Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

Well, I think I had an alright season, though it really started better than it ended. In the end I only ended up 4th among my team, the Seattle Argonauts. I started off better than that. But I am still quite happy with my player. I ended up with 43 points. 31 assists and 12 goals scored. My shooting percentage ended up absolutely abysmal and I really think that if I just got some more goals with a better shooting percentage, my player would actually be a bit more decent. I really have no hope to get into the hall of fame so at this point I really just want to get some good spots on the all time Seattle Argonauts list when it comes to career stats and I know I am in a few decent spots when it comes to that already, but maybe I can climb those lists a little more. I look forward to next year.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

This season was great for the North Stars. We finished 2nd in the Great Lakes and made the playoffs. Overall, I had a decent season in my opinion; with fully taking over 2C duties, my point total increased. I had a decent amount of assists (helps when you play with Bobby Lane), but I am hoping to get my goals up big time. I am hoping for a strong off-season and to bank some TPE so I can help put my team in a better position to win. I know we are still playing in the playoffs right now, but I hope I can have a big off-season. Overall should have a better team on the ice next season, so I think with the overall improvement of the team, my player will improve too. I hope to have a 25-40 season for my team, and I honestly think it is possible with the right offseason training.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

So last season I know I came into the PT thread with the audacious goal of throwing up 20 goals and being a big time scorer. Well I scored 13 points all season. This season I decided to be a little more conservative. I'd go out and just be happy with whatever I could accomplish. I put up an All Star Season, 19 goals, 25 assists on QCC's third line. I did all of this while playing behind MVP Big Z and future MVP Mew Two. How amazing is that? I mean lets put it into perspective. Those two alone could outskate and outscore 90% of the J and probably all of Kelowna. I was just happy to get what I got and next year I hope I can do and be as good as they are. With them, we are a powerhouse and I am glad to be their teammate and I hope their as glad to be mine because I feel like this is our season.

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid439558

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Well, I would say it was a bounce back season for me in my sophomore year in the SMJHL. After a complete failure of a rookie year, there wasn't much chance of me trending downward other than disappearing completely. My goal for this season was to put up some solid numbers on both offense and defense and finally get my name called in the SHL draft.

This season, I finished with 12 goals and 20 assists for a total of 32 points. One of the highlights of my season was definitely being selected for the SMJHL all-star game alongside a number of my Berserker teammates. I also finished with a +/- of 4, 7 points on the powerplay, and 79 hits. Unfortunately my giveaway to takeaway ratio wasn't great, with 69 (nice) giveaways and 24 takeaways.

Lastly, it looks like FHM has given me an average grade of 61 out of 100, with an offensive grade of 54 and defensive grade of 66. I'm hoping these stats will be enough to propel me into the SHL draft.

[S78] #14 C | Jon Garfield
[SMJHL] Regina Elk

[S58] #72 LD | Shion Okamoto
[SMJHL] Newfoundland Berserkers | Former Captain | S60, S62 Four Star Cup
[SHL]   Chicago Syndicate | S64 Challenge Cup
[IIHF]  Team Japan | S60 Gold
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2021, 06:39 AM by kikish18.)

[Image: Screenshot-1.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
[Image: Screenshot-3.png]
[Image: Screenshot-4.png]
[Image: Screenshot-5.png]
[Image: Screenshot-6.png]
[Image: Screenshot-7.png]
[Image: Screenshot-8.png]
[Image: Screenshot-9.png]
[Image: Screenshot-10.png]
[Image: Screenshot-11.png]
[Image: Screenshot-12.png]

Overall, this was a pretty good sophomore season for Kickz Jr. Although spending an additional season in the SMJHL is not something that I am used to out of my SHL experience, I understand that a lot has changed in the league that has created a significant divide between juniors and the major leagues. Having been on a Newfoundland team that finished at the bottom of the league rankings last year, it was a totally different experience being part of a winning team this regular season. I shared minutes down the middle in the top 6 all season and got to play a number of different roles on both 5 on 5 and special teams. Finishing the season with 40+ points and a +17 rating. Playing down the middle to help the team due to an abundance of wingers has also been a lot of fun. This season I got to see a lot of success in the faceoff dot and really allowed myself to play a more defensive role on a team that had a young defensive core.

I'm excited for what the playoffs bring as the regular season was a ton of fun and more than I could have hoped for at the start of the season. (210 words)

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

This was my player's, Lyle Odelein III, first season after regression.  I did not really know what to expect, with have to loss 10% of my hard earned TPE in the offseason, and my team, the New Orleans Specters, going through a re-build of sorts, I knew it was going to be a rough season for winning games and it turned out I was right.  With only 10 wins on the season, this was by far the worst season in franchise history and the only season in which we didn't make it into the playoffs.  At times in was rough, but we know we've got a whole lot of help coming around the corner, so there was always light at the end of the tunnel.  As for Lyle's individual season, he had a decent one.  With 10 goals and 24 assists on the season, Lyle had a solid season in the offensive zone but where he really shined was on the defensive side of things.  Leading the league in shots blocked and was second in takeaways all while adding 170 hits, Lyle's defensive skills were the ones on display the season.  What will next season bring?  I can't wait to find out!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

This season hasnt been great especially compared to last season. I got 19 goals and 43 assists for a total of 62 points. I came 2nd in the league for points and had the most assits. This season i was only able to get 15 goals and 19 assist for 34 points. I had a few more shots than last year but my shooting percentage went down from 12.84% to 9.8%. I also went from a +18 down to a -23 and also took more penalties. I was making more hits (28 to 76) and blocking more shots (65 to 90). I was still able to do well on the powerplay with 17 powerplay points.

The Raptors this year was able to win 1 more game than last season and finish with 1 more point but unfortunatly didnt finsh first in thier division. In the first round of the playoffs we was able to beat Anahiem 4 games to 3.

Obviously I did worse this season than last. Not by much, but noticeable enough. The entire team did worse, except Slap McShotty and Frans Eller who both did their best to try and keep us in a playoff spot. Personally I scored fewer points and had a worse stat line almost across the board. The one stat I improved on, finally, is the takeaways to giveaways ratio. It's something I've been working on since enter the SHL 4 seasons ago. I've have a sub 1 ratio since my first season. But not this time. This time I ended up above 1. Not by too much, but I'll take 1.2 anytime compared to recent years.

That was really my main goal this season. We knew going into it that we were overall gonna do worse with the departure of some high TPE players and the addition of some prospects. I love calling people up, but of course it always lowers the average team TPE. But I'll gladly sacrifice a season now for future golden years.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

PBE Welfare Claim

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Well being one of the oldest players in the game to still be doing it. I personally had a career year as a i set a couple SHL Records for Hits and penalty minutes. To top all of it off i will be collecting my first piece of personal hardware in almost a decade. This piece is a bit different than my last though, as I was once deemed to be the most important player to my organization via the awards committee and the other players. This piece is one that i have been after for a couple seasons now, i believe 2 or 3 seasons now. This piece is one that really shows the testament of my teammates perseverance. This piece is one that shows how strong the Atlanta Inferno Penalty Kill is. This piece is named the Turd Furgeson award and it is coming home to papa at the awards show.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Well this season I posted SLIGHTLY better stats than last season. I had two minutes less TOI but managed to score 9 more points even though I had that loss. I'm not pleased by any means. I was under .5 ppg. But I also spent the season a bit over 1k TPE. If I was a top earner maybe I would have done slightly better but who knows. To be honest, I didn't even really think about the kind of stats I was hoping for this season. I was just excited for Tampa to finally start to have some players fill the gaps. Hopefully next season I can put up another 10 more points on top of this season. While TBB might not be winning a ton of games, since we just barely missed the playoffs. We are going to have a lot of our team peaking between 2-5 seasons from now. So I would expect all of us to really start to pop off. If not next season, then it will happen in S60. I will say, this first player for me has been a huge learning experience. I am really excited to see how all of us  Barracuda start to perform in the next few months.

[Image: panico.png]

Coming into the season as an S56, I expected -- and was ultimately told -- that I should expect maybe 15 points on the year, would be lucky to put up 5 goals, and should expect some struggles. I was younger than most players coming in, I was more inexperienced. I didn't have a dynamite SMJHL season to come off of (led my junior team in points, but still under a PPG). But coming into San Francisco I found immediate success as a bumper on the first PP, and great success on the 2nd line on the team. I was able to pot 25 goals, put up near 50 points. I was #1 on my team (and 8th all time) in scoring, and #3 in points, 2 points behind veteran Sven Svensson. I have never been more ecstatic (in 6 different players) in my rookie season. I am so proud of my GM's and coaches for believing in me and giving me that season

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I entered this season believing it would be my last. My body i breaking down and I am no longer the player I was in my prime. (Even if that only lasted for one season.) It became clear very quickly that this was going to be a losing season for the Specters, but I gave it my all until I was traded to Texas. This trade gave me some new life and helped me surpass my pervious Point totals from last season. I went from being on the top line of a team in rebuild to a third liner on a legit contender, which gave me the ability to use my skills on lesser (but not by much) talented players. I believe I have excelled in this new role and as the Playoffs begin, I sit here and wonder if maybe I have one last full season in me for any team looking for a free agent next year.