Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

I predict that my player will be a scrub. This preseason for him was terrible as he basically didn't know what the net was. I pretty much just skated in circles and played with the puck in the corner. In seriousness though I think my player will have a solid season. I think he'll replicate the 25 points he had last season. As a team for BAP I think we'll be better. It will be hard as Tampa Bay got a lot better with their players coming up and having such a strong young core of players. I also think Atlanta will be better. I think we will be in a hard chase for third with Manhattan and New England going down/ being worse than before. I also think that our chase for third won't be for third but will be a juggling for the top 3 spots in our conference. I think Kamado and Bap will have a year where we get a bit better as expected, but nothing overly exciting.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Jonny Tsunami had a great preseason. His team, the Maine Timber went undefeated and Jonny Tsunami put up 5 points, 3 goals and 2 assists, and a +/- of +4. It probably would have been better, but Jonny Tsunami wanted to get some defensive work in the preseason and switched positions with Puddles O'Duck, who wanted to get some defensive forward work in. Jonny Tsunami expects to have a much better season record wise than the previous season, and hopes to lead the team in goals again. By hunkering down at the goalie crease, and cleaning up all the garbage, Jonny Tsunami hopes to achieve another personal record scoring more than 23 goals this season, and hopes to break the 50 point mark in the season. Jonny Tsunami riding a wave, and wants to be one of the best Maine Timber scorers of all time. Although Jonny Tsunami has started off slowly, Jonny Tsunami fully expects to get up to speed and light up the scoreboards, but first Jonny Tsunami will ride the frigid waves out in Maine.

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021, 01:29 PM by Deng.)

[Image: stanleyy.jpg]

By taking a look at the preseason standings, we can clearly see that two teams, Atlanta and Edmonton, will have a perfect record this regular season. The league will make a bold decision to cancel the matchups between these two teams at the point where they are both 64-0-0 and have yet to play each other. Playoffs will be played between the other teams to determine 3rd place and the two teams with perfect records will be handed the honor of being joint victors of the challenge cup. If none of this happens and the Inferno and Blizzard don't go undefeated in the regular season, it means the preseason file was corrupted and the last place New Orleans Specters and Minnesota Monarchs are in reality the best teams, so they will battle for the cup this season instead. In other news, having lost nearly half their games in overtime this preseason, the Los Angeles Panthers will set a record of 28 overtime losses in a single season. All these predictions are nothing but accurate and I expect this season to play out exactly as described above.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

I predict that the Toronto North Stars shall reach heights that are unheard of in this league. We will transcend this simulation and enter a reality beyond the ken of mere mortals. Our third eyes are open as it has been revealed to us that some malign force is hell bent on keeping us from achieving the greatness we have been building towards, but we shall not be held down. Though our enemies array themselves against us, we shall march through the season, through the bloody trenches of the Great Lakes Division, to the playoffs where we shall grasp firmly our Cup and raise it high over the defeated league!

Also, Luffy Richard should pick up his points total and be a much more sound defensive that can be trusted with more penalty kill time. His giveaway to takeaway ratio should improve a great deal, and his advanced stats will still make no sense to him, and the team will explain them again as he nods his head without grasping the weird mathematical sorcery they are talking about, but it is always nice to listen.

anyways, should be a good season for Luffy and the North Stars.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

A good knee jerk assumption to make based off the preseason is Manhattan finally losing their grip on the Atlantic Division. Atlanta had a strong preseason, and look like they can be ready to contend for that first spot. This is an assumption made by quite a few people before the season as well, as Manhattan has a few pieces aging out of elite status, and traded star forward Austin Roenick before the season. Atlanta also acquired star forward and friend of Guy Zheng Dick Clapper, a skillful forward who will augment the Inferno attack.

Another assumption is that Nick Brain will underperform offensively yet again. The Aurora's star forward only tallied 3 points in 7 games, and had a down year last year, finishing below his usual point per game pace. Brain also struggled at two way play, posting a plus minus of -4. If Brain struggles, it may not bode well for a Winnipeg team under pressure to hold down that 3rd spot in the division......

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

The Texas Renegades pre-season was perhaps not one to look back to with extraordinarily huge satisfaction, going just 4-2-1, but as the team seemed to pick up their play and perform better and better in every succeeding game. They lost the first two games against expectedly strong Buffalo and Edmonton teams and then the fourth game against perennial dark horse Winnipeg in the middle there, but closed out the preseason in good form with three consecutive wins against Baltimore twice and Winnipeg again in between there. Despite those tail end victories of the pre-season coming against presumably weaker teams, they are none the less quite confident that the regular season itself should become another strong march forward to contend first for the Presidents Trophy and ultimately of course the coveted grand prize of all sim hockey players, the SHL Challenge Cup! To get to that ultimate prize, they of course need to find a way to shut down at least one or two of the league’s perennial contenders from the fearsome Great Lakes division, but the Renegades are dead set on proving all of the SHL that their successes are not simply a product of playing in a weaker division or conference, but that the team that had invested heavily into a thorough and thought out rebuild has now as a result reached a level where it can truly contend with the very best in the league with no caveats needed or deserved! The seasons of the Renegades are upon us!

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

[Image: JYurKkg.png]

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Bwoah it's gonna be tough for me to make any predictions after this pre-season because frankly, I really don't care a lot about preseasons results and I haven't for years, be it on the old engine or the new. Pre-season is definitely important to test lines and strategies and just to build up some excitement for the regular season, but you really shouldn't put too much weight on the actual results precisely because of all the testing and playing around with things that is going on, including from the league side where it can take time to implement decisions the teams have made into the actual sim over the course of preseason. With all that being said, I think that LAP could really surprise some people with all the additions they have made, turning a team with a talented but underdeveloped Defense into a defensive powerhouse backed by one of the best goalies in the league and with some firepower up front as well.

The Nevada Battleborn did not have a particularly good preseason. The Nevada Battleborn have not had a particularly strong start to the regular season. Neither of those facts are deterring Battleborn blueliner Eero Makela, who was recently elected to the team's leadership core.

"People can hate on us, underestimate us, say that we're the worst team in the conference, or the league, or the world. I don't give a ****," Makela said. I believe in the players on this team. I have the backs of each and every one of them, and I know they have mine. Whether we start the season 0 and 3, or 0 and 6, or 0 and 10, I believe in the players on this team, the guys in the room, and the management. I'm ready to run through a brick wall for this logo, and I expect every player in this room to be ready to do the same. We will make the playoffs, we will make a deep run, and we will prove them all wrong."

Looking exclusively at the play of TURG TURG of the Los Angeles Panthers in pre-season, and we can expect a big year from him. 2 points in 7 pre-season games (1 Goal, 1 Assist), 1 takeaway, 4 shots blocked, and 10 hits. One can reasonably expect TURG TURG to come out swinging in the main portion of season 59. After tallying eighteen points, seventy three shots blocked, and sixty seven hits in his rookie year, he’ll look to compound on that even more. He shot at around 12.5% in preseason and was on pace for seventy five shots over a sixty six game period. So with that, it’s clear TURG will score 9 goals (+7 from last season). And with his teammates also getting better, I predict TURG will reach at least twenty assists for a twenty nine point season. On the defensive side, TURG will pick up eighty three hits, and will likely block more shots than last season so I’ll put that prediction at eighty shots blocked for the LW out of Los Angeles.

Let’s recap:

TURG TURG’s arbitrarily predicted stats for Season 59;
9 Goals
20 Assists
83 Hits
80 Shots Blocked
0 PIM

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

[Image: cqguvgk.png]

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Predictions based on the preseason? Sure, I’ll go for it.

Three teams went undefeated in preseason: Atlanta, Edmonton, and Chicago. None of them will finish a perfect 66-0-0 season. I’m sorry to break the news, but that’s just how it be. The Syndicate and Blizzard are trying their best to prove me wrong, but all will lose at least one game this season.

On the flip side, every team will win at least one game. It’s hard to believe, the New Orleans Specters will be very bad and Lyle Odelein III may set some records this season and block more shots than some starting goalies, but even the lowly Specters will win a game.

The teams with the best (Atlanta) and worst (San Francisco & Minnesota) offenses in the preseason won't lead the league over 66 games. The same holds for the stingiest (Chicago) and worst (Minnesota) defenses. It’s possible those teams will be in the top/bottom 3 for goals for/goals against, but it won’t hold up over 66 games.

Also one more hot take: Knox Booth won’t be as awful as he was in the preseason for LAP. Bold, I know.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Oh man, I sure hope the preseason is not an indication of how the regular season is going to go. The Quebec City Citadelles are not doing too hot in the preseason. They lost 6 games while only picking up one win. The team's ace, Mew Two, did not pick up a single goal in those 7 games and only two assists. If our best player performed like that in the regular season, we would be probably be the worst team in SMJHL history. My player, Kappa Kappa, has been doing alright. He is not an offensive beast at all at LD but he has noticeably stepped up his defensive game compared to his rookie season. He had a couple games where the sim rated him at a 75+ defensive rating which I think has only been met in a handful of games in his rookie season. All in all, I sure hope QCC doesn't play like they did in the pre-season, otherwise we wouldn't be able to win back to back titles.

Code:
173 words

Well, I'm excited and worried same time about the results of my preseason. Our team does splendidly but I have to be realistic, that we are not president trophy #1 candidates. We are close I can feel that! And I know that we will be a strong force in a play-off - in any other words The Cup Contenders. If we talk about individual goals then I can make sure that's the tricky part. Well, I'm a young player and mostly I will be defined by my partners around me. Even so, I can easily screw up everything. I know I can have a good pace for points and could be a pretty average scoring defenseman. Last season was easier. I knew I suck and I sucked. This season I feel I have a chance to play as a better player. My goal would be for next season to play like Sachimo Zoidberg III in his rookie season. But I'm worried I could screw up that. I mean he did really well last year!