Create Account

S58 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 09:57 AM by marco999.)

15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE (3/16)

New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

+3 TPE - SMJHL Milestones

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) 5/16

Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

I believe being immune to offsides, penalties and icing offers a bigger advantage than having six skaters on the ice, simply because it allows you to cheat, giving you a greater advantage. You can just keep a player in the offensive zone waiting for a pass, or you can always dump the puck without risking an icing. While having six players on the ice is cool and sounds good on paper, we often see it in empty net situation and it rarely results in a goal. Getting the advantage of getting over the rules seems like the bigger advantage and would increase your chance of winning. You can prepare facing six skaters, but it's harder to prepare against no offsides, icing and penalties.

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) 8/16

If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

I have a lot to do to help my team reach the finals next year, after all, the Anaheim Outlaws were dead last in their division this season. We were able to give a little scare to the Colorado Raptors in the playoffs, but overall it was a disappointing season. Being the oldest player on the team alongside my goaltender, I'll need to be able to get better production out of my wingers, as my offensive abilities aren't where I want them to be at the moment. Other than that, I must use my leadership better to lead the numerous young players to victory and hopefully win more than a few playoff games. As for the SHL, I was recently traded to the Edmonton Blizzard in a blockbuster trade, so I don't think I can have much impact at the SHL level next season, but I'm confident the team can do well without me. In short, my goal next season is to get better offensively to take some pressure of the young players' shoulders with the Outlaws.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) 10/16

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

I think the best team not to reach the finals in the SMJHL were the Kelowna Knights. We're talking about the best regular season team in the league with 109 points and fifty three wins. They had eleven more points and seven more wins than the second team in the league, the eventual champions, the Quebec City Citadelles. It's gotta be disappointing for the Kelowna Knights after they made a big trade in the offseaon with the Anaheim Outlaws to get two 425 defensemen. The team was stacked from top to bottom and given their regular season, the Knights were poised to be the champions from the get go. I don't follow the SHL that much, so I can't really tell who has been a disappointment.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant. (11/16)

This question is kinda hard to answer for me, because I'm not really a fan of either logos to be completely honest. I think the Steelhawks logo is too simple compared to the other logos in the league, while the I really don't like yellow on hockey logos and I don't like dark green in general, so a mix of the two isn't ideal for me. To be honest, I don't really care about a team's branding, I'm just here to play hockey, but if I had to choose between the Steelhawks and the Stampede based on their logos, I'd choose the Steelhawks.

a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this? (12/16)

The Hamilton Steelhawks come into the series as the bookies favorite, but there's something the Buffalo Stampede can do to give themselves the upper hand. Nothing can beat good coaching in hockey. The Steelhawks lost some games this year, they aren't unbeatable. The Stampede can build a gameplan designed to beat the Steelhawks system and play the game to their advantage.

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why? (13/16)

To me, defence wins championship. If your team is well built defensively and has a good gameplan, your defense can shut down the best offensive teams. When an offensive team is struggling, they get frustrated and make more mistakes that you can take advantage of. However, I don't think there's a definite answer to this question in hockey, as things can change quickly, with penalties or injuries.

16. Written, 3 TPE (16/16)

I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

For the last thing in my CW post, I'd like to take a moment to thank @Keygan and @"TommySalami" for welcoming me in the Blizzard family with open arms. I've had a good time talking with both of them and you both really seem like good people. Hopefully it's the start of something good between us.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

Well to no body surprise the Buffalo Stampede stayed true to themselves and preached a defensive approach to the game.  Again a top team in the league in that regard even though they came out flat out of the gates and had many fantasy users worried about their goalie selection.  So on that note, I would have to say that was one surprise of the season on how they righted the ship!  But an alarming stat for me, even bigger than the one mentioned prior, is the fact that the Hamilton Steelhawks did not totally dominate the league....again!  This season they seemed some what normal, but why?  They still added huge pieces in the off season and one would think they would pony up on last seasons stats.  But the only stat that got inflated would be their defensive game as they gave up mush more goals than they are used too.  169 goals against compared to 147 last season.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
These are two very storied franchises, what is each team's all-time top 3 forwards, top 2 defensemen, and top goalie? Why did you choose them? For graphics people, make a graphic showing both team's starting lineups and some key stats.

Well this is questionable and its up for debate, I have not been here too long and so I am electing to go with what I know best.  Lets start with the Steelhawks, and again, I warn you I will be choosing players that I know.  Aaron Wilson for me is the face of the franchise and also has 301 points in 398 games played in his career.  Michael Scarn also has impressive offensive numbers but he adds that bonified power forward look with 256 hits.  And to round off the forwards I go with Theo Morgan who compliments the other two quite nicely.  On defense I will go with Hugh Jazz cause his name is unique and also racked up the points collecting 41 last season.  My second defense man is Samuel Michaud, first off his name sounds french and I am from Quebec so yeah and also he is an offensive threat at every moment picking up 56 points last season.  in net, A Jobin, why not, he is all I hear about in Hamilton!

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?

Well looking back to the season series it is quite a toss up if you ask me with the series being ties 3-3!  So if Buffalo want any success they have to go back to watch some game tapes where they shutout their opponents on two separate occasions.  Hamilton does not compare defensively to the Stampede.

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?

Seeing I am a goalie I will lean towards defense for sure.  That said, I cannot pick one for either team, the bottom line is that the team has to buy what the management team is selling.  There is an old saying, " you can bring the old horse to the river to drink, but if the horse doesn't want to drink there is nothing you can do for him."

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

I will not choose but will make a ist of pros and cons, for you to decipher: I like blue more than green or yellow, Hawks seem like a cleaner nicer smelling kind of animal than a Buffalo, I've been to Buffalo and do not recommend it to anyone and for what its worth, I think for some weird reason I would prefer the Buffalo locker room! 

d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

Well this is an easy one, lets take a look at the top players from both team and pick inni minni minni moe!  And why 4 players?  Is it playoffs or not?  Anyway, Bobby Sharp, Michael Scarn and Monkey D. Luffy.  Yes I am going with the top 3 scorers of the league and  three forwards.  My one defenseman is Alexander Selich, snap I got this for sure man.

Code:
15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
New this season, Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114645
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): TBD

SMJHL Milestone +3

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
I loved this as a mPT when hotdog did it last season, so I'd like to bring it back as a permanent fixture. After all, we could all use a little positivity every now and then. Say something nice about another member or members, no word limit.

Wow well this will have to be a shout out to all my boys in the Colorado locker room for keeping it popping at all hours of the day/night and of coarse my future in Seattle, the management guys are always ready to help me.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

While these two teams are no strangers to the Cup finals, we did see some very interesting things this season. Looking back, what do you feel was the most surprising part of the season?

It has got to be the fact that the Texas Renegades didn't make it to the cup finals. As far as how the regular season shook out, there were not really any major surprises in regards to the standings. The bad teams were bad, the good teams were good, and the rest somewhere in then middle of the two. But damn was Texas a force to be reckoned with during the regular season. While one other team in Hamilton did manage to crack the 50 win mark (at exactly 50), the renegades finished with 54 wins while scoring a league leading 283 goals and allowing almost the least goals at 136. That's an absolutely dominate goal differential of +147. For a team to be that consistently dominant for such a long stretch of play and then fall short right when the games matter the most. That has got to hurt. Have to image Texas will be very hungry next season.  

2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Oh no, the head honchos of the league are worried that there aren't enough story lines for the finals! Therefore they're changing the rules for the finals. The home team will get to choose to either a) play the whole game with 6 skaters on the ice at a time or b) be immune from penalties/offsides/icing. Whatever the home team chooses, the visitors get the other perk. Which one are you choosing, given the choice and why?

Initially I was actually thinking I would take being immune from penalties/offsides/icing because that would allow you to put pressure on the opposing team in so many different ways. It allows you to send a dangerous scoring down the ice to cherry pick and look for breakaways/easy exits by allowing teammates to simply throw the puck down ice in your direction because they also don't have to worry about icing. But then I thought, having 6 skaters easily allows you perfectly counter that. Have your defenders adjust so if they decide to cheat somebody down to ice you simply send one guy back to shadow him and shut that option down. You have now taken away their attack strategy as well opened up more ice while still a man up. I'll take 6 guys.

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

If you're sitting at home watching the Finals: What do you plan on doing differently next season to help your team reach the promised land? If you're playing in the Finals: Is there anything different you plan on doing next season to continue your team's success?

I'll apply this to the J as Newfoundland missed out on a shot at the cup after a very promising run as well as the fact that I'll be back in Newfoundland with one more crack at bringing home a cup. Throughout my three seasons so far in Newfoundland I have gone from riding the 3rd pair on a deep team to cup finals defeat, to a solid contributor on the 2nd pair on a team having a bit of a down year, to the number one defenseman on a top three team that just couldn't quite get there. After a quick rebuild with some incredible drafting, free agent signings, and player development, the Newfoundland Berzerkers promise to be one of the most dangerous teams in the J last year. The answer to the question, "What will you do differently next year?", is simply. We will win the cup. And I won't be happy unless we do. 

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?  

I'll do you one better. I'll tell you one from each and then which team not making it was the bigger upset. The best team in the SHL to not make the finals was as I mentioned in question 1 was the Texas Renegades. They had an insane goal differential of +147 and have four more wins than the next closest. The best team in the J to not make the finals was the Newfoundland Berzerkers. This team was deep and dangerous and will be winning the cup next year. Ok fine QCC was maybe a little bit better this season. But not by much. But I would have to say between both the SHL and the J I was most surprised that the Texas Renegades didn't make the finals because they were clearly the most dominant team in the SHL over the regular season. 

a. Hamilton finished 13 points above Buffalo in the standings this season. What is one thing that Buffalo can do to give themselves a leg up despite this?

Win. The regular season is long gone and merely a memory at this point and doesn't mean a thing in regards to this series. Just show up right away ready to play and if all goes well you can sneak a game 1 win to put yourself in the drivers seat.

b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?

I think this question is misleading. Buffalo was 4 goals from being tied for 1st in GA while Hamilton was 22 goals from being 1st in GF and were the third best offense rather than nearly the best defense. I think Buffalo wins. Defense wins championships right? 

c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

Hamilton Steelhawks no question. I feel like like the Buffalo name/logo is too similar to the Buffalo's NHL team and one of the colors is even the same. Plus it is packers colors so have to hate it. Love the Steelhawks Jerseys/colors/whole identity.

d. It's all come down to this: game seven overtime. Which four players are you sending out to win the game for you. This is in a fantasy sense, so feel free to mix and match from both teams.

Going with Aaron Wilson, Samuel Michaud, Michael Scarn, and A Jobin. Going all Steelhawks, going all scorers. Get the puck in the net and the game is over so lets quite messing around. Please for the love of god Wilson you better hope that 5 FO rating comes in clutch. Get Scarn open. Get Scarn puck. Lift Cup.

Milestones

Code:
100% the most surprising part about this season would have to be the Chicago Syndicate, the reigning Challenge Cup Champions, missing the postseason entirely even after being 6th overall in the entire league (darn Great Lakes Division). In addition to that, the team had the second best goal differential in the league with +110 which is only behind the Renegades' +146 goal differential. I haven't been on the site for long, but to see a Cup Champion fall out of the playoffs is shocking to see. Then on the other hand of the spectrum, there's the Tampa Bay Barracuda and the San Francisco Pride who I'm sure many expected just to be far down in the league standings. However, they saw a very competitive season, especially the Tampa Bay Barracuda who were fighting until the very last day for a playoff spot. Ultimately, this season looks a lot more balanced compared to previous seasons which brings surprises with only the Specters being out of the race early.

+3 TPE

Code:
I'll be honest here, although 6 skaters on the ice is basically a continuous powerplay the whole entire game, what good would it do if the other team can straight up take the entire other team out of the game? I'm not just talking straight up illegal hits with intent to injure. Even without injuries, the other team can pick fights whenever they want and they never have to sit in the box. On the other hand, the team subject to penalties would have to continuously sit their potentially star players 5-minutes for fighting. Just rinse and repeat until the game goes from a 6-on-5 to a continuous 3-on-5. The odds are certainly in favour for those that are omit of penalties. No icings and offsides are just the cherry on the cake.

+2 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?
While this player still has a number of solid seasons ahead of him, I think that Andreas Kvalheim has Hall of Fame in lock. He is a 4 time Jeff Dar Trophy winner for best two-way player and has been manning the Texas Renegades' top line for a long while. This season he finally saw his hard work and dedication for the team flourish as they came out with the Presidents' Trophy, adding more hardware to his collection. The Texas Renegades are a strong team and their window just opened. If Kvalheim can capitalize on his remaining seasons on the team like he did in this season with 71 points and 160 hits, I can definitely see a more nominations and made even more trophies headed his way to add to his Hall of Fame career. Of course, a Challenge Cup would without a doubt seal the deal for him and Texas is in a prime position to help obtain that once, if not more than one time. Even without the Cup, an argument can be made, but as I said, the Cup would really propel him as a first ballot Hall of Famer without a doubt.

+3 TPE

Code:
I feel like there's nothing much more that Ryosuke Sato can do other than what he is already doing in continuing to work hard in all aspects of his game, and encouraging teammates throughout the season. However, if there is one thing about Sato's abilities that I can pinpoint, I would definitely like to improve his defensive and physical categories. This would include his checking, positioning, defensive read for his defensive attributes. As for his physical attributes, the mission to become the fastest player in the league continues as I look to improve all physicals from speed, agility, balance, acceleration, stamina, and strength. Although this might not all occur in one season, the goals are definitely there to help propel the team and to start becoming a more prominent player on the ice. Right now, I would say Sato is still a bit of a liability so to potentially be able to help drive a line instead of holding it back would be a step in the right direction. 

+3 TPE

Code:
Although there may be some hometown biases, I think the best team to not make the finals would be the Toronto North Stars. They were 3rd in the league for points (albeit with a poorer goal differential compared to others) and pushed the Buffalo Stampede to a Game 7 overtime game after leading for majority of the game. Them not being in the finals was certainly heartbreaking as although they faltered a bit against the San Francisco Pride, the team looked ready to take on the pressures of the final. With this outlook, the North Stars should be back in the races again next season.

+2 TPE
Code:
a. For Buffalo, I think they have to stick to their game and try to win through their defense and try to get better puck luck. The Hamilton Steelhawks are a defensively sound team like the Stampede, but on both ends of the ice they are just able to execute better by scoring more on their shots and reducing the number of shots against. Buffalo has been not as lucky with their leading forward Bobby Sharp shooting at 4.94% and Doyle with a 0.908 SV%.

b. Although the series may show otherwise, I still think defense wins championships and it just so happens that although the Buffalo Stampede have a good defense, the Steelhawks aren't too far behind so yes defense wins with sufficient offense to supplement it. Soley great offense or defense can only get you so far, but if I had to choose one it would be great defense.

c. I really like the Hamilton Steelhawks colours. The contrast is really good in comparison to the Buffalo Stampede where the green and the yellow kind of blend together for me. The third colour for the Steelhawks really brings their colour scheme and branding all together. Not to mention, their logo is clean without the Stampede's circular outline.

d. Right now, I think the correct answer is A Jobin in net as he has been the better goalie in the playoffs so far. Samuel Michaud on D as he plays the full 200 foot game, with the two forwards being Aaron Wilson and Aron Hernadivic, a goalscorer and passer to complement each other. 

+4 TPE

Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.
For me, the playoff MVP would have to be Samuel Michaud of the Hamilton Steelhawks. Michaud has just hit his prime with the Steelhawks taking over top line minutes with no signs of nervousness. He is almost a point per game in this playoffs as a defenseman, while playing the full 200 foot game with over 35 hits and 40 shots blocked. Michaud also plays on both the powerplay and penalty kill logging the most minutes for the Hamilton Steelhawks so without a doubt he is the most valuable for the team based on how management is playing him. There is certainly tough competition from the forwards, but for me Michaud takes the title of MVP.

+2 TPE

Code:
S58 Milestones Claim

+2 TPE

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
More @Moreorless89 has been nothing but the best since I've met him and it has been amazing to be his teammate and friend. I wish nothing but the best for him going forward irl and in the league as Luffy Richard continues to grow as a player, jumping up the ladder of players. Plus, we already Luffy Richard > Monkey D. Luffy... The Luffy-Sato connection continues and they are looking to stick together for quite a while with the North Stars!  Heart

+3 TPE

16/16 TPE (+8 TPE extra in case)

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

1. The most surprising thing to happen in the junior hockey league this season in my opinion came from Quebec City Cittadelles sophomore Mew Two leading the junior league in points. 
This man (or psuedo God) hasnt been allowed to rise to his full potential yet due to the junior leagues soft cap. If we're thinking about this in pokemon terms, at the moment Mew Two is in his standard form. Next season he will be mega evolving into his more powerful form Mega Mew Two X or Y (depending on if you like the large head appendage). But anyway what I'm saying is, Mewtwos season has been surprising and impressive. He's been a demon on his line in QCC and a terror for opposing defences. I Dread to face him again next season. Here's hoping some of that terrifying QCC line breaks up before the start of next season and Mew two gets Thunder waved, slowing him down and occasionally missing turns. (3TPE)

2. I would be choosing the option to always play with six skaters on the rink. This would give me an opportunity to constantly run an enforcer/goon without losing a skill position. My assumption here is the other team will either get injured or still get put in the penalty box for fighting. Giving us a constant 5 on 4.
6 on 5 also means at the end of the game if we are down a goal on hops a 7th player and out goes the goalkeeper giving us a 7 on 5 overwhelming the other team even with them being allowed to ice etc. (2TPE)

4. This season St Louis were knocked out in the first round of the junior playoffs. We took those dirty boats to seven games and could have seen them off but alas not this year.
Next year we will be changing up how we act in the locker room. Gone are the days playing poker and drinking beers pre game. We are wheeling in a new era. One of spinach smoothies, chicken and rice and protein shakes enters. Gone are the days of shooting up smack, hello new era of team anabolic steroid use.
Parties will no longer be keggers using Dane von Guccis many hot tubs. They'll instead include activities such as book club and yarn weaving.
But more likely we'll instead start pouring laxatives into the other teams waterbottles. Making sure they actually shit themselves on the ice.
Most importantly I suppose though, in order to make the finals next year we at St Louis need to win more games than we lose in the rest of the playoff series. (3TPE)

6. Listen to me here. This might come as a surprise but the team I believe are going to shock the world soon (hopefully this season) is Austria!
Yes you heard that right folks! Austria.
Now we may be a very small country, however we have a very large youth contingent growing up through the ranks. They do have another couple of seasons before the youth contingent manages to grow into the big leagues but do you know what's going to happen before then? The old dogs are going to have to make a push to stay relevant. And this is the year its going to happen. We're probably still 3 seasons before the majority of the juniors take over the old guard but the old folks will really want to make a push to make sure they stay relevant during the handover.
There has been a culture shift in the Austria locker room, it has gone from one of dispair and resignation to one of hope and joy.
Keep your eyes open this year for these Austrian menaces to tear up the tournament and take over. (3TPE)

15. Milestones  (2TPE)

16. I missed out on this one being in the junior league at the time it was posted but I got tagged in a couple of them so here it goes.
Eric, Blitz & Sparky Dee have all been fantastic GMs even if we haven't had a huge amount of success in St Louis recently.
Nic & Joe - thank you for believing in me enough to trade up for me in the draft. I won't let you down and can't wait to help turnaround the Specters alongside some great people.
I've really enjoyed nerding out about books with Huck Arkz & Amid in NOLA and again, I can't wait to actually take the ice with you.
But once again, to all of the birddogs - you guys have kept me sane over a rough couple of months towards the end of 2020 and have really felt like a family going into 2021. Who knew sim leaguing would help you find such great friends around the globe! (3TPE)

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

13 TPE

4. (3 TPE)
This is my last season with Quebec City Citadelles and I am playing in my first (and last) SMJHL finals. At the time this article was written Quebec is leading 3-1 so there is big chance we will get the cup we wanted so badly for last two seasons. Since I will go and play in SHL next season I could only change things if I could turn back time. If this would be possible I would change my player skills just a bit. I am happy with my faceoff skills (leader in faceoff win percentage in last two seasons), if team have puck then they can score and will not receive goal. But I would invest a bit more points into defense skills. I believe that is my biggest downside so I guess I would sacrifice some of my stamina, bravery and acceleration to raise checking, hitting positioning and shot blocking. Changes would be minor since you don’t change horse that is winning and I am only 1 win away from getting that Cup.

5. (2 TPE)
Best SMJHL team that did not reach finals is for sure Kelowna Kings. They were the best team in regular season with 109 points. They had 7 more wins than second team – Quebec City Citadelles. They also had best defense, second best offense and best GF/GA ratio. So they were big favorites not only to get into finals but to win the cup. Now why they did not reach finals? Because of weird playoff format they faced Quebec City (second best team) in semifinals. Quebec was in similar position last year being by far the best team in league and losing in semifinals against Armada. Now Quebec got back what they deserved last year and eliminated Kings. I guess there still is some sort of justice around here.

12. (2 TPE)
b. I believe best defense is offense that is why I think Hamilton is in better position than Buffalo. You can not win if you don’t score that is why I think offense is more important that defense. Of course defense can sometimes stop great offense but on long term good offense will beat good defense.
c. Here I must go with Hamilton Steelhawks. I like everything about their branding more than Buffalo. Since I like birds a lot their name and logo looks much more attractive than Buffalo. Also with my favorite color being blue and yellow I really like their jerseys a lot. I am indifferent regarding city. Well my favorite team would be Seattle Eagles with color scheme similar to one Hamilton have.

15. (3 TPE)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008813

16 (3 TPE)
It is perfect time for this: after 4 great seasons with Quebec City where I had a chance to participate in building team from ground up (team Quebec City Citadelles was established 4 seasons ago). So first of all I would like to thank GM @Evok and her assistant @Faelax. After last season’s blow in semifinals you two didn’t give up and (hopefully) this year we will get this. Of course I have many nice words about all my teammates; guys that already left and guys that came in in last three seasons it was nice to play with you all, but biggest cheers go to S56 teammates that started this team with me and will lift this cup before going to SHL. So @AL GRINGO, @Matteo, @LimJahey, @kentakira, @ztevans,@Salming,@Keven and @enigmatic : Guys it was a pleasure, good luck in future (inside this game and in real life). Cheers to all!!

[Image: Zyhl0FL.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 08:23 PM by MrStennett.)

Code:

Barrett Blackwood Milestones (3/16)

Code:
Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I have met a lot of great people since joining this league, most of them on the two teams I've played for. I may forget some people, but here we go:

I'd love to tag all of you, but the website is being a real SOB right now, so hopefully, some of you will read it.

My Blizzard boys: Keygs, Sean, Julio, Noka, Finn, Karl, Er, Boom, Smatt, Van, Snoop and even the old guys: Moof and CK. You've been great and even though I know I'm not around much, I feel extremely lucky to have had all of you as teammates. Even though we haven't gotten it done yet as a team, I've had a blast and we're going to get back to winning that title next season.

And now, for my fellow Crows: Fishy, Mika, Huck, Fuzz, TML, Nic, Noah, Rankle, Silver, and anyone else I may have somehow forgotten. First off, let me say, RIP Dangel. You were one hell of a teammate and gone far too soon. You all were my introduction to this league and a huge part of the reason I've made it this far. You're a great bunch of guys and we had a hell of a lot of fun in that locker room. (6/16)

PBE PT Affiliation (9/16)

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Affiliate claim 3 tpe
(ISFL -https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid445891 )

Task 8 - Graphic - 3 TPE
[Image: SWctm01.png]

Task 9 - Graphic 3 TPE
[Image: yRdmEMb.png]

Task 12A - 1 TPE
Buffalo needs to play a well disciplined game to be able be able to beat the Hamilton Steelhawks. Dick Clapper, Nicholas Owens and Bobby Sharp all have picked up quite some PIMS in the regular season, while Hamilton knows how to stay out of the box. If this trend continues and Buffalo keeps falling in the trap, they will have no chance to win. Their main focus should be to remain out the box and try to lure Hamilton in their own trap.

Task 15 - 3 TPE - Milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008826

Task 16 (no word limit) - 3 TPE

Some nice words about another member: Tate. Tate is our lovely goalie in Los Angeles and we all love him very much. We love him so much that I can’t hate any of his players in other leagues either, despite it being the main competition for positional awards. I hope we will see him shine like a star in Los Angeles for many more season!

Total - 16 TPE

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

16/16 TPE
Task 1 – 3 TPE
It was a season of many similarities, while still being a season of new beginnings. It was incredibly surprising for me and honestly refreshing to see Toronto, after so many seasons of disappointment and perpetual rebuilding, make a statement that they were no longer the doormat of the Great Lakes division. They were favored at one point in the playoffs over some of their Eastern Conference powerhouse rivals. Another fun thing that occurred this season was Tampa Bay and Baltimore’s steps forward. With those two teams emerging out of the trenches of mediocrity at the same time as New England, it will be interesting to watch the Atlantic Division play out in S59. The biggest surprise for me, however, was the word that SHL GMing legend Esa announced that he would be stepping down from his post as Calgary Dragons General Manager. That man is synonymous with SHL hockey, and the “Big Parm” culture that the Dragons franchise is known for today.
Task 2 – 2 TPE
If I am the Buffalo Stampede, I am opting for the immune from the interference from the on-ice officials. I can post someone at the opposing circles and ice it down to them all game with no repercussions. Sure, you’re likely to get pinned in a few times against a strong 6-man Hamilton Steelhawks squad, but you’re bound to get 4-5 breakaway opportunities a game and with Buffalo’s skill set, they will not miss many of those opportunities. Hamilton will have to seal the boards up tight to make sure Buffalo can’t rim the puck around the glass for the easy out and potential breakaway. Doyle will likely go long minutes without action and that can be hard for a goalie to go from nothing to suddenly facing a breakaway situation.
Task 4 – 3 TPE
Well, I am the starting goaltender for the New England Wolfpack. If the Wolfpack want to somehow climb the ladder of relevancy, we’ve done a great first step by acquiring stud defender FR Finn-Rhys. He solidifies an otherwise young and promising, but raw, defense corps. With Finn-Rhys on the blue line, I feel like our roster has been significantly stabilized. I project that we will have two defensemen break 1,000 TPE this upcoming season in Leonids Balzams and Teylora Petrov, which are fantastic milestones for these young defenders. Oscarsson is already beyond the 1000 TPE threshold, and Kenvald is just behind Finn-Rhys as he blazes a trail to the illustrious 2,000 TPE threshold. We could use a bit more production out of the offense, but a lot of that will be coming eventually from the development of Bas O’Bigbers and Jonathan Granstrom who will likely see one last season down in the SMJHL for S59.
Task 5 – 2 TPE
I believe that the Toronto North Stars were the best team to miss out on making the finals this season in the SHL. They trailed only the Texas Renegades and the Hamilton Steelhawks in the overall standings, and in my opinion, Texas got to feast on a weaker Western Conference to inflate their point totals. Toronto has one of the best goaltenders in the league in Harry Carpet, and have an outstanding top 6 forward ground and their entire defense corps are lights out. Even though it didn’t work out for Toronto this season, the hard work they’ve put into overcoming a steep divisional obstacle is obvious and they’re poised to make another run at a Challenge Cup for S59.
Task 12 – 4 TPE
a. Buffalo can look to use their physicality and veteran leadership to give them a leg up on the Steelhawks. It’s true that Hamilton has experience and leadership as well, but I don’t quite put them on the same level as the Stampede. If everyone on the Stampede can sacrifice the body for the team, I think they’ll bridge the gap that the standings seem to indicate exists between these two teams.
b. The unstoppable force vs the immovable object. A tale as old as time. I don’t see this situation quite in the same way that this question is positioned – I believe these two teams are well matched. I believe that the results in the scoring and standings are simply a standard deviation and a result of chance for the gap in the standings. With that said, the mantra in hockey is defense wins championships. It doesn’t matter how many goals you have the capability of scoring if you’re shut down.
c. I really prefer the Buffalo Stampede’s branding over Hamilton. The green and yellow really pop together, and the logo is super clean. I really like Hamilton’s new branding over what they used to run with, but it is still super bland in comparison to what the Buffalo Stampede have.
d. I am rolling with veterans in this situation – Aaron Wilson on the wing, Michael Scarn at center, Alexander Selich on defense alongside Hugh Jazz. It’s surprisingly Hamilton heavy, but I am confident that this lineup could be lethal against most four man units that other mastermind GMs could craft.
Task 15 – Milestones – 2 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3008856

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother
(This post was last modified: 03-31-2021, 11:28 AM by AW13.)

Code:
Affiliate
PBE PT

Code:
15. Milestones
SMJHL Milestones

Code:
16. Write Something Nice
To my Petrov brothers, most specifically @Muford @ckroyal92 and @"Panda" I was not sure I was going to create again in SHL after an interesting career with my first player, Leitner but bringing the Petrovs back here was something that I thought would bring some fun into things. Was awesome being able to recreate with friends and have some players to play alongside. I would not say this career so far is going swimmingly so far but I believe all yours are so that is great! Hopefully we can play together one day as Petrov brothers!

Code:

a. Points are not always the most important thing and it can just be that the team just went on a bad run at some point in the season and considering 13 points is just about a 6 win difference it is not like that is what separates the pretenders versus the contenders. Buffalo just needs to use their momentum they have going and continue to play their game and they can contend with Hamilton any day of the week.

b. That is definitely an age old question and typically in most sports defense winning championships is what it comes down to however in a way it seems to be shifting course just a little over time and offense is becoming more important but not sure if it is the most important. In the SHL I believe good offense and good goaltending play is going to be key in this one and defense while important won't matter as much. Give me the offense here and who can have the best quality shots versus quantity.

c. They are both pretty solid and historic SHL franchises but in terms of the overall feel of the branding I would have to go with Hamilton on this one. The steel color and Steelhawks branding is much cooler I believe while Stampede is probably more common and the green and gold reminds me of a knockoff North Dakota State University branding. The NDSU comparison has me jumping to Hamilton and while I am not Canadian and I have no idea anything about Hamilton, Buffalo kind of seems like a boring city with awful winters.

d. The first players here have to be the de-facto stars of each team and the points leader for each in Bobby Sharp of Buffalo who has an MVP case this season and Michael Scarn of Hamilton who has consistently been a top player in the league. Next I am going down to wingers in Monkey Luffy and Theo Morgan and adding their goal scoring and point getting ability as well to this. For goalie I am taking Buffalo's Elizabeth Doyle as she has consistently been one of the best goalies in the whole league and can win games virtually by herself.

Code:

This one is an interesting one because this entire season I had been playing for the Vancouver Whalers and while the season did not go super great we did win a playoff series and took top team Kelowna to 7 games as well so it was pretty successful. Rikki Petrov overall was a pretty successful player and finished as one of the top point getters and assist men in the league and was one of the best players in the playoffs before the Whalers were knocked out of the playoffs. Rikki spent the entire season in the farm of the Minnesota Monarchs who were not a great team but not the worst as well and it is a team that definitely seems to be growing their core and being able to do some things in the future. It remains to be seen whether or not Rikki will be making his way to the Monarchs' roster next season with not being under contract next year but there is speculation that Minnesota may be offering an extension offer but the young forward may be headed to free agency again before deciding on it but the off-season for Petrov is still young.

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Code:

The most surprising event of the season was San Francisco extending their first round playoff series against the Toronto North Stars to seven games. I imagine most people, had there been predictions for that round, would've predicted a sweep in Toronto's favor. Mayyyyybeeeeee Toronto in 5 games. But I highly doubt many (anyone) would've predicted a seven game stressful series. San Francisco's roster is worse overall, they're worse on offense, they're worse on defense, they're worse in goal, they were much worse during the season, they essentially had no advantages over Toronto. And yet they won three games out of seven! that's almost half! Another surprise was Chicago missing the playoffs. They are a good team so how could they have missed playoffs! shaking my head my head at FHM playoff structure; it's a shame that a team that talented had to miss out, but such is life I guess. The Great Lakes division isn't shaping up to be any easier next season, either.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

The progression of Norway has been slow and steady since around S49/S50. We started to get an influx of new creates, including a lot of max earners, and as those players begin to peak, this team should be really scary in the near future and I think we take another step towards that this season. We're probably not quite ready for the gold medal contention, but as we saw in the SHL this season with Texas and Toronto, leaps can happen pretty quickly so I'm hoping we'll surprise a bunch of people one of these seasons. We have stars like Eko van Otter and Andreas Kvalheim still at high TPE while younger players like Samuel Michaud, Adam Scianna, Daniel LaForest, Axel Meszaros, and a bunch of even younger players are skyrocketing upwards. I reckon we'll fare a little better this season than last, and we'll keep repeating that until we cement ourselves as finals contenders. Perhaps this season Latvia will win the whole thing. 

Code:
Which players, if any, do you see as locks for the Hall of Fame? As in, if they're career ended today they're in. Anyone on the cusp? Anyone on the right track, but still needs to put up a few more great seasons?

For this I'll choose a player who is already at the end of their career and about to ride off into the sunset - DeMaricus Smyth. The two things that'll really help your case for making the Hall of Fame would be an extremely high peak and excellent longevity - and Demaricus Smyth has both. At this point, it seems a distant memory, but Smyth was a perennial MVP candidate as a forward back in the late S40s, winning the award in uhhhh i want to say like S47 I think? After this impressive peak, Smyth changed position to defense and continued racking up stats throughout the S50s. In the late stages of his career, as a member of the expansion Atlanta Inferno, Smyth reinvented himself again as a gritty mean tough guy defenseman, collecting at least one Turd Ferguson award, consistently finishing top 3 in penalty minutes, and setting the all-time single season hits record for any player. The peak alone was probably enough to get Smyth into the hall of fame, but the added longevity and versatility through reinvention have absolutely locked this in stone. 

Code:

Gotta go with Mitchell van der Heijden here purely based on the challenge cup winning goal back in season uhhhh 54 I think? for New Orleans. Kid's got the clutch gene. I'll also go with Monkey D Luffy, who I think scored a similar challenge cup winning goal in season 55. On defense, I'll go with Samuel Michaud, whose ability to get breakaways would keep options open for a risky maneuver late in the game. And uhhh I guess Alexander Selich too why not. 

Code:

S58 Milestones - 3 TPE 

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I would like to thank my co-GM @goldenglutes for being an excellent co-GM and helping me out with things and contributing to the LR culture and doing everything that a co-GM should do. sometimes is awake and asleep at weird times which is kind of cool, keeps things spicy throughout the day.

= 16 TPE

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:

I think this is really a no brainer. Sure, having the extra skater is nice. That's why powerplays are so important and can swing the balance of a game. But the catch here is that the team that's down a man can do literally anything to get the puck back. Throw sticks? Yup! Trip/hook/slash at will? Sure, why not! It would still be tough to get anything going offensively, as the other team could really clog the middle of the ice, but I think that the advantage that you'd get from being free of all rules is a large enough one to make this an easy call for me.

Code:

So this will be my fourth season on the Raptors. After being traded there about midway through my first season, we've really improved a ton. We've grown at a good pace, drafted well, etc. And this year, we took a really good Quebec team to seven games. I'm proud of that. But I think personally, Jarmo just needs to do more of what he did in his sophomore season. Last year was just a down year scoring wise, and he needs to get back to that ASAP to lead the Raps to the promise land. I definitely think we're a favourite, but that could be helped by a more consistent season from the Finnish Flash. In terms of my IRL self, I need to be more active and get back on track earning TPE and leading the team. I've fallen behind a bit in terms of TPE and my draft class, and I need to make sure to keep earning so I can help my next team, SFP!

Code:

I'm going to be a bit of a homer here, but it's got to be my Colorado Raptors! We've got a few awesome vets in Dolphin and Makinen. They'll likely be gone next year, but they gave us some solid, skilled, veterans. Our group of S57s has to be one of the best, Jarmo, Ruggs, RESO, and a guy who is probably the best goalie in the league, Yanno Rosejac. Our younger guys are studs too, we have like four guys who will probably be first rounders in the draft this weekend. I don't think it's a surprise that we didn't make it, but I do think we've got a super underrated team and one who will be bringing home some hardware next season.

Code:
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

So, IIHF/World Juniors always seem to be a bit of a crap shoot. This all happens so fast, I think it mostly comes down to sim luck. But looking at the rosters, I think Canada pulls it out. My forward to watch i the tournament is Jon Forty-One. Terrific player who seems to shine on the international level. My defenseman to watch is Guy Zheng. Veteran presence who has already won three golds in the IIHF. For goaltending, it's really a tough call. How about Tibuk Soonika from Switzerland? Recently set the all time SHL record for shutouts in a season with 13, and had an amazing year in S58. Look for him to continue that play into the IIHF tournament.

Code:

+3

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE

I guess I have to say some nice things about my management in Colorado here. Birdman and Jumbo. Both guys have been phenomenal since I got to Colorado. Not just that, but both were super understanding when I went inactive for a bit. I felt bad about bailing, but I'm glad I came back and the response they gave me made me know that it was the right move!

16/16 TPE

Code:

Link to claim +3

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021, 03:52 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Quote:2. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
That’s easy. The only right answer to this question is B, be immune from penalties, offsides and icing. Because the other team may be allowed to play with 6 players, but that would imply they would have 6 players who would be able and willing to get out on the ice. I’d instruct my players to just start whacking every opponent in the head with their sticks. Starting with their goaltenders, and their head coach. No goalies, no coach, and sioon no players to field would mean their ‘ohhh we can use 6 skaters’-advantage will pretty soon be super useless. Aint nobody gonna get out on the ice when there’s five guys and a goalie waiting to take your head clean off and not get a penalty.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Score more. I only scored 19 goals this season, and that’s not nearly enough. I need to shoot better, hit my target more often. And I need to do it without dropping the ball on my assists, and while working on my defensive qualities as well. It would be like, super helpful if I didnt give away pucks like candy when I was out on the ice. I feel like Fulton Reed in the Mighty Ducks movies, after everyone figured out his game plan and the team just stole the puck away from him when he raised his stick for a shot. Overall I just think I need to work harder, be better and stop sucking as hard. Especcially early in the season, it was like my head was still on the beach while the rest of the league was already out on the ice. I was nowhere to be seen, and that can’t happen again.

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
The Detroit Falcons had a great team this season. We had seasoned vets in offense, with a couple of good rookies backing them up. We had a killer defensive squad, and a great starting goalie. We even had a fantastic backup, who was absolutely stunning in all of the games he started, no matter the competition. The only thing we lacked in our series against Anchorage was luck. As close as that matchup was, the coin simply fell the wrong way for us. There is always next season though, and we will definitely be back even stronger, with just one goal: the cup.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
Win games. The absolute best way to win a playoff series is by winning more games than the other team. In this case, Bufallo just needs to win more games than Hamilton in order to win the cup. And the best way to win more games is obviously to score more goals in every game they want to win. Scoring more goals than the opponent is what wins you games. And like I just said, winning games wins playoff series, and winning playoffs series obviously wins cups.

Quote:b. Hamilton was 3rd in the league in GF this season. Buffalo was 2nd in GA. This begs the age old question: what will win out, a great defense or a great offense? Why?
The best defense is a good offense. Or was it the other way around? Im not sure. Well, while scoring goals is the goal of the game, preventing goals obviously means you have to score less to win games. The regular season however has shown that Hamilton did a tad bit better than Buffalo, therefore it appears that scoring goals is more important than preventing goals, and therefore scoring goals wins out.

Quote:c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.

I have always liked the Hamilton Steelhawks branding. The logo is pretty fire, I like their hue of blue, and the location, while I still have no idea where the fuck Hamilton is on a map, has a nice ring to it. I don’t dislike the Stampede either though, Buffalo is a good hockey city and I was literally today years old when I got that it’s a stampede of buffalos.
Fine, just for that pun Buffalo wins.

Quote:15. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

4 SHL Milestones

Quote:16. Written, 3 TPE

@KlusteR, a special shoutout to you. I really appreciate everything you do for us in Minny, and look forward to the future with you and Gibbles taking the Monarchs to the playoffs.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Code:
To me, the biggest surprise is seeing the Texas Renegades finishing first in the whole league. Not that the Renegades are a bad team, they definitely had a strong roster this season and will be good for the foreseeable future, but it feels like forever since the first team in the league came from any other division than the Great Lakes one. In fact, this has never happened in the FHM era, althought it was tied one time, in season 55, between one Great Lakes team (the Buffalo Stampede) and one Northwest team (the Edmonton Blizzard). Without going too deep into the whole problem of divisional imbalance, it's clear that the rise of the Toronto North Star this season in the Great Lakes made the teams in this division cannibalize themselves towards the standings. Meanwhile, the Renegades capitalized on a weaker division and overall a weaker conference. It's still surprising because we've been so used to a Great Lakes team finishing first.

Code:
The very obvious choice is to go with 6 skaters at all times. Not taking penalties makes it so I always have 5 players on the ice. Having 6 skaters at all times makes it so I always have, well, six players on the ice. Sure, there's also the "no offside, no icing" part of the deal, but I can't see how being able to clear the ice anytime we want beats having an extra attacker. Another way to see it is a perpetual 6 on 5 powerplay for the team that chooses the first option, with the other being down one player but still able to clear the puck. Unless you can work wonders with the no-offside perk, the choice is obvious.

Code:
I see a few, but the first two that come to mind both made their case with the same team, although one is now not playing there anymore. The team is the Buffalo Stampede and the players I'm thinking of are Elizabeth Doyle and Cassius Darrow. They both had huge roles in the success Buffalo has had in recent history. We must remember that Buffalo is an old franchise, dating all the way back to season 26. Yet they hadn't won the Challenge Cup a single time before these players came. Of course, they did not do it alone and a lot of these other also have a great chance to get inducted in the Hall of Fame, people like Monkey D. Luffy and Augustus Wang. But Doyle has been posting impressive stats year in, year out for Buffalo and Darrow is still one of the best fantasy players, fighting off regression and now playing on an expansion team.

Code:
I think this year's IIHF tournament has a lot of surprises up its sleeve, same as it always does. I'll speak for my own country of Finland, I think we have a better chance to go deep in the tournament than we had in the last few seasons. We have one of the best goalies in the league to keep our net safe, a real juggernaut in Harry Carpet. We also have the first roster that contains no capped junior player in a very long time, giving us a good depth both offensively and defensively, Still, this is a rather young team, with lots of players still far from regression, so I don't expect us to win it all already this season, but I think we can definitely come close and maybe even cause a surprise. I'd be the first one to be surprised, but it'd be a welcome one.

Code:
c. I don't love any of these two brandings, but if I had to choose I'd go with Buffalo every time. Maybe it's a sentimental thing; I do not like these teams because we're always fighting for the top of GL, but Hamilton has caused us more pain so I associate their branding with unhappiness.

Code:
Claimed 1 TPE

Code:
16. Written, 3 TPE
No word count? @Keenan is the best. The end.

Jk, not the end. People are so nice here, it's incredible. I love you all. Shout out to @hhh81 who must start to feel a bit creeped out by how much I "randomly" spot the slightest typo in everything he posts. @sköldpaddor makes awesome sigs and will be a great DM, so psyched to play a game with you. @LordBirdman and @Jumbobone19 are doing amazing work with the Raptors and I'm glad I wasn't picked because I wouldn't do such a good job. @micool132 est une découverte pour moi cette saison et le nouveau serveur Discord français de la SHL est un petit bijou. So many others, but I ain't got all day and this CW is loooong.

[Image: lespoils.gif]