Create Account

Tighten up the rules surrounding FAs in the SMJHL

05-24-2021, 06:45 PMByrdeMan Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:41 PMlmao Wrote: totally agree with this. if I was on a team like that I wouldn't be on the site at all today.

thankful I had a team that prioritized guys that wanted to be around and progress, and played me despite being a very mediocre rookie
True you were the worse
Not as bad as Podcalzone as a rookie lmfaoo 

Agree with Twix tho, being a first gen create on a stacked Berserkers team, I wasn't going to have the most ice time, but I'm really goddamn appreciative that I still found a spot in the lineup despite having incredibly low TPE, and having a chance to play in the top 6 the season after that.

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

05-24-2021, 06:46 PMKeygan Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:34 PMMike Izzy Wrote: there would be no bacon.. I’d buy ya a beer.

Stfu  Stfu  Stfu  Stfu

Is beer no good?  Interview  :eyes:

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

05-24-2021, 06:50 PMbdu754 Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:45 PMByrdeMan Wrote: True you were the worse

Agree with Twix tho, being a first gen create on a stacked Berserkers team, I wasn't going to have the most ice time, but I'm really goddamn appreciative that I still found a spot in the lineup despite having incredibly low TPE, and having a chance to play in the top 6 the season after that.
[Image: sticker_3299-512x512.png]

[Image: 336.jpg]

05-24-2021, 06:50 PMbdu754 Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:45 PMByrdeMan Wrote: True you were the worse

NL truly is the best eh. Give Ham and Juke GM of the year cowards.  Berserkers Berserkers  Berserkers

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

05-24-2021, 06:54 PMMinnesotafine Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:50 PMbdu754 Wrote: Not as bad as Podcalzone as a rookie lmfaoo 

NL truly is the best eh. Give Ham and Juke GM of the year cowards.  Berserkers Berserkers  Berserkers
after you guys ducked the powerhouse that is vancouver? :eyes:

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

05-24-2021, 06:56 PMsteveoiscool Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:54 PMMinnesotafine Wrote: NL truly is the best eh. Give Ham and Juke GM of the year cowards.  Berserkers Berserkers  Berserkers
after you guys ducked the powerhouse that is vancouver? :eyes:
That's what the next round is for bb

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

05-24-2021, 02:52 PMMutedfaith Wrote: On the topic at hand:

I actually was under the (false) impression trading for someone who was IA at that time would have them count as IA, despite signing their contract earlier in the season. Mostly because I believe that's how it should be to prevent the loading up on technically IAs at TDL by teams already playing multiple high TPE IAs  in the first place.
Yeah, that's how I've done it too. Seems like the easiest fix is to make that a part of the rule. Could also be interesting to have some activity requisite based on the previous season for AFA contracts.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

05-24-2021, 06:30 PMZoone16 Wrote:
05-24-2021, 06:05 PMluketd Wrote: how many cups did nour win vs you? really makes you think

I blame @Nictox

Why you got to drag me into this?

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

05-24-2021, 02:37 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:30 PMsve7en Wrote: You and I both know you wouldn't give a shit about this if your precious players legacy wasn't involved. Some of us are actually interested in improving the experience of first gens and J players, you clearly don't belong here.

@boom I'm with you, and it's an awkward spot for sure. I'm fully on board with discord active AFAs, and love what they bring to a locker room, but it gets real sketchy when trades start happening. I walked the walk, as VAN saw, where I benched my IFAs for DFAs, although that's an expectation I won't out on every team. Something needs touched up with the fuzzy IFA-AFA line to contain some of this for sure. Either directly addressing the trading/rentals, or rosters as a whole - though expansion, send down budgets, and update scale changes might reduce the number of AFAs in general.

Legacy?

Wanna talk about legacy?

7 is a horrific team mate video .. coming  this summer

Fuck off

Cool

Izzy, shut the fuck up. As an SHL GM, you should respect the work the every J GM does to keep players in this league active. The J GM's do a far more important job than you do - they have to try to keep people interested in the league and updating so they can make it up to the major leagues and be a part of their SHL team. For you to come out and call any of them a bad teammate is absolutely a terrible look on you.

I know everything in this league is about you at the end of the day, but this is above the Izzysphere. Yes, KEL wants to win the Cup and are doing what's in the rulebook to do it. But there's teams out there who are playing their DFA's and low tpe actives in the playoffs with the attempt to keep people interested in this league. Maybe some day you'll realize the people are what makes this league great, and the hockey is just a Sim engine throwing random numbers out there. Maybe.

As far as 7 goes, I can tell you that he's been a fantastic GM and has put together a team that I'm proud to be a part of. He's built a team of first gens, and recreates, who are active during the season and in the off-season. He's pulled off what every J GM needs to do as a developmental league - get players involved, and keep them involved. Just so they can go up to play for an SHL team, and then start the process over.

It's a terrible look for an SHL GM to shit on any J GM. But I guess that's just a standard Izzyism at this point.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I'm just glad we solved racism in all this.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

05-24-2021, 07:25 PMMazatt Wrote: I'm just glad we solved racism in all this.

Very true. Now we're just buying beer for underage kids.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 07:33 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

05-24-2021, 07:22 PMwumaduce Wrote:
05-24-2021, 02:37 PMMike Izzy Wrote: It's a terrible look for an SHL GM to shit on any J GM.

2 questions..

Who’s the J GM Being shitted on? You know Boom is an SHL GM right?
You know my players captain of Kelowna right? The team in question per this thread?

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 07:35 PM by Mazatt.)

05-24-2021, 07:28 PMwumaduce Wrote:

Izzy knows what the masses want, a real man of the people.
Cool Cheers

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

05-24-2021, 07:34 PMMazatt Wrote:
05-24-2021, 07:28 PMwumaduce Wrote: Very true. Now we're just buying beer for underage kids.
Izzy knows what the masses want, a real man of the people.
Cool

#lets go!

Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2021, 07:39 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

05-24-2021, 07:28 PMwumaduce Wrote:

tbf how the fuck are we supposed to keep track of everyones age lmao

same goes for nationality, religion or anything else. IDK if Izzy knew samee was a muslim when he dropped that bacon line, i certainly didnt.

[Image: 2a0a2a1021e29f96173e35bc17f5b326.gif]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]