Create Account

s60 mPT #4: Feedback

Veteran users and newbies alike can all agree: This site is awesome. But they also agree that: this site sucks. There's a tricky love/hate dynamic with the SHL that makes you hungry for more and you just can't figure out why. Like why do I do this job for fake money.. What the fuck

Your task: Pick one thing you love about this site that you absolutely wouldn't change! Give props to those responsible (unlike mpt2 this is not meant to be sarcasm)
                    On top of that, pick one thing you'd absolutely like changed about the site and explain your grievances. Maybe HO will look at this (probably not)

25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, July 18th at 11:59pm CT.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Don't be mean to me :(
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Live everythings are the best. Whether it's sims or drafts, doing them live and enjoying them together with all these people is fantastic.

I'd like to see steps taken to bring more consistency, continuity and less bias to punishments by setting up a separate committee for them, handling punishments for the entire site instead of having the two leagues work this own.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 07:00 PM by ACapitalChicago.)

07-11-2021, 06:52 PMMutedfaith Wrote: I'd like to see steps taken to bring more consistency, continuity and less bias to punishments by setting up a separate committee for them, handling punishments for the entire site instead of having the two leagues work this own.

You know what, I agree to a degree. I think this would be a really cool thing to explore, setting up the Owners with their own separate committee to handle any and all punishments. Take it out of all HO's hands and let the Owners be the ones to declare punishments would probably give some more faith in both Head Offices

Edit: also if anyone has specific suggestions about the J feel free to @ me

Edit 2: Also since I need to explain one thing that goes well, I think the current PTs are really nice because they're incredibly personable. They're down to earth and seem like actual relatable tasks.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

To start, we have one of the best forums and rookie mentor teams out of all the sim leagues, i cant remember whos running the mentors right now but @DrunkenTeddy is by and large the face of the people that make the forum amazing. In terms of what I would change? Make SHL gms actually fucking scout, and give SMJHL gms CW pass. We are busy scouting and making sure the newest members of the site stay engaged and get scouted, the time we spend doing CW could be spent scouting

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I love the index and how it displays data.  Thanks @DrunkenTeddy and @esilverm.  Let's keep up the good work.

I wish we would just suck it up and get FHM 7.  I know we want to wait for 8, but I really want my box scores and the ability to close the game properly without saving.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

The dev team, hands down, has done remarkable things in improving the index to match the use of FHM vs STHS.  That alone is a fantastic boon for this community that I'm pretty sure has rarely been seen anywhere else in sim leagues.  With that being said however, one thing that is kind of rough that I personally have some issue with is the organization of the forums.  They are pretty well in line, yes, but there's times where a rule is changed in an announcement post or a suggestion is made as a response and instead of the main resource related to that (posting rules, player rules, etc) being updated...you have to either bookmark that forum post or continue to dig back and go find it if you have a question about it, or to make sure that it doesn't become an obscure post that you could get penalized on in the future.

I don't think the site is all that bad, actually. Maybe it's because I come from the PBE, the redheaded stepchild of the SHL. It certainly could be improved, but UX is a difficult thing to master and I certainly don't expect it to come from a group of volunteers. if y'all do figure it out though, please send the PBE some tips and advice lol. Thing I wouldn't change would probably be the index, y'all have a nice index.

Code:
Your task: Pick one thing you love about this site that you absolutely wouldn't change! Give props to those responsible (unlike mpt2 this is not meant to be sarcasm)
                    On top of that, pick one thing you'd absolutely like changed about the site and explain your grievances. Maybe HO will look at this (probably not)

One thing that I love about the site is the automatic banking system (before we had to manually post on the banking forum to withdraw money). One thing that I would like changed would be automatic dark mode instead of light mode when not signed in (my eyes dislike light mode).

(51 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2021, 08:11 PM by hockeyiscool.)

Kalakar is the best and I wouldn't change that and I only have Kalakar to thank for propping up the site like all other simmers before him they are often the lynchpin that keeps everything working. One thing that I would change is that my team would stop losing games, but in reality something that ought to be changed is a sim team to give balance to players schedules as well as test simming should be less impactful coaches and GMs ought to have lives outside of the sim.

One thing that I would change rule wise is that due to the amount that we've expanded and where players are being drafted that SHL punishments that have a penalty of 3rd round should be moved up to 2nd round to make it feel like an actual punishment.

One of the best things about the SHL is the banking system. As an ISFL banker I’m jealous every time I make a purchase, it's a great system.

One of the worst things about the SHL is the duplicate and redundant dual progression system. It's confusing for new players and an overall waste of time for the league in general.

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

I must admit that I enjoy the work that has gone into the Index. I enjoy stats. Kudos to whoever did all of that work.

I do not like how the point tasks for the SMJHL and the SHL are split into two. It seems silly.

[Image: TD6O3KW.png]
Signature courtesy of sulovilen.  May his name be exalted in Sardangian lore.

I love the social aspect of the site, and how every compelling part of the league is user generated/created. And likely unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see money be easier to get. Lots of the site's activity is on discord now, but people that are active on discord but not on the site fall behind and eventually stop trying to keep up when they start running out of money.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

While I love the new index and think it's almost perfect, one small thing I would add is the ability to search by team in the spot where you can search by player or position, rather than having to go through the "teams" section of the index. Again though, huge massive improvement over the old index, the team that worked on it really went off.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

If there was something on the website that could be improved, there should be a TPE tracker based on team members instead of just draft class, to see who’s been earning, and who’s been slacking on their TPE.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

i absolutely fucking love the index and the beauties who made it for us. it's a fucking treat that we don't deserve.

on the flip side, i think punishments can be a bit inconsistent, and i agree with muted's previous comment that there should be a separate committee for punishments

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs