Create Account

S60 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 05:24 PM by Fitted2106.)

1. There were many ups and downs this year for fitted for one I started off the season on fire but in second half went out with a whimper. It's okay though the collapse is ok and shall fuel me next season. Other then my play many writers really made me feel some type of way questioning my compete level and effort and that really pissed me off but it's all good I know next season my self and the entire team will come back super hungry and ready to get after it hard. Trills were out in full force from other teams due to my out spoken nature and the way I handle myself in the media. I have to take it all as it comes and just get back to playing my game this upcoming season truthfully I just have to stay on my game and not let the outside forces bother me any. Let's go 161 words

6. I think Finland is gonna make some serious noise this season and truly make it to the medal round finnaly. Theres no doubt that we have been pushing for a long time to become a competitive nation and I think we are finnaly gonna get there this year. With players like Kekkonen jurt Carpet and many others I really think Finland can get into the medal round and possibly upset one of the big dogs that's been running this thing for so long. It finnaly looks like the team has a complete roster and some super high end players as well for once the depth on the team is actual there and will not just be a bunch of pee ons getting creamed. With us also becoming new FINALND as our new name suggests we are ready to leave our mark and leave the haters devastated because fuck them we are the new big dogs on the block and were here to kick ass. 166 words

3. Yes it is freaky Friday and I'm Martin westbrook of Chicago now as Michael fitted because we switched bodies and well it's kinda hard to type now. I choked in the finals along with my team because that's what fitted does AMD sp I made it so my team would not win now with me being g a Chicago syndicate. I made many blunders in this finals I cant believe I did not close out these stampede bums while being up 3-1 and because of that I'm being crucified in the media. I had on distaruos play in ot of game 6 where I straight up dished the puck to the blue line Nd it sent buffalo straight on a breakaway and onwards to a game 7 matchup.  It's just my biscuits that I played like this and couldn't hold it together for the team it really upsets

Miles tones+4
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3084722

12 A. No these teams do not deserve to be here they got luckey when fhm era started and teams kept trading them picks. Neither if these so called powers ever had to go through the rough days like me in Tampa they are fucking soft cuz and dont deserve no love. I'm just here ti set that record straight dawg 60 words

Cw verification =fitted

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.
Like in Pokemon, my goal is not to be champion if I were to step into the PokeSHL. In real life, I would aspire to be a talented trainer who works as an early gym leader. Sure, I have some really powerful Pokemon in my back pocket to crush the life out of rookies, but I rather help the young folks build their confidence early in their journey. I’ll challenge you, push you to become your best, but be okay when you move onto bigger things down the road. The PokeSHL is the same—I love the J and think it’s the best part of the site, so I would want to take on a similar role in the new PokeSHL and turn young guns into monsters. I don’t like breeder so much as turn a profit on helping young rookie PokePlayers transform and move on to bigger lights.

Don’t ask me what Pokemon different players would be. Nothing good will amount from that idea. ( @sve7en is Farfetch’d; don’t ask me why).

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...
Oh man, you aren’t even ready for this. So I would pull the ol’ double switcheroo. I would first inhabit the body of league superstar Aron Hernadivic just to MonStars his elite passing and skill and then take it to put it into everyone’s favorite Swedish meatball, Gunnar Soderberg @sköldpaddor. The old man of the Syndicate’s forward group has been up and down coming off his knee surgery. He put up a career high in points in the regular season jut to fall off in the playoffs. For these finals, on his way to playoffs MVP, I would revive Soderberg’s previous finals accolades by going on a dominant stretch to pull Chicago to the Cup win and his second Razov trophy. You go, Gunnar! To beat the best, you gotta take down the best, and Hernadivic’s star has to dim for Soderberg to retake his place in the sun for one more glory moment.

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.
I know my stance is not well-received by many, but I’ve been a staunch pro-everyone makes playoffs person for a long time. The purpose of the SMJHL is to orient new users to the site/community and drive involvement. Having everyone in playoffs helps in that regard. I can understand the detractors—the playoff format is flawed, it devalues the purpose of the playoffs, it makes things too long (okay the last two I don’t buy into), etc. I think at the end of the day, the purpose of the league needs to take center stage (and the purpose isn’t winning at all costs). I want to see everyone in the playoffs; more rounds leads to more series, which can help build up some rivalries (see the forever matchups between Maine and Newfoundland or those great CAR-VAN series we’ve seen throughout the S50s). I think HO needs to seriously look at other options and make the best choice for the league, whether that be standing pat or making adjustments.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?
I think this is fascinating. Cassius Darrow already has had a pretty good career. If we stayed in STHS, I think he would have been a good-but-never-elite player in any way (as it’s impossible to build the way I wanted to build in STHS especially post-exploit). I wanted to build a great pass-first, two-way defender who played a clean game. In STHS that meant not taking a bunch of hits/PIMs and being offensively inferior to the Scoring-based builds.

If my whole career was in FHM, oooooh boy, then I think Darrow would have not only broken the blocks record, he would have set it on fire and kept the record for a good bit. Now, I know I’m likely going to be one of the first other players to break 2000 career blocks, but even if I hold on long enough to take 1st place from (likely) Mathias Seger, I won’t hold it very long with all these young guns who had their careers in all/primarily FHM. Being a late 40s player really makes it hard to evaluate for HOF purposes.
Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
sloots

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)
Let's get it, +3

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 04:26 PM by Rabidsponge21.)

PBE PT +3

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Trivia - Doug

MIlestones +1

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

Where to start on what happened to Mikkel Asmus Sondergard.

Well as he broke the 1600 TPE plain he produced one of his worst seasons to date both between minors and the SHL. It was really perplexing to see probably what should be a continuation of his growth at the professional falter like it did. A team which was loaded with players who had a plus/minus of at least 18 or more he was the only player to post single digits and even then was barely about the freezing point at plus 1. I had wondered about my players true viability on this team heading into this off season and considered exercising my player option but will be with holding it for 1 more season to see if Mikkel can have a bounce back year with the team that drafted him and was able to win a cup with. One thing is for certain though, if he struggles again this season he might look elsewhere trying to find the magic for the prime of his career.

Quote:5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

I am a sucker for traditional formats. Really I know some purists will say they hate the bye or the "everyone makes the playoffs" bull, but really for a sim league we need to make sure we keep people engaged as much as possible and in order to do that, events need to be happening constantly. Sure the really weak teams might get bounced every season because FHM can be unforgiving, but who cares when you could MAYBE just MAYBE have that one upset happen each season and give some extra excitement to what is for a lot of people an extremely boring off season at times. Lets go for it, full chaos.

Quote:7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What would have happened?

The sim would have continued to be more random overall allowing some more variety in the winners of the cup. Currently with FHM I feel like every season is turning into one of sameyness - mix in the good teams continuing to be good with hardly any slip ups and you have a large section of boredom starting to sink in. One thing that STHS had was some pretty unfortunate flaws which kept getting exploited by teams for their own benefits but who is too say FHM doesn't have some secrets that teams continue to hold onto? I can think of one team that had lots of previous experience with the sim before the switch and they keep topping the league in stats across the board. STHS at least offered some randomness, FHM is becoming a world of repeats with the update scale being so low now with only a 1-20 range, the recent fixes seem to be alright to level the field a bit, but spending all season earning TPE to buy 1-2 points of skill? Not really that fun. There is good and bad for both really.

Quote:16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Whelp since I know that Luke is clearly a die hard {Insert NHL team he likes here} I would take him to the ultimate road trip. We would arrange a trip to all 31 NHL teams for that season on a road trip and let him pick where he would want to watch each game. Maybe he wants box seats for every game? Against the glass, the nose bleeds to witness all the philly fans fight and southern teams toss racial slurs, the possibilities are endless! I mean we just finished a highly succesful heist right? So really money is near limitless, so lets go nuts - you wanna get nuts? LETS GET NUTS.

Potential 7/16

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 12:36 AM by Dextaria.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

I think for Ryosuke Sato the worst thing that happened this season is how Sato got absolutely shelled in the four game sweep in the playoffs. The Hamilton offense just picked apart the pairing of Ryosuke Sato and Adam Barron in the playoffs and let us be honest here, the problem certainly is not Barron... In the playoffs Ryosuke found himself a -6 with 1 giveaway, only 2 block shots, and 12 hits. This is not even mentioning his defensive rating of 47... not even a pass... Well enough of the negatives, on the flip side Sato had his first career hat trick this season against the Baltimore Platoon to win the game 5-2! Although in the grand scheme of things it might not have meant much, but it was definitely a monumental moment for Sato as he broke out in scoring this season. Plus hat tricks as a defenseman do not come by often so here is to celebrating that! (161 words)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

If I'm building a Pokemon team like how I was when I was a child, you just need one starter that carries the team and then a bunch of Pokemon that you like to act as fodder when you need to heal your starter. With that, the starter will of course be none other than my player, Ryosuke Sato. There's always something about your first "Pokemon" in this case that you can't not have on your team. Sure Sato needs a season or two more of grinding before he can tackle the Elite Four and eventually the Pokemon Champion in the SHL, but he'll definitely get there. As for support Pokemon, as I said it's just Pokemon that you like so for me the other 5 party members would definitely be Luffy Richard, Harry Carpet, Ursin Zimmermann, Ruslan Zaporozhets, and the last spot would be filled by none other than... an egg. What does that mean? Well in Pokemon you usually are given an egg and the best way to have it hatch it is to carry it around with you (better with Flame Body but let's forget about that). So the egg in the PokeSHL would represent a new rookie, a new create that is steaming with life and excitement because that is what all good parties need. Plus, Sato is gonna be carrying anyways so we good. (229 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

So it's Freaky Friday and I wake up one day to see myself in the body of none other than Aron Hernadivic! The leading point scorer of the Buffalo Stampede. Realizing the unique situation I am in, I know I have to help out my fellow Japanese players in Chicago because at least I have that connection with them. That plus the fact that they are no longer in the Great Lakes Division. And so, being Hernadivic I start to majorly sabotage the Buffalo Stampede, shooting pucks over the glass, obstructing my own teammates, giving the puck away, literally anything to hinder the Buffalo Stampede and to help the Chicago Syndicate. It may even get to a point where the coach of the Stampede decides to sit me, or rather sit Hernadivic, significantly reducing his ice time in future games as well. But other than that, it would be nice to walk around as Aron and get into different bars and clubs. I promise not to do anything that would get the team and players in trouble, but it would definitely be an interesting experience all around before I return to my own body. (194 words)
Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

a. As boring as another Great Lakes final appearance may be, there is not a doubt in my mind that both the Chicago Syndicate and the Buffalo Stampede deserve to be in the Challenge Cup final. The teams are clearly one of the best in the league and season predictions reflected that by having them as the most predicted finalists. (59 words)
b. Although the Chicago Syndicate made great strides this past season to improve the team, the Buffalo Stampede just has the raw TPE totals to support them once again winning the Challenge Cup. Therefore, I believe that the Cup returns to the Great Lakes Division where it has comfortably sat for the past number of seasons before Texas won. (58 words)
c. I am not a big fan of the Buffalo Stampede's two colour logo and design. I have never been the biggest fan of a bunch of circle logos as it looks not unique, and with that the two tone colouring doesn't add to the overall logo. Personally, I believe the logo should just be the Buffalo head with maybe a third colour for shading. (64 words)
Code:
13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

I think it is hard to argue that Martijin Westbroek was not the MVP of the series despite the team losing the series. Westbroek lead the playoffs in points with 30, and was a whole 11 points ahead of the next Chicago player Ryuuji Minamino. The man played power play, penalty kill, threw big hits and blocked shots when he needed to against an arguably more stacked Buffalo Stampede team who had 5 players with 20 points or more. I think the only argument that could be made is that Elizabeth Doyle played out of her mind with a save percentage at 0.926. Although, I would still give it to Westbroek because Doyle faced 150 less shots compared to her counterpart Mat Smith. (123 words)
Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Dex

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

Luke deserves nothing but the finest of fine dining. I would take him back to Vancouver to relive his times there and reminisce of the good ol' days before taking him out to dinner at the most expensive sushi restaurant in town (I hope he likes sushi because I don't really know). The sushi would be served directly by the head chef there at the restaurant at a comfortable pace where we would chat in between bites, yet still get the full experience of fine dining. Along with the sushi would be the restaurants finest sake for Luke to have before the night gets dark and he is driven back to his 5-star hotel suite on the top floor. Again, only the finest for our Lukey boy. (127 words)

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestone Claim

16/16 TPE + 6 TPE extra in case

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 11:32 PM by goilers.)

5. Written, 2 TPE
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.
Adding 2 more teams to the SMJHL is great & I think it will be really good for the league. Right now, however, I do not like how every team makes the playoffs & I think that only a certain amount of teams should make it. So when we add more teams I think that only the top 12 should make it & go from there. If you're at the bottom of the league you get a better draft position to make up for it. I think since every team makes it right now it is not as exciting as it would be if your team earned it.
108 Words

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?
I think both teams that made it into the finals belong there. They played incredibly well all season & there's a reason they are where they are. I think Buffalo Stampede has the best team, they have some great players & their GMS are amazing & they have had some great puck luck mixed with talented players.  57 words
b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?
I think the Buffalo Stampedes run over the last 20 seasons is something to be really proud of & I think it's better than Chicago's two-time run. Obviously, if a team is continuing to be successful it comes down to management & leadership. The dominance is incredible & I don't see them slowing down anytime soon.  56 Words
c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor. 
I don't really like nitpicking & honestly, I am a fan of both teams logos, colours & jerseys. But if I had to choose something it would be the Chicago Syndicate colours scheme. I think of red/black when I think of them but that's just me & we already have multiple teams with that colour. Maybe id like it more if it were a darker yellow. 67 words 
d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
I think the best player or one of the best players for Buffalo is Viktor Marius who played their last game in season 52. Marius played their entire career in Buffalo & is added to the SHL hall of fame. He had an excellent career & was a big part of their dominant run. He deserves the recognition after putting in so much time & work with the Stampede. 69 words 

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

To be completed when playoffs are done 
The Buffalo Stampede in the simulation hockey league is the best team, so it is no surprise the most valuable player is on that team. My vote for the most valuable player is Evok of course, goalie Elizabeth Doyle. She played unreal this season posting 40 wins, 9 losses & 5 overtime losses which is incredible. She kept up to pace in the playoffs taking round after round. She ended up standing tall in game 7 and bringing the Challenge Cup back home to the Buffalo Stampede. Not only is she an amazing goalie she is one of the great leaders on the team & has been helping Buffalo remain successful. 111 Words

15.  CW TRIVIA 3 TPE
goilers

16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE 
Luke is such a giving individual & it was truly so nice of him to let me keep the money that I stole from him in the heist. However, he only let me keep 1000 dollars of it, so it wasn't as much as I was hoping for when I stole. Luke is so lucky because I took him out for dinner, some drinks & then made him sit through a ballet the Nutcracker for the rest of the evening, something I enjoy doing on my days off. He fell asleep in the middle of the show, but I know he had a great time deep down. 107 Words 

17. Milestones -3 TPE

Milestones

16/16

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 01:15 AM by leafs1997.)

1. 3 TPE
This season was quite the rollercoaster for sure. Involvement with alleged steroid supplements, Cian McFelter messing with my life, getting called up to NOLA, doing fairly well as a rookie, etc was all "fun"! I think the worst thing to happen this season was Cian McFelter deciding to hang up his skates and put away his SHL hopes and dreams. Vlastislav Malik and Cian McFelter were teammates in Kelowna, were Captains together, would fight with each other for goals, got drafted to NOLA in Round 1 of the same draft, won the Four Star Cup with the Knights, and were supposed to make the move up to NOLA together as well. It was quite sad when Malik learnt that his close friend (this is the one time Malik will say this publicly) wouldn't be making the move up to NOLA with him and even sadder when McFelter announced that he would be moving on to other things. @Titan best of luck to you bro. You're wrong if you think you can get away from me tho.

2. 3 TPE
I like to stick with a few pokemon usually, focusing on levelling them up and then filling out the rest of the team later. Firstly, @Titan is a Slowpoke. He's slow, cause he's old. Doesn't really do much (did you hear he quit before he made it up to NOLA? So sad, not.). Thick af skin tho. Not many can take the friendly fire shots Malik throws AND fire back as well consistently. Lastly, @Pythonic is a Rattata. He's here, but no one wants him here. He can attack you but realistically, he's just annoying. In terms of strategy, I think it'd be fun becoming a gym leader. Technically speaking, there's nothing stopping me from taking breaks in between sessions of helping others on their path to greatness to level up my pokemon. I can slowly complete my pokedex as well. Breed them? Sure, why not. Train low level juniors players after catching them? Yes! I've won this question, haven't I? Best of all worlds here.

3. 3 TPE
This is an easy pick. I considered making a goalie when initially joining the SHL, so if I have the opportunity to be in a player's shoes that's in the SHL Finals, I'm definitely going for a goalie. Which goalie? Elizabeth Doyle. People hate on Buffalo but who cares really. People are going to hate on the best of the best for eternity anyways. Elizabeth has manned the crease for Buffalo since I've been here and has backstopped them to the Finals fairly consistently. So, I get to step into the shoes of a world-class goaltender on a solid team in the SHL Finals. What do I do? Try my best not to screw it up! The goal is to win the Challenge Cup and know how that feels! This is all research for winning with NOLA by the way. We're gonna get there soon! Real soon! @Pythonic just gotta step up for once.

5. 2 TPE
I think we stick with the current format of everyone making the playoffs each season. Sure, we can argue that playoffs should be earned. We can argue that the lower seeded teams will either get weeded out anyways or screw up the hard-earned winning regular seasons of the higher seeded teams via "luck". But we need to focus on 1 thing. Retaining people in the SHL. As junior players, it gets very boring, VERY boring, shall I repeat myself again?, when teams are eliminated from playoffs. Imagine not being in playoffs to begin with. We need to give everyone a taste of playoffs so that there's a higher chance that people are invested in the playoffs, regardless of how their season went.

12. 2 TPE
b) I think Buffalo's consistency takes the cake here. Having a solid couple runs within 15 years of existence is great, but any team would LOVE to be as consistent as Hamilton or Buffalo. Forget the hate they get, those feelings would be out the window if WE were the ones winning all the time. Buffalo. Easy decision.
c) I think both teams have clean color coordination and primary logos. Buffalo's alternate logo gets a pass since I can guess from it that its some sort of geographical thing related to Buffalo. What is Chicago's alternate logo though? I like logos that clearly correlate with the team name. No idea how this logo says "Syndicate". Great primary logo but someone spent all their time on that it seems.

15. 1 TPE + x TPE
hello

17. 2 TPE
+2 TPE - Milestones

16 TPE Earned

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2021, 04:34 PM by juke.)

In an ideal world, I think that the 12 team format would be best, but only if it could be the top 6 in each conference. However, FHM makes teams qualify by division instead, and with uneven divisions, 6 teams would just have auto seeding into the playoffs every season. And I kinda think that trying to keep the concept of 'give as many teams playoffs to keep new players interested' gets cancelled out by the fact that division RNG will just screw over some teams anyway. So I think that with the limitations FHM gives us, an 8 team option would be the best. I know that it's a developmental league with the goal of player retention, but there's still plenty to keep players involved, and is partially the GM's job to keep rookies interested and enjoying the LR enough to survive a season or two without playoffs. Plus the way the J is structured, team rebuilds shouldn't keep teams out of the playoffs for more than a few seasons. 

2 TPE 

Quote:6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I'll just start off by getting the usual stuff out of the way, as always I expect CAN and USA to have good showings in the tournament. According to the index, for this IIHF tournament the CAN team has both the #1 rated forward and defense group by TPE, so the expectations on them will be high, despite not medaling last season. USA comes in ranked 3rd in offense as well as 3rd in skater TPE overall, so they'll find themselves among the top like most seasons. I think Sweden will be a team to keep a look out for, and may fly under the radar. They got eliminated in a tough 2-1 OT game to the eventual gold medal winners last season, and now with the new addition of Wagner they boast the second highest TPE skaters in the IIHF. As for my own team, I think this will finally be the season we see Finland advancing to the medal round. It's been a continuous climb up over the last year or so, but now we come in ranked with the 5th best forward group by TPE, and 5th best defense as well. Not to mention that Carpet and Goodman may be the best goalie tandem in the tournament. We'll have the high end talent like Kekkonen, Leppanen, Seppala, and Fitted, as well as a ton of solid depth throughout all 4 lines/3 pairs. 

3 TPE

Quote:14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Relative stats (per game) for both teams during the course of the 7 game finals

[Image: unknown.png]

3 TPE

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

I personally think that any time a team has a long-term continued dominance it becomes more impressive, though taking an expansion team to 1 cup win and another game 7 is certainly impressive. But at this point BUF has seemed to ice one of the stronger rosters pretty much every season I've been on the site, and what's more impressive is that manage to keep their future assets/picks always stocked to either slowly add more talent to their roster, or use in trades to make instant additions.

1 TPE

Quote:13. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)

I think this one could go one of two ways, but my first choice would be Aron Hernadivic. His balanced 4 goals and 4 assists in the 7 games was the highest point total among BUF players, and tied with Westbroek for the finals lead. On top of his points lead, he also put up a 61 CF% and an insane 4.6 GA/60 compared to 1.4 GA/60 in the series, and was 2nd for BUF forwards in hits. However I think you could make the case of picking the most clutch player in the series, and that would be Steve Harrington. He saved all his scoring for when it mattered, putting up 3 of his 4 goals on the series in game 7, a performance that solidified BUF's comeback and was an all-time SHL finals showing.

2 TPE    

Quote:15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification: juke

3 TPE

Quote:17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

Milestone link

2 TPE

16/16

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 11:38 AM by 3lewsers.)

Code:

Milestones

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)

So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things
to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in
the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

PBE Affiliate PT

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.

beetlejuice

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.)

Ugh, poetry is so 17th century, we're ditching that prompt. Earlier in the season I had you flex your songwriting in an SHL style parody, but this time you don't have a song to lean on. You're writing your very own
diss track about something SHL related. A player, A team, A GM, anything. You can write a diss track about CW if you want.

Here are the rules: At least 12 lines (and at least 60 words total) but if you wanna do more go for it. I'm not laying out a specific rhyme scheme but there has to be rhyme in it. Be creative! This prompt is not
for everyone, if you have a problem with it there are like 15 other prompts I made for ya. NOTE: THIS IS ALL IN JEST; ANYTHING OVERLY MEAN OR MALICIOUS WILL NOT BE GRADED. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Calgary is always at or near the top
but eventually the shoe will have to drop
Always gloating and flexing their muscle
but Winnipeg doesn't back down from a tussle
Waiting for the opportunity to surpass in the standings
the Dragons will not have a soft landing
they like to think they breathe fire
and that our situation is dire
as we patiently await our chance
to beat them and do a victory dance
this is the prime directive
but let's not get to introspective
it's a game this isn't real
but just expressing how i feel

Code:

b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is
more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?

a. There is no such thing as a gift trip to the finals. Can the puck bounce and slide your way sometimes? Sure, it can. However, luck will not win you a long and grueling playoff series. It is in most part due to a combination of skill, talent, and hard work. Sim luck or lack thereof is just an excuse that most losers like to use.

b. Buffalo's appearance is way more impressive. Consistency and longevity are not easy to sustain in a fluctuating environment like this, and their ability to come back time and again is incredible. Many laugh at the Buffalo Bills for going to four straight super bowls and losing, but just getting there four times in a row is amazing. Pretty ironic that this team is from the same city, and is just that good.

c. The only thing not great about the Buffalo Stampede logo are those awful colors. They are not pleasing to the eye at all. They should revisit their color scheme as soon as possible. They are really not meant for human consumption. If they don't change them, they might as well just rename themselves to the University of Vermont immediately.

d. The best player to play for the Chicago Syndicate is Daniel Smeb. He is a two-force on the ice that has been a great player for numerous consecutive seasons. He loves getting physical with his opponents and is not afraid to sacrifice his body for his team. He is an excellent passer that has had 40 or more assists each of the past 4 seasons. Many wish they were as good as him.

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 06:00 PM by mastersheep.)

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I expect that my team, the United States, will do fairly well despite our young defensive core.  The bulk of our team is still growing and should be a season or two away from being a bigger force than we currently are, but I expect to at least make the medal round.  Bobby Lane will be the player to watch once again after scoring a ton last season.  The best team is probably going to be Canada as usual.  They have great coaching and a fantastic lineup and will be led by a strong pairing featuring Adam Barron and Augustus Wang, who will get the bulk of the work for the club.  I expect Japan and Czechia and Great Britain to all be close to them and potential finalists as well.  The team that could be a wild card is Sweden after acquiring Jimmy Wagner as he will immediately be one of their top forwards.

Code:

This is easy.  The Stampede dominance is far more impressive than what Chicago has done, which comes from their ability to maximize asset retention, keeping a solid core around and building new ones without dropping in quality, as well as their strong coaching.  Chicago is starting to trend in that direction as well, but they are going to need to figure out what to do about their aging core and then make the finals far more often to rival Buffalo.

Code:

In my opinion, Martjin Westbroek is going to go down as the best player on the Chicago Syndicate.  He has played at such a high level for so long ahead of other higher TPE forwards on the team.  In his career, he has scored 310 goals and 397 assists for a total of 707 points.  He even had a career high this season with 89 points and finished 4th in scoring.

Code:

For the first time in quite a while, I think that a player on the losing team in the finals should be the MVP of the series and the playoffs.  Martjin Westbroek had 13 goals and 17 assists and his 30 points was 11 points higher than the next closest player on the Syndicate and more points than anyone in the playoffs.  With the exception of Games 1 and 6, Westbroek had a point in every game against the Stampede in the finals and usually came away with multiple point games scoring 8 points in the finals.  While the team couldn’t match Buffalo’s firepower, Westbroek was virtually unstoppable the entire series.

Code:

Verification word: thesheep

Code:
Claim 3 Milestones

+16 TPE

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 01:56 PM by Canadice.)

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
I think that there is no real urgency to change the format partially because of two reasons. First, the number of rounds does not change meaning that the potential length of the playoffs still falls within the same interval. Second, the SMJHL is a junior league meaning that the majority of players are new. The playoffs is a great part of the season where anything can happen and to prevent people from experiencing them is not worth it. Best case scenario there is an upset, and worst case scenario you prolong your active season by a week or so and the opposing team gets an easy first round victory.

Code:
109 words

Code:

I predict that the immense boost in actives for Team Sweden finally pays dividends and allows Tre Kronor to finally push themselves atop the podium. The addition of Wagner (who has played tremendously up until this point) is just the cherry on top of a stable core that has been growing up over the last couple of seasons. Another team that I expect to improve upon last tournament is Canada, but that is mostly because of their abysmal performance that only can be improved. Going into the tournament, i was skeptical of Finland's chances but as they've done in the WJC the past couple of tournaments, they completely demolish their opposition in the round robin. Similarly Team Austria has been exceeding expectations, with the loss of Wagner, and has managed to get their team working together and beating out, on paper, stronger teams in their group. Last year's gold medal winner, Japan, will probably have a difficult time repeating their performance but anything can happen as long as they advance to the medal rounds.

Code:
174 words

Code:

a. Both teams are not strangers to final appearances, so it was not surprising to see the former division rivals meeting up once again in the Challenge Cup Finals. Buffalo has only missed out on one of the last 6 final matchups, then losing out in seven games to Chicago in the semis. Chicago on the other hand has had worse luck in their matchup, losing all but that one series against Buffalo when they have met in the playoffs. They are still riding on their solid core of players so it will be another season or two until we can start talking about luck and bullshittery.

b. I think that the more impressive resume is of the Stampede. Having the consistency to always be in the fight for a final appearance given the changes to increase the parity of the league is a statement to the great team the management has built. Another aspect of this run that is impressive is that they have managed to be a part of 5 of the 6 latest finals, and managed to win two out of them.

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

First attempt to do something like this.

[Image: g43425.png]

Code:
15. CW Trivia, 3 TPE

kraken

Code:
17. Milestones, 3 TPE
Max claimed

Code:
Total: 2+3+2+3+3+3= 16

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Milestone Claim Link

Verification word: Wow

I think one thing you can always look to in the IIHF is that the "big" teams like the United States of America and Canada will always perform pretty well and typically find themselves in the hunt for a medal. However, last season proved that is not always the case. I think nations like Czechia, who is looking to make the final step for gold, is a likely threat this season, as well as a Japanese team which took gold last season, and a Swiss team looking to rebound after a disappointing medal round last season. Players to watch out for this season will be Samuel Michaud for Norway, who will hope to help carry his country into the medal rounds, Knox Booth from Czechia who is looking to make a career showing in the IIHF Tournament this season, and Keith Lee out of Ireland, who is looking to help turn the team's fortunes around from last season and propel them back into the fold.

Quote:12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. It's hard to look at either Chicago and Buffalo, teams that have been strong for some time now, and say either of them got puck luck to get where they are. I would say Buffalo got a bit lucky having Atlanta pull an upset over Baltimore, however, as it did clear the way to the finals a lot easier.
b. I think part of why Buffalo stays in the mix is they are able to make good trades, ones that leaves everyone scratching their heads on how they managed to get such a good return for what they traded. Chicago did a good job of planning long term in their initial expansion draft and the league is starting to see that pay off for them.
c. One thing for me is that I really don't like the new Dragons logo. I appreciate the design but it doesn't scream Dragons to me like the old ones have since my time on the site. I might just be being overly critical but it just doesn't pop for me. I think it's the size of the logo, just makes the dragon look more like a deformed snake...
d. The best player for Buffalo all time is probably Elizabeth Doyle. Her reign in Buffalo has been strong since day one and she's absolutely dominant in the league ever since. She plays a strong, healthy game, she's respectful of her opponents, and all around seems to be a good person. It's hard not to see her as a future Hall of Fame goaltender if she continues!

So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

Stan Din'desque was happy to play in his sophomore season. After going first overall in the SHL Entry draft and becoming a part of the Montreal Patriotes, he was able to follow-up what seemed like a disappointing rookie season with a solid showing in his second, tallying 14 goals and another 28 assists, leading the team with 42 points (other than Pavel Jeziak who was a mid-season acquisition). He felt proud of his play, and defensively he did even better, with over 20 takeaways and 100 blocked shots, he proved to be a key component in the Outlaws impressive Penalty Killing unit. Beyond that, he was named an Alternate Captain by his peers, and really began to mesh well with his group, being happy that he could be part of the Outlaws. He's saddened by the leaving of General Manager Ace this offseason and the early demise of the team in the playoffs, but he hopes his possible final season in the juniors could be a fruitful one!

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 05:05 AM by kentakira.)

Code:

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE

I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a
website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship
parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the
appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be
depicted at least twice in the image.
[Image: vcbMfzX.png]

Code:

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE

Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.
[Image: qLkZH5c.png]

Code:

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE

Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the
teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: KZLk5zW.png]

Code:

Code:
CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each
correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below.
Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit.
Post your verification word in your CW post.
hahahahha

Code:

Code:

Link Here: 1 TPE

18. ISFL Affiliate +3

Gunnar had some ups and downs just like everybody else, including that weird situation where somebody bought a bunch of turtles under his name, but for the most part, this year was actually pretty great for him. On the ice, he had the best regular season of his career, beating his previous personal best by eight points, and Chicago made it to the finals for only the second time. Regardless of what happens in the finals, though, off the ice things have been going really well for him. He came back from an injury, and even though that was very difficult, he worked extremely hard and is very proud of how far he's come since that time. He got a new agent, who has been very helpful for him. And maybe the biggest thing that happened to him off the ice this season was finally getting things sorted out with the person he loves, and finally realizing that they both felt the same way about each other and actually getting together instead of pining like oblivious dumbasses.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Waking up in somebody else's body would make Gunnar incredibly uncomfortable but for the sake of the argument, we are going to say that he wakes up as Corey Kennedy. Gunnar would immediately realize that he was given this opportunity for a reason, and that reason would be to remind Corey's body how to score goals. He would immediately go and start doing some shooting drills, in the hopes that he would be able to create some new muscle memory somehow so when Gunnar eventually inevitably goes back to his own body, maybe Corey will remember how to shoot the puck at the actual net instead of five or ten feet on either side of it. Unfortunately, spending any amount of time in Corey's body would probably give Gunnar the mistaken impression that he too is invincible and has bones made of steel, so upon returning to his own body he would probably try and dive in front of a bunch of slap shots and end up getting several teeth knocked out.

As a J GM I have already weighed in on this topic, but I am happy to rehash my thoughts here for the masses. I think it's alright to have not everyone make the playoffs for now, while we're at this odd number of teams - I infinitely prefer that to rushing a four-team expansion, so I'm glad that was the decision that was made. In the future, though, obviously provided that the numbers support the addition of two more expansion teams (I do think we'll get there eventually), I'd like to see it go back to everyone making the playoffs. Sure, the chances of an upset are pretty slim in FHM, but I agree with others who have pointed out that the SMJHL is a development league meant to get people interested in the site and keep them invested, and I think the more we allow people to participate in things in those early days, the more likely they are to stick around.

Hey, it's time for me to talk about Sweden again! Last year we were pretty disappointed to be eliminated in the quarterfinals, and we are hoping to do a lot better than that this year, and I believe we can do it (and I'm not just saying that because I'm the person setting the lines and all). We have an incredibly strong squad of super talented players and I really believe we've got what it takes to win it all if we can figure out that magical combination. We have Jimmy Wagner joining us via transfer this year to add to our already-impressive top two lines, we have several people hitting their peak this year, and we have an extremely promising crop of youngsters lining up for our WJC team, too. I am extremely impressed by our team and I am very hopeful that we will be able to go pretty far in this year's tournament.

I think both of these teams definitely deserve to be here - you can say what you want about Chicago having an “easier” route to the final because we had to play Calgary, but if you’ve been paying attention, you’d see that we actually have not played very well against Calgary in the regular season, so it’s very rewarding to have been able to get past that personal demon (look Gunnar is still mad about S50 okay) and make it to the final. And Buffalo is also a very good hockey team and got past Hamilton, who looked a little more human in the playoffs this year than they have in the past.
Quote:d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.
Martijn Westbroek continues to be one of the most dominant players in this league despite being several seasons into regression. He makes me embarrassed that I am the same draft class as he is but am nowhere near the hockey player he is. We played on the same line this season and I don't think it's coincidence at all that I had the best year of my career points-wise this year; he's the kind of person who makes other players around him better.

Claiming 3 TPE for milestones

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2021, 10:08 AM by Bfine.)

Well I’m writing this after the start of the tournament, but I still feel like Japan has a great chance of repeating as gold medalists. At the very least, Japan should medal again this season, as I expect a strong showing out of Sweden, the United States, and a return to greatness from Canada. Looking at the standings now, a strong run by Finland is not surprising, as they have a strong team but just could not put it together. It seems they now have and are looking to win gold. I thought Great Britain was going to fight for a medal as well, but with no wins so far it’s looking like another tournament to forget for the Brits. Looking at individual players, Ryu Jones has been an early standout for Japan, and rookie goalie Senji Seteki has gotten us some big wins. In the tournament as a whole, the most impressive player to me has been Latvian goalie Thor Odinson, with an insane 0.941 Save Percentage. (168 Words)

12. Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. I think both teams deserve to be here. Obviously all of the Great Lakes memes are out in full force, but its hard to deny how good of a job Buffalo and Chicago have done at building successful teams. Both faced another incredible team in the quarterfinals in Hamilton and Texas, and it’s hard to find two better teams to face off in the finals. (65 Words)
c.I’m just going to nitpick the colors of both teams because I don’t like either. Both have yellow in it, which is probably my least favorite color. Chicago’s is better since it’s the black and yellow combo that’s made Pittsburgh and Wiz Khalifa famous, but Buffalo’s green and yellow is awful and to me does not go well. (58 words)
d. When looking at Chicago’s best player of all time, I think Corey Kennedy would be my choice. Very tough between him, Westbroek, and the Smeb’s, but Corey’s play on the ice and leadership gives him the edge for me. Buffalo is tougher, but I’m going to go with Eduard Selich. One of the best goal scorers in SHL history, he smashed the record books for Buffalo. While goalie Cedric Robinson is another strong choice, I think Selich’s knack for finding the net gives him the edge. (86 words)

When looking at who should be the Challenge Cup MVP, I would be hard pressed to pick anyone except Elizabeth Doyle. Consistently one of the top goaltenders, she made huge saves that kept Buffalo in the series, and with a lesser goalie in net I do not think Buffalo would have won the cup. While Steve Harrington’s three goals in game 7 were huge, and Aron Hernadivic and Monkey D. Luffy both had a strong series, I think it’s time to give goalies some love and crown Doyle as the series MVP. As an aside, if Chicago won the cup, my vote would have been for Martijn Westbroek, but alas the cards did not fall that way. (117 words)

15. Trivia
Corey (+3 TPE)

16. 16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

When thinking of a romantic date night location, what better place to go than to Chili’s! The iconic catchphrase “Hi welcome to Chili’s” certainly drives home the feeling you get when you walk in. Host of such iconic events as the first ever Dundee’s, you will feel god in this chili’s as you enjoy some of the most basic “Tex-Mex” food you’ve ever seen. I’m sure Luke will enjoy under-seasoned nachos, bland burgers, and surprising overpriced cocktails. But if not, I’m sure the skillet cookie, which is actually good, would finish off what could best be described as a forgettable meal. And if he doesn’t enjoy it, oh well I have the money already. (114 words)

17. Milestones
+3 TPE

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

If these things are considered bad, then what happened to Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. is much worse. On a cold, rainy, saturday evening, Ibrahimovic Jr., was returning home from a sweaty practice session. As he opened the door to his Presidential Suite in Montreal, there stood this figure that was hard to describe. It was drenched in rain and was rocking on a wooden chair. The figure slowly turned to Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr., and declared that she was pregnant. For fucks sake, yelled Ibrahimovic Jr. "What do you mean you are pregnant?", uttered Ibrahimovic. She said that 6 months ago when the had a one night stand after a club with Zlatan, she became pregnant. Ibrahimovic jr, didnt believe her and wanted to test if it is in fact his baby. To his distraught, he was indeed the father of the baby. On the flip side, Ibrahimovic Jr. was having a son to whom he can pass on his legacy. A new father now, he stepped into the role very well and has been taking care of his baby momma. It is what it is he told himself since he cant help that his sperm was strong as hell.

If the SHL has suddenly transformed into the Classic 150 Pokeverse, then Ibrahimovic Jr. would definitely be Dragonite. He is hard to control but once mastered, is one of the best pokemons in the world. He can use pretty much multiple moves and is so versatile as he can fly as well. So as the trainer, Soulja will try to assemble the best starter team and will go on to face other trainers. His ultimate goal will be to become a gym leader so that he can pave the way for the rookies and help them hone their skills. The pokemon team of 5 that he will assemble are the following: Dragonite (Ibrahimovic Jr), Gengar (Monkey D Luffy), Nicholas Owens (Venosaur), Kaapo Kekkonen (Charizard) and finally Samuel Michaud (Alakazam). All of these players of their own strength and weakness. The team consists of Dragonite (versatile), Charizard (best fire type), Gengar (ghost type pokemon to instill fear), Venasaur (Monstrous tank of a leaf pokemon) and finally the brain and psychic of them all, Alakazam. This team should crush any of their opponents as long as the legendaries are not used. The pokemon all complement each other and should pave the way for Soulja to become a great Gym leader.

3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic jr, wakes up from bed and heads to the washroom. As he pulls down his short to pee, he notices that his peepee is a lot smaller than normal. WTF he says to himself. He looks in the mirror and notices that he is no longer Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. Instead he is the player Tinke Jutila from Buffalo Stampede. He yells in shock and realizes that he isnt even in his house in montreal as he is in Buffalo. He basically got body swapped with a player from the Stampede and they are currently in the championship finals against Chicago Syndicate. As a former stampede, Zlatan knows the environment of Buffalo as he has played there before. So he gets dressed and heads to game 5 of the game between CHI vs BUF. Chicago has the stranglehold on buffalo as they are leading 3-1. Zlatan hops on the ice and his movements shock everybody. To everyone's suprise no one knew that Tinke Jutila can move his body like this and defend so well. With Zlatan's help, the stampede have tied chicago. Right as they are about to play game 7, zlatan gets pulled back into his original body and Tinke gets back into his body. Due to this swap, Buffalo ends up losing their championship

15. goku

17. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083592

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]