well deserved Mr.Rhys!

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: OFgxL8R.jpg]
Alex Light - 46 Votes

Challenge Cup Champion (S41, S43, S47)
Anton Razov Finalist (S43)
900 Games Played, 331 Goals, 395 Assists, 726 Points
SMJHL Most improved player award Named The "Alex Light" Award.

I can already hear the Platoon fans in the back going “It's about damn time.” Alex Light has been waiting for this chance for a very long time and now, in his last year of eligibility, he has entered the hall of fame. I know the franchise is in Baltimore now but no matter if it's there or West Kendall, you cannot tell the Platoon’s story without Alex Light.

A loyal Platoon soldier from draft day to retirement, Alex Light was often one of the most underrated players in the league and was one of the main catalysts behind West Kendall’s modern day version of a dynasty. A model of consistency, always putting up the points the team needed him to and always getting over 40 points a season. An inspiring man who pushed his players to the heights of the finals multiple times, his finest season was season 43 when he would lead West Kendall to the Challenge Cup for a second time and finished as a nominee for Playoff MVP.

This is a player who is so influential, not only in the major but junior league as well, that the Most Improved player award is named after him. A true model of earning your way to the top through constant improvement, I am sure that there are plenty of Kelowna legends that are happy to see Alex here.

Thank you Alex Light… for everything you have done for us.

Congrats @Zoone16!!!! At long last!

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Rushes to his seat in the upper balconies

Okay. What did I miss?

The journey is finally over. Thank you! <3

The legend Alex Light

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:47 PM by KenitohMenara.)

[Image: BriK55r.jpg]

Viktor Marius - 52 Votes

3 Time Challenge Cup Champion (S46, S48, S55)
Jeff Dar Trophy Winner (S46) and Nominee (S47, S48, S52)
Aidan Richan Trophy Winner (S46)
Sarmad Khan Trophy Winner (S46)
Anton Razov Trophy Nominee (S48)

790 Games Played, 294 Goals, 345 Assists, 639 Points

After last year's ceremony, many in the hockey world expressed their disappointment in seeing Viktor Marius not receive hall of fame recognition. Many people, especially in the major market of Buffalo, cried out in support for the Stampede legend. This year however, there was no discussion. Viktor was getting in the hall of fame. A player whose tireless attitude and loyalty to his franchise is rivaled by very few and the rewards Buffalo reaped from this loyalty is clear to see.

Viktor Marius spent his entire 15 year career in Buffalo. While the time he spent playing with the Stampede was shorter than other careers on this list, the mark he would leave on Buffalo fans will never be forgotten. His finest moments came in Season 46. The Stampede had waited and waited so long for the Challenge Cup to finally come to Buffalo and, led by Viktor Marius all star season, they finally got the job done. As the main contributor to that success, Viktor would be awarded the Jeff Dar trophy and the Sarmad Khan trophy, presented to the player voted as MVP by his peers. He would lead Buffalo to another cup in Season 48 where would be a finalist for playoff MVP.

A Stampede Legend if there ever was one. Viktor, we truly thank you for everything.

Let’s gooooo we got us a buffabro in there

Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:45 PM by KenitohMenara.)

[Image: RaFwJKE.jpg]

Robert Phelps - 100 Votes

3 Time Challenge Cup Winner (S51, S53, S56)
Ryan Jesster Winner (S37)
Damian Littleton Winner (S41)
1000 Games, 391 Goals, 597 Assists, 988 Points (4th Overall)

Robert Phelps played nearly 20 years in this league. Let that sink for a second. In possibly the most dangerous sport in the world where injuries that destroy careers are common, Robert kept on going for nearly two decades.

His longevity alone is enough to celebrate him but I wanted to go in depth with him because, much like Mike Izzy, Robert is a personal hero of mine.

He rose to the top of the Hamilton Steehawks and would lead them through multiple eras of hockey. He would serve as a mentor to younger players and keep on pushing for glory. No matter how hard the hit or how painful the loss, Robert would keep pushing on, knowing that Hamilton could win the cup, they just had to keep trying.

Eventually, Hamilton would prove him right. Winning the cup first in Season 53 and then, as he entered the final season of his career, Robert wanted to lift the cup one more time. Hamilton would make the run and hoisting the cup over his head, Robert retired after the season was concluded.

A scholar, a gentleman, a champion amongst men, Robert Phelps helped define the league for two decades and his place in Toronto is thoroughly deserved.

Thank you Robert, For everything!

Holy shit!! Yay

Eyyyyy go Phelps!

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Dem Phelps stats. My lord.

Stampede  Kraken

And with this, I now bring this year's hall of fame ceremony to a close.

Before I leave, I wish to offer my congratulations once again to the nominees and the three newest members of the Hall of Fame. You have all had storied careers in the SHL and we will remember you fondly. Hearing the cheers as guys like Alex and Zander get inducted is a feeling I will never forget.

I wish as well to thank the league and the Hall of Fame Committee for giving me the chance to host this year's show after last year. It is such an honour of giving these legends the admiration and recognition they deserve. Hopefully one day, I can look back at this moment as I get my chance to be in this hall.

For now though, from the Hall of Fame in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. This is Alexis Saint-Michel Signing off. Thank you and good night!

Shout out to @KenitohMenara for putting this on for us. Great work!!

Stampede  Kraken
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 05:41 PM by Zoone16.)

Thank you @KenitohMenara for being a great host!

And congrats to the other inductees!