Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

I want to say in the worst way that I would love it and it would be a dream come true for Quebec City to do it all again and win the four star cup in back to back seasons. I think we can absolutely get it done. We were picked to lose and lose big against Kelowna and we took them to the woodshed. We shook off boat fatigue to beat Anchorage and we can do it again. Our team has the skill, it may have lost a step in losing Berenek but we retained the core and added some pieces that are going to come in handy for the playoffs. As a personal goal, last season I came close to a 20 goal season, this season I am going to shoot for 25 goals and 30 assists. 10 Points better than last season. I am ready to step up and lead my team to its second consecutive title.

Lets Go QCC!

Well I started this PT before I even knew it was one! I have been focusing and wishing the outcome of this up and coming season 59 be filled with many many wins for myself and of coarse my fellow Colorado Raptors. I saw myself totally dominating the SMJHL at an even better pace than last season. The "Cedric Desjardins" award just slipped out of my grasps last season and this time I envisioned myself bringing home that same hardware. Like really dominate and be untouchable in terms of game rating and shut outs.

Enough about me, I also have teammates and I strongly believe they will come through on their end and will come to play each and every game. Whether dropping down to block a shot, taking a late hit just to make sure that pass was let go at the opportune time for an easy tap in. In other words, a complete team effort and go end to end from start of the season to the Four Star Cup finals and hoisting it over our heads.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Based on the Colorado Raptors preseason, we can extrapolate that the team sucks and will win a handful of games only. (EXTRAPLOATION FOR HUMOROUS PURPOSE). The team is in shamble, and one after on every player asks for a trade. Soon the roster consists of only 2 players, the mergency goalie, and the coach's son. They end up with the worst record ever of -2 wins. However, msot raptors had decent pre season stats, and as such, will get decent seasons everywhere around the league. Sotakov will get a goal per game, Ruggsy will finish top D-man and Jack Nishimori wins the most gentleman player award.

This worst timeline was saved by one player, the new goalie in town, Senji Seteki. This created a new timeline for the raptors (proof : see today's sim that was delayed until the correct space continuum was aligned), who united thru adversity and started their season with 5 points out of 6, with a close loss to the Detroit Falcons which could have been a win. The preseason means nothing except to make absurd statements about the Colorado Raptors.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

In the preseason we saw atlanta and edmonton go undefeated. Clearly this means they are destined to meet in the Challenge Cup Finals.  Guy Zheng was on fire at the top of the leaderboards so clearly my Dick Clapper fantasy pick was a major league BUST. Chicago decided to make the playoffs in this scenario as well which is good for them. Its nice to finally make the playoffs after you've been bad for so long. Seattle certainly looked like a top team which after day 1 of the sim seems to have been a bit premature. I guess my only real prediction is that the new index will make everyone enjoy the league a lot more because it looks great. I can't wait to see what havoc this season will wreak on my predictions and fantasy. I predict I will lose a significant amount of tpe and lose my lead in the class.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

There is absolutely no doubt that Johnny Shuffleboard is about to breakout as one of the stars in the league, I would wager at least half of my bank on it, if not more. In seven preseason games, he put up 5 points. That means in 66 games he will put up 47 points. That is a massive improvement on the 16 points he put up a season ago with the Minnesota Monarchs. But we haven't yet factored in the extra TPE that he will gain over the season. There is little to no doubt that all that extra skill will help him quite a bit. So with the new TPE I suppose it could count for around 15 more points, meaning that Shuffleboard will score 62 points this season. That would have been good enough for fifth on the Edmonton Blizzard last season.

The Blizzard went 7 and 0 in the preseason. Must be they will go undefeated in the regular season.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Preseason has me super optimistic about the argos for this season. I wasn't sure where we stood going into this season, as our squad still isn't exactly top quality even after the addition of Michael Scarn in free agency, but we looked good as hell in our preseason run. My bold prediction that hopefully won't come back to bite me is that Seattle should be a lock for a top 4 team, and maybe even top 3. Texas and Edmonton are in my opinion unattainable bar a miracle for us, but I back us over Los Angeles, and possibly even Calgary. Test results are obviously unreliable, but they painted enough of a picture for me to feel confident in the team and be sure playoffs are going to finally be in the cards for this franchise. I think replacing our IFA forwards with bona-fide young stars in the making in Vaseline Podcalzone and William Salming will make a massive impact for us, and their effect will only improve as they continue earning through the season. Scarn will light it up too on that stacked top line, and our top four on D hangs with the best in the league. Doubt we have much of a shot at a cup this season, but its time for us to make some waves!

(224 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

[Image: pt1_s59.jpg]

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

[Image: b542hyk.png]

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

This will be my first season in SHL, Winnipeg Aurora decided to put me as a center in 3rd line. I was full of hopes for preseason but it ended bad, really bad. In seven games I did not get any point, I only managed to shoot 4 times and have +/- ratio at -7. All this in very decent over 16 minutes per game ice time. All this was quite a disappointment for me, specially since I came into SHL as a Four Star Cup winner and as a player with most assists (tied) in last regular SMJHL season.
So now I really dropped my expectations for this season, looks like my first SHL season will be brutal. Now I hope to score few goals and have over 15 assists. If I would manage to have positive +/- ratio it would be awesome but I guess this is a bit too much to ask. As for team wishes I only have one simple wish/goal and that is to reach the playoffs.
Quick update; in my first two SHL matches I manged to get 3 assists and I am really pumped up for next games.

[Image: Zyhl0FL.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 05:00 AM by Salming.)

William Salming's offseason was short because he represented Team Finland on both WJC and IIHF level by bringing home WJC gold on a second year in a row. When Salming got home, he rested one day and then began training towards next season. So, holiday was short and it might show on the beginning of a new season because there is still some old workload that might make Salming's legs heavy but when the season goes on, his legs will for sure open up and be more fresh when he gets used to the high tempo in the SHL. It is a big change going from SMJHL to SHL but rumours say Salming has prepared himself mentally to that change and he will be ready to battle hard every night in the third line to earn his spot in the line-up. When it comes to team, Argonauts had solid pre-season with some great wins which is a promising sign. Winning record was positive and the biggest goal is for sure to achieve a playoff spot. Based on pre-season results it is a realistic target. Also Salming's pre-season went well because had plus-minus of +2 in four games. He was on ice two goals for and zero against on 5v5.

Words: 200

[Image: salming.png]

Preseason was super exciting, and I will gladly use this limited information to completely call Edmonton the cup winners right now. Edmonton went 7-0 in preseason with 3 wins at home and 4 wins away. We did go to one shootout but that happens from time to time. It is all about walking away with the W. Edmonton will likely face Atlanta the only other undefeated team in preseason. Since preseason is the only real metric we need let’s just skip to Edmonton vs Atlanta and call it a season. Meanwhile my season is going to be explosive. I have 2 goals and 3 assists from preseason which is the same stats I had last season plus playoffs. Naturally, this means I am going to be unstoppable this season based again on the reliable metrics of preseason. I predict 20 goals and 40 assists before playoffs. I am starting with 5 points and ending with 60. I have no fear that any of these statements will come back to bite me.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

It is hard for me to go off of Anchorage's preseason, at least player stat wise. Coach told us all to take it easy out there and only do enough to work out your "sea legs". So obviously me not doing a whole lot in preseason was due to me not going full on physical machine. You can tell by me only having 14 hits in the 7 games played. Now what does that mean for regular season? I am going to come out strong with lots of hitting and being the defensive stud I was meant to be. I predict a lot more hits, more shot blocks, and a high defensive game rating right away. I'll also be looking to drop the gloves a lot with whoever messes with my boat squad. The Armada have a very strong defensive squad this season that is going to help out the young goaltenders and hopefully the forwards can score.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

I predict that Jon Forty-One will most likely be very good at getting assists yet again. Or at the very least is top 3 depending on if someone else does very well again. I am unsure if I can retain my award that I won but I can at the very least gun the nomination for it. Overall I predict that Edmonton continue the streak of making the playoffs and making the series that we end up losing to a pretty close 6 or 7 game series because we usually always do with that.

I guess predicting that this is my best season yet could be a hot take since I am getting old but I feel like it could be my prime season in terms of everything with Edmonton. I guess we will end up seeing more than anything but this is the first season I feel I could finally say this stuff rather than be pessimistic about what I personally could end up doing.

I also predict it'll be a fun season or a rollercoaster to watch for everyone. But we will see in due time.

[189 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

If pre-season is an accurate indicator of things to come, it looks like Toronto is going to have another really good season near the top of the league and will be poised to go on another playoff run this year. Toronto went 5-2 during pre-season play. We lagged behind in goal differential compared to some other top teams in the pre season with only +8 which could just be the vets not being ready. Mika Kandinsky had no goals on 25 shots in pre season play which is incredibly unlucky. The fact is, that's been his story for much of his FHM days. It's a good thing he shoots a lot during regular season play to get his goal totals up. But according to pre-season, Mika won't be scoring many goals this year if he can't get a single one after 25 shots. Toronto's success will come from an entire team playing well together and not necessarily the heroics of one or two players.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]