Create Account

S60 Kraken Awards + S61 Captaincy!

Welcome everyone to the annual Carolina Kraken awards ceremony. We're coming off of a fun season, albeit one that ended sooner than hoped, that included a ton of really inspiring performances from incredible people. There's so many incredible people, and I'm proud to be here to help celebrate all that they've done for the culture and the success of the team. We've also lost a lot of great people and players in this offseason but I'm gonna get to them later. They will be acknowledged I promise you. For now we'll start off with the new captaincy core for this upcoming season.

The Kraken will be running with a unique captain lineup this season, with two captains and an alternate instead of one captain and 2 alternates. The two captains will split time, with one for the first half of the season and one for the 2nd. I'll start off with the alternate for this season:

RODERIC BANES
I really love this guy and it's awesome seeing him get the appreciation he deserves here. He's such a friendly dude to have in the locker room and just makes being there so much more chill. He's gonna be an important player for us this season and will no doubt be somebody who helps to lead the way for everyone else. Also very attractive

Now to announce the captain who will be taking the first half of the season:
GRANNY PANPAN
sucks

The great man who will be taking the second half of the season is: 

CORMAC PONAIRE

Unlike the other captain, this dude is without a doubt a great leader on this team. He's one of the star players going into a season where we hope to be cup contenders, and is a guy who really makes the locker room a much more welcoming place. Can't say enough about this guy, and am absolutely honored to share the captaincy with him. 

Congratulations to all of our new letter-wearers! We will now move on to the awards to really celebrate all of the good things that made S60 such a fun year to be a part of for this team. Starting us off is:

The Kain Webb Award for Leadership

The nominees for this award are:

Roderic Banes
Tomas Lind
Granny PanPan
Aleks Blixstrom
The winner of this award is:
GRANNY PANPAN
sucks

Three great nominees that I'm really happy to see acknowledged for everything they do for this team and the culture within it. Now we will be moving on to:

The Cristoph Klose Award for Top Forward

Daud Ramza

Cormac Ponaire

Golden Face

The winner for this award is:

DAUD RAMZA and GOLDEN FACE

These two were absolutely instrumental in the success of last year. None of it happens without these two guys and all the work they put in. No surprise to see the top two point getters for the team last season get acknowledged for it with this award. Next up we have:

The Quilha Agante Award for Top Defenseman

Granny PanPan

Vincent Fox

Eddie Kastrba

GRANNY PANPAN
sucks

Next on the list is:

The Jordan Nugent Hall Award for Most Dedicated Player

Atticus Hale

Tomas Lind
Cormac Ponaire
Patya Perevalov
PATYA PEREVALOV
This dude amazes me with all that he does. He puts so much work into the league with being in HO intern, all the media that he does, (which he streamed himself writing in the locker room one night, it was great) all the stuff that he does with the Patya Persona. He puts 100% into everything he does and it's a great influence to me and everyone else in the locker room. He's always one of the most conversational dudes in the locker room, and one of the first to help if you need something. This man just doesn't have a flaw. Also very attractive. Our fifth award tonight is:

The Petr Klimek Award for Best Two Way Player

Our nominees for this award are:

Granny PanPan

Cormac Ponaire

Tomas Lind

Daud Ramza

The winner for this award is:

CORMAC PONAIRE

An absolute force in both ends of the ice, this dude was so important for every little thing that happened for us on the ice. He was preventing just as many goals as he was scoring, and is looking to keep up the momentum this season. Next up is:

The Kurtis Hunter Award for Team's Choice MVP

Granny PanPan

Vincent Fox

Tomas Lind

Golden Face

GRANNY PANPAN
sucks 

Our Sve7enth award tonight is: 

The Alonzo Garbonzo Award for Best Rookie

Atticus Hale

Patya Perevalov

Tanner Fox

PATYA PEREVALOV

All these dude's had really good rookie seasons, and were even better locker room presence. The fact that Tanner Fox got nominated for the best SMJHL rookie and Patya still won the award is a testament to how appreciated Patya is in the locker room (no offense fuzz you know i love you <3) No love should be lost on Atticus here, another dude that I just love having in the locker room and I'm super excited to see how the rest of his Kraken tenure goes. Our 8th and final award is:

Michael Fitted Award for The Player Who Best Demonstrates What it Means to be a Kraken

Roderic Banes

Vincent Fox

Patya Perevalov

Granny PanPan

VINCENT FOX and GRANNY PANPAN

Two hot boys win a very important award. I will start off by talking about Granny PanPan: guy sucks. I will now talk about Vincent Fox, aka Jimmysmo27 aka Certified Hot Boy. I am actually struggling with how to say how much this man means to the team. He is the lifeblood of everything that happens in that locker room. He talked on the podcast about going out of his way to make sure rookies felt included. He is always there making conversation and helping establish a locker room that is genuinely amazing to be in. He's gone through so much and is so important to all of us on the Kraken. It is an absolute joy to be his podcast partner, and I hope that one day everyone in this league will get a chance to just talk to this man. He's incredibly attractive.

That wraps up the main awards for this past season, but I still have some people I wanna talk about, and as one of the captains of this team I feel I have the right to add my own award called:

The I Miss You Award For Most Missed Player

Eero Makela

Aleks Blixstrom

Daud Ramza

Golden Face

Tomas Lind

The winner of this award is a five way tie between all of these guys, so I will honor them each individually

Eero Makela- Man it really sucked seeing you go so soon. I was super excited when you came to the team and was hyped to see what you could do for another year in Carolina. You're good dude, sucked we didn't get to talk much in the brief time you were here. I'll miss you.

Aleks Blixstrom- We were rookies together and it's been a blast since that time. You were a great player for us and you're still a great locker room presence. I love you man, best of luck to you. I'll miss you.

Daud Ramza-  A super important leader and a super important player, it really stung seeing you just get taken from us. I will never forgive Overdoo for what he has done. You've been a great guy to share a locker room with man, congrats on being first captain in Regina history. I'll miss you.

Golden Face- An absolute stud of a player. Led the team in points this year and it's gonna be tough filling that production. Hate to see a star walk away, but that's what happens in the J. I'll miss you.

Tomas Lind- There is actually no limits to what you're capable of, both on the ice and off of it. A star player, a great personality, and an absolute wizard of SHL stats. You're gonna go far kid. I'll miss you.

That's the end of our annual awards ceremony everybody. Congrats to all the winners and the new captains, lets have another great season!

Love ya Granny! Thanks for the kind words!
Well.deserved award wins all around. You dont give yourself enough credit. We love you ❤

[Image: banes.png]