Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 07:00 PM by Evok.)

[Image: 5kadsf.jpg]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-20-2021, 07:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: [Image: da6352fb2b663ee1ffe250ff3e2323b2.png]

With about 93~ or so people in the thread, along with 19 guests, we could actually make a legitimate Thread Division

As long as we don't make a draft.

Someone may forget to sign their draftees.

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

08-20-2021, 07:00 PMnykonax Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:56 PMmonochroma Wrote: my thoughts exactly, what the fuck is the point of the head office if they don't actually get to make the decision
its so crazy, like HO is deciding on a punishment then the owners just come in and decide it? Would love to know which Owners had input on the decision though especially in such a quick timeframe considering I haven't seen tez around in forever. Why is there an 'expedited appeals process' if the real HO punishment wasn't even posted to be appealed yet. This honestly just looks like Teddy coming in to save his friends who fucked up, but would love to be shown it isn't the case.
Teddy and Leafs.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

08-20-2021, 07:00 PMnykonax Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:56 PMmonochroma Wrote: my thoughts exactly, what the fuck is the point of the head office if they don't actually get to make the decision
its so crazy, like HO is deciding on a punishment then the owners just come in and decide it? Would love to know which Owners had input on the decision though especially in such a quick timeframe considering I haven't seen tez around in forever. Why is there an 'expedited appeals process' if the real HO punishment wasn't even posted to be appealed yet. This honestly just looks like Teddy coming in to save his friends who fucked up, but would love to be shown it isn't the case.
considering two of them are completely inactive i don't think we have to do too much guessing

08-20-2021, 07:01 PMr0tzbua Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: [Image: da6352fb2b663ee1ffe250ff3e2323b2.png]

With about 93~ or so people in the thread, along with 19 guests, we could actually make a legitimate Thread Division

As long as we don't make a draft.

PM'd you your contract bb

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

I railed for two days straight over a misunderstanding of the rules and the punishment that was going to require us to trade a well-loved member of our team's community, and was told "thems the rules, cut and dried" and then Toronto's appeal was denied. Every time they look at metrics, there's a call for consistency and transparency in how punishments are handled. It's real swell to have Nour and Luke get on the soapbox at the end of each season and talk about all of those improvements to infrastructure, transparency, and consistency. To their credit, it sounds like SHL HO definitely tried to do the right thing in this instance.

But it doesn't mean a Damn Thing to talk about it if the things don't happen when there's call for them. So thanks for that Ownership.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

08-20-2021, 06:56 PMgrok Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:53 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: I wonder just how many of these horrible decisions it's going to take, until people start just not returning to this site. Oh my lawd dis bad.
luff you've been here through like half a dozen of these and still max earn, i don't believe this threat from you for a second

Well one you haven't been keeping up with me loool

But also 2 wasn't a threat. Just genuinely saying, people might get fed up faaast

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

There a rule here that HO can veto an appeal? That should legit be looked at. I'm appeals in another league and always hated that that rule existed bit it's there for a time like this.

[Image: hopoate.png]

Rabble rabble rabble

[Image: Fantobens.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 07:07 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

08-20-2021, 06:48 PMAce Wrote: When I was the NEW GM, I was fired because the rulebook was black and white. The HO error on managing the pick tracker was irrelevant because the rulebook was clear.

The rulebook seems clear in this case too.

Seems like different results for different teams, and different results for different users.

I’m sympathetic to any franchise that miss an offseason deadline by a few hours with how short the offseason has become for GMs to do a ton of work… but there does seem to be a bias with some teams getting punishments and then being told ‘we are following the letters of the rulebook’ .. while other teams get rulings which circumvent what the rulebook declares as punishment. Hamilton GMs are excellent.. I wouldn’t want to see them get killed over this.. but to not even lose a 1st rounder?.. or a pick in the next calendar year?…. Smh

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 07:06 PM by r0tzbua.)

08-20-2021, 07:02 PMArkz Wrote:
08-20-2021, 07:01 PMr0tzbua Wrote: As long as we don't make a draft.

PM'd you your contract bb

Damn which one of my contract DMs are you. There's so many.

What's to stop HO from overruling the owners since the owners didn't follow procedure?

[Image: t6u8vGX.png]
[Image: TjI93pk.gif]

*Checks watch* ah yes it’s time for the off-season drama post!!!!

Need a sig :-/

08-20-2021, 06:50 PMArkz Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:48 PMTomen Wrote: This part here feels weird to me. Hamilton could have been granted an extension of time for their GM tasks since of either 12 or 24 hours. There wasn't a big need for the owners to step in to rush to a decision from my POV.
As shown, it really had nothing to do with the timing. HO made a decision that Teddy disagreed with, and so made the ruling and made it absolute. The timing thing is a red herring.
TBF the more I think about this ownership just sped up the process. HO would have made their decision and then Hammy would have appealed the decision which meants the Owners will rule on the appeal and OP would have been their appeal decision. So Ownership just decided to skip the HO decision part.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

08-20-2021, 07:07 PMinverted Wrote: What's to stop HO from overruling the owners since the owners didn't follow procedure?
they could just ban every member of HO if they felt like it