Create Account

Local Guy From UK Reaches Two Years on Site, AMA
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2021, 10:30 AM by ProjectSaint.)

Code:
Ready to update

Date is 28th of March (Hard REEEEEE), time of first post is 7:36AM BST, and I have just reached two years on site.....................yeah, life is good.

For those who may not know me, I'm ProjectSaint, currently the GB IIHF Fed Head and the man behind Emeka Valentine-Okoli and Ren-Ekelemchi Shimizu-Okoli. I have never done an AMA before and I'm just very confused.

So then, AMA (Or any of my guys, we all good for answering)

----

03-28-2021, 03:18 AMThatguy91 Wrote: What is your favourite memory in the league?

Proudest moment as a player?

What part of the sim league experience has surprised you the most?

Why is Colorado the best J team?

1. PS: This one is relatively easy. The S50 Raptors road to the SMJHL Finals is my most cherished moment. Its my first big moment on the site that I was part of and, even tho we lost, I heavily enjoyed the moments the team went on.

2. PS: I'll give these answers to EVO and RESO since they would have a better answer for this.
EVO: Yeah, PS already mentioned this part, but that run we had in S50 was something special. Even though I now hate the Calimari org, they played very well and were worthy challengers. I don't think I managed to reach those heights in the SHL since. IIHF is a whole different story though.
RESO: I've only just finished my 3rd season in the SMJHL, so my experience is most definetly more shallow that Emeka's. I don't think I can say that I've had a poudest moment, but only because I've been equally proud to be a Raptor thought my time in the J.

3. PS: Just how hard it is (To me personally) to manage in FHM. Godspeed to @goldenglutes and @PremierBromanov for being great simmers in the IIHF since the switchover, but I've just found it hard to use FHM as a Fed Head. I'm still trying though and I aim to develop a winning managerial style, but for now, its a hard grind.

4. PS: Simple: Best LR in the J. Welcoming, helpful, willing to push together, everything you need in a J team. Doubt I would have lasted anywhere near as long if I wasn't in Colorado.

03-28-2021, 07:27 AMJumbobone19 Wrote: Whats your secret for staying active and interested in the league?

What was the best/ most enjoyable season you had so far?

Is there anything you wish you did differently?

1. PS: I have no definetive answer for that. It was a mix of righting past downs, getting a job here, being part of a genuine LR and outright dedication, curiousity and goals. Even now, I'm certainly ready to come back for a long run when RESO's career reaches his end and I intend on learning the FHM sim engine.

2. PS: As answered with Thatguy, I think S50 is the season I have most enjoyed. However, I also wish to shine a light on S52 and S55, the two seasons team GB truely rocked the IIHF world and claimed gold. The squad to this day is what I am honoured to be GMing: Great guys, great LR and all supportive and willing to chip in. They are part of why I'm here and I wish to help as the squad as much as I can.

3. PS: I wished I had a much better start to life with EVO. I never truely kicked off with him until around halfway into my second season. That was when personal life hit me beyond even the shadow realm with exams. Even now, I try to adjust, but its a better situation than when I started and I try and treat it like the flow of water.

03-28-2021, 11:08 AMValorX77 Wrote: Hey Saint,

Thoughts on this season’s playoffs? Any surprises you’ve seen in the j or the majors playoffs?

Anything you’re looking forward to in the upcoming season?

Thoughts on the upcoming draft class? Any standouts in your opinion?

You’re playing BGO and valor is front your space, he has a holy hand grenade, and he’s one blast away from winning the game. What do you do to stop him?

1. PS: In terms of the Majors, Buffalo's run comes as a surprise for me since I had Toronto making it. Still, to make it past the a Lockdown Defense in Toronto and a wily Calgary team is very impressive. As for the J, well damn played Anchorage. You are clearly rallying behind your GMs and making this year a revenge tour against what the HO gave ya (In all fairness, it was cleaned up). And for personal thoughts, it was a damn exciting one. 7 games against you, Valor and Anaheim, followed by 7 games against the favourites, Quebec. Mental, tho I wish we went further.

2. RESO: I can't exactly say. My fate is in the air and I'm just looking forward to whatever challenge comes up. So who knows, I have popcorn and a boat ready.

3. PS: This draft is going to be an interesting draft, with great players possibly getting picked as late as the 3rd round. The race for the 1OA is between Ryuuji Kawashima (@Raven) and Jay Sink (@Memento Mori), whilst the guys you should also keep an eye on are Sven Svechnikov (@steveoiscool), Fedor Sotakov (@DollaBill) and Jack Nishimori (@qWest). And yes Valor, you too.

4. PS: No definetive answer here, because there are many ways I could choose to screw with you. And you know it Wink

03-28-2021, 11:28 AMhhh81 Wrote: 1. Hey EVO, do you and Fiddler talk about that S50 series often? How often does your fellow GB guy dig in?
2. When are we going to get an EVO-Fitted UFC fight?
3. What hobbies do EVO and RESO have outside of hockey?
4. How much do you think EVO's season playing 4th line center as a rookie helped shape and round out his game as a pro? Do you think playing out of position helped or hurt the young forward?
5. Who are your favorite humans on the site, PS?
6. Be honest, are the rumors that the NEW locker room stinks true? Do they really only do laundry once a week and just toss their sweaty gear into a pile in the corner until Tigole Bitties' mom came and washed it all?

1. EVO: Very sure he's busy with Tampa things, but as for me, internal pain. GB guys are chill with it tho. Any reference are either me being bitter or casual joking.

2. EVO: HEY FITTED (@Fitted2106), WHERE YOU AT CUZ, I HAVE THE CAGE SET UP, PUT THEM HANDS UP.

3. EVO: Well since I have more time for now, I've been able to attend more gaming conventions and tournaments. My eyes have mored towards casting as well, though entering that scene is mad. I know that it would be a whole 'nother decade to perfect my craft there.
RESO: As for me, I've been grinding on some music, manga and webtoons. Yep, the nerdy things, but it brings peace to my mind. I've also been enjoying some D&D and I can't wait to enjoy some sessions with some friends I have made on my travels. I may or may not have also convinced Emeka to join a D&D group as well.
EVO: .............I swear, man, let me be cool.
RESO: XD, sure, but only whilst you, in your words, "geek and weeb out."
EVO: BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

4. EVO: For me, I wouldn't have had that season any other way. I believe that that season as the 4C help me expand as the team's handyman and allowed other forwards to ease in their natural positions. However, this is just for me, and evey player is their own player, so check with each player before you decide to play them out of position.

5. PS: XD oh boy. For those who know me, I wish to be an open and accepting guy. Idm if you have enemies I'm mates with, as long as you keep things separate, I'm happy to be mates with you. And so I know that I will miss out on alot of names, but just know that you all cool with me and my door is open. No Holy Hand Grenades, tho.
@hhh81, you're obviously one of the guys I revere on the site. You helped me find my feet here and have been a very cool guy to hang with.
@JR95 @Citizen of Adraa and @suavemente have been great guys to hang out with, especially when VGK vs SJS are around the corner. Suave knows why :D.
@hotdog is a genuine G and precious to the site.
@goldenglutes and "@PremierBromanov, thank you guys for being great guys and simmers. I aim to pay ya back one way or another.
Colorado Raptors, you guys have been my home since S48, and I've played 7 seasons with you. Everyone who has been a Raptor since I first came around, you have been great guys and I couldn't think of a team I could be more proud to be part of.
NEW, oddly enough, I don't know why, but I still end up popping up jus tto see you guys chilling. Worth it, cause you have a great LR, and I'm pround to see how well you have been doing.
TEX, protect Puoli. He will get you a cup, mark my words. You have a great future and I hope to face ya soon enough.
SFP, another team I just seem to pop in to see. You guys are a chill bunch, and your process will bring success. Key thing for you right now is just team unity, and it looks like you already made great strides there.
SEA, my current team. When I arrive, we'll head in 100%, full e and slapping Gabe. No questions asked.

6. EVO: Only Tigole and Eller. At least Eller has Clean Kosti to chew him out, but Tigole...................geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

03-28-2021, 02:56 PMbdu754 Wrote: Hey how do you get the beeg yoshi

RESO: You can only get the beeg yoshi after you acquire the sire................or head to Seattle, that too.

03-28-2021, 02:57 PMDollaBill Wrote: Appreciate the mention

PS: Ay man, keep balling out and being you. You already doing a great job and I can't wait to see your future play out smooth and fruitful

03-28-2021, 03:03 PMFitted2106 Wrote: Whisk fighting the kid

EVO: LETS GO CHAMP

03-28-2021, 03:43 PMRaven Wrote: Thanks for the shoutout as a potential 1st overall pick. Going to be fun to see how draft day pans out.

PS: Sure will be, and I'm gonna be all eyes on who will be drafted this season

03-28-2021, 06:17 PM5ympathies Wrote: favourite new england memory?

PS: "THE FUCK IS A WANK LEAGUE" - Andreas Wank + All NEW VC Moments

(Ik its after grading, but it must be said as well. RIP Dangel, you were such a cool guy to hang with, and I only pray that you up there vibing in heaven)

03-28-2021, 08:00 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: You're doing a great job Smile

PS: So are you, Broski

03-28-2021, 08:32 PMMemento Mori Wrote: In contrast with Raven, I'm going to ask where you last got your eyes tested seeing as you think Jay Sink is a potential first overall pick. So that I can not go there.

PS: Welp, if you wish, here is the address.

12 Sky Eye Close
Yellow District
Farbanti
Erusea
Continent of Usea
Strangereal
MB1 15AF

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

What is your favourite memory in the league?

Proudest moment as a player?

What part of the sim league experience has surprised you the most?

Why is Colorado the best J team?

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Updated

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Whats your secret for staying active and interested in the league?

What was the best/ most enjoyable season you had so far?

Is there anything you wish you did differently?

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

Lord Raiden                Rocky Gislason

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Updated

Hey Saint,

Thoughts on this season’s playoffs? Any surprises you’ve seen in the j or the majors playoffs?

Anything you’re looking forward to in the upcoming season?

Thoughts on the upcoming draft class? Any standouts in your opinion?

You’re playing BGO and valor is front your space, he has a holy hand grenade, and he’s one blast away from winning the game. What do you do to stop him?

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

1. Hey EVO, do you and Fiddler talk about that S50 series often? How often does your fellow GB guy dig in?
2. When are we going to get an EVO-Fitted UFC fight?
3. What hobbies do EVO and RESO have outside of hockey?
4. How much do you think EVO's season playing 4th line center as a rookie helped shape and round out his game as a pro? Do you think playing out of position helped or hurt the young forward?
5. Who are your favorite humans on the site, PS?
6. Be honest, are the rumors that the NEW locker room stinks true? Do they really only do laundry once a week and just toss their sweaty gear into a pile in the corner until Tigole Bitties' mom came and washed it all?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Updated

Hey how do you get the beeg yoshi

[Image: gLIi4AC.png]
[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]

Appreciate the mention

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

Whisk fighting the kid

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Updated

Thanks for the shoutout as a potential 1st overall pick. Going to be fun to see how draft day pans out.

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

favourite new england memory?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Updated