Create Account

WJC Announcement

Hello SHL Community,

WJC GM job postings will go live later this afternoon. I’d like to thank Wulf, Dwayne, and Roastpuff for their hard work as we evaluated changes for this season’s tournament.

We’ve made a few adjustments to the rulebook for this tournament. The changes are italicized within the rulebook which can be found HERE.

WJC HO has created a new Player Eligibility Spreadsheet for this tournament. This new sheet reduces a lot of the clutter and the maintenance associated with the sheet's upkeep. This new sheet will be provided to the GMs upon their hiring to maximize their time to analyze and create their rosters with up-to-date information on player activity status. This will reduce roster eligibility confusion.

In addition to the sheet changes, WJC has announced that the Team Canada and Team USA split-squad formats have been abolished to enable them to assemble competitive, active rosters. To fill the void left by the departure of those teams, we will be creating the following teams:

Team Young Guns: Composed of WJC eligible unselected players from the two most recent draft classes. Their roster submission will be due two days after other WJC rosters are due. This team is an attempt to further engage the newer users and give them a taste of international play when they otherwise would be sitting idle.

Team North America: Composed of WJC eligible unselected players from Canada and USA. Their roster submission will be due two days after other WJC rosters are due. This team is a hybrid of the previous USA/CAN split-squad goal and will allow us to leverage those Federations’ larger player pool.

We are excited about these changes, and can’t wait to get the tournament started.

Kind regards,

WJC HO

**originally posted in SHL media, but it was requested to be posted here**

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Can IIHF Gms get that eligible player list? Been looking for a source of info on new draft classes

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

05-12-2021, 10:57 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Can IIHF Gms get that eligible player list? Been looking for a source of info on new draft classes

IIHF HO is supposed to take care of that in the eligible players lists

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

this looks likea good change, might consider getting a gm hiring thread up soon too, but yall seem on top of your shit which is a nice change of pace for the wjc which at times was 100% a neglected afterthought

Lemme try asking again WTF is team young guns and why can’t my federation have our own squad?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

05-14-2021, 04:27 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Lemme try asking again WTF is team young guns and why can’t my federation have our own squad?

Sometimes there are literally not enough Czech players to field a team, even with inactives. Don't know if this is the case this season but I've seen it when I was doing the lists

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 11:49 AM by Blastmeaway.)

05-14-2021, 05:14 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-14-2021, 04:27 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Lemme try asking again WTF is team young guns and why can’t my federation have our own squad?

Sometimes there are literally not enough Czech players to field a team, even with inactives. Don't know if this is the case this season but I've seen it when I was doing the lists

Naw dog, I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t know my federation didn’t have enough players.

This season and last season we have had enough players to field our own WJC Team again. I understand why small nations are paired together, But when we work to get to the point of having our own prominence we’re just checked back to the back of the line for some BS secondary USA or Canada Team. Each season I have someone from my federation that gets left off WJC because we are paired with Russia and Latvia. I understand that’s the purpose of Team world/Mercenaries, but also at the same time who wants to play for another team when they could reasonably play for their own team. Small nation teams should take priority over BS team like Team Young Guns. THIS IS THE DUMB SHIT PEOPLE GET ANGRY AT IIHF/WJC OVER AND THEN DONT CARE ABOUT IT AGAIN. This isn’t a case if we’ll Canada or USA is bigger and they should have two teams. No they shouldn’t they can barely field one competitive team as is. My small nation of Czechia has 5 WJC holds, 3 of which are partnered with Latvia and Russia as UCORCAL. Big Bad Canada also hold 5 WJC holds since S38, so why is my Czechia back put on the back burner?

@Ace Can I get a response from you or someone on your WJC HO team please? Instead of speculation from other.
Another point of contention I’d like to ask about is why the WJC Medal history thread hasn’t been updated since S55 (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=88123) why?

Also why’d you post the same thread in media Dog? Tryna hustle the system? Don’t you already make enough money from trading the same 3rd round pick again? (Media Thread link with the same shit in it.... https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115939).

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2021, 08:44 PM by Fluw.)

05-15-2021, 11:41 AMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-14-2021, 05:14 PMSlashACM Wrote: Sometimes there are literally not enough Czech players to field a team, even with inactives. Don't know if this is the case this season but I've seen it when I was doing the lists

Naw dog, I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t know my federation didn’t have enough players.

This season and last season we have had enough players to field our own WJC Team again. I understand why small nations are paired together, But when we work to get to the point of having our own prominence we’re just checked back to the back of the line for some BS secondary USA or Canada Team. Each season I have someone from my federation that gets left off WJC because we are paired with Russia and Latvia. I understand that’s the purpose of Team world/Mercenaries, but also at the same time who wants to play for another team when they could reasonably play for their own team. Small nation teams should take priority over BS team like Team Young Guns. THIS IS THE DUMB SHIT PEOPLE GET ANGRY AT IIHF/WJC OVER AND THEN DONT CARE ABOUT IT AGAIN. This isn’t a case if we’ll Canada or USA is bigger and they should have two teams. No they shouldn’t they can barely field one competitive team as is. My small nation of Czechia has 5 WJC holds, 3 of which are partnered with Latvia and Russia as UCORCAL. Big Bad Canada also hold 5 WJC holds since S38, so why is my Czechia back put on the back burner?

@Ace Can I get a response from you or someone on your WJC HO team please? Instead of speculation from other.
Another point of contention I’d like to ask about is why the WJC Medal history thread hasn’t been updated since S55 (https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=88123) why?

Also why’d you post the same thread in media Dog? Tryna hustle the system? Don’t you already make enough money from trading the same 3rd round pick again? (Media Thread link with the same shit in it.... https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=115939).

Hey @Blastmeaway,

Your concerns have been noted, however when I built the eligibility sheet for this years WJC unfortunately Czech player only numbered 17 out a required 20 to have a full roster of players. Now I get the frustration and feeling like Czechia is being snubbed but that is not the case at all.

We are constantly looking for feedback on how to improve the WJC and we have been taking steps at implementing them see this seasons changes noted by Ace above. Now you might find the Young Guns idea stupid, however the whole point of the WJC is to give active players, specifically new creates, something to do and watch in the offseason rather than have them just waiting for the draft as has happened so many times in the past.

Rest assured no one is specifically trying to snub your team and put them on the back burner. We have implemented Team Young Guns/ Team North America this season to try and find a solution to the issue of having actives sitting out of the WJC. We will take a look at how well this project has gone once the WJC has concluded, and if required will change it as needed, much like the Canada/USA split squad that was implemented, tested and removed when it did not work as intended.

Additionally with Team Young Guns and calling it bullshit is unwarranted as it's purpose is to provide young players that normally are left off teams, especially DFAs, an opportunity to play in the WJC rather than just wait for the draft, it plays into player retention which is one of the purposes of both the WJC and the SMJHL.

I appreciate you voicing your concerns and standing up for your team, I have noted these concerns down, and I can promise that the active numbers of each player per nation are being monitored, and if Czechia does surpass the roster requirements to field a team for the next WJC a split from UCORCAL will be considered and reviewed for its feasibility. No system is perfect, and there is things to be improved upon for sure but this is just the beginning of something great for the WJC.

Thanks,

Fluw/Wulf

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

05-16-2021, 08:42 PMFluw Wrote:
05-15-2021, 11:41 AMBlastmeaway Wrote: Naw dog, I wouldn’t ask if I didn’t know my federation didn’t have enough players.

Hey @Blastmeaway,

Your concerns have been noted, however when I built the eligibility sheet for this years WJC unfortunately Czech player only numbered 17 out a required 20 to have a full roster of players. Now I get the frustration and feeling like Czechia is being snubbed but that is not the case at all.

We are constantly looking for feedback on how to improve the WJC and we have been taking steps at implementing them see this seasons changes noted by Ace above. Now you might find the Young Guns idea stupid, however the whole point of the WJC is to give active players, specifically new creates, something to do and watch in the offseason rather than have them just waiting for the draft as has happened so many times in the past.

Rest assured no one is specifically trying to snub your team and put them on the back burner. We have implemented Team Young Guns/ Team North America this season to try and find a solution to the issue of having actives sitting out of the WJC. We will take a look at how well this project has gone once the WJC has concluded, and if required will change it as needed, much like the Canada/USA split squad that was implemented, tested and removed when it did not work as intended.

Additionally with Team Young Guns and calling it bullshit is unwarranted as it's purpose is to provide young players that normally are left off teams, especially DFAs, an opportunity to play in the WJC rather than just wait for the draft, it plays into player retention which is one of the purposes of both the WJC and the SMJHL.

I appreciate you voicing your concerns and standing up for your team, I have noted these concerns down, and I can promise that the active numbers of each player per nation are being monitored, and if Czechia does surpass the roster requirements to field a team for the next WJC a split from UCORCAL will be considered and reviewed for its feasibility. No system is perfect, and there is things to be improved upon for sure but this is just the beginning of something great for the WJC.

Thanks,

Fluw/Wulf

When did you build the roster? I understand the purpose of the WJC my Co-Head brought back the WJC from dead. I’m frustrated because my nation is out on the back burner because of the creates from a another nation. EVERY SINGLE SEASON I have players disappointed they don’t get to represent UCORCAL oR Czechia with the classmates/teammates and every single season those new creates don’t give a shit about WJC. All I’m asking for is more respect out for other nations than Canada ans USA. I’m not sure when you developed said Spreadsheet, but as many have asked before and I will ask now may I see it? I sent @roastpuff a list of all of the proper Players for Czechia on 5/9/21 days before the WJC GMs were hired and at that point we had a team of 20 that could be roster shit we still do, so I will ask again what makes Team Young Guns or Team North America more important than Team Czechia?

05-17-2021, 11:46 AMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-16-2021, 08:42 PMFluw Wrote: Hey @Blastmeaway,

Thanks,

Fluw/Wulf

When did you build the roster? I understand the purpose of the WJC my Co-Head brought back the WJC from dead. I’m frustrated because my nation is out on the back burner because of the creates from a another nation. EVERY SINGLE SEASON I have players disappointed they don’t get to represent UCORCAL oR Czechia with the classmates/teammates and every single season those new creates don’t give a shit about WJC. All I’m asking for is more respect out for other nations than Canada ans USA. I’m not sure when you developed said Spreadsheet, but as many have asked before and I will ask now may I see it? I sent @roastpuff a list of all of the proper Players for Czechia on 5/9/21 days before the WJC GMs were hired and at that point we had a team of 20 that could be roster shit we still do, so I will ask again what makes Team Young Guns or Team North America more important than Team Czechia?
Once Czechia can field a team of active players on its own sustainably, we will be happy to break apart UCORCAL. We also want the federations to have their own teams that are separate from these coalition teams, but the numbers aren't there right now. I am sorry you feel your federation is being victimized.

The new spreadsheet was developed a week and a half ago with up-to-date eligible players. The sheet is provided to WJC GMs upon their hiring, as the WJC rulebook states.

The raw surplus of players from USA/CAN indicated the need for an additional team, but the splits of CAN Red/White and USA Red/Blue was too much on those federations. These teams we've implemented are simply to get more active players roles in the tournament.

05-17-2021, 12:01 PMAce Wrote:
05-17-2021, 11:46 AMBlastmeaway Wrote: When did you build the roster? I understand the purpose of the WJC my Co-Head brought back the WJC from dead. I’m frustrated because my nation is out on the back burner because of the creates from a another nation. EVERY SINGLE SEASON I have players disappointed they don’t get to represent UCORCAL oR Czechia with the classmates/teammates and every single season those new creates don’t give a shit about WJC. All I’m asking for is more respect out for other nations than Canada ans USA. I’m not sure when you developed said Spreadsheet, but as many have asked before and I will ask now may I see it? I sent @roastpuff a list of all of the proper Players for Czechia on 5/9/21 days before the WJC GMs were hired and at that point we had a team of 20 that could be roster shit we still do, so I will ask again what makes Team Young Guns or Team North America more important than Team Czechia?
Once Czechia can field a team of active players on its own sustainably, we will be happy to break apart UCORCAL. We also want the federations to have their own teams that are separate from these coalition teams, but the numbers aren't there right now. I am sorry you feel your federation is being victimized.

The new spreadsheet was developed a week and a half ago with up-to-date eligible players. The sheet is provided to WJC GMs upon their hiring, as the WJC rulebook states.

The raw surplus of players from USA/CAN indicated the need for an additional team, but the splits of CAN Red/White and USA Red/Blue was too much on those federations. These teams we've implemented are simply to get more active players roles in the tournament.

Why is the spreadsheet constantly hid and “redeveloped” each season. Like you can’t convince me that you’re doing the best care of player management if your recreating the wheel every season. I don’t feel as though Czechia is being victimized and have never said those words. What I do feel is that WJC HO, and you particularly aren’t doing your best job. How are you basing teams numbers from the Trade deadline when you know an influx of players will be coming in for the next draft. I’m asking you to provide numbers more clearly and communicate with IIHF. We have a direct effect of actions from WJC to IIHF for players.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2021, 01:40 PM by Ace.)

05-17-2021, 12:43 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-17-2021, 12:01 PMAce Wrote: Once Czechia can field a team of active players on its own sustainably, we will be happy to break apart UCORCAL. We also want the federations to have their own teams that are separate from these coalition teams, but the numbers aren't there right now. I am sorry you feel your federation is being victimized.

Why is the spreadsheet constantly hid and “redeveloped” each season. Like you can’t convince me that you’re doing the best care of player management if your recreating the wheel every season. I don’t feel as though Czechia is being victimized and have never said those words. What I do feel is that WJC HO, and you particularly aren’t doing your best job. How are you basing teams numbers from the Trade deadline when you know an influx of players will be coming in for the next draft. I’m asking you to provide numbers more clearly and communicate with IIHF. We have a direct effect of actions from WJC to IIHF for players.
It's not "redeveloped" each season. This is the first time we've done this in my tenure as WJC Commissioner, Blast.

Regarding IIHF communication, the IIHF Commissioner is involved in WJC HO operations and we've been communicating with Roast on a regular basis.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2021, 01:56 PM by Fluw.)

05-17-2021, 12:43 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
05-17-2021, 12:01 PMAce Wrote: Once Czechia can field a team of active players on its own sustainably, we will be happy to break apart UCORCAL. We also want the federations to have their own teams that are separate from these coalition teams, but the numbers aren't there right now. I am sorry you feel your federation is being victimized.

I can't speak on the spreadsheet being changed every season or "redeveloped" as you put it, as this is my second season on the HO team. Also it really is unfair to say that we aren't particularly doing our best jobs, as really we are attempting to do our best to put together a functional and working WJC, and being as fair as possible to all parties involved.

Additionally, It's really not possible to base teams on speculation of how many players "might" create after the trade deadline when basing the numbers of teams, these things need to be done in advance or else things become a scramble, and the WJC becomes an unstructured mess.

When considering expanding the WJC to more teams, the sheet needs to be updated, and a real look into each teams current numbers need to be taken into account, not based on speculation or future events as that is unpredictable. Everyone from the HO, simmers, file workers and GMs need time to perform their duties rather than have everything be rushed at the end, leading to mistakes from all parties and a majority of people displeased.

Again it really isn't fair to criticize us and say we aren't doing our best when you don't know the half of the work or hours we spent trying to make changes to the WJC to make the experience better. Is there room for improvement? Of course there is! That is why feedback is essential.

So Blast I get the frustration, and from what I can see is that you truly care which you have earned my respect for. What I can say is, as I said earlier, this is just the beginning for the WJC, and my plans for it. I will have a discussion with the other members of HO to see if we can create guidelines of what it would take for a nation to earn a team based on player numbers in the WJC so that it is transparent to each federation head, so that rather than being the dark you have something to go off of.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to DM me on here or discord and I would be down to talk with you on a more personal level.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Bruh what do you mean this is the first season with eligiblity lists

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

05-17-2021, 02:49 PMSlashACM Wrote: Bruh what do you mean this is the first season with eligiblity lists
He said the first time in his tenure.

The list fell into a state of disrepair after we left.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]