Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

PBE PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

For me, this season has turned out to be a pretty divided emotion. My own performance partly pleases me, because it was the best season for me in adult hockey, but the performance of the team was not what one could expect. A lot of games were lost where it could not be allowed to be allowed, and if it was looking at it all now, then the lost points against the notionally weaker counterparts were also crucial. But that doesn't mean we'll give up, on the contrary, such an outcome will give us additional motivation to be able to do more things next season. All it needs is to go step-by-step forward and the main thing is not to look back so it doesn't start a downturn. I believe we can do much more, and if it fails next season, then I may have to take my own fault. This season must be like a push forward. Come on, Seattle!

I can't deny that this season was a good one for Kaarlo Kekkonen, who really showed up and did what he could to stand out as one of the best talents in the league. Playing on a Renegades squad that performed to a standard that not a lot of people in the league thought they would be capable of. Kekkonen posted 75 points in the 66 games he played this year, an increase of 9 points from the total he posted last year and made a greater contribution to his team's defensive efforts than he had in previous years as far as I'm able to tell. The most significant part of Kaarlo's season is the ability he showed to help his team win games, and I think that the success the Renegades saw this year will give them a great platform to build on in future seasons, whatever happens in the playoffs this year.

Code:
154 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

My player played so well he won a pt pass

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Alexander Roach had a decent season. After moving back to his natural center position, the season started put really slow, trying to get back into the defensive mindset of a center took a bit off of his scoring at first. However, Roach went on a huge scoring tear at the end of the season during Buffalo's playoff push, putting up 6 goals over 3 games, including his first SHL hat trick vs Atlanta. Finishing with new career highs in goals (15) and points (34) was really nice. He also put up new highs in hits (100) and shots blocked (48), showing some nice improvements in his two way play. Putting up a 60.9 CF% was also really nice, although I wonder how much of that was just from being on Buffalo. Regardless, everything is moving in the right direction for Roach, and I am hoping that he can continue improving on both ends of the ice in the coming seasons.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

From a personal standpoint, this was my probably my worst season so far. I went from 11 goals and 31 points to 7 goals and 24 points, and my +/- dropped a staggering 27 points to -10, which is even more depressing since I was the league leader two seasons ago.  I know +/- isn't always the best indicator of performance, but a drop off of that much is never a good sign.  I struggled to find my feet early on in the season, but, during the Whalers' mid season winning streak that saw the team move up to .500, I clawed my way back to exactly 0 for +/-. And then the wheels fell off. The team had an exceptionally rough patch and I dropped down to -13 during those games.  I had more giveaways than a needy Instagram model and it cost the team.

The shining light is I played much better during the end of the season, and started putting points on the board. I've managed to carry that over into the playoffs with 2 goals in 2 games.  Hopefully that keeps up and helps restore my confidence.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

This season was honestly far beyond my expectations. I was coming off of a decent 48 point season where I'd carried most of the workload on the Wolfpack second line and knew that the only place to go was up, and being traded to Hamilton probably made expectations around me rise, as did my surprisingly good preseason numbers. Then the regular season happened and I tried not to lose my shit celebrating. I finished with 60 points, which is the best season of my career and 10 points over my personal goal (I'd wanted to just get 50 points, which was something I couldn't do last year). What I was really happy with was my assist total of 38, which was awesome and meant that I was playing the puck around, as well as much improved advanced stats (which is probably due to me being on a better team) and 30 more hits than last season which was also great. S58 was just a season I dreamed about but never expected to happen, and now that it has, I know I can push for more.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

It was clear to the Falcons that Yan had spent his offseason wisely shooting grenade launchers in Africa, because it was evident to all who watched him play, that something started to click, to change, to make him a stronger player. In his rookie season, Yan put up a solid 24 points (11 goals and 13 assists). With more opportunities to play in S58 (+4 minutes time on ice), Yan took full advantage with a new personal high of 38 points (16 goals and 22 assists). In addition, he found his way to the net more, taking just over 50+ more shots this season. Getting limited power play time, Yan did also contribute 2 power play points, while only committing 2 himself all season. Yan must have also decided to focus more on his speed than his physical game, because his hit totals actually went down from 15 to 7. The team is looking forward to seeing what Yan can do when his restrictions are lifted. The hockey world should be scared.

[Image: dolffs58_gold.png]

Falcons Detroit Falcons: S57 - S59

How did I do this season? Well, for a rookie campaign, I cannot say that it was a bad one. I would have loved to do better, but New England was in a tough spot where we had a rough year, so some of these numbers are to be expected as I am also a rookie. I had 6 goals and 8 assists for a total of 14 points in the 66 games that I played this season. As a defense first defenseman, I am really not complaining about that. Now, the -28 that I posted is really bad. I mean, there's nothing more I need to say about that. It is really bad. I think the other things I looked at is Shots Blocked. I had 45 this season with a DGR of 65 which is actually not that bad at all. I also played 20 minutes a game which is also very surprising for a rookie. I really had to step right into it and play. I think everything will get better from here.

Words: 177

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Heading into this season, hopes were all high. My update from 350 to 425 points meant a huge offensive upgrade with all those points. Needless to say, it did pay out in the end. In comparison to last seasons statline of 10 goals and 18 assists for a total of 28 points in the regular season, this season only my 32 total assists confirmed that I was a better player this season. I also added 8 goals for that 32 assists for 40 points in regular season, my career high so far across all competitions. Now, looking at Carolina this season, we did not exceed expectations. Losing a lot of key pieces from our first line and a few great depth players did hurt us a lot. The entire team accepted the fact that this season would be our quietest one for a long time, and during that time we managed to snatch some insane key pieces from the last two draft classes. Needless to say, next two seasons will be great for Carolina.

174 words

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Last season I really started coming into my own.  Had a decent regular season that even earned me my first McBride nomination.  It was no doubt a highlight as it meant, as a goaltender, that I'm finally starting to be worth something.  Cap off last season even more with a ridiculous playoff run for the last season of the Jets where, even despite being eliminated in the semi-finals...I still managed to put up THE BEST save percentage among starters in the playoffs and the SECOND BEST goals against average (by 0.06), I came into season 58 thinking that I was going to continue that serious run....

Nope.   My season was garbage.  Nay, it was shit.  Barely scraping back to a .914 save percentage and an abysmal 3.14 goals against average...I suppose I should just find solace that my GAA was pie....well, as easy as pie to other teams that is.

At best I have 3 to 4 seasons now before I start hitting regression, and my desire to find that Challenge Cup and cap off my Quadruple Gold run is even greater than it was before.

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Gunnar had a pretty acceptable season. He didn't quite hit some of the goals he wanted to - aside from the obvious disappointment of missing the playoffs after winning a cup last year, he was also hoping to be able to exceed his personal career points high from last year. He came up two points short of that due to a pesky dry spell at the end of the year (all he needed to do was score five points in about twelve games and he only came up with three). It was still a 50+ point season, and he only did that for the first time last year, so he is doing fairly well at fighting regression so far, and he should be able to put up similar numbers this coming year while he is still only in 10% regression. One thing that was disappointing was that he was hoping to get off to a better start since he could afford yearly coaching much earlier in the season this year, but that just didn't work out that way. It wasn't a terrible season, but it wasn't quite what we were hoping for, either.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I wish I could tell you how my season went honestly. I just do not really know. I finished 2nd in assists, I was 1 of the more important players in important games for the Edmonton Blizzard and 1 of the highest point getting players we had and I guess this is all good but...I just do not think it is enough. I will once again miss all stars to tony pepperoni again somehow, I will get fucked in awards and it'll mess up my chances of getting into the Hall of Fame. It kinda hurts to think like that honestly cause I am trying everything I can to make it happen.

I need a new start and a new environment so I am going to try my best on a new team I think in FA rather than resign. I just don't know if this career is saveable for Jon past his international career. That probably means he has done enough for a retry but still. Worrying times this season.

[174 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 10:58 AM by CementHands.)

Well it was another career season, but this time in a big big way. Smashing through a previous career high of 34 points, where it was realistically only the high due the the 16 additional games to put up a league leading 42 goals, 71 overall points, and my first ever plus season in the SHL, and second ever after having achieved that once before. What's even more though is the Baltimore Platoon are playoff bound! After many seasons toiling among the basement of the division and league, Baltimore made an epic push in the last few weeks of the season and clinched their first playoff birth since S49.
A small downside on all this excitement and adrenaline is a small thought in the back of my head, what if this was my career season? I haven't reached my technical peak yet, but the amount of improvement will be marginal, a point here or there, If I'm able to sustain this kind of production for a few seasons then amazing and I'm very much looking forward to it, but what if this is my peak and I didn't fully appreciate it while I was on the ride?

Huge improvement over last season, this season is definitely one to remember, and I even get to walk away with some hardware to immortalize it.

Code:
227 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021, 10:59 AM by takethehorizon.)

For Cillian Kavanagh it's been another great regular season in Texas. After posting a .926 save percentage and a 2.36 GAA, Kavanagh had quite alot to live up to this year with the Renegades. This season Cillian managed to post a record of 30-6 with a .914 save percentage and a 2.17 GAA. We were very happy with the 30 wins as Kavanagh managed to win 42 games in the previous 3 seasons combined! The GAA was also a major improvement upon the previous season. The save percentage was a bit lower than we were hoping for this season however. This could be due to a multitude of reasons but Cillian is looking forward to building on this and coming back and being even stronger in S59. The team as a whole looks to be putting together a deep playoff run after a very strong 54 win season, 109 points - finishing atop the entire league. Texas also finished 3rd in GA trailing Chicago and Buffalo. We're going to work on keeping the puck out of our net as best as we can in the offseason and build towards a better year in S59.

Word Count: 193

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]