Create Account

Player TPE Trajectories: Atlanta Inferno
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021, 09:40 AM by By-Tor.)

This is part 1 of a new series reviewing the TPE trajectories of players in the SHL. It's interesting to me how TPE grows over time. This analysis is only based on currently posted rosters. I hope to have a more complete database when I'm done with the series. 

[Image: SHLSnip1.PNG]

Takeaways:

1. It does look like it has been a tad easier to earn TPE in the past few seasons. Some of the young guns are outpacing the 2k club members.

2. Regressions hurts.

3. If those young lines keep growing, Atlanta will have a great team in 5 seasons. 

There's no cross analysis to be done since this is the first team. When more teams come out, we will compare and contrast. Also updated rosters will be included after FAs sign. This is also a feeler to see if more work should be put in - maybe we will differentiate color by position.

All will be put in a google sheet at the end.

Cheers

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Working towards my "Lieutenant of the Data Seas" title.

[Image: navy-officer-standing-beside-warship-260...765526.jpg]
@"luketd"

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2021, 10:23 AM by leviadan.)

This might be a totally ignorant question because I know nothing about TPE curves and the amount of TPE that's available now vs. in the past-- but do brighter minds than mine have any idea whether or not the pandemic has been playing a role in there being more high earners? People not taking vacations and therefore not missing two weeks of stuff, people like me that were unemployed for a year, that kind of thing? Is site activity / PT completion just higher in general?

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

06-11-2021, 10:11 AMBy-Tor Wrote: Working towards my "Lieutenant of the Data Seas" title.

[Image: navy-officer-standing-beside-warship-260...765526.jpg]
@"luketd"

[Image: boat.gif]

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-11-2021, 10:23 AMleviadan Wrote: This might be a totally ignorant question because I know nothing about TPE curves and the amount of TPE that's available now vs. in the past-- but do brighter minds than mine have any idea whether or not the pandemic has been playing a role in there being more high earners? People not taking vacations and therefore not missing two weeks of stuff, people like me that were unemployed for a year, that kind of thing? Is site activity / PT completion just higher in general?

I have to think it plays a small part. It pretty much impossible to track why people come back and update regularly. On the flip side: I only do SHL at my PC at work (shameeee), so working from home killed my activity. I'd love to be an updater, but I'm not logging on during weekends unless its a draft.

06-11-2021, 10:23 AMleviadan Wrote: This might be a totally ignorant question because I know nothing about TPE curves and the amount of TPE that's available now vs. in the past-- but do brighter minds than mine have any idea whether or not the pandemic has been playing a role in there being more high earners? People not taking vacations and therefore not missing two weeks of stuff, people like me that were unemployed for a year, that kind of thing? Is site activity / PT completion just higher in general?

there are more systematic causes of tpe inflation, like introducing an extra weekly task (primetime), predictions TPE being easier in FHM than STHS, mock draft TPE growing relative to before, extended offseasons yielding extra ACs and trainings, and removal of the PT cap. what you mentioned probably affects the number of people that can fully max out TPE, but the ceiling itself has definitely gone up for other reasons

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

a interactive version of this where you could hover a line to see the player would be dope.
look forward to the rest of the series!

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Wait am I supposed to know which player is which lol..

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

looking forward to see this developed more.

Cheers

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

How do you calculate TPE growth? In the past I've used TPE per day and TPE per season, the latter a bit overzealous for newer players but tuned better for regressing players.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-11-2021, 03:59 PMPatty Wrote: a interactive version of this where you could hover a line to see the player would be dope.
look forward to the rest of the series!

@Canadice

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Oh this is going to be good!

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

06-11-2021, 04:33 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: How do you calculate TPE growth? In the past I've used TPE per day and TPE per season, the latter a bit overzealous for newer players but tuned better for regressing players.

This is only measuring claimed tpe before each offseason post. Any tpe claimed after an offseason post is rolled into the next season. This method does have a mild affect on output: one of the players above only claimed like twice a season, so they see a big dip and then a big gain in back to back seasons. It's all manual - combing through update pages for tpe totals at offseason post dates. Hence only one team being published rn.

I'm very happy there's some positive vibes from this series. I look forward to refining it and posting more.

@Blastmeaway you got anything to help him out? He's manually pulling the data Sick

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]