Create Account

Goodbye Detroit Falcons, hello New England Wolfpack and...

Code:
858 words

...Hello again Detroit Falcons. I have got a lot of topics to cover but I just want to start of by saying that I am very glad to have been named co-GM of the Detroit Falcons!

The last months have certainly been a new experience for me, I had no idea leagues like this existed until I was invited here by @Zema and then I was hooked. At first I had no idea what to expect and managed to arrive in the S56 class discord server until the mentors guided me the correct way to the S57 class discord server. As every good new member does, I started reading up on the rules and asking a lot of questions to understand what kind of madness this league was. I chose to create after the deadline so I had the best chance at reaching the top. Yet, I still didn't exactly know why it gave me the best chance until I discovered the horror of point tasks. I still dislike them but now I see the need for them. In my class discord I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of good people, hello @Ruggsy @SewingWithNancy @Arkz @Sopath. After a while hanging around in the swedish discord as well as the class discord I was contacted by the Colorado Raptors and was signed as a DFA for the remainder of the season for Colorado Raptors. I had a great time there with Ruggsy, who was the other DFA in Colorado. But when the draft came around we were split up as I was sent to the Falcons and Colorado managed to snag Ruggsy. Even though the "gang" that was active in the class discord all were sent to different locations we still liked to hang around a lot and speculate about the coming SHL draft. 

Arriving to the Falcons has been one of my favorite moments here on the site, I absolutely love everyone in there, it is truly a great locker room. I remember the minutes just before I was picked at 3 OA very well as I was just speaking with @nour when I was greeted welcome as I saw my name pop up on the stream. Coming into the locker room with no idea what to expect is something I wish I could live through again, nothing is as special as the first SMJHL draft here. First thing I remember is the current Detroit captain (now a traitor btw) @TheSparkyDee welcoming me and the SKREEs started without a stop and they never will. I felt very welcome. The first season was horrible result wise but we struggled through it. I was however named assistant captain, something I did not expect and I was both happy and proud that I had made an impact big enough for my new team to like me.

Here come the SHL draft and after a joke that became real it was apparently so that I was named the top prospect and was also picked 1OA by New England Wolfpack with a deal they bought 1 OA from Tampa Bay Barracuda. The team has been great and I am very happy to have been drafted there. Some changes have happened regarding players and staff since I joined which means the period has been quite eventful. I am however very happy about our future with the team as I am now being called up. A bit of the gang will be united for the first time as Sopath was drafted to New England as well and I am very excited to have a chance to be able to play with my long time S57 friend! I really want to extend a thank you to @kenvald who definitely could have called me up earlier but let me play out my time in the J. 

I really wanted to try and win a Four Star Cup with Granström which sadly never became a reality because of a lot of tough playoff losses. But as I told the team on this last season, I would rather lose with them than win with another team. I am a falcon through and through and will never stop SKREE-ing. This is why I am very glad to have received a new opportunity to win a Four Star Cup with the Falcons. However, not with Granström but as @Mutedfaith co-GM. I've GM-ed Sweden through WJC a couple of times and spent some time learning the league but I felt like this was a good point to see what I think about GM-ing for real. It will take some time to adapt into this league but I am confident in my ability combined with the already existing experience in Detroit that will help ease me into being a real GM. 

To everyone who I have mentioned here and interacted with on site or in a discord, a great thanks for making my juniors career very enjoyable. Now I move chapter as I will proudly play for the New England Wolfpack and proudly take place as the co-GM of the Detroit Falcons. Goodbye and hello SMJHL, thanks for all the memories!

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

I have no idea what happened to my sig but I am going to fix it

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

Congratz Halk, you really made my comeback to SMJHL great when you were announcing draft, I am confident you will be an excellent manager to all the new players in Detroit!

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I'm happy that you not only decided to join and stay on the site, but contribute in such a meaningful way. Great to see you sticking around Detroit in management, you deserve that chance!

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

SKREE Falcons

Happy you applied for the position of Co-GM. No doubt you're gonna do great.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Heart Falcons Falcons Falcons Heart

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ce0bf4&is=66ccba74&hm=f2...9368d7024&]

Was a pleasure playing against you in the Js, will be a treat to play against you again in the SHL. Good job buddy.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

_/ _/ _/ Play with Bas

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Welcome to the SHL!

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

06-07-2021, 10:12 AMHalkohol Wrote: I have no idea what happened to my sig but I am going to fix it
just say you were inspired by @Pingy Pingu

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Halk coming for the SHL now.

Congrats on the Co GM job. Youll do great

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Hell yea @Halkohol!!!! SKREE BOYS FOR LIFE!

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Much love, Hal Smile