Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

Such a fantastic precedent we have set here today. Historic day for shl.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

08-20-2021, 06:30 PM39alaska39 Wrote: All I’ve learned from this is that I literally never have to post contracts if they’re agreed to in DMs, trade my seconds forever and I’ll eat a very small penalty in like 15 seasons

Well the rulebook states that you can only trade draft picks 5 seasons out

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

This is a fucking joke

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

08-20-2021, 06:35 PMTomen Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:30 PM39alaska39 Wrote: All I’ve learned from this is that I literally never have to post contracts if they’re agreed to in DMs, trade my seconds forever and I’ll eat a very small penalty in like 15 seasons

Well the rulebook states that you can only trade draft picks 5 seasons out
Ah fair point. I’ll eat a penalty in a year and a half then

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 06:36 PM by Pythonic.)

[Image: unknown.png]
wtf @Air Crou is this true?

[Image: unknown.png] (original image)
This is my favorite thing to do now that I know Discord DMs count for something. You can also edit the date, the username, hell, even their profile picture. If someone actually wanted to do harm with this, they definitely could.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

I would like to say that this short-circuit of the process wherein ownership stepped ON (not in) Head Office is not how things should go.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

@Air Crou greek?

[Image: 3.png]

ok sounds reasonable

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

08-20-2021, 06:32 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:28 PMleviadan Wrote: I'll start: you're the worst banker ever. When was the last time you ran Twitter?

[Image: 4]

HIRED

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

08-20-2021, 06:36 PMPythonic Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

This is my favorite thing to do now that I know Discord DMs count for something. You can also edit the date, the username, hell, even their profile picture. If someone actually wanted to do harm with this, they definitely could.
it would be a hamilton move to do that..

Fuck HO

Shit sorry, it was a reflex.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

kinda absurd to yoink draftees for posting smt an hour late though imo

at the end of the day the real crime was hallsy posting something an hour late everyones blowing this a lil out of proportion

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

08-20-2021, 06:24 PMKeygan Wrote: I believe wholeheartedly that head office should be allowed to post their conclusion prior to head office stepping in, as I think they are going to eat a lot of flak for something they had nothing to do with.

HO originally was going to let all 3 go to bidding. While I'm sure people would love to see Hamilton lose 3 1st round picks due to negligence, it is absolutely not what the rule was meant for. I feel partially responsible for not pointing that out in Tommy's rule overview/clarification. The whole point is to stop GMs from abusing a loophole that allowed them to keep players rights without spending cap.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 06:42 PM by Air Crou.)

08-20-2021, 06:36 PMPythonic Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

@Memento Mori I think this gives you the perfect answer. Python did this to me as a joke. Imagine someone with malicious intents. A GM wanting to sign a FA after getting rejected, perhaps.

08-20-2021, 06:36 PMJSS Wrote: @Air Crou greek?
YESSIR

08-20-2021, 06:39 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:24 PMKeygan Wrote: I believe wholeheartedly that head office should be allowed to post their conclusion prior to head office stepping in, as I think they are going to eat a lot of flak for something they had nothing to do with.

HO originally was going to let all 3 go to bidding. While I'm sure people would love to see Hamilton lose 3 1st round picks due to negligence, it is absolutely not what the rule was meant for. I feel partially responsible for not pointing that out in Tommy's rule overview/clarification. The whole point is to stop GMs from abusing a loophole that allowed them to keep players rights without spending cap.
So you'd rather bend backwards and lift them instead of driving the point in? THIS IS THEIR FAULT AND YOU FUCKING BAILED THEM OUT! If the rule says they lose the players, they lose the players. It is as simple as ABC. Rulebook says A, we do A, as it has been voted. You can't bend the rulebook at will. This is driving people away from the league. It is NOT keeping them around.

08-20-2021, 06:38 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
kinda absurd to yoink draftees for posting smt an hour late though imo

at the end of the day the real crime was hallsy posting something an hour late everyones blowing this a lil out of proportion
Agreed, BUT the punishment is laughable. Deadlines are deadlines man. I dont have a problem with the players going to Hammy, but wow, just wow

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM