Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

Meeka Keprosoft has finally made his way from Finland down to Carolina after being selected by the Kraken. While Meeka only projects to battle for the backup goaltender spot behind the clear number one starter, he still received a warm welcome from a number of guys including recent draftees Tanner Fox and Atticus Hale. It appears that some of the other guys on the team knew that this would come to be a bit of a culture shock for Meeka coming all the way from Finland so they tried to bring together some of the items and food that are common there in order to make him feel both at home and welcome. Meeka got to spend the most time with the other goaltenders on the team as well as the goalie coach to begin some work on improving, the group of them decided to hit some of the biggest places nearby to help get a feel for the area they were staying in as well as to start to develop a chemistry between all of the different goalies and become a team willing to help one another grow.

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]

Vincent Fox certainly had a weird first day on the team. Since he had already packed up what little belongings he owned, he was ready to go as soon as the draft ended. So he made a short drive from Kentucky to the Carolinas, to the team stadium. He was certainly excited to meet his new team, however upon entrance into the Kraken locker room, he found that it was empty, save one man @slothfacekilla, Jimmy Slothface, who then preceded to grab Vincent, and give him a 30 minute swirly. After that, Jimmy graciously let him leave and return to his hotel. Vincent still has yet to meet his teammates, but he wonders what kind of an omen that whole event was. Needless to say, Vincent is quite thrilled and ready to get onto the ice, and show the Kraken and the rest of the league what he is made of.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Austin MacWard :

I walked in Quebec City, where I went out to eat poutine, to have a complete immersion in this new city. Last night's draft was very exciting, a lot of trades, lot of players went all around the world to play in their new team. For me, it was stressful, I didn't know which team would draft me. I had some decent talks with a few GM, but Quebec City was one place I wanted to go. Their installations are amazing, the stadium is a pro-type arena. It's impressive, from where I live to here, the hockey installations are much better, much bigger and also, you always have an assistant or a prep coach here to help you. This is amazing, I can't say how thankful I am to be put in this situation, with a great organization. Can't wait to get on the ice with my new team, this season should be very interesting.

162 word.s

A U S T I N - M A C W A R D 
[Image: SlimAnnualBarracuda-size_restricted.gif]

My new teammates here on the Anchorage did not bat an eye when i came rolling in like a joint, in the dirty towels cart. Little did they know that they weren't just getting a fresh load of towels because the team equipment manager just traded the whole lot to get a one Towelie. Now i know what you are thinking, their building must need fumigated regularly because why else would anyone need a tynacorp towel. It wasn't until after our first morning skate that all the boys had worked up a nice hard sweat skating lines, doing drills, and other miscellaneous shit, were coming back into the locker room coach stopped every, got 'em all together just for one last brain run of an idea before everyone hoped in the showers.

Towelie spoke up in a moment of silence:
[Image: giphy.gif]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

This was a very nerve wracking moment for Gabe Gooney Waters Harrak, as he stepped into the unfamiliar territory that was the Colorado Raptors Locker Room. GGW's father, Nour Harrak, was a major part of the Kelowna Knights history many years ago, and he was determined to come in and be an impact player in the same way, if we could just shake these nerves! Thankfully for him, the Colorado Raptors are an organization full of good vibes and friendly faces! Immediately upon entering the room, Harrak was greeted with warm welcomes and introductions, and they welcomed him in and engaged with him as if he had been there forever. Of course, it helped that he was also surrounded by a group of draftmates who were just as eager to get to know him as well, and all in all in took GGW Harrak no time at all to realize he belonged in Colorado. The veterans on the teams spent all day just chatting with the new rookies, answering questions, making small talk, talking hobbies, and ultimately solidifying the new members as a part of the Colorado Family.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Max Manning, the latest Raptors draftee heard his name called on TV whilst at home that draft day. After being super hyped and excited, he immediately booked the next flight. Like his draft application form, he almost missed his flight out by a mere few minutes. As he breathed a sigh of relief on the ascending plane,

Colorado's scout, lespoils, messaged him about the wonderful news and a quick congratulations. Standing now in front of the Colorado arena, he took a deep breath and clutched his duffel bag and walked right through the sliding doors. The lone receptionist directed him towards the right, since obviously she is always right.

Further down the hallway, he had found it. The Raptors section. Banners and pictures of team history hung from the ceiling. And then the door. He pulled through and had no idea what to expect. But alas, the door was locked. What? Why? He kept pulling the handle and pulling, but to no avail. Max cursed out loud a few times. This was not what he expected. Locked out of his first meeting? Outrageous. However, after pulling a few more times, he had saw the tiny minuscule letters that said: "PUSH". What an amateur move. With one pull, entered the locker room, Fossil Alums and rookies alike welcomed him with a warm greeting.

Max shook hands with everyone who was willing. Welcome to the den! Now this, was the true draft experience he had been waiting for his entire life. All the hard work playing in Vancouver's hockey acedemy. Everyone celebrating around him and for Max, it was the feeling about being as a team, together, that was the best. He was excited to have teammates as the boys and new friends. Now, was time to train and prepare for his SMJHL debut. As long as the rink doors opened by pulling.

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021, 10:41 PM by natedoeshockey.)

Patya Perevalov, the best-looking Russian, and probably player, in the SMJHL, walks into the locker room of the Carolina Kraken after being drafted 5th overall. He's still somewhat surprised that he was drafted so early - not because he wasn't confident in his ability to help a team get wins, but because his bank account was smaller than certain other players, as the ruble is a rather weak currency. Regardless, he's here now, and his dream is starting to take shape right before his eyes. Upon entering, he's immediately greeted warmly by the team, feeling accepted among them as one of their own. Most notably, he meets his soon-to-be best friend in the league, left defenseman and 47th overall pick in the draft, Vincent Fox. The Louisville native greets Patya with a fistbump and says "sup fam?" Patya nods, as his grasp on the English language still isn't great, and thus he has no idea what Vincent just said to him or what it means. However, it's the context that matters, and in this situation, it still makes Patya feel at home. So here he is now, his first whiff of success on his way to his eventual SHL stardom, and it smells sweet. It's time for him to get to work, time for him to dominate...you might even say, it's Patya time.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Nervously excited, yet also anxious, I walked towards the door to the locker room. *What will my teammates think about me? Will I like them? The coaches? What if I mess up?* All these thoughts and more were scrambling around in my head.  I had watched the draft results not long before, and remember nervously awaiting the call that I would be drafted. Of all the teams that had contacted me, Nevada was not one of those, so it was a shock to me when I received a call from them.  I remember being excited to play with Melvin Moose, a creature in the same Animal family as I am. I remember playing with Doug Glatt and Peanut Butter on the Screaming Cacti in the Prospect Showcase, and enjoyed playing with them.  But the rest I didn't know. Reaching the door, I hesitate, take a deep breath, and finally open it. What greeted me was a lot of commotion: just lots of talking and greetings and just all around goofing off. Some looked over at me, smiled, and waved me on in. Taking a sigh of relief, I enter, smiling, welcoming my new home.  I'll have to get used to the desert heat, but I can tell I'll have good people behind my back.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

When first arriving in Vancouver it was a bit odd, I was surrounded by quite a few players that I knew quite well due to their association with my grandfathers Simulated Hockey League team. Players such as Sven Svechnikov and Makrus "The Tater" Jager were very familiar faces for me and reacted very positively to me being drafted, this was incredibly reassuring as I am already aware of being assigned to the Edmonton Blizzard after this coming season, I will have developed chemistry with my teammates long before we ever take the ice in a Blizzard uniform. Another fun thing to experience was watching Whalers rookie Lev Lebadev get drafted to the Blizzard from the Whalers, just before the Whalers drafted me from the Blizzard.

Ultimately the team has treated me very well and I am excited to get myself out onto the ice so we can our journey towards winning the ever elusive four star cup, as that is every players dream, right?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

So the Knights picked up a good bunch of players in the entry draft. There's 11 of us in total, and we all took the same flight to Kelowna pretty much right after the draft was over, as GM Naosu wanted us to meet the rest of the guys as soon as possible. The next morning, Naosu sent us all a text message, saying "Come to Prospera Place at 2 PM. I've got something for you." I'd never been to the arena - I'd never even been to Kelowna, so I was quite excited to get to see it for the first time. Most of us arrived on time (except Sebastian, who was, like, 15 minutes late...) and Naosu was waiting for us down in the lobby. "Follow me," he said. He led us to our locker room, stopping in front of the door. He turned to me and said "Leons, since you're the first round pick, I suppose I'll let you do the honours." He stepped aside. I opened the door, and as the locker room was exposed to us for the very first time, we saw the rest of the team already inside. Suddenly, a bunch of airhorns went off, the room erupted in cheers, and confetti fell from the ceiling. We all rushed inside the LR. Cian McFelter yelled, "There you go!" Danny C gave a look of pleasant surprise. Roboute Guilliman belted, "We got a fucking squad now." And before Naosu hit the locker room door, former Kelowna Knights great Mike Izzy hugged him and said, "Y'all look so different." We all introduced ourselves to the guys - though it seemed like they already knew who we were - and then they showed us our lockers. I have to say, it was... quite the special feeling, seeing my locker, with my name and the number 96 written on it. I think that's the moment where it set in. I am a Kelowna Knight.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2021, 05:45 PM by Muerto.)

It was a strange Draft day for Grogu Mandosson in many ways. Expected by most mock drafters to go somewhere in the top 5, he surprisingly fell all the way to 18th before being selected by the Carolina Kraken. However, he never even got a chance to say hello to the team, as GM Sven shipped Grogu off to Anaheim within about 15 seconds after his name was called. I think that's what you call a Kluster-fuck! Anyway, I arrived in ANA where at that point the Outlaws were already ecstatic about drafting Pengu and Dobby in the first round, so the atmosphere was a bit giddy. Many players from the team were quick to welcome Grogu aboard, even getting a big bear hug from fellow Star Wars refugee Sekai Wollker. The best part was that as all the rookies who continued to get drafted showed up, they were all cheered just as much as the first rounders. The even more best part was that after the Draft, everyone piled on to the team bus and went for a welcome to Anaheim trip to Disneyland! Grogu had such a blast, eating blue cookies and riding the space rocket rides, he actually barfed blue all over himself! There's pictures of it all over the internet!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

When I first got to Newfoundland’s LR, the first thing I saw was an absolute chaos. Music blasting from one side of it, something from some Nintendo game I guess? I can never be too sure, the other side was actually our GMs just frantically calling about trying to finalize a trade they had made in the first round, there was a video conference going on with some of the teams alumni now playing in the SHL (which I found extremely interesting and wanted to go there first), and finally, the few people that actually waited on me to congratulate and welcome me to the team. I was slowly introduced to everyone (even the alumni, which took longer than I really expected it too), and when mr. Nordstern made it in about half an hour later, I was ready to cheer him on with the rest of the team. It’s loud, it’s messy, and it’s chaotic, certainly not what my agent was telling me a locker room at this level normally looked like, but I guess it’s home. At least for now.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

[Image: PT1.jpg]

[Image: LETS-FUCKING-GO.gif][Image: DTJR-Colorado-Signature.jpg]

King Rhames was shocked at the fan fare outside Jet Blue Airways Arena in Detroit, Michigan. "All this to welcome draft picks", he thought to himself. It was just the beginning. Detroit Falcons coaches and administrators were waiting inside the arena where Rhames and his fellow Season 60 draft picks were welcomed and ushered to the media room. A cluster of reporters and beat writers packed the room. Each Falcons prospect took a seat at the table that headed the room. Rhames was impressed to see placards adorn the table at each player's microphone. Following some interviews, Rhames and his new teammates proudly held up their red and white jerseys. "Mr. Irrelevant" and the number 93 adorned the back of Rhames's sweater. It signifies the fact he was the last player chosen in the Season 60 class. He could not love it more. Following the press session, Rhames and his teammates were given a tour or the Falcons' facilities. It was a phenomenal start to an SMJHL career. King Rhames is experiencing a whole new world.

[Image: xGemzbx.png]

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]