Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

Winnipeg is a relatively small town so when you play for the Winnipeg Aurora, you kind of own the place. Jasper Maximov loves being in the spotlight and being recognized by people so his favourite thing to do when he has days off is to just walk around the city, get free meals and take pictures with fans. His bad performance on the ice in his rookie season doesn't seem to bother Aurora fans and he gets a major ego boost (as if he needed one) any time someone asks him to sign a jersey of the team with his name and number. The Winnipeg Aurora is one of the most exciting things to happen in the Manitoban capital so people are very forgiving of players that underperform as long as they keep saying how incredible the fans are every chance they get. Jasper understood this early on and became a fan favourite, which makes his adventuring in downtown Winnipeg even more exciting.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Getting into the later days of my career, I cannot be quite as wild as I used to be on my day off. Gone are the days of surveilling head office members in order to find out what dark and dirty secrets they have. This old age has brought on new activities, many of which are looking ahead to my impending retirement. I have been taking the time to try and relax my days off and have begun self-teaching how to make fancy cocktails.

With these cocktails, I spend some time out by the pool and relax and play with my Golden Retriever Richard. These days off are helping me feel significantly more relaxed and have me rejuvenated when I return to the ice the next day. It has me looking forward to a more relaxed life when I come to retire when I can no longer be an impact on the ice.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Wen Baters loves rocket league. In fact, he is a rocket league freak. Always top 10 on the 2v2 and 3v3 ladder, he spends all his free time grinding the ladder. If you're in a grand champ game and you see a new freak triple reset ballsack tug 360 bang top corner, that's Baters warming up. Once he's done shitting on stupid RLCS pros, he plays minecraft with his friends, in which he builds houses off his own dome in 10 seconds flat like he's cranking 90s in fortnite. He is also known for the diamond speedrun record, managing to get his first diamond in 20 seconds flat on random seed%. Before going to bed, Baters makes sure to hop on the MLB The Show 21 and crank 600 ft off @RotticusScott 's garbage tier fastball every at-bat and then throw a perfect game cause he can't hit. Then he goes to bed early because he doesn't want to ruin his sleep schedule.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Noel is currently living his best bachelor life, so when he's not at the rink or hanging out with other Raptor friends he's usually spending time on his own. As an only child he grew up used to spending time with himself so it comes easy to him. On day's off he usually likes to start his day by bringing his husky Sierra for a walk through his neighborhood in Denver. After that he'll come home and cook up a nice breakfast and relax for a bit while planning the rest of his day. He usually likes to spend the daytime outside enjoying the sun, whether it's golfing, hiking, riding his bike, whatever, he just likes to be outside. Once it starts nearing supper time he'll usually head home, cook up a nice supper, and then the rest of the evening is devoted to video games, streaming moves or TV, or diving into whatever book he's reading at that moment.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Jonny Tsunami loves hockey and baseball, but he plays these sports to pay the bills. Jonny Tsunami spends every second, when he's not playing hockey or baseball, in the water surfing. So obviously, if Jonny Tsunami had a hockey-free day, Jonny Tsunami would go out and go surfing all day. Jonny Tsunami uses this time to take his mind off of hockey/baseball, and how bad he has been doing in both sports lately. Jonny Tsunami hopes to turn it around, but at the end of the day, SHL Hockey and PBE Baseball just pays the bills, and Jonny Tsunami only has one life to live, so he would rather live life to his fullest, rather than training at both or either sport for a long time. That's probably why he sucks! Jonny Tsunami has the passion for both sports, but at the end of the day, surfing has always been his truest passion, and there is no surfing simulation league that he can join.

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

When Cillian Kavanagh isn't between the pipes or spending time at the rink you'll find him in numerous different places depending on what time of the year it is. During the summer Cillian loves to spend time by the water. Cillian loves Boca Chica Beach which is located just North of Mexico. He enjoys surfing, snorkeling and just laying down in the sand relaxing with friends and family. During the colder seasons Cillian has purchased a small cabin on Lake Seneca, located in upstate New York. There, he enjoys relaxing by the fire pit enjoying some brews with some of his teammates. He'll often be found snowboarding and snowmobiling through fresh pow at the local resort. Cillian would rather be in the crease as he feels the most comfortable and at home but definitely enjoys his time off during the offseason. During this offseason Cillian is looking forward to heading home to Ireland to visit family and friends he hasn't seen since he began his career in the SHL.

Word Count: 169

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

When I'm not on the ice for the Knights, I like to keep things pretty simple. I always try to get in a workout in the morning, I have a pretty decent setup at my place here in Kelowna. Normally I'd go for a run into town and go to a public gym, but with the pandemic I've got to be pretty careful. Hiking up by Crawford Falls is another favorite of mine. The hike isn't very long, but it's a great workout! Can even throw the mountain bike in the truck and find some great trails up there. Last summer I tried to get into sailing a little bit on the Okanagan. I'm actually terrible at it, but I'm trying to learn! #A-Rye and I have thrown some memorable pandemic acceptable get togethers out there. That's pretty much it for physical things. Other than that, I'm pretty lazy! I love lounging around the house, playing video games and sleeping.

my day off from hockey would be very strange because Tres has never had a day away from the ice since he was about 10 years old. I don't think that he would know what to do with himself. He might go catch a movie with some of his teammates. That new Mortal Kombat movie seems cool so that might be what we do. I think some popcorn and candy while watching an action movie would be a great way to spend the day off. It could also be a time to bond with some of his teammates. I think Tres would still try to get some hockey practice in. I think he would bring his stick with him to the theater and then would practice shooting the candy boxes into empty cups in the theater. Anything that can be turned into a competition tres will do and I think he would have a blast doing this.

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

You know, there is a reason they call me "Bread Wanesly", and it does not have any thing to do with me doing well out on the ice. Fred Wanesly uses his days off to bake home made bread, mostly for himself, but sometimes to share with the team. Sourdough, Ciabatta, Frocaccia, you name it, Fred bakes it. Around Christmas time, Fred always bakes a few loaves of Stollen using his Austrian grandmother's recipe. And while he's not Jewish, Fred enjoys both making and eating Challah bread around the Jewish holidays throughout the year. Recently, he has been experimenting with wheat bread. More specifically, how much wheat flour he can add before the bread starts losing its ability to rise and stay fluffier after baking. Wheat flour has a tendency to make the bread very dense if you use it wrong. There have been many times where Fred has excitedly pulled his loaf out of the oven just to find that it is essentially a whole wheat brick. Still edible, but just not that great.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

It's hockey free day for Jonas, and that means it is sleep in day for Jonas. If there is no practice that morning or no game that night, this lad is not hopping out of bed until 11am at the earliest. Rest day means no workouts as well, so no need to go for a run but if it's nice out Jonas may go out for a walk. Also a good day to go out and get some groceries for the week, one of Jonas' least favourite thing to do, but something that must be done. After that the rest of the day could be filled with whatever Jonas wants to fill it with. He could find some teammates or friends to hang out with, or stay at home and lounge around watching tv or playing video games. He does not usually go out for a night of drinks as the day after rest day is usually when he would have to wake up early, so drinking night is usually the night before rest day where jonas will allow himself to go out and get blasted with the lads.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
[Image: mf7ERAf.png]

Obviously six consecutive straight days of hard, strenuous hockey work is no easy feat, and for most ordinary players they would be wiped out stamina wise. However I think it is safe to say that is common knowledge that Quebec City Citadelles center Shane Duffy Jr. is built extremely differently to a common player. Duffy follows the mindset of no days off, so when there is a day that he doesn’t spend working on his game with the team, he likes to get out on the ice by himself and hone his skills and try and improve his individual game. This involves getting up early to have a nice hearty breakfast to give himself the energy for the day before heading out onto his local Quebec City ice. On this particular break from league activities Duffy intends to practice both his shooting and lplaymaking, before getting back home and lifting a few weights.

Getting a day off, free from training and exercise, is one of the few bright spots in the absolute meat grinder of a hockey season. After 7 back to backs thus far in the young season, Foley is glad to take a day to rest and hang out. It all depends on the city Edmonton was playing in--whether they were home or away leads to many different possibilities for a full-day of exploration, or just a day of relaxation.

When there's an offday in Edmonton, it's a true offday. He's only recently felt safe enough with his position on the team to purchase a home, so he gets to make himself comfortable there. Really, get to know the place. Well, he gets to know the bed most of all cause off-days are best spent sleeping in. Generally, if Foley does get out of the house it's not until 5 o'clock. At that point, it all depends on the team GC. Are they getting some steaks, hittin up a famed Edmonton gentle-man's club, or just going out to a baseball diamond to fuck around, or is everyone staying home for the day? No matter what they're doing, Foley feels like it's only fair for him to tag along.

When in other cities, though? Party party party. Ain't no rest for the wicked. Insert other thing that means Foley is going clubbing here. That's right, off-days on the road are a prime recipe for a young fella like Foley to get his dance shoes on and hit up some clubs. With his musically inclined ears, he's always trying to hound out the spots with the best DJ's for his team to get their groove on. Sometimes he even tries to slide the DJ's some contract money for him to get a chance to run his own sets, but that's been unsuccessful so far. Might just have to be an offseason endeavour for the D(J)-man.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Rob Wright legally worded in his contract with the Nevada Battleborn that the forward receive the Sabbath (Sunday) off every week. This has caused a lot of problems (and unique solutions) in the Battleborn lineup. Often, coach Weaver will reward a hard-working rookie with ice time when Wright is away. But sometimes, the match up becomes a lot less favourable when Nevada is missing Wright's size (but not girth).

So, why? Why did Wright contractually get a day off every week?

"Oh, HBO!" The forward tells us in an intimate hot tub interview. "I usually need like... 30 or so hours to catch up on my shows. "Barry", "Game of Thrones", that 4-hour cut of the "Justice League" - My partner and I are watching through "Watchmen" right now. Absolutely wonderful television being made, then presented by HBO."

We asked Wright why he can't do that on an actual off day, when the Battleborn aren't playing and there isn't practice.

"I have kids." Was all he had to say.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

Mika Kandinsky loves hitting the links. After he moved to North America he took up golf because a lot of his hockey buddies were playing. He's pretty bad at the game still but he's been improving. He's going to be hiring a coach soon to help him with his game in the offseason. Now that Toronto is making the playoffs, he'll have a little less time to play golf, but he'll still find plenty of time in the offseason. He loves to go out and have a round with friends while having a few brews and enjoying the weather. He doesn't take the game too seriously, but he's got the bug and loves going and working on his swing. He has a few courses around the country he can't wait to play, but wants to just get a little bit better before taking on the more challenging ones. A great hobby to get out and play with friends.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]