Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

08-20-2021, 07:08 PMTomen Wrote:
08-20-2021, 06:50 PMArkz Wrote: As shown, it really had nothing to do with the timing. HO made a decision that Teddy disagreed with, and so made the ruling and made it absolute. The timing thing is a red herring.
TBF the more I think about this ownership just sped up the process. HO would have made their decision and then Hammy would have appealed the decision which meants the Owners will rule on the appeal and OP would have been their appeal decision. So Ownership just decided to skip the HO decision part.
But is that right? Of course not.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

08-20-2021, 06:50 PMArkz Wrote: As shown, it really had nothing to do with the timing. HO made a decision that Teddy disagreed with, and so made the ruling and made it absolute. The timing thing is a red herring.
TBF the more I think about this ownership just sped up the process. HO would have made their decision and then Hammy would have appealed the decision which meants the Owners will rule on the appeal and OP would have been their appeal decision. So Ownership just decided to skip the HO decision part.
Of all the reactions, people being upset over the owners expediting the appeal process (i.e. just getting us to the end result faster) is weird. Of anything in the punishment thread that was the best explained in the original thread. Everything else goofy tho

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

08-20-2021, 07:03 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote: I railed for two days straight over a misunderstanding of the rules and the punishment that was going to require us to trade a well-loved member of our team's community, and was told "thems the rules, cut and dried" and then Toronto's appeal was denied. Every time they look at metrics, there's a call for consistency and transparency in how punishments are handled. It's real swell to have Nour and Luke get on the soapbox at the end of each season and talk about all of those improvements to infrastructure, transparency, and consistency. To their credit, it sounds like SHL HO definitely tried to do the right thing in this instance.

But it doesn't mean a Damn Thing to talk about it if the things don't happen when there's call for them. So thanks for that Ownership.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

maybe we should be making appeals decisions with more than 2 people, one of whom could potentially be biased to their team.

08-20-2021, 06:47 PMr0tzbua Wrote: haha this is amazing.

"Probation". Hahahaha. A draft pick 7 seasons in the future, oh my god. The gift that keeps on giving.

Cum cum cum cum cum <----- this one is yours cum cum cum

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

introduces a rule in the off-season to punish people for not signing draftees by a certain time

the first time it comes up the rule is nullified

Very good look

G A Y H E G H O G

[Image: gayheghog.gif]

peepee poopoo

[Image: Cody-Rhodes-American-pro-wrestler-2022.jpg]

This is completely inexcusable.

I do agree that Hamilton gets their players back.

But at least they should get a first round pick taken away.

Not a good look for ownership here.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Have I ever made a thread teM?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

What I’d love to know is that if this was a different team, and they did the same thing, would the gd OWNERS (who before today, I thought weren’t even involved with the operation of the league, thought that was what HO was for) have stepped in and changed the punishment?

This needs to be changed, this is a complete farce. Why do we even have a HO who is paid to make the big decisions, if their final, rule based decisions can be overruled just like *that*?? Like what kind of precedent does this set for future rules that are broken?

08-20-2021, 06:51 PMzaynzk Wrote: Lol what a Slap on the wrist

This is an embarrassment

My penis <---- this one is yours

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Oh I guess these people don’t know the difference between some who owns something and someone who runs something…

Need a sig :-/

Lol… change a contract… lose a team and nine million firsts. Don’t even post a contact at all… a second and change.

[Image: Wally.png]

08-20-2021, 07:18 PMWally Wrote: Lol… change a contract… lose a team and nine million firsts. Don’t even post a contact at all… a second and change.

we gotta be more inclusive wally, what you did in the past was unacceptable only because it was Portland. Now Hamilton? they can do whatever the fuck they want and barely get punished as we've seen many time in the past. Even when the rule book is clear and cut and it was explained to all GMs previously what would happen. Clearly it can't have been done in bad intention right?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

This is so dumb.
Am I making it up or did Toronto not just get bitch slapped for a misunderstanding of the rules?
I don't necessarily agree with losing out on all 3 prospects by being an hour late but a 1 mil cap fine is fucking laughable. I'm not even going to mention the second.
This has been handled atrociously and shows a definite bias towards one team. I would've thought anybody with an affiliation to the team shouldve stepped back from the decision making process but that appears to have not happened. I'll be one and done here. Absolute jokeboys

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

08-20-2021, 07:15 PMTheFlash Wrote: What I’d love to know is that if this was a different team, and they did the same thing, would the gd OWNERS (who before today, I thought weren’t even involved with the operation of the league, thought that was what HO was for) have stepped in and changed the punishment?

This needs to be changed, this is a complete farce. Why do we even have a HO who is paid to make the big decisions, if their final, rule based decisions can be overruled just like *that*?? Like what kind of precedent does this set for future rules that are broken?
Exactly this! The owners Mostly? All? (idk) Hamilton alums come in, swing their dicks around, save their team from some deep shit, give them a slap on the wrist, and surely go back to being IA fuckwits with their heads up their asses. Why even have HO if the owners can ruin the league? Why even have a rulebook? Let the owners arbitrarily decide every ruling and punishment based on their whims and who they favor more.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner