Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

169 words

Day off? There is no day off in hockey. Mother Russia very disappointed if Evgeni take day off from training! But off day means that bad man at the rink locks the doors, and old strategy of break into the rink don’t work because of new alarms added. So Evgeni have developed a new system for training on day off. First I wake up and spend entire morning hitting old giant tire with a sledgehammer. Build character and you become one with sledgehammer, very important connection. Then Evgeni put on full gear and go to local diner for meal as Evgeni currently banned from forest for illegal hunting which is garbage. But Evgeni goes to diner and gets mountain of burgers, like twenty burgers! And then Evgeni unhinge jaw and swallow them whole, is great fun and very nutritious! After that Evgeni go back to house in full gear and hit tire with goalie stick this time to become one with goalie stick. Builds connection between stick and person.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

Burke is dedicated to upping her game and spending the time needed to perform better for the Aurora out on the ice. That said, if she just went through 6 straight days of practice and/or games, she's probably not going to spend her day off watching tape or practicing more in her spare time as others might. After a week of hard work, she's going to take some time to remember there is more to life than just hockey (I know, shocking). She might take the day to go on a hike with her dog, maybe play some board games with friends or family, or even spend some time volunteering. Heck, depending on how hard the team practiced that week she might just enjoy some quiet alone time in her PJs with some popcorn and Netflix or something. It's hard to say for sure which activities she'll go with when the day comes because things tend to happen a little spontaneously in her world, but chances are it won't be anything out on the ice.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Ugn5gZg.jpg]

Man my day off was awesome. It all started early in the morning when I got out of bed and into the car for a good long road trip around town. I picked up some friends of mine and we began our trek around the city. We drove around all morning to see what we could see and then at lunch time we and grabbed some grub for lunch. It was great. I had a delicious hamburger with lettuce, mayo, and bacon on it from this little joint down on 4th and 23rd street.  After that we drove out into the county a bit to see what we could see out there. We saw a lot of very interesting things and some amazing natural wonders. It was truly a great day. On the way home we stopped by a fast-food joint and got something to eat there before dropping my friends off at home. It was a great day and I totally pigged out, but I had a lot of fun. I am hoping the burgers and fries stay down well in my stomach this week during practce. What a fun day!

[Image: image0.gif]
[Image: psdforbrookssiganimatedwhitetext.gif]

I would spend most of my team relaxing and not doing a whole lot. I would spend my morning sleeping as late I felled like I need to. Since it’s an off day, there is no way I would cook my own food, so I would start my day by ordered a breakfast from a local restaurant that offers deliveries. While waiting for the breakfast and waiting for it, I would start watching a movie. Once, I’m done with the movie, I would probably play some videos games. For dinner, I would go to my favorite BBQ place and order a rack of pork ribs with a couple of chicken wings. I would then take a long walk back home, stopping in the city parks to get some fresh air into my lungs. I would end my day by going back home and reading a book. Then I would go to sleep not too late, because I need to be ready for the next morning’s practice.

166 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Seeing that Daniel is known as a "rink rat", prying him away on a day off is not so easy. First off, his general manager (@Keygan ) has to pay him off to stay away from the rink, then he has to bribe a couple of players who are chosen randomly to make sure Daniel is occupied and busy throughout the day. So a typical day away from the rink starts off that way and then it sprints off to a never ending activities from go karting, arcades, biking in the mountains, fishing, axe throwing, somewhere in between all that there is a scrap lunch a.k.a "cheat day". then to wind down the day the guys take in a movie before supper and head back home to either have a game night on XBOX or sometimes a great game of texas hold'em. Which ever if not both activities are done in the evening to the wees hours of the morning, you can guarantee there is a case of two four on ice and a bottle or two of single malt scotch whisky behind the bar. Usually the Glenfiddich brand as it is the premier whiskey to have straight or neat if you prefer!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

There's nothing like a good ol' day off, that's what I always say. I get to wake up whenever I want, which is always going to be 7:23am because that's when my body forces me to wake up. I actually get to take time with making breakfast instead of throwing some Eggo waffles into the toaster with a tall glass of Rain. I make some nice, puffy, scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage that I eat with toast, a glass of Carnation Instant Breakfast, and the obituaries section. I'll then watch a little bit of daytime talkshows before I'll go out and drive around. I don't drive anywhere in particular. I just drive. Hoping maybe, just maybe, I'll get into an accident, survive, and get some much-needed insurance-funded time off. I might go over to the driving range. I'm not a club member but I'm usually able to sneak on the course, grab some balls, and sell them for gas money. When I come home I float in the hot tub for an hour or two before falling asleep ass-up on the couch. What a day.

[Image: duncan_png.png]

A day off? A week off? Wow. Time to sleep! Nahhh I'll just stay up wasting my time instead. For reals tho, any day off is the perfect time to spend time with family. Wake up at a decent hour (maybe 11-ish?), go for a quick jog (can't be getting fat now!), get a big breakfast in (off days are cheat days automatically right?), and spend the day with family. Maybe go out for lunch/dinner at a local spot in Kelowna. There's a bunch of youngins on Kelowna now, so I'd try to plan something with them as well. Its always a great time building relationships with fellow teammates and their families. We might only be together for a few seasons down here in the J, but we're gonna have fun while we're here! Last couple days of the break, I think it'd be a good idea to get some light workouts in, just to be ready to get right back into it. Days off are great, but the Cup is what Malik's after this season!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

I would spend my day off just catching up on chores, cooking, relaxing, and doing stuff other than hockey. Sometimes this site feels like it consumes a large portion of my life, so it's nice to be able to step away and relax for a bit without thinking about how to catch up to the guys ahead of me on TPE. Getting ready to move in real life, so free time is getting more and more rare - it feels like it can get crazy busy sometimes, especially with the new role of IIHF commissioner that I have taken on. I feel like I need to step back from some of the other site jobs that I have, otherwise I feel like stuff might be too packed to properly devote enough time and attention to it. Nothing too special on my day off, but it's nice to have time to rest and recharge, and get ready for the next week. Season definitely does seem to fly by in a flash!

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

Robot Sunfish spends most of his free time in a deserted storeroom at the Vancouver Whalers facility. As a robot designed to perform arduous jobs -like dam cleaning and later ice hockey- for a long time, Sunfish has a very large battery capacity. And that's the reason why it takes such a long time to charge Sunfish's bettery.

So because of that, Sunfish hardly has any free time as his power is off for his battery to be charged for most time ouside of games and practices. And the small amount of time he gets to himself between charging is spent on maintenance.

On weekends, however, Sunfish does get some time to himself. When he's free to do whatever he wants, Sunfish usually does what he likes the most- fighting. When he first signed with the team and got the enjorcer gig, the Whalers staff furnished a spare room in the facility to a fighting training room for Sunfish. That dark room with sandbags- a place most Whalers call the 'scary corner'- is where Sunfish enjoyshimself the most.
(181 words)

When you are trying to chase greatness in the way that Kaarlo Kekkonen is, taking a day off is exactly the kind of luxury that you can't afford. Therefore, even after 6 non stop days of work he would still be putting in that extra bit of effort to try and take him to a level that his peers can't reach. His day would probably consist of off-ice training, working on his strength and fitness by putting in some extra hours in the weight room to get his strength up. Maybe the reason that Kaarlo has been underperforming this season is because he's been putting too much work in and his body needs time to recover, but that to Kaarlo is taking the easy way out and something that he doesn't even think about doing. It's tough but also as someone who loves training and working out, it's just what Kaarlo loves to do. It'll be interesting to see the ways in which this type of activity affects him over the rest of his career.

Code:
175 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

I hopped off the plane at YGK ,with a dream and my hockey bag. Welcome to the land of history and redneck galore, Am I gonna fit in? Jumped in the cab, here I am for the 100th time visiting the family. Look to my right, and I see the Sir John A Macdonald sign, This is all so crazy!
Everybody seems so clad in camo, My tummy's turnin' and I'm feelin' like I need to hunt or party. Too much pressure and I'm nervous, That's when the bus driver turned on the radio And a Dirks bentley song was on, And a Dirks bentley song was on, And a Dirks bentley song was on.
So I put my Shotgun up, They're playing my song, the mallards fly away, I'm loaddin' my gun like, yeah, Movin' the clips like, yeah. I got my guns up, they're playing my song, The ducks better fly away, Yeah, it's a party in the KFL and A. Yeah, it's a party in the KFL and A. Attending queens to party during covid, I said look who cares we are just kids we can't get the virus. Little did we know we'd become a statistic, this all feels so distant, and the RN has my line, and the RN has my line! For my ventilator....COUGH COUGH COUGH HACK HACK OH F

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

With the odd off day, Cassius Darrow would have a full and busy day. He’d start the morning getting up early (IT’S LIKE THIS MAN NEVER SLEEPS) to do some quiet yoga in his home before spending some time reading in his home library. At this point, he has over 800 books (and that’s after donating over 100 books a few years ago!) After that calm and reflective morning, Darrow would start into a full afternoon of his second love: cooking. Today, Darrow is meal planning for the week: throwing together a simple fruit salad for his breakfasts of veggie omelets, making homemade spätzle, and then grinding and smoking his own homemade knockwursts. A season or two ago, Darrow purchased a smoker to go in his back yard, and it’s been a special adventure expanding his culinary skills to the realm of smoked meats. After all that, Cassius will still find time later in the evening to video chat his sister and young nephews. After over a decade of trying, he was finally able to talk his sister and mother (and sister’s family) to move to North America to be closer to him. They live 15 minutes away from him in Seattle; after so long being so far from family, Cassius is thrilled to have them close.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

My days off I enjoy the finer things in life. I dive into the history of my people and study the great generals and warriors of my past. I read their texts and study their lives to provide inspiration for my combat. The Art of War by Niccolo Machiavelli and Stratagems by Frontinus are lovely reads which instill good fundamentals for combat. Machiavelli in his The Prince also highlights the importance of a ruler to be strong of body and to individually be proficient in the art of combat. This is the type of leadership I wish to live by. I go out there on the ice to be a leader of men. I do so by fighting hard for my teammates and they respect me for it. Once a NHL player Jason Spezza said “We love when we have a goon on the team because that means we only have 11 skaters so guys like me get more icetime”. He is a degenerate who never won anything.

words 168.

[Image: livius.gif]