Create Account

S59 PT #2 Your Day Off!

It's been a gruelling stretch of hockey here. 3 games in 4 days and for some reason we've held practices in between. Finally, the schedule gods and the coaches have given us a break here and I intend to use it to the fullest.

I only have one plan, and it's a very basic one. I just want to sit on my couch with buckets of popcorn and just binge watch my favourite shows. Not new shows, not continue a show I was watching, just rewatch some of my favourite shows. It just gives me a sense of calm and I can watch and not have to fully pay attention and just relax. I know popcorn is not an ideal choice, especially during the season, but I allow myself to indulge rarely so I just want to crush buckets and buckets of buttery popcorn.

I'm a simple man, I want my snack and I want my shows. Let me recharge and get ready to continue the grind of the SHL season.

(171 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 78
48-15-3
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 31] [Pts 37] [+/- +39] [PIM 42] [Hits 66] [SB 128]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Julio sits on the couch, updates his fantasy team, and naps while his wife's shows play in the background. He does a bit of dicking around on the computer; he regularly gets lost in internet rabbit holes. Although he is interested in getting vaccinated, Julio is a veteran player who is learning to enjoy the downtime and sedentary lifestyle. he's saving money, and drinking less, but now he's saved too much and hasn't gotten drunk in a long time and won't drink alone. About once every 4th off day, Julio will get together with friends or family and drink a ton. it used to be every off day, and before that it used to be every off and on day, but times are changing and Julio is changing too.

Julio also enjoys light yard work. He likes heavier yard work too, if there is a clever solution that he can help with. otherwise he crosses his arms and glares at his irrigation problems. its not a cow pond if its in the suburbs.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

ISFL affiliate - name is Punter715

[Image: PT2.jpg]

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: hudson.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Artemius Nystrom is what's known in Sweden as a Råggar. This somewhat notorious subculture combines the aesthetics and trucks of American rednecks with the additional aesthetics, cars, music, and perhaps most distinctively the hairstyles of American greasers from roughly the 1950s. One might not expect to see a large pickup truck barreling through northern Sweden flying both the Confederate and American flags at the same time while blasting Guitar Rock by Bill Flagg, but this is precisely how Nystrom spent his time back home. Now, with his SMJHL paychecks and more immediate access to American antiques, Nystrom spends much of his free time working on, and driving around Denver in, his authentic 1947 Packard Clipper. He's already given it a fresh coat of paint and reinforced its undercarriage, and has been considering whether it would be better to replace its aging engine with an authentic engine from the same model, or find a way to squeeze a V12 engine into the old car and show the old girl a good time out on the Utah salt flats.

[180 words]

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Well this can go in some really wacky directions but ultimately as a die hard fanatic of mental and physical health, I think a day off or even two would be taken in great strides. The constant grind of sleeping, eating and thinking healthy plays a toll on ones self control. So if I may so, I would not only take a day off but a whole long week-end type thing. That's right, 3 days in a row of self loathing to drinking and eating whatever my heart or rather my stomach desires.

My go to junk foods would include, chocolate, chips, dips, fatty ribs, any kind of battered food, also random restaurants for all that greasy fatty foods like pizza and hamburgers. You know all that shit that I never but never get to eat while playing and training for hockey. Basically I get to run up my cholesterol levels to the maximum it has ever been and then casually bring it back down to my normal healthy levels. Oh and did I forget to mention all the IPA beers I will be taking in? Yes no water for me during this 3 day splurge!

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

And on the seventh day, I continued to have some kind of work to do.

You see, I'm a husband now. I don't have off days. I took a day off and was told "hey, can you do this and this and this and this and this?" Yes, dear. Of course.

So my off day consists of some effort being put in. I have to mow the lawn, I need to work on the garden, I need to wash the deck, I need to make dinner, I need to do the dishes, I need to do laundry. My off day is a hard day that takes it's toll and makes me really work.

That's before we get into the father aspect, where I also have to really run around with the kids in between everything else going on. I have no time at all for myself, at least until the end of the day at which point I'm exhausted and missing being at the rink and away from the chaotic nightmare of home.

And ya know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. The wife deals with this chaos every single day. I'm gone all the time, it's difficult on her. If I can give her a reprieve sometimes, I'm all ears. It can be rough on me, but it's a great thing for her and her mental health and that is what is most important to me in this world. You know how they say happy wife, happy life? Well, I'm working on it every single day.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

There's plenty to do in Buffalo on Harrington's day off. But what he really likes to do is head on over to Hawkins, Indiana to hang out with his old pals. There's always plenty of hijinks to participate in there, some of which was covered on the hit Netflix series Stranger Things. But there is always more to the story (some of which is covered on the new season 4 of Stranger Things). Steve hopes these never collide with his hockey life however, as it would probably be difficult to maintain his point per game pace if a demogorgon were to start terrorizing the ice while he was playing. Luckily he has more low key activities he enjoys such as basket weaving, swimming, and underwater basket weaving. There is always fun to be had recreationally with other Buffalo boys. Hippo and fish throw a mean pool party that he can practice his basket weaving in. They usually have tasty Buffalo wings there.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

Days off are a precious thing for most people. Hockey players are no exception to that. After almost a full week of constantly being on the ice, both the body and mind will be completely exhausted. A player won't be much good to his team until they've recouped a bit and gotten their faculties fully back. The trick is to cram as much relaxation as possible into the little free time given during the season. Some folks go out and drink, looking for one night stands and a good time. Others spend their money enthusiastically on anything they feel would make them happy. For Adrik Baranov, with his opinions on how to relax firmly rooted in a modest upbringing back home just outside of Moscow. Relaxation means going out into nature. Taking the dog for a hike through the nearby forests and often futilely attempt to forget about hockey for a few moments.

153 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

I spend my free days watching the UFC fights, not doing illegal drugs, and hanging with the boys. Okay there will be honeys but we aren't really hanging, know what I mean? So I'll probably be in my regular spot of a VIP booth of the dopest, hottest club in whatever city the team is in at the moment. If they don't have a T.V. for the fights they will figure out how to get one in, because I bring them the big bucks for the night. There is a chance that I will do some real man shit, like hunting, or street racing, or something like betting on cock fights. It's good to keep it old school and get in touch with your inner primal ape. All jokes aside I will probably sit on my ass at home watching reruns of a mediocre sitcom that I'm barely paying attention to as I scroll through reddit on my phone.

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

In well deserved day off Jst Maro tries to forget all about hockey. Sometimes he decides just to sleep thru the day especially if day is rainy, going for a walk in snow is also something that fills Maro's batteries.
But if the weather is nice and there is any water (pond, lake, river, sea,...) nearby then Jst Maro goes to do what he likes the most after hockey of course. And that is fishing. Maro really enjoys fishing of land or of the boat but what Maro doesn't miss ever is fishing on the ice. He actually very rarely keeps the fish that he caught, most of fishes goes straight back to the water to live another day. But if fish looks like it would be good dinner, then Maro keeps it and if possible grills it back at home or hotel. And when that happens that means that off day of was a perfect success and most likely Maro will score at least a point in his next game.

[Image: Zyhl0FL.png]

With six consecutive days of games and grueling practices behind him, Cormac Pónaire has decided to spend his off day doing what a young Irish lad in a foreign country does best - wander around looking for the best Irish pub in the city. Unfortunately for him, Irish pubs are few and far between in the northern Canadian city of Winnipeg.

After trying multiple bars looking for a pint of Guinness, and finding that every single place only has bottled Guinness, he finally came across a hole in the wall dive bar. Alfie's Restaurant & Billiards Lounge. It looked a little boarded up, but there was music coming from inside so he went in. The food was lacking, but they had some of the best Guinness since his days back home in Ireland.

When he went to practice the next day, he was telling his coaches about the place. It turns out the restaurant had shut down permanently in 2019. Cormac went back that night, and it was run down and abandoned. The hunt for a proper pint continues.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

After 6 days of non-stop hockey, Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr. was finally off from practice/games. How does he enjoy this day? Well, he decided to be like his father. But instead of actually playing football (euorpean), he sat on a lazy boy with a pint of cold beer and played the game EA makes tons of money on, which is Fifa 21. He invited his teammates to come over to his loft and they all had a tournament with international teams. Of course Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr picked his mother land of Sweden. Although they had an underwhelming roster, he can at least use his dad in the game who stands at 6'5" and will just do some acrobatic move to score goals. His toughest competition was against Mitchell van der Heijden, who ofcourse chose his mother land of Netherlands. Netherlands are an overpowered team because they have one of the best defenders in the world in Van Dijk so just getting past him will be a miracle. But utlitizing his dad's skill moves and strength, he was able to skillfully move past Van Dijk and score the winning goal. Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr, ended up winning the entire tournament.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]