Create Account

S61 mPT #4- Heroes

I did not have any specific players, but I used to (and still do) check the best performing players of my position occasionally, to see if there's something in common there, and then compare it to my build.

[Image: sulov.gif]

When I joined the SHL I never really looked to any other players in that sort of way but my teammates along the way so far have definitely given me something to look at and strive to be as an active player in this league

[Image: hbQ14G7.jpg]

It took me awhile to get my footing in the league, so I was pretty clueless about the leagues goings on in the league, but I’ve always looked up to @Dextaria he is a great guy, a great player, and a great teammate.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

When I was first drafted to St Louis I went through their history of players. One player that stood out to me was Slip McScruf on the Winnipeg jets. He was a Crow alumni and a big defender who would punish those around him. I modeled my game after him as much as possible. After being traded to Anchorage, I really showed my stuff but hitting everything I could. Now I get to play alongside my hero in New Orleans and it has been a blast.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

With my first player Ti-Guy Emond who was a defenseman, I tried to emulate Clint Eastwood who was one of the best physical defensive d-man at the time. With my current player, I'd say the player I'll try to duplicate is Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay. There are not too many forward builds focused on defense so he's the easy choice.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Young Jonas Kahnwald definitely had many players to look up to. Jukka Timonen and Corey Kennedy were two of the players he wanted to model himself after, high octane offensive defencemen. As well as Ryuuji Minamino, who is not a defenceman.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

I've made this known many times before, but the biggest idol for me in my early years was Joe Kurczewski. His guidance and leadership were instrumental in the player I became.

When I first entered the league I realized I just wanted to score the most goals and looked at who the scoring leaders were in the J and at the time that was Edward Williams. Since I've settled though I've really tried to model my player after @"TommySalami"'s Tony Pepperoni. Really is no better player to look up to and try and emulate.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Someone Rikard Hammarberg looked up to when he first got to the SHL was the amazing and consistent play of Aaron Wilson. Aaron Wilson had, the year before Hammarberg came up to the SHL had the most points of any player in the SHL and his consistent play every single year as Hammarberg was developing, centering Wilson has taught him the ins and outs of being a pro.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

I would say hotdog was a big influence on me. Obviously not in a “I want to be like him” way since his player stinks. But he provided and example of what not to be. Thanks Mr Dog.

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

I wanted to be like Gabe Johnson. I had heard about Gabe Johnson all the time in locker rooms, how he was a genius and the mastermind behind Hamitlon. I was a forward but gabe was apparently Pog.

[Image: rotti.gif]

Starting in the league, there were a lot of names thrown about that I didn't really know of more than in reputation. I don't really know why but Gabe Johnson was one that still sticks with me from the early days. Suiting up for Sweden in the WJC also gave me the chance to get to know players such as Yngve Simonsson, James Kimanje, Juni Panda, Jonathan Granström, Alex Oscarsson and, the loan and eventual transfer, Jon St. Ark.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

When I came into the league in I believe S29, I looked up to Esa Anrikkanen. I know that is odd considering I was a goalie, but it is how it is. Partly this was because of me going to the Calgary Dragons, but this was also because of how I, at the beginning of my sim league career, Always had a hard on for breaking the games played record in leagues. Seeing how long Esa played made me want to be like him

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

I did not know very much about the league when I joined, and we did the big sim engine swap in my second season, so I kind of just did my own thing at the start

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

When I joined the Dragons I looked up to the players of @Steelhead77 and @Mike Izzy. Both now in Hall of Fame and I hope someday too even though chances are slim.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]