Create Account

Cancer

Wonderful new, bro! That's really good to hear. Go splurge on some celebration time!

Cheers

and now I can safely use your "this shitstorm gave me cancer" joke. Smile)

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jul 14 2016, 08:19 AM
Awesome news!

As it turns out, the interference with other systems was limited - so much so that they want to hold off on radiation and just do an active surveillance! Basically this means I'll be in and out of hospitals every quarter for the next 2-3 years, provided it doesn't get worse. Then it'll be time for radiation/chemo, another surgery, etc.

I'm happy to say I've survived cancer! Honestly fuck the urology clinic for assuming the worst instead of just saying "I don't know". Some doctors/lawyers/etc. need classes in social skills.

Now I have to get a tattoo and go skydiving. That's the really scary part. Thank you all for being so supportive of me and my struggle. It's been a really tough few months. I know I'm not completely out of the woods, but this was better news than I could have predicted. Smile

That's definitely much better!

why didn't i see this <a href='index.php?showuser=1583' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>GCool</a> happy for ya bud keep kicking this fucker's ass

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jul 14 2016, 07:22 AM
Wonderful new, bro! That's really good to hear. Go splurge on some celebration time!

Cheers

and now I can safely use your "this shitstorm gave me cancer" joke. Smile)

Smile) Thanks dude.

Probably getting this on my shoulder:

[Image: ghs_ca-500x500.jpg]

It's the GHS symbol for carcinogen. Comes on packaging for chemicals - so it sort of makes sense Tongue

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jul 14 2016, 07:29 AM

Smile) Thanks dude.

Probably getting this on my shoulder:

[Image: ghs_ca-500x500.jpg]

It's the GHS symbol for carcinogen. Comes on packaging for chemicals - so it sort of makes sense Tongue

Finally I can make the "I'm in the cancer lab" joke with you again Smile fucking organics and aromatics

luv u gbae forever n always bb

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

awesome to hear dude

Great news, congratulations! Cheers

Hopefully everything goes as planned in the future!

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Jul 14 2016, 07:19 AM
Awesome news!

As it turns out, the interference with other systems was limited - so much so that they want to hold off on radiation and just do an active surveillance! Basically this means I'll be in and out of hospitals every quarter for the next 2-3 years, provided it doesn't get worse. Then it'll be time for radiation/chemo, another surgery, etc.

I'm happy to say I've survived cancer! Honestly fuck the urology clinic for assuming the worst instead of just saying "I don't know". Some doctors/lawyers/etc. need classes in social skills.

Now I have to get a tattoo and go skydiving. That's the really scary part. Thank you all for being so supportive of me and my struggle. It's been a really tough few months. I know I'm not completely out of the woods, but this was better news than I could have predicted. Smile

Glad to hear that! Cancer fucking sucks, man.

Really glad to hear it was good news!

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Update: I am in clinical remission, 5 years cancer free post-operation.

Things have been rather up-and-down lately apart from that. I do have a child who's adorable and 11 weeks old. Her name is Vivienne. But I'm still grinding through contract jobs hoping someone will hire me full-time. Financially things are just more up-in-the-air than I'd like. But I guess that's just part of life in the early 2020's for people my age.

In any case, reading this back filled my heart. I'm glad that I came here for this and, even though I was still very much out of sorts post-operation for a little while, I'm a much more even-keeled person than the original SHLer I came to the forum as.

Thanks. Smile

that's awesome to hear bud!

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

<3 @GCool

[Image: Wally.png]

Remission! Yeah fantastic news!!!!!!!!

Hadn't seen this before but that's some positive news, GC. Very glad to see it!