Create Account

The Disrespect of Fedor Sotakov (2x)

04-04-2021, 12:50 AMDollaBill Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:35 AMSopath Wrote: If GMs get a whiff of an attitude like this, you're lucky to be taken in the 3rd.

Attitude like what, honesty? Do you guys want to hear what frustrates noobs... or do you just want us to STFU and go with it? I mean, I have legit gripes here. A lot of what I've been told about what really matters to SHL GMs and how they evaluate talent is brand spanking new. Why wasn't I introduced to this shit when I started my time on the site!? Would've completely changed my approach.

I'm not even trying to be confrontational here. But let's go over what you did the day before the draft. You called Pasta the Turtle Squirt the Turtle and acted like it was baffling that he was being mocked above you. Dude is a brand new player just like yourself and he's so beloved that several teams debated taking him between 4-9 before Edmonton did at 10. He came in just the same as you with no one knowing who he was and since he's been around and he's built a reputation with his earning and his personality. You've posted but you've not out earned him. And this is going to be the thing people think of when it comes to your personality. You can turn this around but it starts with putting an end to this non sense.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

04-04-2021, 12:59 AMSopath Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:50 AMDollaBill Wrote: Attitude like what, honesty? Do you guys want to hear what frustrates noobs... or do you just want us to STFU and go with it? I mean, I have legit gripes here. A lot of what I've been told about what really matters to SHL GMs and how they evaluate talent is brand spanking new. Why wasn't I introduced to this shit when I started my time on the site!? Would've completely changed my approach.

I'm not even trying to be confrontational here. But let's go over what you did the day before the draft. You called Pasta the Turtle Squirt the Turtle and acted like it was baffling that he was being mocked above you. Dude is a brand new player just like yourself and he's so beloved that several teams debated taking him between 4-9 before Edmonton did at 10. He came in just the same as you with no one knowing who he was and since he's been around and he's built a reputation with his earning and his personality. You've posted but you've not out earned him. And this is going to be the thing people think of when it comes to your personality. You can turn this around but it starts with putting an end to this non sense.

Thanks for solidifying my point. The SHL wants locker room buddies above all. We all hover around the same area TPE-wise, but some of our players are better in the sim than others. But apparently, a player's performance in the sim doesn't matter to GMs. This is the the first time this concept has been pushed to me since I joined the site. And quite honestly, it's mind blowing. I'm all about comradery in the LRs, but this is a player Sim league...and you would think, performance of said player in the sim league matters. It does not. Mind blowing.

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

Bruh at the end of the day this whole thing is just about having fun. People are here to enjoy themselves more than anything, performance matters as much as personality. If somebody is toxic to the locker room then that is gonna kill the enjoyment for other people which will make them less invested in in the site as a whole.

Wasn't sure I'd reply to this....but what the heck. You're frustrated and I get it bud. And this is maybe an example of posting from a place of frustration and possibly it's something you wanna walk back later...I dunno.
What I can say is that I am a total rookie to this site as well. And I am pretty surprised that you're gonna be calling me out here out of the blue, much less accusing me of benefitting from nepotism, favouritism, or for being in some imagined old boys club.

All I can speak to is my own experience, and that is that every GM I spoke to was amazing, friendly and honest (especially my new Edmonton bros). I was drafted on a Newfoundland team that was so welcoming, helpful, and fun that I ended up getting way more invested in the SHL than I would have ever anticipated. My GM's at Berserkers spend time working on my builds, answering annoying questions.... I just can't say enough about how positive and damn wholesome everything is.

I'm sorry you didn't experience that. I'm personally happy to hear that you're gonna keep at it in the league. I think it's an awesome group of people, and I'm sure you're an awesome guy too. Totally get that frustration gets the best of us sometimes. Hoping that you can turn that into some positive energy for S59. Looking forward to our matchups this season.

Cheers, bud

[Image: visceralpotamus.gif]

Kaprizov went 135th. Is this a sign?

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

04-04-2021, 01:07 AMDollaBill Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:59 AMSopath Wrote: I'm not even trying to be confrontational here. But let's go over what you did the day before the draft. You called Pasta the Turtle Squirt the Turtle and acted like it was baffling that he was being mocked above you. Dude is a brand new player just like yourself and he's so beloved that several teams debated taking him between 4-9 before Edmonton did at 10. He came in just the same as you with no one knowing who he was and since he's been around and he's built a reputation with his earning and his personality. You've posted but you've not out earned him. And this is going to be the thing people think of when it comes to your personality. You can turn this around but it starts with putting an end to this non sense.

Thanks for solidifying my point. The SHL wants locker room buddies above all. We all hover around the same area TPE-wise, but some of our players are better in the sim than others. But apparently, a player's performance in the sim doesn't matter to GMs. This is the the first time this concept has been pushed to me since I joined the site. And quite honestly, it's mind blowing. I'm all about comradery in the LRs, but this is a player Sim league...and you would think, performance of said player in the sim league matters. It does not. Mind blowing.

Let me put this simply. Stats in the J don't matter fuck all to GMs. As a rookie I out scored some 425 players because I was on a great team and they were on a shitty team. It also doesn't matter because you cap at 425 anyways and TPE effects, attributes, which effects stats, and so GMs are more interested in your earning than your stats. How you earn per week is immensely more important than your in game stats. And guess what? You earn at about the rate of a solid player in your class. Congrats. So GMs face a dilemma. They have a choice between you and 10 other players who earn about the same who are a lot more fun to engage with. Can you begin to understand why you weren't a first rounder? Heck you weren't even a late 2nd rounder. 25 or whatever is a lot to be proud of when you're taken in such a stacked class.

04-04-2021, 01:16 AMSopath Wrote:
04-04-2021, 01:07 AMDollaBill Wrote: Thanks for solidifying my point. The SHL wants locker room buddies above all. We all hover around the same area TPE-wise, but some of our players are better in the sim than others. But apparently, a player's performance in the sim doesn't matter to GMs. This is the the first time this concept has been pushed to me since I joined the site. And quite honestly, it's mind blowing. I'm all about comradery in the LRs, but this is a player Sim league...and you would think, performance of said player in the sim league matters. It does not. Mind blowing.

Let me put this simply. Stats in the J don't matter fuck all to GMs. As a rookie I out scored some 425 players because I was on a great team and they were on a shitty team. It also doesn't matter because you cap at 425 anyways and TPE effects, attributes, which effects stats, and so GMs are more interested in your earning than your stats. How you earn per week is immensely more important than your in game stats. And guess what? You earn at about the rate of a solid player in your class. Congrats. So GMs face a dilemma. They have a choice between you and 10 other players who earn about the same who are a lot more fun to engage with. Can you begin to understand why you weren't a first rounder? Heck you weren't even a late 2nd rounder. 25 or whatever is a lot to be proud of when you're taken in such a stacked class.

"Nobody gives a shit how well your player performs in the simulator that determines the results that control our simulation hockey league...". 

Think about that statement for a minute and then consider how disappointing it is to hear. I mean, I came to the SHL for the sim league. Not discord, not bullshitting on the forums, the sim league. I enjoy the LRs, but end of day... this is a sim league and that's been my focus. Now, I'm discovering that sim league results are secondary around here

Finland  Raptors  pride

04-04-2021, 01:07 AMDollaBill Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:59 AMSopath Wrote: I'm not even trying to be confrontational here. But let's go over what you did the day before the draft. You called Pasta the Turtle Squirt the Turtle and acted like it was baffling that he was being mocked above you. Dude is a brand new player just like yourself and he's so beloved that several teams debated taking him between 4-9 before Edmonton did at 10. He came in just the same as you with no one knowing who he was and since he's been around and he's built a reputation with his earning and his personality. You've posted but you've not out earned him. And this is going to be the thing people think of when it comes to your personality. You can turn this around but it starts with putting an end to this non sense.

A players performance in their SMJHL rookie season tells very little of his eventual perfomance in the SHL. Years of experience have shown that the best way to create a good team in the SHL is to have a group of good earning, active people and the way to get that is to have a great locker room.

I'm open to declare positional needs a little better, but as other people have stated before, a correction in one way can lead to a bigger deficit the other, so we have to be careful with that.

When you first created your account, you got a PM by me, inviting you to a discord server with all the mentors. We would've been happy to answer any questions before you created your player. Of course, it's understandable if such questions didn't even cross your mind at that point.

If you have ideas on how to improve the way we contact and interact with new players, I'm always happy to hear it. Send me a dm on site or through discord.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

04-04-2021, 01:21 AMDollaBill Wrote:
04-04-2021, 01:16 AMSopath Wrote: Let me put this simply. Stats in the J don't matter fuck all to GMs. As a rookie I out scored some 425 players because I was on a great team and they were on a shitty team. It also doesn't matter because you cap at 425 anyways and TPE effects, attributes, which effects stats, and so GMs are more interested in your earning than your stats. How you earn per week is immensely more important than your in game stats. And guess what? You earn at about the rate of a solid player in your class. Congrats. So GMs face a dilemma. They have a choice between you and 10 other players who earn about the same who are a lot more fun to engage with. Can you begin to understand why you weren't a first rounder? Heck you weren't even a late 2nd rounder. 25 or whatever is a lot to be proud of when you're taken in such a stacked class.

"Nobody gives a shit how well your player performs in the simulator that determines the results that control our simulation hockey league...". 

Think about that statement for a minute and then consider how disappointing it is to hear. I mean, I came to the SHL for the sim league. Not discord, not bullshitting on the forums, the sim league. I enjoy the LRs, but end of day... this is a sim league and that's been my focus. Now, I'm discovering that sim league results are secondary around here

When it comes to the SHL draft? Yes your stats don't mean anything. Because your development isn't tied to stats it's tied to TPE. How you do in your rookie year of the J means nothing to an SHL GM who isn't expecting you for another 4 seasons. But the sim engine is the point when it comes to actual playing. You want the stats to win games. But in the J your stats are more of an example of how good your team is rather than how good YOU are. If you'd played for Maine this year you would've only had like 11 points in 66 games. If you'd played for Quebec City you might've scored 24 goals. That's why stats don't mean shit to GMs.

04-04-2021, 01:22 AMSegi Wrote:
04-04-2021, 01:07 AMDollaBill Wrote: Thanks for solidifying my point. The SHL wants locker room buddies above all. We all hover around the same area TPE-wise, but some of our players are better in the sim than others. But apparently, a player's performance in the sim doesn't matter to GMs. This is the the first time this concept has been pushed to me since I joined the site. And quite honestly, it's mind blowing. I'm all about comradery in the LRs, but this is a player Sim league...and you would think, performance of said player in the sim league matters. It does not. Mind blowing.

A players performance in their SMJHL rookie season tells very little of his eventual perfomance in the SHL. Years of experience have shown that the best way to create a good team in the SHL is to have a group of good earning, active people and the way to get that is to have a great locker room.

I'm open to declare positional needs a little better, but as other people have stated before, a correction in one way can lead to a bigger deficit the other, so we have to be careful with that.

When you first created your account, you got a PM by me, inviting you to a discord server with all the mentors. We would've been happy to answer any questions before you created your player. Of course, it's understandable if such questions didn't even cross your mind at that point.

If you have ideas on how to improve the way we contact and interact with new players, I'm always happy to hear it. Send me a dm on site or through discord.

Boom. Quote this shit and pin it somewhere in the Rookie Guide. And make sure we have something that alludes to the facts:

1. Recreates will always come first, regardless of the circumstances or length of time they were inactive

2. Being a cool person to hang with in the LR matters more than how your player build performs in the sim.

Finland  Raptors  pride

Haven't read through all the comments, but you should claim this as drafted related media

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Congrats on getting drafted into the Pride, Sodapop. Fantastic org you're joining. Go prove 'em wrong!

Except, of course, when you play Edmonton. I gotta justify my GM's faith in me and all.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Bottom line: I stumbled across the SHL while searching for an NHL GM Sim to join. GM Sims where the only sims I've experienced in the past. I gave this site a chance and enjoyed getting into the progression of my created player. I'm very competitive and became dedicated to seeing him succeed in the game. I'm just now being told that his success as a player in the sim doesn't matter nearly as much as how GMs evaluate me and my contributions as a handler.

I didn't join the SHL to be evaluated as a handler. I joined the SHL for what happens in the sim. I can't believe I'm being viewed as a leper because of it.

I have a lot to reevaluate right now. In the meantime, I feel the SHL rookie guide needs to be vastly amended.

Finland  Raptors  pride

04-04-2021, 01:25 AMDollaBill Wrote: 1. Recreates will always come first, regardless of the circumstances or length of time they were inactive

Over half the first round was first generation players though?

1/2/4/5/7/8/10/15/16/18

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Use that anger, harness it. I was shunned and got drafted late af on CC2 and went on to being one of the most productive guys of my class and made the MOST money on contract deals. Got constantly shafted by WJC teams, IIHF, the smjhl draft, the shl draft, the awards committee and the hof committee.

become the coldest russian american sniper around, play for the name on the back and not the logo. JODAN

okay but really. Think of stats in the SMJHl as something others don't think translate, you can use that angle when you're in the SHL and actually producing. Then it's legitimately valid.

Think of TPE as overall potential, and if you earned like 23rd in the draft or whatnot you need to put some more effort in to get to the SHL as fast as you can to prove your worth. positions of need etc all sound great but in the current SHL it takes several seasons for a guy to be of some value for the big leagues and that requires a lot of effort and hard work.

Maybe think of it as teams might think due to your russian heritage you might bolt for the KHL or something when the going gets tough, now you just need to stick it out and show you're the real deal. stay hungry.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]