Create Account

S59 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 01:57 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Code:
1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best
It just is.

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?
There are a ton of options here but if I am looking for a competitive advantage I think the best advantage would be the other team not showing up. When they are in their locker room we would barricade the door, drilling 2 by 4s across the whole thing to make sure they can't get out to play the game. Easy win. If that doesn't work I would get every player on our team to bring a bag of pucks on the ice and dump them in the opposing net. We would need to hold their team off to do so, which may be tricky, but it seems way easier if our team comes armed with guns. You know as this goes on I can only see it escalating further and further until both teams are lying on the ice dying. It would probably just be the last man standing that would win the game.

Code:
11. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S59 season (on or off the ice)
- S59 playoff round-up
- S59 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S60 predictions
- Expansion draft predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11Qi-HZw...p=drivesdk

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
DT

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SHL Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116299
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046935

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:
1. PT Coupon for 3 TPE
hotdog is dope.

Code:
5. Which team was the best team to not make the finals for 2 TPE

The San Francisco Pride. The best California based team this league has ever seen throughout its history was absolutely robbed of a place in the finals. Nevermind that they went out in the first round, or have one of the youngest cores in the league, or that they had a negative record coming into the playoffs. Those are just mere facts to what my feelings are about to describe. That San Fran was not only robbed of a finals appearance, but also a full on title.

This team has Henrik Lekberg Osterman. This team also has Rikard Bjerg. But most importantly, it has Mr league supposed Most Valuable Player in the God himself. Nicolae Antonescu. The guy is so freaking good he makes all your supposedly offensive powerhouses of players terrified when they see him on the other side of the rink. And his smile. His damn smile. If his smile was an alcoholic drink, it would be 95% alcohol. The other 5%? The taste of salty tears from his opponents as he once again stops all of their attempts.

Code:
6. What is your IIHF prediction for 3 TPE

Sweden are winning the IIHF this year. A young team that is only getting better and better for each season that passes. We have skill, we have power, we have grit, we have speed. But most of all, we have #junipanda as our official mascot. Gunnar Söderberg, HLO, Yxskaft, Svenson Passamus, Bjerg and newly minted Challenge cup champion in Joseph Fantobens.

Add in a debutant through Jesper Maximov who is playing as a winger in this tournament with the already young talents such as Yngve Simonsson and Calvin Hobbes and you have every chance to go far. Still not happy? How about we throw in the goalie pairing we have! A Jobin, considered one of the best goalies in the league together with one of the best up and coming goalies the entire league has in Jon St. Ark.

I don't know what else to say. Sweden are getting that gold, and you will all thank us for it.

Code:
12. challenge cup 4 TPE
Code:
a)  Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?
Buffalo had almost 30 goals more than Texas in the regular season, so the answer to this question is really simple. Although Texas are not without firepower. Andreas Kvalheim, Kaarlo Kekkonen and Alex Wachter are no slouches at all. And that is not even mentioning the fact that their 3rd highest dman in points has 44.
Code:
b) This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
Biggest chip probably has to be Buffalo. After losing out in the finals in two straight appearances they would really like to rectify that. Not having been there for some time does bring some motivation for this Texas side. But facing those losses in a row is a really tough situation for the Buffalo Stampede.
Code:
c) Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
Black on grey is fairly unique for this league, but I prefer the color scheme of the Stampede. The logo and name however is not the greatest, so I will still have to go with the Texas Renegades. Logo is pretty sweet, jerseys are nice and it is as I previously mentioned a very unique color scheme.
Code:
d) Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
I have honestly not much of an idea of either of the two cities. If I really had to choose it would probably be Dallas. Despite the heat, I have heard so many amazing things of Texas BBQ. Buffalo Wild Wings? Already tried it. Texas BBQ? Not yet. I have convinced myself of Dallas now.

Code:
15. CW trivia for 3 TPE
milk

Code:
17. Milestones for 1 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3046938

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Quote:1. 3 TPE, PT Coupon for one CW Task

From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best

League embraces Sardangian.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

The Purge is a concept where typically illegal things (e.g., robbery, murder) are legalized for one day. In an SHL-purge, there's a game day where everything typically illegal to do on the ice is now legal. No rules for sticks or pads, no penalties, no icing, etc. What will your player do on the ice to make the most of this and gain a competitive advantage?

To be truthful there is very little I would need to do to gain a massive competitive advantage if all rules were removed.  Currently I already need to use temporary degenerative techniques too keep my massive strength difference from snapping humans into pieces while out on the ice.  If I was to revert my body back to its normal state, and untied my extra four arms, I would have the ability to rip most of the players into pieces and end most games within minutes.  It actually would be quite boring to watch, and thus not an interesting way to do things.   Of more interest may be to envelope the ice surface within a series of shifting temporal drag bubbles, which would result in time moving much more quickly, or much slower, depending on where on the ice a player was located.  Since this is a common way to make activities more interesting on several other planets, and I have experience working within those types of environments, I suspect I would have quite a large advantage, but it would still make for a fascinating viewing experience for other humans wanting to watch the games.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE

Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

From the stars above my small ship fell like rain.
A sprinkle of Sardangian joy.
Would I choose to deliver to humans great pain
Or see their race as an enjoyable toy

The options before were laid out like a meal
Until the Swiss made my direction quite clear
A beautiful plan in my head did congeal
I'd become an on ice pioneer

Every day I've now spent with other humans on ice
Working out and learning skills I must train
While at night and in dark corners some are trapped like mice
While I investigate innards and brain

Humans are amazing and have overcome much for survival
My people are elated and look forward to their arrival

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

terrifying

Quote:16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

From what I can tell, most humans do not have too much of a difference when it comes to flavour, or at least in my limited experience.  There are slight distinctions based on country - perhaps it is due to local dietary specifications, but overall they all taste mostly the same.  I believe that the best bet would be to consume a human that would give me some sort of advantage.  Based on that line of thinking I would choose to consume Luc Blouin since he is the greatest threat among my draft class to become the greatest of all time.  It only makes sense to slowly consume any players who are greater than I am in my draft class so that I might have a higher chance of one day making the Hall of Fame in the SHL.

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
SMJHL Milestones (for senddowns): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=116278

S59 SMJHL Milestones (simulationhockey.com)

16-17 TPE total (depending on Trivia)

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

BAP FREAKIN RULES

3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

It is important to note that we are talking about the actual logos and not the names of teams in this hypothetical. Right off the bat we can get rid of inanimate objects. That means the Philadelphia Forge, Seattle Argonauts, Toronto North Stars, and Winnipeg Aurora are the first four teams eliminated. Next it would probably be a battle of regular animal and human logos. The Platoon, Stampede, Steelhawks, Rage, Patriotes, Wolfpack, Barracuda, Syndicate, Monarchs, Pride, and Renegades all take care of each other or get knocked out by the top tier of supernatural logos. The final tier of left in the logo fight is made up of the Inferno, Dragons, Blizzard, Panthers, and Specters. Blizzard get melted first by the Inferno and Dragons. The Panthers are apparently a cat the size of the city. That stomps the Dragons and Inferno. The last two left are the Panthers and Specters. I’d say Specters win since they are incorporeal.
(158)

4. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or I'm gonna track you down and give you a failing grade.

My love for BAP is like no other
Through times both good and bad
The young ones the children and I the mother
If I was on another team I’d be too sad
Goal scorer extraordinaire, Krash
Certified brick wall, Luca
The Atlantic division – We ready to smash
Gonna light them up and smoke them like hookah
I’m too old and on the way out
Future is here and outlook is bright
No need to cry and no need to pout
Just be ready so it doesn’t come as a fright
Best SHL team is BAP
Everything else is just crap

7. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
To some, an interesting part of sports leagues is following celebrity fans (like Jack with the Lakers or 50 Cent with the Knicks last week) - who would be some relevant SHL celebrity fans? Which well-known celebrities would be superfans of which SHL teams?

It is pretty standard fair for each team to have one notable actor or actress as a superfan. I’m going to focus on the Eastern Conference. Atlanta would probably sport the acclaimed rap duo Outkast as theirs. BAP would boast Ed Norton as he grew up in Maryland. David Boreanaz, buffalo native and hockey fan would support the Stampede. Hamilton will have a hilarious couple of fans in Eugene Levy and Martin Short. The Rage are going to have the largest group of celeb fans with the whole dang Wu Tang Clan regularly attending. Grimes and Elon are going to be the first big name fans for the Patriotes. Boston boys, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon will rep the Wolfpack hard. In true Philly fashion their biggest fan would be a statue of Rocky. Derek Jeter will be attending regular Barracuda games and probably using it to line his pockets too. Finally, Toronto is going to have Drake climbing the glass and trying to stand on the bench with the rest of the North Stars.
(175)

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
coffee

2 TPE

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Code:

Hockey is fun

Code:

Milestones +2

Code:

Nuggets

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

PBE CW

Code:

The SHL Purge is here and the Petrov brothers are here to dominate. They will travel as a pack and run out on the ice and play for every team that has signed a Petrov. They will straight up beat people down on the ice and no one runs as deep as the Russian brotherhood of Petrovs. High sticking, checking, or just randomly punching people on the ice while they have the puck or not. To get more gory, as the Purge movie is, they could just cut or stab or slash some people with their skates and puts another new definition on the word of slashing in hockey. The SHL is not ready for all the action on the ice but it might be some fun action to watch though some slapshots into the stands at some unruly fans of the opposing teams might change that. This will be high paced, bloody action that could make for a great movie so the next Purge can be all about the SHL and how the Petrovs were bad a**.

(178 words)

Code:
If real life versions of all 18 SHL team logos were entered into a fight, which would come out victorious and why? Which would be the first eliminated?

As I have seen some others do, we will probably have to eliminate the inanimate objects as they can't move although if someone were to throw someone into a forge they would definitely not make it but you would need someone to actively throw someone into the forge so it does not count. Also I should say that a star would easily win also, even over the forge because it is literally bigger than anything and like a million degrees or something, I am not an astronomer.

Now, as for the first one that would be eliminated amongst the other ones, the Barracuda, Steelhawks, or Platoon would probably be the ones as fish and birds are some of the weaker competition here. A human could easily kill them and other bigger animals as well could do the same kind of things. Now as far as who would win, I think the answer is obvious as there is nothing as big and fierce and fire breathing as a dragon. He will make some good cooked meals out of all the other competitors in this one so we could enjoy some nice steak when the dragon takes on the rage. I am not sure of how powerful the spectres would be but I am not a ghost expert or one who knows a lot about the paranormal so seeing most shows, I would say the dragon wins over them still and wins the tournament!

(271 words)

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 12:22 PM by Aephino.)

Texas Renegades Won.

4. Written, 3 TPE

It finally happened
After all these years
And we couldn't have imagined
All the Buffalo tears

The Great Lakes are gone
We must dance and rejoice
Daniel Son; Necklace Don
Has given Texas a voice

Puoli and RCD came in
Filling in the big shoes
Their only goal was to win
Giving HTT the blues

Well we don't need your respects
TEX TEX TEX

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of these teams has stronger offensive firepower?

Going off the regular season, the first line of Buffalo's made up of Aron Hernadivic, Matt Kholin, and Monkey D Luffy certainly outperforms Alexander Wachter, Andreas Kvalheim, and Kaarlo Kekkonen. However, when you look at each team's depth, I think Texas has the edge between Sulfurgold, Williams, Kondox, Hudson and Kubinec. While Buffalo does have offensive depth in Seppala, Sharp, Harrington, Roach, and Passamus, the Renegades slightly outperform them.

b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
Texas is absolutely coming in with a chip on their shoulder. While Buffalo are certainly going to be unhappy with recent losses in the finals, they also have a Challenge Cup to show from it. Texas hasn't won a Cup in dozens of seasons, so they are the team with everything to prove. After knocking off Hamilton, the confidence will be brimming to beat another team from the Great Lakes.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
I may have some bias... but Texas for me. I love the dark color scheme. I have said it before, but the logo is truly class. It is unique with the renegade on the logo but remains clean and simple. Meanwhile, the Buffalo Stampede have a slightly basic, plain circle for a logo. That being said, the logo itself manages to be slightly cluttered. I do like the yellow and green as it is also unique, but the overall branding is a little weak compared to Texas.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?
Having actually been to Buffalo before, I am going to say Dallas. While there are certainly things to do in Buffalo, as I recently discovered it is the second largest city in New York state, it didn't seem extraordinarily fun to me. Not far way is Niagara Falls, which I do recommend, but I would rather go to Dallas and experience Texas in person. 

CW TRIVIA LINK - microwave

3 TPE

[Image: UCTqPUg.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 12:52 PM by Mooty99.)

ISFL PT (3 TPE)

1. PT Coupon for one CW Task (3 TPE)
BEARS BEST GOALIES 

2. The Purge (3 TPE)
Now this is a very easy question for me to answer. It would be simple really. Being that I am also an Armored Bear from Svabald I would simply swap my goalie kit for my armour made from sky metal and forged with my own fair paws and take to the ice, being a polar bear i am very adapt at moving at speed on the ice so I would also abandon my stakes. I would then forgo my normal keeping duties and instead roam the ice hunting down opposition players and dismembering them one by one, how could they stop me, my armour is bullet proof and despite my enormous size I can move at great speeds and about 10 times as strong as a normal man. I have huge paws with sharpe claws that would no longer be hidden inside gloves and I would pity anyone that would get in my way!
(WC 154) 

4. SHL Sonnet (3 TPE)
How I love to play for St Louis
The crows of colours red and gold
Before I hit the ice my eyes are dewy
With anticipation of a game so bold
I protect my goal with everything in me
No puck shall hit it's net
The hockey gods i beseech thee
Let us cause a big upset
We will be victorious next year
I have promised my teammates this
We will feast on our opponents fear
So lifting the cup will sweet bliss
When a bear makes a promise
You know he will not miss.

15. CW TRIVIA, (3 TPE)
Verification word: Bear

17. Milestones (up to 3 TPE, only need 1 of all trivia is correct)
Link to milestones claim

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Code:
From reaching the $6000 goal for COTA Charity, write 3 words on why the SHL is the best.

Because it's Hockey

Code:

In Calgary when I was GM I would offer a theoretical bounty when playing an opponent like Edmonton for anyone who decapitated a blizzard player. Funny enough there were a couple instances where I offered this and one of our players actually got ejected for checking to the head! Pretty hilarious. Not that I condone decapitations in real life but simulated head hunting in the SHL against your most hated rival is perfectly acceptable and actually encouraged. So my player would definitely try to decapitate his opponents with checks to the head and even tomahawk swings at opponents heads with my sharpened aluminum stick. This would obviously create a major competitive advantage for my team as the opponent would most likely be dead or rendered useless on the ice. Now obviously I don't condone murder or violence but if it's against Edmonton and simulated then it's okay. I'm not sure what would happen to the blizzard players heads on the ice, maybe I would wrist shot them into the stands as souvenirs for Dragons fans.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE

I ate a parm it was so good
it made me poop into my hood
a new dragons sweatshirt I did need
I wish it had just made me peed
but here I am at redbubble shop
looking for a shirt that pops
It's not the blizz or rage I want
It's Dragons only for this savant
Our gears on point it ain't no lie
I'll throw a parm into your eye
Our logos hot it looks the best
The two XL barely fits my chest
I stretched it out now im all good
I love chillin' in my Dragons hood

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

[Image: cover12.jpg]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: kelowna11.jpg]

Code:
16. hotdog's secret bonus weird prompt. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
If worst came to worst and the situation were dire....... you need nutrition....... you must consume your peers. If you had to eat another SHL player, who would you eat and why? (sorry in advance Julio)

Very easy decision I would eat Kata Vilde because I know from personal experience he has been pumping his body full of the finest quality foods. High end meats he gets from his butcher and I have seen pictures, finely aged cheeses and especially homemade deserts. The guy is basically a professional chef and the deserts he makes are insane. With all those fine foods and sugary deserts I think he would be absolutely delicious to eat. Also he is not a small person so I could eat a lot of him, even save some of him for meals down the road, like pre game meals or post game celebration meals. I also think he would be happy for Esa Parmborg to eat him as they two are great friends and would be pleased that one eating the other could bring fulfilment but definitely not any nutritional value. @BarnabasCollins

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2021, 10:05 AM by lilstifler.)

Code:

This is the best league because it is hockey league. Hockey lovers are the best people in the world.

Code:

The perfect opportunity to show everyone what he is capable of and how shrewd each is, because in this case a ploy will work. If I had that option, I would certainly take advantage of Icing because I'm a quick skater who could get first to the puck and create dangerous moments. Certainly a thing I wouldn't do would be injuring players and making special offenses. Just a smart game and using good moments. The greatest type used would certainly be Offside's special violation to create quick attacks. It would certainly make the teams' goalkeepers undercut. I can only say to a great man that such a day of games would give teams fun, and rather it should be shaped like an All-Star week event, a game without any rules. Most likely, one of the players would also opt out of some part of the equipment to make it easier to play. There is a substance for reflection.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

The regular season is behind, time FOR IIHF games. My forecasts are usually not the most successful ones, but this time I will try to predict everything more correctly than once. In my view, the United States, Canada, Sweden, Switzerland, as well as one of the surprise authors, the Norvēģus, who have been leading their best tournament so far, will certainly give them the opportunity to fight for medals if they continue to do so. The tournament would certainly not be a tournament without a team of midfielders, it could be the Austrian, Irish and Latvian teams this season. The Latvian team has continued to progress in recent years, but I don't see them in the Play-Off games yet this season. Although I forecast that the Canadian favorites could struggle for high results, now looking at the table, the team is like the fourth of the end, which makes doubts about the most passionate fan of the team, but let's give the Canadian team time to run in and play a lot of bright games.

Code:

That would be a measure. By looking purely visually and exploring the logo of all teams, we can conclude that the league is full of animal-represented teams. They are all predatory animals. But if I had to choose one who would pick the winning laurels in such a quarrel, then I would prefer Dragons's team. The dragon is and remains a dragon, it can fly, spit fire, and is nimble. The team's identity has remained long enough that the team's talisman may have absorbed enough positives as well as less positive feelings that would allow it to win others. It would be a very interesting event. The red Dragons command logo is already scary. As a second, I would put the logo on Hamilton's team, the eagle is also one of the most predatory animals, which would certainly give him a majority over a few other teams. That is my verdict on this kind of measure. It would certainly interest many viewers.

Code:

Verification word: lilstifler

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. This is Texas’s first cup appearance since winning it in S36, while Buffalo is recovering from 2 recent final losses to Hamilton. Which team will have a bigger chip on their shoulder entering the finals.
c. Which of these two teams' brandings do you prefer? Take into account colors, logo, name, location, and anything else you consider relevant.
d. Would you rather have to spend a long weekend hanging out in Dallas or Buffalo? What would you do?

D. I would like to spend more time in Dallas because of Dallas Mavericks were Kristaps Porzingis is one of leaders in team. Only he and Davis Bertans are the only ones who are playing in NBA from Latvia and I'm very proud of them. Maybe if I'll spend more time in Dallas I can meet KP and go somewhere with him. 

16/16

1. The Amazing Community

2. With all penalties being legal and allowed, don’t want my player sounding like a scumbag, but he would be tripping the opposition left and right. Kristjansson tends to take a lot of tripping penalties to begin with so this would be heaven to the New England right winger as he would be able to trip people as he pleases. Now of course he would make sure to do it in a non dangerous way since he is not that type of player however if you are skating by Kristjansson be wary as the stick my casually get caught between your skates.
The reason for this is that he likes to play a quick speedy game, and who actually wants to take the puck off of a player and attempt to out muscle him, or get hit? He sure doesn’t and that is the main reason why tripping would be the way to go for this young player, cant chase him if you are laying on the ground.

12. a. In my opinion the team with the stronger fire power between the Texas Renegades and Buffalo Stampede, I would throw my hat to the Texas Renegades. I honestly feel like that have been a team under the radar for most people, and have shown that they can play with the big boys, and are the team that have the most firepower in this series.
b.With Buffalo losing two straight final losses to the Hamilton Steelhawks, they come into this with the biggest chip on their shoulder. This is probably one of their last chances at a title with the incoming expansion and declining of their roster, so they really need to come into this and bring it, because this chance is as good as it gets.
c. For my preference, I would select the Buffalo Stampede simply because I prefer a nice green over a grey. Additionally the theme of the Stampede I could get behind, now I think the renegades are in a better location than Buffalo because I mean come on it is Buffalo, driven through there a few time. Overall what pushes it over the top is the name.
d.I would choose Dallas, no offense I have been to Buffalo it is basically just a city, like nothing really stood out to me, I am sure there are nice parts but I don’t think I have seen them. Additionally I have never been to Dallas so it would be cool exploring a city I have never been to before.

3. If all the SHL logos were entered into a fight, I think it would come down to two the Aurora and the Spectres. Now is there a clear winner between the two no I don’t think so. I chose these two logos because how in the hell do you fight the Aurora Borealis, I mean sure light pollution but it is always there regardless, and that’s some gnarly radiation waiting to happen. Secondly how are you supposed to fight the spectres? Do you have the ghost busters on speed dial to round them up? Or a priest on speed dial? Genuinely curious how a strategy would be created to combat either of these two logos.

Now if you force me to pick between the two of them I would choose the Aurora because it caused by the Sun and the sun could destroy the earth taking the spectres with them, destruction by association if that is even a thing.

15. Apples

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 03:15 PM by honkerrs.)

Code:
hockey is fun

Code:

I think one thing that could pump up the league for viewers and be a great advantage of strategy on the ice is being allowed to use animals in the game.  Imagine being able to use ice and snow animals to your team’s advantage?  Need a big net front presence?  Well nothing else better than using a walrus to post up and completely destroy anything an opposing goalie is trying to do.  What if you just wanted to completely take out the opposing players?  Well how about having a polar bear on your side that can run just as fast as humans can skate and can take them down easily.  Or if you wanted to go the less violent route maybe you just get some penguins.  You might laugh at penguins but I bet a lot of players are big penguins fans and just would get distracted by their cuteness on the ice.  Bring animals to the SHL!

Code:

honk

Code:
+ 2 tpe https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3047041

11 TPE total (if trivia is correct)

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2021, 08:53 AM by FinnRhys.)

Code:

SHL is awesome!

Code:

Let me be totally honest here. As much as FR Finn-Rhys likes to pretend he is a badass, during an SHL purge event he is anything but. You want me to get a competitive advantage? I think just staying alive will be an advantage so, with that said, I am hiding out in the locker room and only coming out with a security detail. Even if I do get forced onto the ice, that security detail is coming with me and dropping anyone that gets near me. Even my own teammates will face their wrath if they get too close to me. I am not playing around when it comes to purge events. My only goal is survival, and survival is winning. Beyond that, I really do not think there is much more that I could do to stay alive, unless I somehow can stay in the locker room surrounded by security and hire a stunt double to play for me, which I guess could work for at least a little bit. Either way, I am staying as far away from fellow hockey players as possible.

Code:

Oh man, I have no clue how this is going to go down. I do know that the last two mascots in the ring are going to be the Winnipeg Aurora and the New Orleans Specters. I mean, those two are so ephemeral and intangible that it is hard to defeat. I guess the Aurora does have an inherent weakness with it being so reliant on solar radiation and solar flares to even become a thing, but it is hard to defeat something that is a colorful wisp in the air. Same goes with the Specter. I mean, it is a freaking ghost. I do not know how you go about defeating a ghost. Maybe a séance or something but, realistically, who is having the time to conduct a séance during a mascot battle royale. I do know the first mascot to go out, though, and that is the Tampa Bay Barracuda. While a 'cuda is a gnarly mean fish, I feel like the Steelhawks or the Eagle from the Platoon would make quick work of the 'cuda and leave him flopping on the mat out of the water.

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I would absolutely love for the Swiss IIHF team to kick ass this tournament. We have some amazing players on the team and I would love to get a win for our resident "old man" on the squad, @Segi. We have been so close a few times and just come up short but I really think we are starting to hit our peak as a squad. All the really talented younger guys are really playing well and us old fogeys still have a little bit left in the tank so we certainly have a shot. And our goalies are like, super legit. I do not know if there is a better way to describe them than just being super legit. If we can make the medal rounds I will be happy, but if we can somehow pull off the epic dream of winning it all I would be beyond ecstatic. Especially since we are a relatively small country in terms of IIHF eligible players. We have been extremely fortunate in having a bevy of talent. Like an old friend of mine use to say, "quality over quantity makes a quantity of quality". This Swiss team is certainly quality.

Code:

Verification word: umm

Not for grading, but I couldn't do the trivia. Yeah, I could have just looked up the answers people posted in discord but like, legit, I could not make any of the archived indexes work and didn't know how to come up with this info so.... yeah, kinda not cool. At least I get the participation TPE which is all I really needed.

Code:

S59 Milestones

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2021, 05:10 PM by bbjygm.)

Code:

Because it is.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE

Oh my CW, you force me to write.
Nagging the back of my brain through the week.
How I despise your lack of delight.
Inspiring blandness with word counts you seek.

Shall I compare you to working a job?
If only some pleasure would come from this climb.
I'd rather work corners, swift polishing knobs.
Than have to continue to bullshit some rhymes.

Why do I bother, my end's almost here.
Retirement laughs with suppressive intent.
The end of my tunnel, the cusp of my years.
My skills and my dreams atrophy, nearly spent.

Inactive bliss calls me to the void.
CW, from PTs I'll be unemployed.

Code:

a. In hindsight, I'd say the Texas Renegades have the stronger offensive power purely because they won the series 4-1. They clearly have better offense than Buffalo as evidenced by having more wins in the finals. Texas scored 20 goals in the series while Buffalo scored only 11, so I'd estimate the Renegades offense as approximately twice as effective as the Stampede's.

b. I think Buffalo had the bigger chip on their shoulder going into the finals. They have had several recent cup successes and the lack of closing out the last two seasons would probably cause more determination due to the recency of the losses as well as the potential signal of the end of their contention window. Texas has been more of a startup power and likely is in the start of their serious contention window.

c. Overall, I think I prefer Texas over Buffalo. I prefer the Buffalo name and their recent legacy. Their reputation as contenders and a team that everyone should be wary of comes across as intimidating when considering going up against them. However, I prefer the Texas colors and logo over the Buffalo colors and logo, and those aspects of the team tend to be the first impression to new people.

d. Buffalo. First, I've already spent time in Dallas but not Buffalo. Second, Dallas has two l's, and I don't like taking the L. I'd rather press F twice to pay respects. Third, I'd be in the right setting to say "Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo." Last, I can walk around yelling, "It's BISON!" any time someone says "Buffalo."

Code:

zippitydoodah

Code:

3 TPE: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3045819

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

1. SHL Loves Pancakes!
2. PBE Welfare

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

06-04-2021, 04:14 PMAL GRINGO Wrote: 1. SHL Loves Pancakes!
2. PBE Welfare
16. goal

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]