Create Account

[x2 Draft Media] Loooooong Mock Draft and Recap Combo

Let me start by giving a brief introduction to this concept and how I got to this. My initial goal was to release two double payout draft articles, one before, one after the draft. One mock, one recap. Unfortunately, when doing the mock a received some alluring pictures from an inebriated young lady, and I lost all focus. It soon became clear I would not have the mock done to the quality I desired before the draft. So I merged the two into one mega article that I’m sure nobody in their right mind will want to read in its entirety. Anyway, here is my double word vomit to keep me paid for the foreseeable future.

1 . Stars Toronto North Stars ( Argonauts  -> Stars ) – Dane von Gucci - D
So this is a rather hopeful projection. I think I have had good conversations with Toronto and they are certainly one of the top teams on my list of locations I’d like to play in. Toronto is a very strong team, and with a limited prospect base they seem to be focused on refilling the cabinet with an eye to future expansion losses. I expect picks 1 and 2 to be one defender and one forward. In this mock I have these picks as myself and Raven, my ex-co-GM from the ISFL and a player I have told teams that have scouted me about my desire to play with. However, I think it is just as likely that Toronto chooses the other pair of Center/Defenseman/ISFL co-GMs at the top of the draft in Daud Ramza and Jay Sink. I think that the Toronto brass likes the idea of the Adam Barron like defender I intend to create over the next several seasons and hopefully that is enough to sway them in my direction. He will eventually need a replacement, time comes for us all. Yes, I also know how obnoxious it is to put myself at 1OA in my mock but I am doing it anyway.

What Actually Happened?
Stars Toronto North Stars ( Argonauts  -> Stars ) – Jay Sink - D
Well I ended up being right on a few counts. It was just as likely that Toronto would pick one of the pair of Daud Ramza or Jay Sink, as Sink was selected with the first overall pick. It is hard to count myself as being wrong for putting myself at number one though considering that Toronto would go on to take my player, Dane von Gucci, with the second overall pick. It is fair to say that getting some young defensemen in the pipeline was a goal for Toronto and they achieved that here by going with Sink at number one. Early accounts suggest he has been a great fit and enjoying his time in the Toronto locker room so far in his young career.

2 . Stars  Toronto North Stars ( Specters -> Stars ) - Ryuuji Kawashima - C
Realistically, if Raven and I go 1 and 2 overall, he will be the first overall pick and I would 100% be the 2 overall. Over the past few days the lock of the draft seemed to be Raven 1OA. He’s a sim league vet with experience doing just about everything job-wise and has a proven track record of SHL success in the past. Add in the fact that he is an absolute monster of an earner and sits at the top of the class and I think he is an obvious pick here for Toronto. Should he not go here a slew of teams will be ready to throw their pre-draft plans to the wind and line up hoping he falls to them. As someone who has been Raven’s teammate in another league for the past year, I can confirm that he is a bastion of team loyalty and will see out a full career wherever he lands. Home run pick for Toronto that only highlights how fortunate they are to sit where they are after the lottery.

What Actually Happened?
Stars Toronto North Stars ( Specters  -> Stars ) – Dane von Gucci - D
I mentioned in my write up for the predicted second overall pick that it would be far more likely that Kawashima would go with the first overall pick than Dane von Gucci, and that ended up being spot on… kinda. While Kawashima and von Gucci were not the top two picks, both would find their way to Toronto in this draft. Von Gucci ends up at second overall here as Toronto chooses to double down on defensemen early in the draft. Should they be able to keep the pairing of Sink and von Gucci together, and should both players continue to progress as they have been, it seems likely that the North Stars could have an elite top pairing waiting in the wings for sometime in the future. Let me also just add for my Canadian friends that I’m so excited to be going to play in the capital of Canada!

3 .  Monarchs  Minnesota Monarchs - Sekai Wolker - D
First off, I think it will crush Winnipeg to see Wolker come off the board here at three. Gaia has very powerful ties to the Aurora, and from all reports and intel I have received, she sits atop their board right now. That being said, Gaia has been very clear about being open to going to any team in the draft, and Minnesota are rumored to have her at the top of their board as well. I should also mention that Gaia has been touted as a potential top two pick to Toronto as well. In this mock however, Minnesota does a great job to get a returning user who has proven to be a great earner and top prospect in a very strong S59 class. Gaia can be someone they build the future of their blue line around and that has to appeal to a Minnesota team looking to emerge from a rebuild. Another possibility is former Minnesota defender, Ethan Bouchard (fever95), who is a teammate of mine that I know would love to play in Minnesota again.

What Actually Happened?
Monarchs  Minnesota Monarchs - Sekai Wolker – D
So I got this one right, one of just three picks in this mock draft I actually got right. Luckily the picture became a bit clearer as the draft drew closer, and all was not lost in terms of TPE. Minnesota stuck to their guns and grabbed their top defensive prospect with the third pick. This made the top three picks in the draft all defenders. I guess we will have to wait and see if Edmonton broke the streak or if they saddled up a defender as well.

4 . Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard ( Wolfpack -> Blizzard )  – Daud Ramza – C
What can I say about this pick except in this mock, the SHL world is turned on its head as Daud Ramza once again is drafted above archnemesis, Anchorage’s Jay Sink. At this point there are two centers that are generating huge draft buzz in Ramza and Hefeweizen. Edmonton made an aggressive play trading a top defender and receiving a package that included this high draft pick in return. They clearly need to replace that defender but rumor has it they have one in mind who they believe they can land at 13 (their second pick of the round). Here they make a big move to land an elite center who they believe they can build around into the future. Ramza is a name I fully expect Los Angeles to be sniffing around as well, but in this case, they are beaten to the punch by a savage trade that lands Edmonton their guy.

What Actually Happened?
Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard ( Wolfpack -> Blizzard )  – Sven Svechnikov - D
This pick ended up being a surprise to me, not because the player taken was not worth the pick, but because all of the buzz until the day of the draft was that Edmonton was targeting this player at their second pick, which at this time was pick 13. Edmonton ended up sticking with the trend and going defenseman here at the fourth pick and extended the streak to the top four players in the draft all manning the blue line. At the end of the day, everyone knew that Edmonton was looking defense and I’m sure they’re excited that they got their man here with New England’s pick.

5 . Barracuda  Tampa Bay Sand Lions - Alexis Saint-Michel - W
Rumor has it a prospect has already reached out to let Tampa know she is no longer interested in playing there after the recent rebrand, but I do not think that would have any effect on Tampa’s decision here. The SHL and sim league vet/power earner, ASM, lands in a spot where I think he will fit well. ASM is an individual I met a few seasons back in another league and had the opportunity to share a locker room with. He is a supportive and enthusiastic sim league member that writes great media and will probably end up as this year’s SMJHL Rookie of the Year. He came into Vancouver and made an immediate impact, and the Sand Lions will hope he can eventually match that impact once he finally gets his shot at the SHL with them. Another great pick in a draft where it seems hard to miss at this point.

What Actually Happened?
Argonauts  Seattle Argonauts ( Barracuda -> Argonauts ) – Daud Ramza – C
First observation is that the rebranding in Tampa that was passed out on April 1st, was rather predictably an April Fool’s joke that went right over my head. Too many seasons in PBE I guess will make any branding believable. Once this trade was made there was never really a doubt who was going here. Finally, a forward is off the board! Daud Ramza’s user, Blasoon, had come into the league stating his desire to play in Seattle. It was a natural fit as he has plenty of buddies on the team, is a huge fan of the city of Seattle in general, and I know he is a huge history buff (though I believe Medieval history is his forte) so the team’s branding even works for him. Seattle moves up just like the pick before them and lands their man. Really good move that should benefit them well into the future.

6 . Panthers  Los Angeles Panthers ( syndicate  -> Panthers ) – Robert E.O. Speedwagon - W
LA goes with a consistent sim league vet pick here. This was one of the toughest picks to project in the draft as the Panthers have been pretty tight lipped when it comes to their picks. Speedwagon is a recreate of a user of high repute in GoonerBear. I fully expect him to go higher than most seem to be predicting here with two days to go until the draft. The Panthers are pretty well off on the backline in terms of prospects, and I could see this being a winger pick. Speedwagon was productive as part of a good Newfoundland team this year in the juniors league, and LA will be hoping he can keep that up (especially the winning aspect) when his eventually joins up with their big leagues lineup. Like I said, this pick was hard and hardly certain, but it would make sense for the Panthers to go best player available here and grab a sure-thing prospect like Speedwagon in the first.

What Actually Happened?
Stars  Toronto North Stars ( syndicate  -> Panthers -> Stars ) – Ryuuji Kawashima - C
Well we got a huge trade, that’s what happened! Toronto made an aggressive trade to move back up to get their third pick in the top six. Truly an astonishing bit of draft day magic here that has me confusing ml with Kevin Costner right now. I knew Raven was a user that Toronto felt was worthy of being one overall alongside Mori, myself, and a few other names. I do not think anyone could have predicted Toronto moving up again to land the class’ top earner here at six. After going defense twice earlier, Toronto grabs a forward in Kawashima who will add to the ranks sooner rather than later as he is automatic when it comes to gaining TPE. Like I said, the move itself was stunning, but Toronto felt they were about to miss out on a can’t miss prospect and went all out to bring him into the team. Great move, 10/10.

7 . pride  San Francisco Pride – Miguel Hefeweizen – C
From all reports, San Fransisco’s management is enamored with Maine’s center Miguel Hefeweizen and will take him here if he is available with the pick. Honestly, I understand it. I took ZootTX’s player in the DSFL draft thirteen months ago. Despite not being a great earner early on, he has blossomed into a fantastic earner, member of the locker room, and is now GMing that DSFL team I drafted him on. He has earned just about all of the TPE available to him since creating just before the draft and finds himself in the top ten in the draft (over several players who created before him no less. When GMs asked me what players I wanted to play with in the SHL, Zoot’s name was always one of the first on the list. San Francisco made it pretty clear to me in scouting that they would be taking a forward in the first, so I think you can pretty much lock this one in. If someone else were to go here it would be pretty shocking to me.

What Actually Happened?
pride  San Francisco Pride – Miguel Hefeweizen – C
I was pretty sure on this pick and it would end up being my second correct pick of the mock draft. San Francisco fell in love with Zoot as a prospect, and he filled a direct need for them so there was very little risk in grabbing him here. In a fast and furious draft environment that you see over here in the SHL, it is pretty nice to see a team stand pat and still be able to get their man. I know one of the steals of the last draft, Bjorn Jakobsen, who San Francisco was able to get in the second round despite being among his class’ elite earners. Hopefully Siddhus is giving you a warm welcome in the San Francisco locker room, Zoot. Congrats on the home run pick, Pride management!

8 .  Aurora Winnipeg Aurora – Ethan Bouchard – D
When I think of the biggest recreate names in this draft, fever immediately comes to mind. He is a teammate of mine in St. Louis, and I cannot understate how helpful he is and how welcome his veteran presence has been to all of us fellow rookies. I know Winnipeg’s GM would like to see Gaia drop to this pick, but at least in this mock, that is not on the cards. Should fever make it this far, I fully expect Winnipeg’s front office to be running this pick in to be announced. Besides what he offers to the locker room, Ethan Bouchard is a two-way defenseman who will be invaluable to whichever team decides to pick him up. As an offensive defenseman myself, I cannot speak highly enough about the benefits of playing with a good two-way guy covering my mistakes while contributing to big goals. Aurora land a big fish on defense to help them continue to emerge from their rebuild and hopefully join the team around the time when their window begins to open.

What Actually Happened?
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora – Alexis Saint-Michel – W
In this mock I did, Alexis Saint-Michel was long gone by this point. In the actual draft, both the player I expected to go here and the player they took with this pick were still available. I am sure when the Aurora saw Kenitoh make it to pick 8 this was a relatively easy call. I had a few discussions with Kenitoh during the lead up to the draft, and we had both agreed that this was likely his floor and that neither of us could see him getting past Winnipeg. With the way the trades in the top six picks shook out, he ended up falling all the way to that floor, but I think there is some fortune in that. Here he winds up immediately being the guy in this class for Winnipeg and will see himself fighting for minutes in a team that is pushing to do big things when he does get called up. Works out well for both parties, a smart pick from Winnipeg.

9 .  Aurora Winnipeg Aurora ( Platoon -> Aurora ) – Cormac Poniare – W
At this point the Aurora have a lot of freedom with who they can grab with this second pick. I think they will follow up a defenseman pick with a forward, and so far in this process, I have been very impressed with wuma and could see him being the fit here. Poniare was a very productive winger for Anaheim last year in the juniors as well, and Winnipeg will be hoping that translates over. Another possibility I would like to mention here is winger Robot Sunfish who is close to quite a few players on this Aurora team, but I maintain that they will take the slightly more productive Poniare here and Sunfish will come later in the draft. Two very impactful future players that Winnipeg grabs in the middle of the round here.

What Actually Happened?
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora ( Platoon -> Aurora ) – Robot Sunfish – W
I will get into the controversy surrounding this pick in a minute, but would like to say that I think Sunfish was absolutely deserving of going this high. Again, when asked by GMs who I would like to play with at the next level, my answer was always three names: Kawashima, Hefeweizen, and Sunfish. Although there were many others I would have loved to play with, these were the three names that I know are can’t miss prospects. The controversial side of this pick is that a rumor was floating around that Bouchard was the pick that the Winnipeg war room was instructed to send when covering for the GM who had a prior engagement. I do not know if it is true or not, and Ethan Bouchard would have been a fine pick here that makes me look slightly smarter since it was the one that I mocked. All I can say is that if you are going to mess up a pick in a draft than you should be relieved that you got an elite sim leaguer who will be a vital part of your success moving forward, Winnipeg.

10 . Stampede  Buffalo Stampede ( Panthers  -> Stampede ) – Shane Duffy Jr. – W
Half way and my hands are starting to hurt. This is when every pick starts to get a little tougher. I think at this point one must ask themselves, what do the defending league runner ups need that will help them stay at the top when the time arrives? Looking at their prospect base, they have a couple very high TPE young defenders, so we can rule that out, a center who is pretty close to making his debut, and a pretty good winger who could be what they need in the future, but is hardly the most convincing of prospects. So why not grab another top winger here? Shane Duffy or LB3737373737 is a very good user who I have previously scouted when he was preparing for his ISFL draft, and I know he will impress in his interviews with GMs. I also know there are still plenty of good wingers left in this draft, but rumor has it that Buffalo is interested in this one. It seems like a good fit, and I know the user is legit. Put it down. Buffalo makes another strong pick despite drafting in the latter half of the first and looks to extend its reign near the top of the league.

What Actually Happened?
Blizzard  Edmonton Blizzard ( Panthers  -> Stampede -> Argonauts -> Barracuda -> Blizzard ) – Pasta the Turtle - D
Half way again and my hands are hurting again. So a third of the league decided they wanted number ten before deciding they didn’t actually want this pick. It ended up with Edmonton though after being part of the three way trade to get Ramza to Seattle. I cannot say I know much about the prospect that is Pasta the Turtle, other than their fantastic name and solid juniors production. I can however say that I am impressed to see Edmonton get back up into the top ten picks to double down on defense. It is a clear statement of intent from the team who just traded away one of the league’s elite blue liners. Is a rebuild coming? I do not know, but it looks like Edmonton has begun thinking of reloading now.

11 . Wolfpack New England Wolfpack ( Inferno -> Wolfpack ) – Jay Sink – D
Now this pick worries me, because should Sink go 1OA instead of me, this could be me toppling down boards and ending up down here in the bottom half of the draft. Honestly, that’s like 90% of the reason I mocked myself first because I don’t want to think of what happens if Toronto passes on me. So instead I will let Mori deal with the pain for me. Now obviously, this can be considered the steal of the draft should this happen. Mori is pulling TPE out of all kinds of places that I did not even know existed and has shot past me into the second spot behind Raven in the class TPE rankings. I got a chance to speak to the New England GM and know that they are thinking defense, so Jay Sink would be an easy choice here, although I cannot fathom how he could drop this far. Go ahead and mark this down as my least certain selection so far and know that this could just as likely be me or another top defender joining the Wolfpack this season.

What Actually Happened?
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack ( Inferno -> Wolfpack ) – Matej Winters – D
They ended up taking Alaska. Not surprising at all. Alaska is a player I have seen around quite a bit on discord in the rookie server and who surely interviewed well. With the top of the draft shaking out as defense heavy as it did, it comes as no surprise that New England moved up into the eleventh pick to go grab one of the best defenders in the class. He is a much more traditionally defensive minded defender and will slot in nicely for New England as they can use improvements on the defensive end after finding themselves among the leagues bottom five defenses this season. Good fit for both team and player and I could see this being a pick that works out really well for the Wolfpack.

12 . Rage  Manhattan Rage – Aleksanders Balcers – D
Manhattan seems like a stable team, and their prospects seem balanced as well with players at each position. Right now they have a pair of talented young defenders working their way into the team and depth at the forward positions to pull from in the coming seasons. This is rare from what I have seen, but I think we see the Rage go best player available here. For me that is randominoe’s player whose name I will refrain from typing ever again in my life if possible. He was an absolute terror on the ice last season in his debut with Newfoundland after being taken first overall. Along with Lebron Brady and Alexis Saint-Michel, he is a leading candidate to be the SMJHL’s rookie of the year. We know his build is on point, and I have had nothing but positive experiences with the guy as he toiled to get an accurate mock draft for us rookies last season when we were all utterly clueless. I think Manhattan is just looking for talent, and they find one here.

What Actually Happened?
Rage  Manhattan Rage – Robert E.O. Speedwagon – W
I said Manhattan would go best player available and they did. When looking for the furthest drop from the mock to the actual pick, he is the leader so far. I had Speedwagon going to LA at six, but after the game of musical chairs the league decided to play with the first round, we see Manhattan hold their ground and land an elite prospect. Manhattan adds a valuable piece who also comes from the Newfoundland team that defied expectations in the J last season. I would imagine this player wants to come up sooner rather than later however as a recreate, and it could create a sort of log jam in the Manhattan prospect base. That or this was a pick that is preparing for hard decisions regarding the looming expansion rumors. One of those outcomes is certainly looking likely now though.

13 . Blizzard  Edmonton Blizzard - Sven Svechnikov – D
There has been a ton of buzz in this pre-draft period that Edmonton wants this player, and they want him at this pick. I have seen him remaining coy on this in the rookie chat and our draft mocking group, but people seem to think that this will be the pick. Some say he will go at four, but I think it looks likely to the Edmonton brass that they will be able to snatch him up here at thirteen. When people talk about Sven as a prospect the phrase I hear a lot is “work ethic” all I can say is that I think that is the most unique and complimentary scouting report I have ever heard in a sim league. Though people certainly do have good work ethic that make the gears turn in the league, you rarely hear it commented on, which makes me believe Edmonton is getting a real steal at thirteen.

What Actually Happened?
Barracuda Tampa Bay Barracuda ( Blizzard -> Barracuda )  - Ethan Bouchard – D
This is yet another pick to change hands and throw off my mock even further. What a pick it was though. Tampa moves down in this draft, gains assets, and is able to land a player that I personally believe could have been the pick at 3 overall. If this is who they were targeting at five, and they took a calculated risk to move down still landing their guy, then call it what it was, a masterclass from the GMs. Bouchard will join another steadying sim league veteran presence in my Austrian teammate r0tzbua as big time defenseman prospects in Tampa’s system, and the Barracudas have to be licking their lips at the prospect of bringing these two through in the next few seasons as a future 2k+ pairing on the blue line.

14 . Specters  New Orleans Specters (Dragons -> Specters ) – Robot Sunfish – W
During this pre-draft process, a lot of people have been asking who Robot Sunfish is, and why his name has been getting so much buzz. Creating just before the juniors draft, Sunfish has been a top earner and valued member of the Vancouver Whalers. Most impressively, he is not only the most sophisticated dam cleaning robot in the league, but he is also the best. Not by a close margin either. Another prospect who I drafted in the DSFL that went on to GM that same DSFL team, yonggarius has been a certified star in the ISFL and his player is arguably the most likely active player to have a hall of fame spot waiting for him over there. He contributes so much to the locker room, and I believe that New Orleans GM, Joe, knows this and will not be able to pass on him here in the first. Look out for this prospect who has been flying under radars all season, he is going to make some waves, and this is a perfect fit in NOLA.

What Actually Happened?
Specters  New Orleans Specters (Dragons -> Specters ) – Ville Kurre – W
I guess we will never know whether my prediction on who NOLA wanted was accurate or not, as Sunfish went five picks earlier in the actual draft. I do know one thing though, NOLA loves the player they got in Slash and is incredibly excited to be able to bring his new player back to the user’s former stomping grounds. Ville Kurre played well this season in juniors and there were no major controversies that I saw from Slash (which I hear is a thing), so hopefully he is past all of that and ready to focus on some pretend hockey this time around. Needless to say, the player is impressive, the user has a history in NOLA, and the team was excited to make this pick. None of it surprised me and it looks like one with the potential to work out for everyone.

15 . :northstars:  Toronto North Stars - Marco Barengrub – C
With rumors being that Toronto is looking to grab a forward and defenseman early, there is really no limit to the options that they have with this pick here. They can pretty much grab whomever they want because this draft seems to be about restocking the cabinet and preparing for expansion losses for Toronto. Here I think it makes sense for them to grab another forward who can bring some toughness to the team since all of the players they were considering for the top two pick are now long gone. Barengrub is not the most offensively gifted player, although he moves the puck well and skates with the best of em in juniors. Look for him to be the grinder presence that Toronto is looking for in a third or fourth line center that has the potential to grow his offensive game into that of a creator on a line with talented offensive wings moving forward. Someone who should slot in nicely in this team’s future.

What Actually Happened?
Panthers  Los Angeles Panthers ( Stars -> Panthers ) – Shane Duffy Jr. - W
The North Stars gave this pick up as part of the move they made to go get Kawashima at six, so this pick was made by LA. The Panthers were looking to add forwards as their system is already pretty well stocked in terms of defensemen. Here they go with a well-known commodity in the ISFL and a guy who I’ve had only positive interactions with since he has joined the sim leagues I am in. Duffy experienced a positive first season in juniors as a member of the cup winning Citadelles team. LA kept their intentions tight to their chest throughout the whole process and now it is beginning to make sense. They were obviously worried they would not be able to get their guy at fifteen if other teams knew who it was. They played it safe and nobody jumped them at the expense of the entire league’s TPE. For them, I am sure it is worth it as they land a real steal of a max earning player near the end of the round.

16 . Renegades Texas Renegades – Ville Kurre – W
Into the final three picks of the round now and we get to the team with the best name in the league (in my humble opinion). The Renegades are a very tough team without many holes, or prospects in that case. They have a pretty good defensive prospect in the system however in Basil Sivart. Because they have no viable forward prospects that are not already called up and playing in the league, for me this pick has to be a forward (at this point in the draft, this is also where the value lies). Now from what I have heard Slash has a bit of a reputation in the league that could drop him lower than his player probably deserves to be drafted. I think Texas takes a calculated risk here and drafts Kurre because they believe in the attributes he brings to their team and believe he can offer a scoring presence on lower lines as he makes his way into the league.

What Actually Happened?
Blizzard Edmonton Blizzard ( Renegades -> Blizzard ) – Slavakov Vladimirashenko - W
So a second team went full Kevin Costner in this draft and that ended up being Edmonton. They move up here to grab a Russian power forward create from user Minnesotafine. Cannot say I know a ton about the player, but he obviously was high on the Edmonton board as they moved up a third time to get him. Vladimirashenko will be a net crasher at the next level and it is apparent that Edmonton identified getting tougher as a whole this season when bringing in this new prospect class.

17 . Inferno Atlanta Inferno ( Stampede  -> Wolfpack-> Inferno  ) - Angus McFife XVIII – D
This pick seems to be the most certain one in the class, so I will not go into a ton of detail (and my hands really hurt). McFife’s user micool has reportedly told teams he will only play for Atlanta. Atlanta seems confident enough in the fact that teams will respect that, that they moved down in the draft and acquired another second-round pick. Atlanta gets their guy below his value and another pick, this is almost as easy as it gets when drafting. Unless another team steps in and ruins their day.

What Actually Happened?
Inferno Atlanta Inferno ( Stampede  -> Wolfpack-> Inferno  ) - Angus McFife XVIII – D
Like spot on. I was right, I think everyone knew this was happening though, so I won’t pat myself on the back too much. Teams respected his wishes and Atlanta got their guy.

18 .  syndicate Chicago Syndicate ( Steelhawks -> syndicate ) - Jack Micro – W
Finally at the end of the first round. Here there are rumors of a player that Chicago is very interested in. I have no clue where the source is on this information, but I am going to go with the rumor since I really do not have anything else to go off of right now. Chicago is a strong team without a lot of holes in their roster currently. However, the prospect pool is pretty limited. They’ve got a good wing prospect and a below average but earning prospect on the blue line. For me it would make more sense to grab at least one first round caliber defenseman here, but at the end of the day if they want micro, they want micro. This is a very active discord user I have seen around for a while in ISFL and now SHL as well and grabbing an active locker room personality that earns as the field begins to thin a bit at the end of the first is as good a move as any for Chicago. Cannot see them going wrong by taking Micro here.

What Actually Happened?
syndicate Chicago Syndicate ( Steelhawks -> syndicate ) – Valdis Vejonis – D
Well the news was fake… Micro was not one of the six pick that Chicago made while desperately refilling the prospect ranks. Like I said, they were thin, so the picks make sense if they have the money. Here they listened to my unreleased advice and took a defender in Anchorage’s Valdis Vejonis. Chicago makes a sensible move grabbing a player where they are weakest on the blue line before making a push for forward positions where they already have a good prospect. While this pick wasn’t the most exciting, Vejonis is a steady earner who can be a very good SHL player if he keeps up his pace that he has earned in this past season. Good fit, good pick.

Code:
6078 words

[Image: gucci57541.gif]

Nice article! Hope things work out well for you in Toronto!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Awsome write up man!
And welcome to the gang!

[Image: Bananabread.gif] 

Thank you @Carpy48, @honkerrs

Ilike

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!