Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

ISFL Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

I vaguely followed preseason results, enough to know that Atlanta went 7-0  Inferno Inferno Inferno and won every game that we played. But I hadn't really paid any attention to individual player stats until I began to write this PT. So imagine my surprise when I saw that Atlanta's big three - that's Eko van Otter, Guy Zheng, and Simon Takshak of course - were the top three in the league in terms of points. Zheng led the way with 15 points, followed by Otter with 13 and Takshak with 11. If this pace holds for the regular season, Zheng would put up 141 points in the regular season, which I think is a good and achievable goal for the stud winger. It's a stretch to say that anything less would be a disappointment, but I think anything in the 120-130 range should be attainable for Zheng. If this holds, we could also expect to see Takshak up in the Richan (most improved) discussion at the end of the season.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Of the sixty-three games played during pre-season, there were only 2 fights! Over the five hundred ninety-four games of the regular season this would mean we would only see around nineteen fights!  That is actually eight more than last season's eleven but more in line with season 57's twenty-two.  The SHL appears to favor skill players much more than goonery, as the SMJHL had seven fights in forty-two games which implies the big league is pulling up players who are less likely to spend time in the penalty box. Also, teams have a tendency to ask players to tone down the fighting so we see some of the lower league's pugilist's tone down their act once they arrive.

With the regular season underway, this prognostication seems like it might stay true; with thirty-nine games played we have yet to see a single fight this season! However, as teams meet more and more throughout the season I am sure we will see tempers flare and a donnybrook or two every week.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

The seven game preseason is roughly 1/10th of the 66 game regular season, so that makes it super easy to do wild extrapolation of stats.  Texas went 4-2-1 in the preseason, which isn't terrible, but also isn't great.  A 64% winning percentage would put us on pace to win 42 games in the regular season.  This would be a pretty big drop off from 51 wins last season, a rate of 83%. So hopefully that trend doesn't hold.  As far as my player, well I had a pretty terrible preseason all things considered.  I only scored two points in the preseason, both assists, so that would put me on pace for 20-21 points for the regular season.  After hitting nearly 60 points last season that would be a pretty big disappointment, even for a defensive minded forward.  One good thing from the preseason is I had 12 blocked shots in 7 games, which would put me on pace for close to 120 for the regular season.  The highest for a forward last season was 194, so still a long way to go to his that mark, but a huge improvement over my 74 blocks from last season. 9 hits in 7 preseason games is also a bump up, on pace for about 85 hits in the season, which is almost double my total of last year of 49.  Honestly, I would be happy for my defensive stats to improve, since I am a defensive forward, but hopefully my point production doesn't take as big of a hit as the preseason pace would suggest.

[Image: hudson.png]

Prediction? Painnnnnn! I pity the fool who don't know what I'm talking about! In all seriousness pain will probably be in Kata Vilde's ancient groin for the upcoming season. Having played for so many seasons and continuing to try and stay at a high level Vilde is fast approaching the point of no return. The amount of pain he endures to try and stay at a high level is strictly for his teammates. It remains to be seen if he can continue to fight father time. He is just a few victories away from some serious goalie milestones. He should be able to hit 3rd all time in wins this season and unless a miracle occurs and he turns back time it will probably take 2 seasons to capture the number 2 slot overall. It would be nice to finish this season but that many wins is probably not in the cards for this season. Number 1 all time is probably out of reach so Vilde will take what he can get as he inches his way up the ranks of all time SHL goaltenders.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Lord Raiden finished the preseason on a strong note. Raiden scored 3 goals and had 5 assists. 8 points was good enough for 2nd on the team only behind Karl Krashwagen obviously.  So lets extrapolate that over the course of the regular season and see how Lord Raiden will fair this year. In 66 games, Raiden will score 28 goals and have 47 assists which would give him 75 points. That would put him amongst the top players in the league. Lord Raiden's final stat line will look like this:

28 G, 47 A, 75 Pts, +10, 104 SOG, 56 SB, 170 Hits

That is a breakout year just waiting to happen. 

Along with Raiden's success, the Baltimore Platoon will enjoy a successful season as well. Going 4-2-1 in the preseason will turn into 38 wins, 22 losses, and 6 overtime losses. That would give the Platoon 82 points on the year. Which will be enough to take 1st place in the Atlantic Division. Another playoff year for the Platoon.

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

okey i nead tpe so i wil make PT this time so lissen. Preseesson is for rookeys so it not meen anyting for vetaran laik andrei. am still best player. My premodiction is that i wil win best player and win cop wit englend wolf so we can meat the queen. i hav invest in stamena so i can play line 1 so now i can hav most gols in leeg and also most hits and most shotout persantage and be best player. I also wil hav over ONE TAWSAND TPE after this PT wich is most tpe by any player in shl history. am best player and stil nead to rite 50 more words. this seasson andrei wil stil be clean wit big clean hits and not many going in the box. but wen i go in box maybe you see smoke coming out. becose am hot. and because is hotbox. anyway. we win. i scor 50 gols minamom.

thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

Rhys Pritchard's preseason was pretty good so I'm quite excited to jump on these small samples and go crazy! First of all, Toronto will finish with 94 points. That's pretty solid, and we'll just ignore that it's a drop of 4 points from last year and third in the division because that doesn't confirm my prior beliefs that Toronto is elite. Rhys will finish S59 with 19 goals and 38 assists which is a career high. Previously, Rhys's best season was 28 assists. His 57 points is 9 points better than his career best 48 last season. What I found most interesting is how much more time Pritchard was spending in the sin bin. His career high in penalty minutes in S56 where he spent 30 mins in the box. In the two seasons since, despite playing 16 more games, he hasn't even been able to get within 11 minutes of that total... until now. Pritchard, now apparently a goon, will serve 57 minutes in the box in S59 which will tie Mika Kandinsky for the highest total on the team. Wow. Small samples are fun!

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

I have few predictions that I'm willing to share. The first one is for Nevada as a team. Based on the pre-season, it looks like the Battleborn is going to be a solid away team during the ongoing season. That might not sound so exciting to some, but traditionally the away games are considered to be the challenging ones compared to home games. If Nevada can win a lot of games away - that is going to be a big positive. Granted, Nevada won ''only'' three of the five away games, but I think that is a nice number and shows promise.

One prediction for myself as a player. I'm going to score under 20 points. Once again, that might not sound so impressive at first, but when you take into consideration the fact that I'm going to play in a fair role more than likely - there should not be any reason why I should not score a lot.

Or is there? There is! If we believe the pre-season numbers. I'm either playing injured or I have completely lost interest in the game of hockey. I had 1+0 in 7 pre-season games.

I really hope the preseason is not a good indicator of the regular season because Big Boss and QCC as a team were both pretty trash during this preseason. As a team, we went 1-6 and finished dead last in the standings. We managed to give up 23 goals and only score 14 in 7 games. Big Boss was definitely not helping, as he racked up a total of 1 assist and 0 goals in 7 games. However, I think the most impressive stat he put up is he managed to lead the team in giveaways with 6, while coming 2nd last on the team in takeaways at 1. Extrapolating this across 66 regular season games, he would finish the season with 57 giveaways, which would have been 2nd most on the team last season. He would also finish the season with 9 takeaways, which surprisingly would have been 2nd least on the team last season. So let’s just say Big Boss was rusty during the preseason.

[Image: wMOao8d.png]

Well seing i am a season 54 player, I have seen my share of pre-seasons and this one is no different from any one I had already. Each and every season I tend to go in with very high expectations. I do not know why but i place this unwarranted pressure on myself to be the top guy to produce for my team. Not like they are relying on it from Daniel. But it is the fierce competitor/pride in me to perform at a very high level. So usually my expectations are no different from season to season. They are simple and straight to the point. Be steady and produce at a constant basis offensively. Meaning minimum a half point per game and also be dominant in the face off dots, which one day I will hit the 60% mark hopefully. Also I want to strive without the puck, no don't get me wrong, i will not, actually I refuse to lay down and block a shot, but hitting is my game. I want to hit the 200 hits plateau this season and every other season after that. So its not much to ask...is it?

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2021, 04:39 PM by W19eaver.)

[Image: 08P37pW.png]

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Someone with a brain can figure out that preseason is absolutely useless and won't do anything for predictions for the regular season just like the regular season does not mean much for the playoffs. But anyway for this PT, let's see what happened. LA Panthers did not do well in preseason but that does not really matter because they already had more wins in the first 3 games than they did the whole preseason so itself says it all about preseason. The LA Panthers are going to be a playoff team and they should be able to make it into the playoffs easily because they have one of the best players in the world who is Austin Roenick. Now how will Austin Roenick do on his new team? Well he will obviously be a point per game player and hopefully scores some goals this season because looking at how he is doing, he is struggling to score goals which sucks and that needs to be changed asap.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Ooo baby, if the season goes as well as it did in preseason for the Seattle Argonauts, I think we're in for a good year. A lot of talent on the team now, thanks to the merchant of picks, Notorious Tig, plus a lot of potential talent means we can make serious stuff happen if lady luck is on our side. But that is the problem with preseason. The sample size is just to small to know if we were just lucky during preseason or if this is an accurate prediction for what the season will be like. But hey, this is the SHL and who knows what will happen? If you take what we saw in the preseason at face value, then the Seattle Argonauts are going to win like 45 games in the regular season. That would be quite the jump from last season, and it would be quite amazing.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap