Create Account

SHL All-Time Moments

As the league grows, and more new blood comes in, I've always found it interesting to see when they learn about the history of the league. I'd like to see a thread happen where people can post some of their all time favorite moments. Any thing that you think has contributed to the history of the SHL - whether good or bad. Moments that have impacted your time in the league, that you look back on from time to time.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Jack crasher convincing every team he was signing with them and then going inactive in the early days. The first true chaos event lol.

Calgary reverse sweeping twice in the finals. S50 and S24? @Steelhead77

Rush was a funny one

The race for 1k points in S44/45 was a great one.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

06-15-2021, 06:27 PMluketd Wrote: Calgary reverse sweeping twice in the finals. S50 and S24? @Steelhead77

Rush was a funny one

Rush coming up in a discord server is what brought this post about.

Samee and thinking San Francisco was in Puerto Rico has always been a classic for me.

The relived moment will always be a classic, too.

I would like to see the origins of some of the all time copypastas, like life.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

winning zero games

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Honestly everything about the S44 Colorado Raptors is epic. The Gareth Rush mess, and then the Meme Team run to the finals(Scottey Crawling? *chefs kiss*

Daco's dumb public tampering of BUF's prospects was also iconic

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

06-15-2021, 07:01 PMhhh81 Wrote: Honestly everything about the S44 Colorado Raptors is epic. The Gareth Rush mess, and then the Meme Team run to the finals(Scottey Crawling? *chefs kiss*

Daco's dumb public tampering of BUF's prospects was also iconic

Yeah it's crazy how there weren't even finals that year either it just stopped

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

The Deplorables

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

06-15-2021, 06:27 PMluketd Wrote: Calgary reverse sweeping twice in the finals. S50 and S24? @Steelhead77

Rush was a funny one

S27 and S50. S27 game 7 ended in overtime with rookie Michael Burch scoring his 1st career playoff goal as  the cup winner I think. Classic sths overtime gwg lol. Calgary's first cup in 17 seasons at the time. 

Race for 1K points was classic too, @raymond3000 Kristian Eriksson coming from behind to beat Anrikkanen by 1 day!

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2021, 11:12 PM by boom.)

The near double reverse sweep in S56 was iconic. Many heart attacks were had.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2021, 12:08 AM by jjlangabeer.)

Im Bias but Langabeer getting 2 goals in 10 seconds to tie the game and take the lead in game 7 of the Cup finals is always my favorite moment for one of my players, and i guess it changed history

S41 Finals in the sig

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.
(This post was last modified: 06-16-2021, 08:05 AM by Mayuu.)

Remember that one time a team offered 3x 1st's and 4x 2nd's for a player and another team somehow snagged that player for waaay lower bid.

That was a pretty memorable situation.

RETIRED

Bill Lochhead ddosing the site, deleting Krever, Leafs, and Redacted's accounts. But he forgot Razov exists as an owner because he was fully inactive so Razov comes swooping out of nowhere, having not been seen on the site in months, to save the entire league and get it back up and running. I don't think he was ever seen again after that

And that's why we have the Anton Razov trophy for best playoff performance (award for being clutch basically)

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

06-16-2021, 09:59 AMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Bill Lochhead ddosing the site, deleting Krever, Leafs, and Redacted's accounts. But he forgot Razov exists as an owner because he was fully inactive so Razov comes swooping out of nowhere, having not been seen on the site in months, to save the entire league and get it back up and running. I don't think he was ever seen again after that

And that's why we have the Anton Razov trophy for best playoff performance (award for being clutch basically)
This is incredible

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I tried to start a collaborative history book of stories just for this sort of thing

It didn't catch on tho Undecided

06-16-2021, 08:04 AMMayuu Wrote: Remember that one time a team offered 3x 1st's and 4x 2nd's for a player and another team somehow snagged that player for waaay lower bid.

That was a pretty memorable situation.

Speaking of trades

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]