Create Account

Montreal Patriotes + nour Punishment

Hello SHL friends,

It came to the attention of the SHL Head Office that Montreal had missed their minimum required starts for backup games last season. This is in violation of Section I, Subsection B, Article 1 of the SHL Rulebook, which reads:

Code:
Teams are required to start their backup goalie a minimum of 12 games per regular season.

Montreal had managed to play 10 back up games this season but missed the last 2, and will therefore be assessed the following punishment:

Punishment Terms
- $4,000,000 Salary Cap fine in S62 ($2,000,000 per missed start)
- Montreal must start their back up goalie an extra 4 games (equal to twice the amount of starts missed), in addition to their standard 12 games.
- Failure to meet the back up goalie requirements in S62 will result in termination of GMs

In addition to this, this was an infraction and punishment that was really poorly handled by Head Office. It was caught very late into the offseason when it should have been identified and addressed immediately at regular season’s end. While it isn’t anyone’s specific job to verify back up starts within HO, the responsibility falls on me to make sure my team is informed and keeping track of these things. As such, I’m assessing myself the following punishment:

Punishment Terms
- $3,000,000 pay deduction for S62
- Second write up added to my record. Receiving another one of these during S62 will result in my immediate termination.

Shl

There’s not much else to say here addressing the punishment itself, but I do hope to reassure you all that SHL Head Office is doing it’s in best to ensure we improve these areas where we know we can be better, to avoid issues like this in the future, and continue to make our working relationship with the GMs, and with the site as a whole, a good one.

On behalf of the SHL Head Office,
nour

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

when will you pay for your crimes, nour?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Free nour

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

While I understand its in the rulebooks this way....but..

Montreal just received a new GM.  Can he be held accountable for the actions of the prior leadership?   I mean, if they must have a cap penalty then I guess that goes....but not for termination.  They have 0 prior offenses as new GM.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 10:58 AM by Pythonic.)

11-01-2021, 10:39 AMnour Wrote: Punishment Terms
- Montreal must start their back up goalie an extra 4 games (equal to twice the amount of starts missed), in addition to their standard 12 games.
- Failure to meet the back up goalie requirements in S62 will result in termination of GMs
literally worse than the HAM punishment KEKW

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Inf1d3l doesn’t deserve this imo

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

11-01-2021, 10:48 AMGeekusoid Wrote: While I understand its in the rulebooks this way....but..

Montreal just received a new GM.  Can he be held accountable for the actions of the prior leadership?   I mean, if they must have a cap penalty then I guess that goes....but not for termination.  They have 0 prior offenses as new GM.

what did we do for SFP? is this comparable? lol

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

that's fine and dandy but when are you gonna respond to my PM on discord @nour ?

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-01-2021, 10:57 AMPythonic Wrote:

Can we pull Discord logs? If the Montreal GMs said they would do all their backup starts at some point does that count for something?

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 11:11 AM by Inf1d3l.)

Without going into a lot of details, in the end I didn't do my due diligence to make sure the back-ups were met. There were several other circumstances involved in this (including, but not limited to, making sure our past GM wasn't actually dead) but I digress.

I voiced my extreme displeasure to HO regarding the handling of this situation in the hopes that things would improve, but considering it took over a week between my being informed of the punishment and this post (and over a week between them knowing of the infraction and actually informing me of it), I'm sadly not super convinced that things will improve. I have my hopes, but that's about all I can do.

I did appeal the decision. In fact, I appealed the decision hours after I was informed and long before this post was made, unfortunately HO and Ownership felt that handing down the punishment was more important than keeping the stability of the franchise with a new leadership change, and the situation that lead to that.

I will accept the punishment, but I'm not happy about it. HO needs to get their shit together on things if this is the sort of league they are running.

11-01-2021, 11:02 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:
11-01-2021, 10:48 AMGeekusoid Wrote: While I understand its in the rulebooks this way....but..

what did we do for SFP? is this comparable? lol

I'm pretty sure Thatguy was already GM by then so it's not.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

11-01-2021, 10:57 AMPythonic Wrote:
who?

[Image: rotti.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2021, 11:19 AM by Matteo.)

FREE INF1

I want to add: MTL was just listed as the top destination to be drafted to, largely because of Infy, and now he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt if he makes a mistake because of what a previous GM did?

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

I'm glad the league takes a hard stance on clearly defined GM tasks being missed

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

I swear nour became commish just to punish himself

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget