Create Account

Tighten up the rules surrounding FAs in the SMJHL

Coming from a brand new guy who just got here about a month ago I can only speak from my personal experience. But it can be discouraging for someone who just started out to see a team dominating with multiple IA’s who might never play in the SHL. Meanwhile newbies trying to figure out how the league even works & understand the grind/patience of gathering TPE think “oh those guys are dominating & inactive so I should be able to as well” when from my again very small experience that’s far from the case.

i think we need to fire gabe for this tbh, clearly he must of broken some rule in this

Fuck inactive; teams that would rather play IA than new users are anti development and god against the spirit of the SMJHL and it’s dumb to see people hold onto barely active players inorder to try and win a minor league cup

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

05-24-2021, 05:47 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-24-2021, 05:37 PMoverdoo Wrote: You know, I was gonna stay out of this until I read this. I usually don't like to get involved in site drama, but I think @boom brings a genuine concern to the table. It is a developmental league, they are valid concerns that could improve the quality of life of those who care about the league. I also agree that it was brought up at a sketchy time, and understand you may want to defend Kelowna because of that.

I also know you know I don't have any problems with you, and I'm sure you don't have any problems with me. I actually distinctly remember you commenting on my first article in the league, and seeing that an SHL GM was paying attention to J players got me excited for the league. I hate to bring you back here because I am quoting you, and I don't want you to take this as going after you, rather than what it actually is, which is defending @sve7en

Going after 7 is one of the worst takes in the thread. A bad teammate? Now I can't talk about his time in LAP, but in my experience with him in Carolina he was a huge reason I got as involved as I have and has made the same impact on many that have been in Carolina since. He is one of the best J GMs not because he could win a Four Star, but because he makes people love the league, become involved, give a shit. That is exactly what I think belongs in the J. Maybe he did go after you, but he is what we want as GMs in the J, and it fair for him to defend Boom in this scenario. I don't think it is fair at all to say something like that to him because of that, let alone something that I don't think you could find any evidence on remotely. I don't want you, or anybody else, to believe that isn't his main goal first and foremost, whether or not he can be stubborn, or aggressive about it.

[Image: just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-gif.gif]

This wasn’t about Carolina or LAP… this is a different teams experience,,,But I got heated when he came in hot…. and his time somewhere else is not a fair discussion…  I will say that 7 is a great site member in spite any back and forth I have with him in this thread (which we all know)

googoo gaagaa you islamophobic third person speaking mfer

05-24-2021, 06:05 PMluketd Wrote:
05-24-2021, 05:49 PMZoone16 Wrote: For what it’s worth, this issue was also occurring in the mid-S40s. It’s a loophole that I have used as well when I GMed....Kelowna lol. We had HFFO basically inactive on site apart from his one activity check to sign his active free agent contract. But he was active in the discord.

Now do I suggest closing the loophole? Not necessarily. I would however find a way to make these “AFA” have a bigger cap hit in their 4th or 5th seasons so that teams are discouraged from doing this to the point where a team can have 5+ AFAs. That or a flat limit of AFAs per team... much like the IFA caps.

how many cups did nour win vs you? really makes you think

I blame @Nictox

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 06:36 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-24-2021, 06:28 PMSamee Wrote:
05-24-2021, 05:47 PMMike Izzy Wrote: [Image: just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-gif.gif]

This wasn’t about Carolina or LAP… this is a different teams experience,,,But I got heated when he came in hot…. and his time somewhere else is not a fair discussion…  I will say that 7 is a great site member in spite any back and forth I have with him in this thread (which we all know)

googoo gaagaa you islamophobic third person speaking mfer

Even though you now reside as a troll… this should be addressed… I needed a word to rhyme with fakin. So I told you to eat ‘bacon’ in a rap post?  Laughing .. that’s hardly anything to make insinuations on… I love everyone samee, doesn’t matter what race, color, sexual affiliation you are… I could care less about that.. I’m left leaning Canadian irl.. if I saw you and we weren’t thread rapping …there would be no bacon.. I’d buy ya a beer.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Crows 4 cups let's fuckin goooo

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 06:42 PM by lmao.)

05-24-2021, 06:07 PMGraydonsanatomy Wrote: Coming from a brand new guy who just got here about a month ago I can only speak from my personal experience. But it can be discouraging for someone who just started out to see a team dominating with multiple IA’s who might never play in the SHL. Meanwhile newbies trying to figure out how the league even works & understand the grind/patience of gathering TPE think “oh those guys are dominating & inactive so I should be able to as well” when from my again very small experience that’s far from the case.

totally agree with this. if I was on a team like that I wouldn't be on the site at all today.

thankful I had a team that prioritized guys that wanted to be around and progress, and played me despite being a very mediocre rookie

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

05-24-2021, 06:34 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:28 PMSamee Wrote: googoo gaagaa you islamophobic third person speaking mfer

Even though you now reside as a troll… this should be addressed… I needed a word to rhyme with fakin. So I told you to eat ‘bacon’ in a rap post?  Laughing .. that’s hardly anything to make insinuations on… I love everyone samee, doesn’t matter what race, color, sexual affiliation you are… I could care less about that.. I’m left leaning Canadian irl.. if I saw you and we weren’t thread rapping …there would be no bacon.. I’d buy ya a beer.

I shed a tear at this. Humanity coming together. Beautiful

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Haha inactive team lost game 2

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 06:48 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-24-2021, 06:42 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:34 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Even though you now reside as a troll… this should be addressed… I needed a word to rhyme with fakin. So I told you to eat ‘bacon’ in a rap post?  Laughing .. that’s hardly anything to make insinuations on… I love everyone samee, doesn’t matter what race, color, sexual affiliation you are… I could care less about that.. I’m left leaning Canadian irl.. if I saw you and we weren’t thread rapping …there would be no bacon.. I’d buy ya a beer.

#cuz baby tonight
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=99372

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

05-24-2021, 06:41 PMlmao Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:07 PMGraydonsanatomy Wrote: Coming from a brand new guy who just got here about a month ago I can only speak from my personal experience. But it can be discouraging for someone who just started out to see a team dominating with multiple IA’s who might never play in the SHL. Meanwhile newbies trying to figure out how the league even works & understand the grind/patience of gathering TPE think “oh those guys are dominating & inactive so I should be able to as well” when from my again very small experience that’s far from the case.

totally agree with this. if I was on a team like that I wouldn't be on the site at all today.

thankful I had a team that prioritized guys that wanted to be around and progress, and played me despite being a very mediocre rookie
True you were the worse

[Image: 336.jpg]

05-24-2021, 06:34 PMMike Izzy Wrote: there would be no bacon.. I’d buy ya a beer.

Stfu Stfu Stfu Stfu

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

05-24-2021, 06:45 PMByrdeMan Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:41 PMlmao Wrote: totally agree with this. if I was on a team like that I wouldn't be on the site at all today.

True you were the worse
hurtful. reported

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

05-24-2021, 06:42 PMSlashACM Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:34 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Even though you now reside as a troll… this should be addressed… I needed a word to rhyme with fakin. So I told you to eat ‘bacon’ in a rap post?  Laughing .. that’s hardly anything to make insinuations on… I love everyone samee, doesn’t matter what race, color, sexual affiliation you are… I could care less about that.. I’m left leaning Canadian irl.. if I saw you and we weren’t thread rapping …there would be no bacon.. I’d buy ya a beer.

racism is cured

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]