Create Account

S59 PT #4 All-Star Snub

Memes an emotional outburst aside, Monkey D. Luffy probably should have gotten a nod. I understand the reasoning behind why he didn’t but it’s still a snub. He has had a great season with Buffalo and while he’s on a superior team, his individual accomplishments can’t be overlooked. Through 62 games he has 39 goals and 36 assists. He’s third on the team in points with 75. He’s getting older but still playing superior to other players his age. He definitely got consideration but should have been on the team. His defensive play is probably what held him back as he has a poor grade in that department. He’s only got 13 blocks and 36 hits which is a glaring hole even for a forward. He makes up for it with his firepower though. I expect him to get consideration over the next few seasons unless his performance falls of a cliff, which isn’t likely.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

The All Star Game has come and gone in the SHL. It was full of moments and memories that the players that attended won't forget. Like every All Star selection in any sport, there will always be players were were snubbed for that honor. I have chosen 1 Goalie, 1 Defenseman, and 1 Forward who I feel should have been chosen for this seasons All Star list.

A Jobin - The Hamilton netminder has been having an amazing season with 39 wins and 6 shutouts in 49 starts, this may be the most obvious choice for me.

Nicholas Owens - The Defenseman from Buffalo has 17 goals and 55 points in his 62 games with the Stampede.  Augustus Wang takes all the spotlight form Owens, he still deserves his own recognition.

Mika Kandinsky - In his 63 games played so far, Kandinsky has scored 27 goals and 46 assists. His play this season has been must watch for all SHL fans.

PBE PT

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 03:55 PM by Fantobens.)

I was the biggest all star snub. I was plus a bajillion and my goals against per sixty minutes played was top in the league. Fact of the matter is I’m a defensive nightmare for other teams and there is no recognition for it. When I’m on the ice the other team doesn’t score. Facts.

Just ignore the part where I’m on a bottom pair playing only about fifteen minutes per game. No power play time no penalty kill time. Very protected minutes against the other teams third lines. None of that matters, because if you see me in the ice just dump the puck. Not to mention I don’t bock shots. Ew, that shit looks like it hurts.

Just remember you need people like me in the league, to prop up your superstars. Take minutes and not be a liability. I mean there should be some kind of recognition for it. Would it kill anyone to tell me I’m doing well?

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

I would probably go with Phineas Gold from the Minnesota Monarchs as a pretty big snub, sure he is 2nd on the Minnesota team in total points, 2 points behind Cal Labovitch who got an all star spot that he deserves. But Phineas Gold has had a hell of a season. 33 goals which is team leading on the Minnesota Monarchs, and tied for the 8th place in the Simulation Hockey league this season. Even more impressive is that 28 out of those 33 goals are even strenght, only 4 on the Power play and 1 shorthanded goal. Phineas Gold also has a very solid 25 assists this season, 20 of them are even strenght and 5 on the Powerplay. I don't really know who i would take out from the all star squads in place of Phineas Gold but i bet there's someone that has perfromed worse than Gold has this season.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

I will put out the names of a couple of Goalies that I believe could have been All-Star players that did not make the team. 

First Goalie from the West that I will talk about is Thor Odinson, who boasts an impressive 26-16-3 record.  He put up an amazing 2.22 Goals Against on Average, good enough for the 2nd best among starting Goalies, 7 total Shutout Games, the 3rd most among starting Goalies, and a Save Percentage of 0.921, which is 8th best among starting Goalies.  Those are monster numbers for someone to have and just sit at home during the All-Star Game. 

The second Goalie is from the East, and that is A Jobin, with his 39-9-1 record.  He has an impressive 2.34 Goals Against, 4th best amongst starting Goalies, 6 Shutout Games, 4th best for starting Goalies, and 0.917 Save Percentage, 9th best for starting Goalies.  Even though he gets to play for the powerhouse Hamilton, these numbers are mighty impressive.

Quote:163 words

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik
[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

It’s hard to say who got snubbed from the All-Star game and who made it that better should have stayed out. I am a guy that says yes to every team should at least have one player representing them at the All-Star weekend and I know that this only can happen on the back of some other guys that would made it to the All-Star game if they would just play for one of the bottom teams of the league. One of this guys is Buffalo Stampede old man Monkey D. Luffy. I have no idea what his stats have been at the time they selected the players. But after all the drama around the league about him not getting an invitation to the All-Star game and if you look at his points now. You can understand the feelings and frustration from him and his team mates. He clearly should have made it. But there is another chance next year.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

PBE Affiliate Claim

I think Nicolae Antonescu, the goalie for the San Francisco Pride, deserved to be in the season fifty nine all star game. Antonescu posted a .926 save percentage this season which was the best in the entire league, and posted a winning record of 23-22-4. These numbers are incredible for a goalie playing on a team like the Pride who based on TPE, should have clearly been the second worst team in the league this season. Antonenscu is a major reason why the Pride have once again exceeded expectations this season, with San Francisco amazingly finishing 11th in the league ahead of Winnipeg, New Orleans and the entire Atlantic division. Another player who was snubbed from the all-star team was Nicholas Owens of the Buffalo Stampede, who was possibly the best two way defenseman in the league this season with 57 points to go with 181 blocks and 143 hits.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Johnny Shuffleboard deserves to win every award. Why do you ask? Because he is me.
Here's the basic rundown. Everyone knows that the best way to measure a player's season is by the first few games. Ignore this "short sample size" garbage that everyone pulls. The best way to measure players' are their first few games.
Shuffleboard netted his first goal this season in game number one. So like, why does it matter that he ended the season with just 6? If he had continued at that rate he would have scored 66 goals. That would get him an All Star nod for sure.
At the start of the season, Shuffleboard, and his partner Axel Foley, led the league in plus/minus for a long time. Plus/Minus is easily the best stat. Plus/Minus is not luck, it is easily the best way to measure a player. And a good Plus/Minus over just the first few games? That's practically MVP worthy.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

The biggest all star snub of the season was Nicolae Antonescu, the goalie for my team SFP. Antonescu's save % alone should have had him in the All-star game as 0.926 was the highest across the entire league. While he only saw 3 shut outs on the season, the lower TPE of the pride team is much to do with that and to concede only 150 goals in over 3000 minutes is up there with some of the top goalies in the league. When compared to the starter for the western conference, Markus Tegernako who also had a good season, Antonescu had a higher save% and less goals against with both players on teams almost neck and neck in the season standings. While there is definitely an argument for either, Antonescu definiely deserved at least a backup spot as one of the bright lights of SFP. Antonescu was one of the biggest reasons why the Pride had such a good season and should be in contention for awards come award season.

I have not looked at the all star rosters, and really don't know which players are good in the SHL at all. That being said, I am really angry that my favorite player did not get make the all star roster. He is so good at whichever position he plays in and it really is a shame he didn't make it. He's probably among the top in the league at all those major stats among his respective position, whatever that is. Does the committee even know what they're doing letting this guy stay out? And instead of putting in my favorite player, they put in some random guy that I like a lot less? Did they even think about my feelings when they made their decisions? They should have known that I would be upset by this, and they probably did it on purpose out of spite. That's really the only reasoning I can imagine for this ridiculous decision.

The reality is that getting snubbed from the simulation hockey League all Star game should barely register on any self respecting top of the league player. Like John Scott getting selected in the national hockey League all Star game the simulation hockey League all Star game includes players from all teams so that the fans have an opportunity to see their team represented. Rather than being an actual show of the leagues top talent it is just a fun day out for everyone that is involved. Really what people should be getting mad about is it they are snubbed from the three star teams at the end of the season as that actually goes towards their selection for the hall of fame. Therefore is it really getting snubbed if you miss out on what is more or less an exhibition game or is it just allowing all teams to get in on the fun? After all we are all just here playing a game.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Ill keep a buck, I dont know who an all star snub will be. It will probably be either a player on a bad team that gets pretty good numbers but doesnt have the all star levels. Or it will be a goalie that is on a good team so their season will get invalidated for some reason. I dont really know. If you look at all stars, you will look at basically, goals, assists, and points. So if could be someone with a lot of goals but not a lot of point that would "justify" being an all star? maybe. Or it would be someone that is like the 4th or 5th best player on a team like Buffalo or Hamilton that will get salty when they dont get a nomination. Other than that, I can see there be no snubs depending on who gets nominated. Maybefor rookie all star there will be a snub

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 06:26 PM by gurbs.)

Captain Mika for sure. Despite putting up career numbers the past two seasons, both years the franchise center was snubbed of an invite to compete with the best in the annual exhibition contest. It's a tired, recurring theme for the center, but he told ESPN that his All-Star drought should be eliminated this time around.

"I've gotten frustrated just for the fact that it feels like I always got to be the fall guy and every other guy has been deserving," Mika tells ESPN. "In the past, the thing has been, 'All right, my team has been 10 games under .500 or not in the playoffs,' but every year we've found a way to be in the postseason, and this year I think we're in much better position than we have been in the past two seasons that I didn't make it. We ended up not making playoffs but that’s only because of the loaded division we are in. Top 6 team that doesn’t make the all star game?  I think I've gotten over the emotional part of it the last few times that I didn't make it. Now I'm kind of like expecting it to go that way, but I feel like I should be there."

*quick disclaimer: I didn’t actually interview Mika for this.*

[Image: gurbs.gif]