Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

Well I am an avid homebrewer and I love spending my days off brewing a new batch of beer for the team. If I'm not doing that, then I also enjoy playing some NHL 21 (I absolutely refuses to call it CHEL.... kids) with the team. On the rare chance that the latest brew is still fermenting and I get too annoyed with EA's horrendous AI, then I also enjoy spending my time reading a good book. The team will joke on me for being such a bookworm, but it's nice to escape from the hustle and bustle of being a professional hockey player sometimes. Currently I'm reading through Lord of the Rings for about the 5th time. Before I knew I was going to be a hockey player, my life long dream was to become a wizard. Honestly I still wouldn't mind becoming a wizard, but that's something that I'll look more into after retirement.

WC: 163

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Angus McFife the eighteenth finally has an off day after 6 days of intensive training with his fellow raptors. He loves the camaraderie his fellowship provides, but even the greatest heroes require some time alone sometimes. Angus spends his off day doing his favorite hobby, searching for hidden artefacts, preferably ones that could help him in his quest to defeat sargothrax. This is why our honorable prince got into Geo-Caching. It's a weird concept to him but it is said people hide treasures and then give a numerical quest log to the hero, who then has to find the thing. So far in his search for armor, jewels or spells, Angus has only found an old tea mug with no magical power, a bronze candlestick with some mustard on it (???) and empty wine bottles with a distress message, sadly not from a damsel so Angus couldn't help with that. Hey it's already been a couple of hours of geo-caching, he's already back to practicing his hockey so he's ready for the next step in his career.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Hmm, I like to start with a nice sleep in. No alarms, no schedules, just me and the pillows. Once I'm up I'll whip up some fresh coffee and a big batch of nona Scholz' special german pancakes. Load that bad boy up with syrup and powdered sugar too. Team trainer wouldn't be thrilled, but hey he's not here. Unless I had someone to be, which I hope I don't, I'd set up shop in front of the TV and catch up on some shows. Word on street is some of these new Marvel TV shows on Disney+ are actually pretty solid, so perhaps I'll binge watch one of those. After a productive afternoon I'd see what's going on in some of the other leagues around the world. How are my Senators doing in the rival NHL? Not well, but hey they beat the Canucks twice!

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

During the season I am usually dialed in. It's all hockey all the time much to the chagrin of my wife and son. At the moment my boy is over in Korea playing with the national team and running some development camps so that means some quality time with my lovely wife. There is a lot of work to be done around the house so we'll probably spend a day or two taking care of business. With that out of the way we will get caught up on TV and movies that we have missed out on. We'll probably take a day trip out somewhere around Baltimore. Basically, I am going to toss my phone and disconnect from the SHL and enjoy a week off with IU. Now, I can't shut down completely. I need to keep up my conditioning. At my age especially, too much time off without any work can derail a season. Early mornings will be my training time and everything else is time much needed with my wife.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

In Eller’s days off, he’s a gamer. He enjoys playing World of Warcraft casually, and some other games like Apex Legends. Especially in the world we’re in today with the global Covid-19 pandemic, he tries to limit his exposure to people outside of his household to adhere to the SHL protocols.
He’s also learned a lot about cooking in the last few months. In the beforetimes, he would order for takeout or eat in the team practice facility using the chefs that were on staff. Since he’s been in his personal space more, he’s signed up for online cooking courses and has made some gourmet meals such as Chicken Marsala, Soy Mushroom Ramen, Pasta Bolognese, and more. Eller has gained some more respect for his meals and where they come from as a result of his time learning about the culinary world.
Finally, it’s the honing of his craft. Even on off days, if you want to be a Hall of Famer, the grind doesn’t stop. He works on reaction time drills and cognitive exercises to improve his ability to analyze the game in real time.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

It might sound a bit weird, but Aumy Jr. his free day is spending the same as his working days. It's practice for him and it's pretty obvious why. Buffalo Stampede is one of the best teams in this league and he needs to keep up with whole roster to win championship this season.

We can't forget the fact that next off-season there will be two more expansion teams and that means - expansion draft. Aumy Jr. isn't a bad player, but Buffalo Stampede has stacked roster and he might even be unprotected. However - he wants to play for Buffalo Stampede long term and he wants to stay here. Best way to prove this team that they need to keep him is not workout, but outwork other players.

Aumy Jr. starts his day off with skating on his self made hockey court in his backyard. After that he trains his stamina. After that he spends some time with family and in the evening goes to individual training once again.

168 words

Stars Stars Stars

I would probably try to escape and forget about the games and hockey in general, maybe go to dinner and a movie or if the weather is good get a golf round in, or maybe all 3, start with a round of golf in the morning, then have a relaxing evening where I go for a nice steak dinner or something like that then head to see a movie. Assuming it is not 2 days off (seems unlikely lol), I'd probably have to turn in right after the movie to get up bright and early for practice or game prep or what ever else we do that day. Luc doesn't have a girl friend or wife just yet, so he would probably just find some random to go to these things with, or just fly solo, either way it sounds like a pretty solid use of a day off.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Kata Vilde of course spends his off days checking out new and exciting places to eat. Since Guy Fieri went to Toronto Vilde has been spotted checking out a few of the spots that were featured. The first stop was Caplansky's deli since sammiches are a Dragons favorite. He started with the smoked meat hash, then had the Ruebenesque and finally had the smoked meatloaf. It was definitely a belt loosening experience for sure. Then it was off to The Stockyards for some more smoky goodness. He started with Chicken and waffles, then their famous BLT and finally the pastrami sammich on rye. Then finally The Rosedale diner. Vilde wanted something a bit different so he went with the Shakshouka which is fried eggs, harissa tomato sauce, tahini, challah toast. Then it was a version of poutine with Fries 'n' Gravy 'n' Cheese 'n' Chicken, onion fries, Quebecois cheese curds, chicken gravy, with shawarma-spiced chicken thigh. Then to satisfy the sweet tooth it was Tahini Halva Brownie, brownie with swirled tahini & sesame confection. It was a very satisfying and filling trip and Vilde can only hope Dragon's management doesn't find out since he has a weight clause in his contract.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Sven Svenson is going to spend his day off trying to rest his body and mind. He will relax with some video games, maybe watch some twitch if he isn’t in the competitive mindset after the tough week. First things first, Sven is definitely sleeping in until 10am on his day off. He is usually up around 8am to get in a good breakfast and light stretch before any morning skate requirements he has, so will be taking advantage of the day off to catch up on some zzz’s. After waking up and eating a nice omelet that he made all on his own, Sven is going to do a light jog over to the workout facility to do some minor stretching, foam rolling, and then jump back and forth between the cold tub and hot tub. After he gets home, Sven is probably going to work on his Starcraft 2 game. He’s been grinding to get better, but sometimes the competition is too much and he’ll just watch some pro games instead.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

For Valdis, he fills his free time with a couple of activities. Being on the road a ton in the J its important to be able to unwind when you have some idle time. Of course there are the main stays of Netflix and watching shows, but recently Valdis has discovered a great relaxing game on his switch, Stardew Valley. It's a simple game with a surprising amount of depth that you can really sink time into you. Perfect for a long bus ride or a day off. Another activity that Valdis enjoys on his days of is listening to music. Ever since he was a young boy in Lativa he was fascinated with the sound of delta blues musicians. Some off days Valdis will try to learn some blues songs on his own guitar or go down to the local anchorage pub and listen to some people play. Good times all around for the boat boy.

wc:157

[Image: bolobillshlsig.gif]

"Day off?" Eero Makela asks, repeating the reporter's question. "What's a day off?"

The reporter explains the concept to the hulking rearguard. The giant native of Finland laughs and rolls his eyes.

"I did not get to this level by having days off," Makela answers brusquely. "I do weight training five days a week. I do cardio five days a week. I do yoga three days a week. That's thirteen days. Does that sound like someone who has days off?"

Makela then proceeds to grab a steel rod from his locker and bend it in half with ease. He then shapes it into a dog, like someone who makes balloon animals at children's birthday parties.

"This is my time off," Makela continues, grabbing another rod from his locker and shaping it into a rabbit. "I am always working, always getting stronger. The coach, right now he has me on a leash. He says to not hit so much, I might hurt someone badly." There is a pause as Makela puts the steel rods back into his locker. "Not all coaches will limit me in this way. I will be ready."

Most of Emilia's days off are spent half-and-half: half on relaxing, half on working up a sweat. Even when there are six consecutive days of practice or games, Emilia ensures that she remains lithe and fit in preparation for the following week. She takes the first half of the day relatively seriously, practicing skating and positioning or lifting weights for a handful of hours before washing off and potentially spending the remainder of the day just laying in bed browsing Instagram (she's adjusted well to American culture). Alternatively, she made great friends with a few players while in Anaheim, including mentor and current SF Pride member Alex Petrenko and collegiate sprinter Sara Wagner -- so on a 'long' break, it's not abnormal for her to take a flight to hang out across the country -- plus, it gives her a break from the fiercely cold weather of Buffalo. Lastly, if none of the above, Emilia will find some local theater or cafe and take in some local culture!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

I spend my off days doing two of the things I love the most, playing hockey and cooking! If I can't get into our practice rink for a skate I'll usually try to find one of the local University, junior or AAA teams and see if they are ok with me joining in for a practice. Usually there is no complaint whatsoever and I have been able to build up some connections where I can just fire off a quick text and see who responds with available ice time.
Once that is done (preferable in the morning), I like to prep some food, so once deciding on what I'm doing (meat I'll go to the butcher, pasta I make myself) I'll go to the small specialized shops and farmers market. Usually it's a little expensive, but the fresh ingredients go a long way, I like to support the local folks, and it's one of the perks of being a pro athlete not needing to worry about a little bump in cost.

After that it's usually wind down time in the hot tub. A very pleasant day.

Code:
194 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Since Lemo and his wife and little kid have just recently moved from Anchorage, Alaska to Dallas, Texas, they have a lot of catching up to do and not a lot of free time to do it. Since we are still in the midst of a pandemic and professional athletes still need to make sure that they don’t compromise their health, then obviously right now they are choosing to focus more on just general outdoors sightseeing around the city, the parks and nature reserves and various plazas and memorials and other stuff like that. Last weekend they visited the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden and next weekend they are planning to take a trip to Arbor Hill Nature Reserve for a little family hike. There will be plenty of time once the pandemic is over to make it to all the interesting indoors attractions and otherwise crowded places like the Dallas Zoo, the Six Flags Over Texas amusement park and The Dallas World Aquarium and the Dallas Museum of Art. All in all, while the beautiful Alaskan wilderness will always stay with Lemo in his cherished memories, he has been pleasantly surprised by what a sunny metropolis like Dallas has to offer him as well.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Nick Brain does spend his day off doing what hockey coaches refer to as "Dryland Training". Running cross-country in the concrete jungle for a few miles, then going home and lifting weights in his outdoor workout patio, followed by some squats and short dashes. Keeping in shape for a veteran on physical decline like Nick is super important.

Then Nick enjoys his leisure time, sampling the latest variant of beef jerky from his local farmer's market suppliers, making his own lunch, using British techniques obtained from the tutelage of Gordon Ramsay, and then proceeding to absolutely demolish the online competition in Street Fighter Alpha 3. Then, Nick gets in one final workout in the late-night hours, hitting his exercise bike hard while watching tape of the next opponent.

Nick then makes sure he has a nice dark room to sleep in (science and stuff says this is optimal for good sleep), that the alarm and security systems are on point and ready to detect any barbarians at the gate, and then gets a solid 9 hours of sleep to prepare for the next day.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars