Create Account

S59 PT #1 Preseason

I am a very superstitious person when it comes to the preseason. I like to use the example of the 0-16 Detroit Lions going 4-0 in the preseason and the 16-0 New England Patriots going 0-4 in the preseason. Therefore, I believe that whatever has happened in the preseason, the inverse will likely happen during the regular season. Daud Ramza played 7 preseason games and scored two goals. Due to this, he will play all 66 games without scoring a single goal. That is my big prediction. I think he will have some great assists and playmaking but will ultimately fail to put a single puck in net during the regular season and during regulation time. Also, the Carolina Kraken finished with the second best record in the preseason, so we will probably end up with a low seeding for the playoffs. Maybe we will inexplicably win a series and induce just a ridiculous amount of rage in another team’s locker room.

Code:
162 Words

[Image: blasoon.gif]

The season is underway, so I will keep the prediction about myself to make it easier. Based on the pre season numbers I saw from myself, they were very promising, over a point per game which is great and something I want to continue during the season (so far so good). However, that being said, I will take my prediction and shift it away from the actual pre season performance and to something that happened during the pre season: SHL Fantasy Draft.

In the past, I have drafted myself twice. In both seasons that I drafted myself, I have been a let down (fantasy wise). So what did I do this season? I drafted myself. Obviously the only logical thing to do. I am looking to break the curse and still be dominant in both the SHL and in fantasy. That being said, I don’t think that will happen simply because the odds are stacked against me. Therefore, my prediction for this season is: Theo Morgan will not be a top 10 fantasy point player. Hopefully I’m wrong to anyone who drafted me.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Bold prediction: This is the year that a non-Great Lakes team wins the Challenge Cup. While the GL has been terrorizing the SHL during the FHM era, claiming the vast majority of the Challenge Cups up for grabs, this will be the first time in seasons that a team not in that division will win. This looks to be a year that Texas can pull off the win, although they will likely have to battle through at least 1 Great Lakes team to earn it. Texas currently has the best forward group in the league, the best 1-2 goaltending punch, and a top flight defense from the top pairing to the bottom. While The Great Lakes will remain a battlefield, as is tradition, and one team from the division will still miss the playoffs in an assuredly undeserving manner, three very strong teams from the Northeast will make the playoffs, and any of them could be a tough final opponent for a potentially victorious Texas team.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

I don't really know how you can really base anything on the preseason, because not every team uses real lines and tactics and all that stuff that's important in FHM, but let's just assume the preseason really means something.
My team, Toronto, finished 5th in the league and 3rd in our division. It would be enough to make the playoffs and that's really ALL that matters in the Great Lakes. Doesn't matter if you're first or third, you only need to get in and not get that horrible 4th spot. It's not too unrealistic that this is how the regular season will go for our division too. However, if I take a look at how my own player did in the preseason, I'm not happy at all. A miserable 0.890 SV% is not what I expect (or predict). I won 5 out of 7 games, which is nice, but I really expect a decent SV% (anything above 0.915 is okay, but I really aim for anywhere above 0.920). That being sad I make the prediction that my preseason stats were wrong and that SV% really means nothing and my player will have a much better SV% after the regular season is over. Winning 5 out of 7 games is something I can live with too, but please add a few more shutouts? How am I going to win a McBride otherwise?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

I’m not going to go the route of others on this post and get ahead of myself simply off preseason results. I’m going to use math and advanced statistics to get to my ultimate conclusion that the Maine Timbers will be the best team the Juniors have ever seen. Let’s a take a look at the numbers.

Preseason: 7 Wins, 0 Losses, 25 Goals For, 10 Goals Against

Extrapolated into a 66 game season: 66 Wins, 0 Loses, 236 Goals For, 94 Goals Against

The two best teams last season (KEL & QCC) lost 10 and 14 more games respectively. Their plus/minus was +118 and +111 respectively, while Maine’s pace would put them at +142.

Now, while it’s unlikely the team will go undefeated, Maine’s turnaround is going to be historic. They were the worst team in the league by 8 points last season. This will not be the case in S59. Maine will use their growing pains from last season to make a push for a deep run in the playoffs.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

Well, preseason is a very short sample size, and also a tough one to make any huge assumptions off of based on the fact that you are not going to get realistic strategies or lines for every team, which throws a wrench into testing. With that said you should be able to grasp a little as generally better players should preform better overall, so going off that I have a few predictions I will make.
First off, my player Karl Krashwagen will score at least 35 goals. I feel like this would be huge. Yes he scored 42 last season, but that was the top in the league and a bunch of luck involved. I can see slight regression, but still excellent preformance in this area.
Second I believe my player will also score at a ppg pace. 66 points in 66 games is another huge accomplishment and I am pulling hope his line is able to keep up their stellar pace.
Third, The platoon fall just shy of their over / under. Based on nothing but pre season I think they will finish with 25 wins, short of the 27.5 mark.

Code:
192 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

ISFL Welfare

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

ISFL PT

Username: Billybolo53

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]

Ah the preseason. Where all the hopes and dreams of the huge offseason updates water the eyes of the youngsters in anticipation. Only to have the reality shake the core of one's confidence. I have learned over the years not to invest too much in the preseason, its more for the GMs and the simmers to get their process streamlined, and not exactly about how a team may actually function in the season. But its fun to see games simmed again if its been a long offseason and seeing the team come together again is always great. New expectations are formed and the anticipation of the season being so close makes it all worth while. The rookies, with their eager enthusiasm and the veterans, with their realistic enthusiasm all arrive to play for the team. The Anaheim Outlaws took some hits in the preseason but we are all confident that it will not be an accurate representation of the future. But we shall see. That's what makes this league fun and engaging.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

Well, the Los Angeles Panthers were pretty awful in the preseason, posting a 1-3-3 record. Extrapolating that to 66 games puts us at about 10-28-28, which would be along the lines of New Orleans or San Francisco a few seasons ago, which definitely is not what we're about at L-A-muthafuckin-P. If Jimmy Slothface was averaging a point per game, though, that'd be pretty cool (he had 2 goals and 5 assists in 7 preseason games). Austin Roenick had four assists, and a great amount of assists from that line in the regular season would certainly be useful.

As far as predictions a little beyond extrapolation, I think the Panthers are going to turn the corner and make some noise in the playoffs this season. I've finally been called up, and that's really all that needed to happen for the Panthers to have a formidable team on all 3 lines. Nah but in all seriousness, our team has been growing so well and Booth is an absolute madman in the net so we're going to take the over with ease.

Based on the preseason the we don’t even need to play this season. Its obvious that the season is going to end with Atlanta and Edmonton Tied as undefeated teams and we will have our first ever split championship with no teams losing any games in a 7 game series. This has a major impact on the league as Chicago feels wrongly left out having only last a close match in OT. This will require us to completely move to a new system which calculates all play off teams using the BCS system from before the college football playoffs. The league will get rid of conference with the new system. The MVP for the upcoming season will be center Matt Kholin who will have the most total points in the league while doing it by assisting in 3 times as many goals as he will score. It will be a historical feat which is never likely repeated.

[Image: f7.png]

[Image: New-Project.jpg]

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

(sorry im drunk i hope this is good) 
Well looking at preseason for the Texas Renegades we see a lot of wins but we also seem some notable losses against Buffalo, Edmonton, and Winnipeg. However, everyone team even the famous Hamilton shooting team of Simon Says Era had some losses. Looking at the players we see that Edward Williams is probably Jesus Christ incarnate. But we also see some other Texas stars in the making. I strongly suspect we will soon be seeing an era of Texas dominance not unlike Buffalo and Hamilton to a degree. Kekkonen, Watcher, Kvalheim and Williams are all picking up points left and right, along with more players like Hudson and Kubinec. It seems Texas has 2-3 lines of points scoring gods. I'm not saying they're winning the Challenge Cup, but I am saying that if preseason has anything to say, it's that Texas has a real shot of going far based on their points production across multiple lines.

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

If pre-season shows nothing else but overexaggerated takes, then we will give an easy take for this one. The best Petrov, hands down, yet again, will be the great Vladmir Petrov. He has shown in and out every game why he deserves to be in the talks as one of the best young players in this league, and of course the best Petrov there is. Vladmir continues to show strives for greatness, and you can easily see him being one of the top scorers on the Tampa Bay Barracuda for this upcoming season. He just strives to make those around him better, and his brothers would probably benefit from playing with him as well. Either which way, Vladmir Petrov is giving those very cold takes, because the world as well as the SHL know that Vladmir is the Bestrov (Best Petrov) and there is no one changing that any time soon. Vladmir for MVP (Most Valuable Petrov). Thank you and goodnight.

(161 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]