Create Account

S60 PT #3.5: Appreciation

I first wanted to mention that the great management team at Maine @Toast @SouthPaw continues to impress me with how awesome they are. It means the world to be a part of the leadership team this year and I am super excited to see where the team goes in the coming seasons! The new players we have are all fantastic additions and should make the team a threat even by this years playoffs. 

@sulovilen Thank you kindly for the fantastic sigs you put out. Everyone in our locker room now has the finest sigs in the league! 

Special shout outs to the great locker room we have as well. The rookies we got as well as our new players we acquired through trades etc. have all been fantastic. 

@tMuse, @dogwoodmaple, @Z-Whiz,  @dasboot@Slav1cThor @Big Newff @Opera_Phantom @Locagiess @LucidDreams702 @CheerfulBender20 @Tonzy @Sly92

Really appreciate all the work people are putting in at Maine and looking forward to hopefully nothing but great things to come! 

Also wanted to mention definitely missing some folks and if I had time I would thank all the other awesome folks that have helped me get into sim leagues but that would take weeks..... Happy to be a part of this and thanks to all you fine folks for being you!

[Image: rFbd0KA.png]

It's hard to know where to begin - the SHL has been a place where I've made new friends in the year and a half that I have been on it that I never expected to. With the Detroit Falcons S53 class being a super close-knit group, it has been amazing to have people like @notorioustig @Mediocre_Fred @leviadan and @Aephino to talk to not to mention @Rangerjase and @reid whom I have had the pleasure of sharing SHL locker rooms with. The Sweden contingent is another group that I really appreciate, as we cheer each other on regardless of team affiliation and make sure that everyone has a fun time in the off-season. Sharing a Discord with the SHN group is great as well as it gives me a sounding board for ideas for articles, initiatives and other things that I would like to do in the SHL, as well as a source for league history and lots of resources to draw on.

The SHL has been great, and I appreciate everyone in the league!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

@nour This guy is the best commissioner the site has ever seen. What a growth of the league he's spurred forward and overseen with largely no major issues since his takeover. On top of this he is a great friend and I love him very much and he is my good buddy pal even a smelly man some times. 

@Gooney and @WatersThese guys are not very interested in the SHL, but I have still made a friend by them in my short time here. Their current players are Wen baters and Tommy Westbrook, but those guys are not going to be around very long, because they are already inactive. Some day we will have them back on the site in full force, hopefully soon. They are good buddies and I love them.
last but not least we have @Hallsy. This guy kills it in the GM department and is still the GOAT no matter what anyone says. He keeps hammy together and rights our ship.

[Image: rotti.gif]

It feels like I have been around this league a while, but I have not interacted much outside of my team clubhouses. I have been fortunate to meet a great number of awesome users in my time so far. Thank you to @dmills3 and @boom for bringing me on the squad back in the day and harboring my love for the league. I have enjoyed talking with you guys in my short time in juniors. You two are absolute legends and I wish you well. @JR95 and @mastersheep you two have been amazing managers in my time in baltimore. I've had a blast so far and thank you for bringing me in to the team. JR you are an awesome cook and I love seeing what wonderful dishes you make. Sheep you are a legend and I am happy to have the opportunity to manage you over in PBE. It's been fun getting to interact with you more. @DELIRIVM you are probably my best SHL friend. We've been teammates since the Vancouver days and you helped keep me in the league when I felt like retiring after getting released. I love talking hockey and throwing jabs at each other because our teams are good but also suck haha. Thank you for all you do.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 10:50 AM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Written Task: Write about the users and friends you have made in this league during your short or long time in the SHL. Whether you've made a few close friends or hundreds, this is a very welcoming community and it is easy to make friendships with almost all users on the site. Now is the time to appreciate what we have in this life and the souls we've bonded with, even through a screen. Feel free to tag them as well, as you never know when some kind words can make someone's day. (150+ words)

Instead of going and tagging a bunch of users, I'm gonna do this one differently and speak more in general terms.
When I first joined the SHL, I remember being a little lost on what to do. I was invited into the S50 Discord channel and found that place to be very welcoming to new users, with some great mentors willing to show people the ropes.
I’ve been fortunate to only have positive experiences with LRs in the SHL. It’s such a big aspect of the league now, and I’m grateful that there’s been an effort to make sure that those spaces are inclusive of different people and perspectives, as well as users with varying amounts of experience with sim leagues. Without such good LRs, the league would be nothing.
Thanks to everyone who I’ve ever interacted with positively on this site. You’re too many to name, and that seems like a great problem to have. There’s no doubt in my mind that this league has a long and robust lifespan ahead of it with the environment the most dedicated users have worked to create.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

I would like to thank @LordBirdman and @Jumbobone19 for bringing me into the excellent Raptors community.  It has been a great experience in the J and learning all I can about the league and the game mechanics.  I couldn't image being on another team.  Thanks to @micool132 for all that early forum reputation and being a fun person to hang around with.  Thanks to @Ruggsy for bringing me into the fray inside the World Junior Championships.  I really enjoyed coming up with a brand and implementing it.  Thank you to @Thatguy91 and @AgentSmith630 for drafting me in my first ever draft and for believing in me for the teams future.  I have had a blast so far.

I want to thank @"luketd", @DrunkenTeddy, and @esilverm for believing in me and helping me come up to speed with the development side of things.  I have really enjoyed learning the system and stack and adding new features to make everyone's life better.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

alrighty time drop some love to everyone <3
lets start with my main man @nour. i friggin love this dude with my whole heart. hes the one that introduced me to the site. he's been nothing but helpful. outside of the site tho hes one of my best friends actually do not know what id do without him. kiss me rn.
@Gooney, @Waters, @jeffie43, yes i tagged u <3, @Gwdjohnson, @Good_Ole_Kimmy, @Jobin, @RotticusScott @Hallsy, @dmills3, @DrunkenTeddy, boys. idk what i'd do without u guys either. you all have been so lovely to get to know over the past year and a bit and it's always the highlight of my evening after a shitty shift. If i missed anyone im sorry you know who you are.
you guys have been nothing but supportive and accepting and the loveliest group of dudes. I hope to continue to get to know you guys as the years go by. I will see some of yall soon and the others, til next time. <3

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

Thank you to @Ace for first getting me acquainted with the SHL and helping me out with my starter build back in the Dallas Birddogs locker room. 

Much love to everyone on the Winnipeg Aurora who continue to find the positives in each season and cheer one another on despite the many challenges we face in the sim. Big thanks specifically to @Muerto and @Geekusoid for all the work they put in to try and make it enjoyable for all of us.

Outside of the Aurora, special shout-outs to @overdoo and @sve7en (and his Hockey Talk Tonight crew) for being all around awesome guys and also giving me quality content to listen to while I work.  Also to old fart @Carpy48 who, although we haven't really talked since I left Toronto, has continued to make the league more fun for me through the neat graphics contests and so on that come up sometimes. 

Finally, special thank you again to my ISFL folks who also share this league and make it as great as they made that one (think you all know who you are).

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!

@Moreorless89 you are are honestly the mestest more. I loved meeting you for the first time in the Vancouver locker room, seeing your excitement in your player and the team. You have always been so positive and I love talking to you! That's why I had to get Toronto to draft you and I'm glad it all worked out! Please keep on doing what you're doing and keep being you because just seeing you achieve things like writing poems and stories, graduating, and potentially even moving to somewhere else in the United States has been great for me in terms of showing me that the future has exciting things ahead. I don't really know what I want to do and I'm not too sure if or when I'll do a masters, but I'll continue to work at it and keep a positive mindset like you do. I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, but once I'm done with the SHL, I hope we keep in touch. I'll be a message away on discord and we can play Stardew Valley together! But until then, we have a cup to win and the rest of our careers ahead of us. Talk to you soon in the locker room!

P.S. You're doing great with public speaking! Keep working at it and let me know when you are at more events! You know you have my support <3

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2021, 04:06 AM by Urq660.)

I think this PT is a great palate cleanser, following the tragic irl events out of Columbus.

SHL was my first ever sim league, hell I didn’t know such a thing existed previously! At first glance, it does seem quite abstract and difficult to work out exactly what is going on. A bit of finger trouble on my end didn’t help things initially, when I thought I had replied to DMs, but hadn’t, leaving a couple of GMs thinking I’m just plain rude! Luckily, once I’d sorted things out, there was a place on the St Louis roster still open.

Now, I know everyone says their Locker Room is the best, but I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better place to start. The GM combo has always been very strong, with @Capt_Blitzkrieg and @EricNCSU initially helping me navigate things, and introducing me to the team and players, and now with @TheSparkyDee as co-GM, providing a high-energy presence in the locker room. Also, it was awesome that one of the first guys I ran into was a fellow Scot, and possibly the best guy in sim leagues, @Asked Madden! Over my season with St Louis, we’ve had a great mixture of people, who have been fun, helpful, very supportive when I had to go IA for irl stuff, and extremely welcoming when I came back, despite me dropping them on it at basically no notice! There have been amazing veterans of the site, like @rum_ham, @Nictox, @fishy, @Rancidbudgie and of course, @JKortesi81, who have all helped me immeasurably. Guys that came in alongside me, @bjkman, @ImYolo, and our current superstars, @Mooty99, @gucci, @Jackers41, @Faded, @ZootTX, @fever95 @Nhlbeastmode_7777, @By-Tor, @SilverCannon, beautiful bastards one and all!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

PBE +3

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

I am coming up to 2 and a half years on this with Jon so I wouldn't exactly say short time even though people have been playing longer, even if originally joined for a bit in 2014. But this time around I have to say that I really did enjoy my time with the Whalers. Luke and Infidel were some of the most fun GMs I ever did have. The bond with the Whalers is dead now though past Infidel who is still 1 of my fav SHL based users that I sometimes talk to in Super Casual.

I guess my fav SHL based people would be Keygan and Tony Pepperoni from the Edmonton Blizzard who did a lot for me at Edmonton so I like them a lot. Evok has always been a cool person but that is mainly from other sim leagues since we've never really been on the same teams in SHL but I know she is cool and a big person in this sim league. Zoone is probably 1 of the more fun and cool people as well who deserves a mention in this and I am glad we are team mates now.

[199 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PBE PT

Oh gosh where to start!

To my Raptor gang @LordBirdman @Ruggsy @Jumbobone19 @lespoils @ProjectSaint thanks for keeping an old fart around and listen to my random tangents. You've got a great group of rookies this season, some of the most active I've ever seen. THanks to @Talls + Ruggs as well for feeding my Terraforming Mars hunger pangs. Special shoutout to fellow FE trash @Drokeep and @TapdancingNecrons for giving me someone to listen to my rantings and ravings.

@39alaska39 @Esso2264 thanks for the early days and that legendary S44 meme team. Hope y'all are doing well in your new situations. Some of my favorite memories on site involve you two.

To the Seattle crew @bdu754 @notorioustig @grok @reid @Gwdjohnson @Blasoon and now my Raptor buddies RESO and JURT!!! I'm proud to be your captain; let's keep rocking and rolling onto making some noise in the playoffs! I'm having a ton of fun being on the team and think this is where Darrow's gonna retire.

Thanks for carrying on the Awards team legacy @Matteo. I appreciate you.

Hey @Evok @bilbo you're two of my favorite people on the site. I know we haven't talked much lately, but know I'm sending good vibes your way! <3 <3

@sköldpaddor what more can I say? Happy to co-run the JURT fan club with you, and glad to call you my friend.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]