Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

When I first started in the league, I didn't really follow the SHL so I just looked up to some of the guys in the DET locker room. Our GM's were so on their game at the time. @notorioustig and @nour were just rockin it. Serious at times fun during others. Really gave me a sense of what the league was about. Having fun and bringing a group together to string some wins and a 4 star cup together. That whole class is still pretty active in the LR to this day which I really enjoy :-)

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

i only looked up to myself because bean is the only bean that matters. being the 3 time captain of the armada is more than a lot of newbies can say. hell yeah brother
34 words

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Timo Haas was an incredible goaltender when I was first coming up in SHL long time ago. He was a stud in LAP and I remember trying to copy his stats and attributes to get anywhere near him and possibly get some awards. Unfortunately I went inactive and never got to my potential. Also big shout out to @Wasty who was a great GM for LAP.

[Image: vikian.gif]

I didn't look up to any of the past players because during the sths era all the defenders were scare to be defenders. If you fo ce.me to answer the question I look up to Bojo Biscuit.

[Image: lazer2.png]

When I first got here I had no idea what I was doing because I don't really follow hockey. One of the mentor type people who messaged me was charlieconway whose defenseman Adam Barron was a year ahead of me. He gave me a few tips about building a defenseman so I've always occasionally looked to see how he's been building his player and probably have tried to emulate a bit.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

I never really looked up to any player. My goal for Makrus was always to be unseen. The enabler that won face-offs and got my teammates the puck. I didn’t expect that to translate onto the scoresheet.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Im super happy to being learnt from all the staff and senior players in vancouver, they have helped me around from the start and super happy to play there. Same goes for the team of calgary who picked me up and cant wait to start playing there as well, but for now i have to wait and train a bit more for a few more seasons.

[Image: croppad.jpg]

Buzz Killington's first season in the SMJHL was S23, so the first couple of players I looked up to was the legendary S20 class when they were starting to hit their stride. Daniel @Merica, Colt Constantine / Simon Pilat @Maxy , @Nike Kickz, Stephen Jalopski, and of course the legend himself and guy who drafted me, Alonzo Garbanzo @ArGarBarGar .

I guess earlier in my career I would do Tony Pepperoni but we are different players and he was genuinely scary good for them. I do not think I follow anyone else these days and just am my own player but hopefully I can get HoF

[46 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

I don't think there was anyone in particular my player idolized. Alex Petrenko (hi @traphag !) was an excellent role model, but he and Emilia are very different players despite both being defensemen and is an important reason I'm still active in the SHL, though obviously our days playing for Anaheim are long over.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Back when I joined, I didn't know any of the legends of the game. A year and a half later, I still don't know any legends of the game. So who do I look up to in the SHL? I suppose it is whoever is taller than me while I'm talking to them.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

I didn't really model my game after any player, really. I play in the way that I enjoy the most and that I'm the best at - defensive and physical. I did and still do look up to some of my more experienced teammates from that first season with the Knights though.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

As I am still quite new to the SHL, I do not really have anyone that I look up to as far as a player.  The people I would look up to are the GM's of the Nevada Battleborn. They were the ones who first gave me a chance, and I would like to someday follow in their footsteps.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021, 04:54 PM by StadiumGambler.)

When Nick first arrived in the league Nick probably modelled myself after Mike Izzy, because he was one of the high-volume checkers in the league at the time that got play in fantasy.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

Honestly the person I closely looked up to in this league was Opera_Phantom’s player. He’s honestly the reason I’m here, and I want to make sure I honor that to the best of my ability. I can’t let him down.