Create Account

S58 PT #6 Your Season

This season has been sligthtly underwhelming for Kaapo Kampainen. After taking control of the first line after many departures in Anaheim, Kampainen was looking for a big improvement offensively speaking, but that didn't happen, with just 35 points in 66 games, eleven goals and twenty-four assists. He also has a dreadful -17 differential. For someone who likes to praise his defensive game, it certainly doesn't look like he's good defensively by looking at that atrocious -17. He only had five minor penalties, so that's a positive, because Kampainen felt like he had a lot of those last season. The thing he's most proud of is his takeaway to giveaway ratio. He had 48 takeaways against 12 giveaways, good for a +36 differential, good for the first rank in the league for forwards (don't quote me on that). His playing time also increased, but the production didn't come with it.

The Anaheim Outlaws had a disappointing season, finishing at the bottom of the Western Conference. With so many rookies in the roster, it was kind of expected. They had a good showing in the playoffs and late in the season, so things are looking up for next season, Kampainen's last with the Californian team.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

PBE PT 24-2

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

My season was interesting as I switched to Center after we lost Maximus. So I was playing a different role. I hit a new milestone for goals and was actually leading the league in goals for the first half of the season. I couldn’t keep up the pace but still finished in the top ten and led the team in goals with 35. My overall points were down. I played alongside Kondos too and he should be getting a Rookie of the Year Nomination, one he should win. So it was nice to say I got to play alongside him in his first season. He’s a future star if he keeps it up. Texas did really well this season and are poised to lead the West for a while. We didn’t break the record for points as we really slowed down at the end. But this was a solid season all around. Hopefully it doesn’t go to our heads.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Well, this past season was my rookie season in the SHL level, having been called up from the Nevada Battleborn to the Winnipeg Aurora's inaugural roster. I didn't expect to do well, but I had hoped for at least a decent season, and I don't think I did terribly, per se. I ended S57 with a 20% shooting rank, among top in the SMJHL. This season, I was 5 for 77, which is a dismal 6.49% shooting rank. I also managed to go -24 this season, although I was on the third line with another rookie, so that was to be expected a bit. My hits actually dropped like a rock from the J's, going from near 100 to 31. I was -16 on turnover, with 26 giveaways and 10 takeaways, so that was a bit better than I had anticipated in all honesty. I also had 16 penalty minutes, which is more than I would have liked but is also okay. I don't think I got any penalty higher than a 2-minute, which would mean I was penalized in 8 of 66 games, which I'm pretty happy with. Overall, this season was not as good as I wanted, especially that +/- of -24, but I was not displeased with it either as a sub-800 rookie. Hopefully next season I can have a shooting % closer to ten and a +/- that's closer to 0, or -10 if I have to.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

This season was an eventful one for Joorgustraad DuBolk and the Tampa Bay Barracuda. Not only did Joorgustraad do fairly well his first season in the SHL, the team made huge strides as a whole. With Joorgustraad, he scored 14 points this season, which while it isn't bad for a rookie, he feels like he can step up his game for next season, especially as Tampa Bay becomes more and more playoff ready. In comparison with his cousin Joln DuBolk, he really didn't do as well, considering Joln's 22 points, though to be fair, he did play with a rookie Gunnar Soderberg and a rookie Olivier Cloutier. Overall, he was a small part of a major revival for the Tampa Bay Barracuda this season, just barely missing out on the playoffs, which primarily was caused by one of the toughest schedules in the last half of the season. If there's something to look forward to, it's gotta be how both DuBolk and the Tampa Bay Barracuda will develop over the next few seasons.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Well, my player Valtterri Kauppinen's season was certainly underwhelming, especially considering the standards he had set the season prior with a junior career high of 57 points, a season where he was nearly a 30 goal scorer and had also notched himself 27 assists. With the onset of season 58, the Vancouver Whalers were set to do at least somewhat decent compared to their prior performance - especially with an incoming class of new draftees as well as the continued growth in skills and experience of previous players. Kauppinen started the season off very slow, and only did decently until the end, all in all this season he got 41 points, with less than 20 goals scored for the team. He was also nominated to be the captain of the Whalers in his twilight season in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, so that was definitely a high point of the season and it may have just been what caused him to regress from his previous season: the pressure of leading a younger team through its games while also worrying about your callup to the majors at the end of said season. It can really get to a player.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

My season went, well, horribly. This was way worse off than I had ever expected it to go. I was adjusted to a power forward role, as I moved away from center. I had some success with hits, but the thing I pride myself on is my defensive play.

This is where things took a turn. My GA/60 was terrible. My SA/60 even worse really. I was barely a positive for the team in terms of possession. I don't know why, and I know we need to work on it. However, it was extremely disappointing to me.

Beyond that, I've always been a decent goal scorer and only had 10 this season with just 35 points. I definitely had a major dip this season that I wasn't expecting, but the team still took the division and ultimately that was all that mattered for me. Hopefully for next year we can find a path to success, and maybe see a return to form for myself.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

PBE pt

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

my season this year was a lot like the other roller coaster season I've had here in the shl. There were a lot of ups and downs and it was painful the entire way through. I slumped hard at the beginning of the season and even harder towards to end to finally succumb to my teammate bobby sharp in the points scoring race. Its one of the last real goals I have before I start getting older and my play starts declining so I really think that was my last shot at it. It's all downhill from here and I was extremely upset to once again come JUST short of another goal. It's starting to become a recurring theme for my career, just falling short of the mark. First ballot hall of fame might be the next big milestone i fall short of after a long grind of years in my carrer.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

PBE affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Hugh jazz switch to defense this season, he was always known as a defensive forward when he played forward. He might have been one of the best, always maintaining possession being hard to play against in terms of physicality and trying to get the puck back, trying to get the puck off him. A switch to Defenseive seem natural to him as he was a guy who wanted to make sure his own end was protected before going on the offense, he wants to play as a five man unit. He really doesn't care about points but more of a possession beast, who takes the puck away a lot and helps his team win. He succeed in that as they were the best team in the eastern conference and he had one of highest corsi's in the league. He is known turning into one of the best defensive defencemen in the league now.

Hartmann had a breakout season in his third year in the SHL. Paired with two talented players in Jon Forty-One and Barrett Blackwood, he followed up a 45-point performance in S57 by exploding for 28 goals and 60 points, being on a point-per-game pace for much of the season. However, this wasn't all sunshine and roses. Hartmann's defensive performance took a step back from where it was in his first couple seasons, with fewer hits, blocks and overall contributing less on defense. Hartmann was also incredibly streaky, alternating periods where he looked like a game-breaking winger with stretches where he contributed absolutely nothing of value to the Blizzard. Overall, it was a better season than predicted for Hartmann, who has improved a lot from his underwhelming 5-goal rookie season in S56. 

Next season will probably be the big test for Hartmann. He's due for a contract extension kicking in next season, and he's going to have to start proving he can drive his own line and justifying the 1st round pick the Blizzard spent on him.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I believe the right winger Jaska Seppala's of the Buffalo Stampede season was pretty darn well. He registered 46 points in 66 games while only playing a small amount of ice time, 18 minutes or so a game. Jaska Speela scored 18 goals had a plus minutes of 23 and only registed 2 penalty minutes. This was up from 37 points and 16 games last season. HIs shooting percentage went up a tad but not as much as I'd like. Although a 12% shooting percentage is pretty decent. This just means for next season hopefully I get the playing time I deserve and I score even more points. Jaska Seppala also played no power play minutes which makes the point total even more impressive in my opinion. Jaska Seppala is also doing pretty well in the playoffs being one of the top earners of the team. Hopefully next season he will be even better but who knows

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

oh hell yeah another point task where I can talk about my shitty player and his achievements in the fifty eighth season of the simulation hockey league let's go it's what i look forward to every week is a new point task to talk about what my player has done during the season woo hoo. ok so this season guy zheng was legitimately not a bad player if we're going to be honest. sure there were some growing pains with him transitioning to forward and walking away from his stellar seasons as a defenseman (much better seasons than @Gwdjohnson by the way (btw)) but i think if you take that into account, it's been a very successful season so far. he got the second most points on the atlanta inferno which is great. he really managed to do what he was supposed to do as the second highest tpe forward on the team, which is to sit next to hotdog and hope for some points and hopefully help him out with scoring some points as well.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

RESO: Last year, I was a man who lived and died by the power play. I was a great asset in terms of getting points, but defensively, I was somewhat of a liability. Kinda ironic considering the position I play. This year, I feel that I am more rounded as a player, and that is something that I a proud to take in, even if I didn't hit the spikes of last year.

Compared to my previous season, I am much better in the 5v5. I managed to get 23 points this season (only 5 of it came from the power play) and I added physicality to my game, earing 92 hits and 79 blocks. This is a part of my game which i am proud to have developed compared to last year. As for time on ice, I believe I am the team leader. This the one thing I am happy to have kept from last year. For now, I will see to improve my craft and earn some cups whilst doing so.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle