net, Peter Ramsey is having a stellar rookie season with a 17-8-2 record so far and a .903 save percentage, while occasional call-up Tyler Ward has been great in relief at 6-2.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The most curious story to follow this season has been the disappointment of the Atlantic division and how that will affect playoff format discussions going forward. All five Atlantic teams are below the four Lakes teams in the standings and three of them will qualify for the post season over the last Lakes team. Manhattan and Atlanta weren't on the same level as the Great Lakes but they've looked very mediocre compared to the league so far, and their lack of ability to distance themselves from Baltimore, New England, and Tampa Bay is endemic of a larger problem where the entire division at this point isn't relevant to the league and is a constant punching back for the Great Lakes and the top two teams in each of the Western Conference divisions in Texas, Los Angeles, Edmonton, and Calgary. They have a harder schedule than the western conference, having more Great Lakes games, but the division as a whole is averaging just 0.92 points per contest compared to the Lakes' 1.40 and the western conference's 0.98 each. They also score the fewest goals per game leading to an abysmal -100 goal differential in their combined 171 games played.

205 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

The biggest story of the season is the Great Lakes division. Nobody saw it coming that the Toronto North Stars would be top cup contenders this season. They are challenging for first in the stacked division, tied with Hamilton for points. Then you have the collapse of the Chicago Syndicate after their cup win. Currently last in the division. But to be fair, that's still good for 4th in the conference. They seem to be getting the same treatment as Toronto last season. Then there's the under performing Stampede, who are struggling against easy teams but still hanging on to their playoff spot. It is a season of rebuild triumph, as Texas is currently in position to take regular season champions. The landscape of the SHL is a lot different than it was 5 seasons ago with Texas and Toronto finally out of the bottom and making their way towards a first cup in a long time.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

ISFL affiliate

Well if you go back to index on site and check season standings from season 53 I think there are few storylines that come into mind, specially if we focus on bottom team of both conferences. There is already huge number of posts about how great it is to see Toronto's rise and while it definitely there were signs of it and it was just waiting to happen either this season or next (with luck could have been s57) so personally I'm not surprised but still thrilled to see it happening and wondering how league will look in few seasons when we both peak around the same time. Which leads us to us, the other bottom team from 53, showing how about year worth of seasons can show the progress and rebuild. Currently we have ongoing 15 game win streak which while impressive is also definitely lucky as even FHM offers its fair share of very random results and upsets while they are not as common they were with FHM.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

The biggest story line this season would not be how the ever dominant great lakes division is still dominating with all four teams claiming the four top spots in the east,  how the reigning champion, the Chicago Syndicate is currently in a spot where they wouldn't even make the playoffs. Last seasons Hamilton Steelhawks has struggled some and not won as much as they did then, Toronto North Stars have (finally?) reached their potential and show that they too can compete in the division.

But the story line would be how the cap penalized Edmonton Blizzard is defying the odds and showing a very strong performance being second in the West, only trailing the Texas Renegade. The team, and especially the management, has shown extreme skill in ensuring the continued success despite the very heavy penalty they did receive as a consequence of their cap infraction last season. The remainder of the season will show if the Edmonton Blizzards keep this up or if they have just been lucky so far.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2021, 07:57 PM by Steelhead77.)

I think one of the biggest storylines this season is the emergence of the Toronto North Stars as a real threat to win the Great Lakes Division. If you think back to S53 when FHM started Toronto went 6-41-3 and had a dreadful season, they were in a full rebuild and had a long way to go to even be competitive. 5 seasons later they are 1st in the division and ahead of some of the top teams in the league, teams that have won 3 of the last 5 championships. I think this is a great storyline and should be fun to watch all season. If someone had told you in S53 that Toronto would be ahead of Hamilton after 35 games in the S58 season you probably would have laughed, but that's exactly what's going on. Props to Toronto on the big turn around, they've been steadily improving each season and are on pace to make the playoffs for the first time in a while. The division is real tight this year so anything can happen but it'd be great to see Toronto make it, although I'm sure Hamilton, Chicago and Buffalo feel differently. Either way it's an exciting story to watch and one of the best of the season for sure.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

In what is considered the hardest division in the whole league containing the Hamilton Steelhawks, most recent champions Chicago Syndicate and the Buffalo Stampede, the Toronto North Stars are leading the division. Well, at the timing of this post, they are currently tied with the Hamilton Steelhawks with 57 points in 38 games played. But still, having been the bottom of the division and going through a rebuild while going up against dynasties of the Simulation Hockey League, it is amazing to see the North Stars finally at the top of the table and putting those teams in their place in a sense. Bobby Lane is turning out to be a beast for the team and is currently 3rd in points in the whole league. Axel Meszaros is currently leading the league in the plus minus category with a +37 rating.
Also, shout out to the Texas Renegades that are currently leading the league with a 32-4-0 record and dominating. We saw this potential last season from the team and expected that they would kill it this year. Was just more out of no where that the North Stars would be leading the division and the conference at this point in time.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

In my mind the biggest storyline this season is the Toronto finally emerging as a threat. They have been as bad as I can remember despite having a number of good players but now it's looking like they are finally putting things together. Lead by veterans Harry Carpet, Mika Kandinsky, Adam Barron, and Bobby Lane the North Stars are looking like a legit contender for the Cup this season. They are 4th in league in goals scored and tied with Hamilton for 2nd in the league in points, in fact Bobby Lane is 2nd in the league in goals (22) and Adam Barron leads all defensemen in assists. Harry Carpet has done pretty well between the pipes and is top 5 in multiple goalie stat categories. The one question this team has is what happens when the pressure is on? Most of the players if any have big time playoff experience or experience battling for the league's best record.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

To be completely honest, I don't really follow what's going on in the SHL, as I'm completely focused on the minors and how my Anaheim Outlaws are doing. Everyone was wondering how the Outlaws would do under new management and with a lot of callups and a brand new defense. The team surprised early in the season, earning first place in the division after the first five games, but they were quickly back down to Earth after starting goaltender Vincent Mietitore was called up. The ten new players had rough starts and the SMJHL pace quickly caught them and most Outlaws were really tired. The team then slid down to the bottom of the division. However, with the rookies rapidly improving their play, the team is playing better than they were at the start of the year, winning more games as of late. For the rest of the year, Outlaws fans will hope the rookies game will improve as expected and it could be a sign of good things to come for the Californian team.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

ISFL PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

the biggest storyline in the entire simulation hockey league is the erotic, non-fictional story of Augustus "Big WANGer" Wang because he has been constantly stuffing the opposing goalie's holes on a regular basis. whether the stuffing is done with pucks or not is still left up for interpretation as the buffalo stampede have steadily improved after a horrific start to the season. for the first time in the big wanger's career was he subject to being stuffed by the other big boys around the league as the stampede were punished for submitting themselves to the big girthy strength of the bottom feeders of the league. fortunately for the big wanger and the stampede, they have been able to turn it around through the sheer power that one big wanger possesses as he has been effective at stopping the load in his own end and has been spanking some big time passes for some ASSists to his teammates. things can only get more erect for wang and the stampede as they have acquired NEW Dick in a blockbuster trade that is bound to end up in an adult video store near you.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Well I mean if you're talking about the biggest story lines of the season then you have to talk about Stan Q Next. Stan Q Next is always the story of the season. Stan Q Next was a monster in the juniors and did very well for an expansion team. But now Stan Q Next is in the big leagues and coming in super strong doing very well for another recent expansion team (this is my whole thing apparently), but yea Stan Q Next is playing well for the Atlanta Inferno. It is pretty rare when a low TPE Center like Stan Q Next does well and all of that and that is why it's such a big season and story. Like why wouldn't Stan Q Next be the one everyone talks about. I am a very popular guy and the most fun player in the league with a great render and all of that and I've been like better than I expected so that's why Stan Q Next is the story of the season.